Italian Bikes (Read 784 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Italian Bikes
Reply #30 - 08/03/17 at 06:59:39

Wow, and it is a shaft drive as well!

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 08/03/17 at 08:29:28

So, how many of the girls did you have to part with?

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #32 - 08/03/17 at 12:55:05

I know why you got that...you got scared when Dave and I  were catching you on the Dragon and you had to step it up a notch with a bigger bike to compensate.  We're still gonna catch you!!!

Congrats!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #33 - 08/03/17 at 14:29:24

Well Versey , It how many I didn't have to part with ...

List is $7,999  at my local dealer for the 2017 models , but they have flat Black all over them (mufflers included ) and only half a front fender .

The 2016 models have chrome muffle and semi shinny paint and a real front fender .   I found a dealer in Pa. who has two of them , one black and one silver  , the silver one was 21% less (still new) the black one is a demo model .  

There were a few in Texas too , and several in Calf.   One of the ones in Calf. already has a rack on the back and ( ??  Undecided ?? ) 4,000 miles on it , that was the better deal but   Shocked dang " that's a long way away" just to save a few bucks.   (cycle Trader , moto guzzi V7-II Stone )

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 08/03/17 at 14:33:44

If it's LA based, I can throw it on the truck for you.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #35 - 08/03/17 at 14:48:21

I got a deposit on the New one already .   but I had a brief though about flying out to visit ya and ridding home .    So now I'll have to ride out to visit ya and ride your neighborhood  for a day or two before pointing up to the Black Hills for a visit.   ???    Maybe next August ???  

Wild Hogs Style ???  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #36 - 08/04/17 at 10:44:26

It looks like the V7 has Pirelli Sport Demon tires.......they stick great and you won't be slipping on the wet roads anymore - but you won't be getting 18,000 miles on a rear tire either!

When you wear those out you might try the Michelin Sport Active if they come in your size - that is what I am going to try next on the Honda NT700....and maybe the Cafe' Savage.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #37 - 08/04/17 at 18:00:41

Nice looking bike.  I like the retro style.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 08/06/17 at 20:55:11

Yea Dave  its got Sport Demon's ,  

you know I like long life tires  as  99% of my riding is on dry roads , and its kind of fun when the rear slides and the front don't !  Grin

So are the Michelin Sport Active long life tires ?

I got back home with it today .  
Tags and insurance tomorrow   Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #39 - 08/07/17 at 05:09:22

Ooops.....it is the Michelin Pilot Activ.
http://motorcycle.michelinman.com/US/en/tires/products/pilot-activ.html#

Sport Demons are about as soft as you can get in a street tire....they grip really well - but the rubber is soft and they wear quickly.  The Bridgestone Battlax BT45 is a bit more durable - the front has a block pattern that wears uneven and become a bit noisy when leaned over.....but the rear tire has a harder compound in the center and softer on the sides which helps slow down the wear in the center.  Both of these tires have tread compounds that work very well in the wet.

The Avon AM26 Roadrider might also be a tire that wears a bit slower - however "mileage" is not listed as one of the tires virtues.  The guys that run the speed contests in the "standing mile" tend to use the Avons, as they come in a lot of sizes and some have a 149 mph speed rating.
http://www.avonmoto.com/products/street-bias/roadrider  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #40 - 08/07/17 at 18:09:45

Well , Tags and Insurance is done.

First Ride Report :

The motor idling and sitting straddle of it give an unusual sensation when the throttle is gently applied , as going from idle to 3000 rpm.   the whole bike moves from left to right with the flywheel accelerating .  Kind of fells GOOD ...  Cool

Its only 52 HP and 44. ft/lbs.  but it pulls great !  Cool

The gearing can't be manipulated , so what it is , is what it is .   The gears are a little close together but ... there are six of em.   First is tall enough to clear all but the biggest intersections .    Sixth is about like my Savage with the front Kawasaki pulley   (3k = 50mph) (4k = 70mph) .  

Back to the gears being close ... so  in third (3rd) gear at 7000 rpm (limiter cuts in) , the speedometer is showing 80mph.    I though the stroke (74mm) should go about 8000rpm.    The bore is 80mm.  
So gearing is a linear equation so ... 3500rpm would be 60mph so 7000rpm would be 120mph.    That OK , 75mph cruse is just the high side of 4000rpm.   Smiley  
also getting down to 40mph in 6th gear is still smooth ,  Cool.

Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #41 - 08/08/17 at 12:15:39

Oh numbers numbers numbers, corners how does it corner , how does it ride with shaft drive , stopping what is the abs like ???? Does it feel heavy with a full tank ? I'm so jealous !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #42 - 08/08/17 at 12:45:25

Ruttly wrote on 08/08/17 at 12:15:39:
Oh numbers numbers numbers, corners how does it corner , how does it ride with shaft drive , stopping what is the abs like ???? Does it feel heavy with a full tank ? I'm so jealous !

Ruttly - In a month when MM has it all broken in and ready to ride at WOT....a bunch of us are going to be standing in line for our chance to ride!  Come on over....you can get in line right behind me! Wink

(Maybe MM should have delayed the delivery of his bike for a month........knowing that he was having a gathering of old scooter trash at his house in early September.
« Last Edit: 08/08/17 at 18:58:57 by Dave »  

Waiting_to_ride_the_Guzzi.jpg

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #43 - 08/08/17 at 14:29:29

and if you haven't already visited it, the wildguzzi forum is a pleasant campfire.  Tell them Trippah sent you (and then duck!).

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #44 - 08/08/17 at 15:19:08

Dave , I hate reading these topics about the gatherings just cause I know I can't grace you with my presence  Grin.  But I feel the need to stay up to date with you all. I ride with you , I'm the one your all chasing but just can't seem to catch up to. Ride safe and enjoy !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 08:21:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Italian Bikes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.