Send Topic Print
Mann Down! (Read 281 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Mann Down!
Reply #60 - 07/11/17 at 05:41:43

I lied. One last thing on this climate change thread and then off to work.

Trump should be on Mt. Rushmore today, why wait? He saved all of us an incredible amount of money and did his part to maintain our prosperity by pulling out of the Paris Agreement. Why?

There's a phrase, the Devil's in the Details. Check out below from someone who did the research to determine exactly what was in this 'agreement'.

As a basic starting point, I suggest that on any story of political importance in the New York Times, the truth is probably exactly the opposite of what they report.  Consider that lead story on the front page of yesterday's Sunday print edition: "World Leaders Move Forward on Climate Change, Without U.S."   Scary!  The U.S. is getting completely isolated from the world community!

In a final communiqué at the conclusion of the Group of 20 summit meeting in Hamburg, Germany, the nations took “note” of Mr. Trump’s decision to abandon the pact and “immediately cease” efforts to enact former President Barack Obama’s pledge of curbing greenhouse gas emissions 26 to 28 percent below 2005 levels by 2025.  But the other 19 members of the group broke explicitly with Mr. Trump in their embrace of the international deal, signing off on a detailed policy blueprint outlining how their countries could meet their goals in the pact.  

You can definitely count on Pravda not to look into what these other 19 countries have promised to do and let you know if there is any substance to it.  So the hard work falls once again to the Manhattan Contrarian.  If you just Google the letters "INDC" ("Intended Nationally Determined Contribution") along with the name of a country, you can find out exactly what that country has promised to do as part of the Paris Agreement.  So let's take a look at what a few of the big countries are up to.

•China.  We already know that answer from my post just last week.  China, through its companies, is planning to build over the course of the next decade or so well more than double the number of coal power plants that the U.S. has today.  Its INDC calls for its proceeding to increase carbon emissions as much as it wants through 2030, and only then (when everyone in China presumably has electricity and a couple of cars)  to level things off.  By that time its emissions will probably be at least triple those of the U.S.

•India.  India's INDC openly admits that it intends to increase its electricity supply by more than triple between now and 2030, with no commitment whatsoever as to how much of that will come from fossil fuels.  Oh, they say that they plan to lower the "emissions intensity" of their energy generation, and greatly expand (useless) wind and solar capacity, as well as nuclear.  Whoopee!

•Indonesia.   These things get more comical the more of them you read.  The first thing you learn in reading Indonesia's INDC is that the large majority of its emissions come from burning down the rain forest ("most emissions (63%) are the result of land use change and peat and forest fires") and very little from using fossil fuels for energy ("fossil fuels contribute[e] approximately 19% of total emissions").  So they'll promise to burn down less of the rain forest, and nothing whatsoever as to reducing use of fossil fuels for energy.  Their (completely illusory) "reduction target" of 29% by 2030 is not against a fixed amount of past usage (like the United States' benchmark of 2005 emissions), but rather is against what they call a "business as usual" scenario of projected future emissions that are a multiple of today's.

•Russia.  What, you didn't know that Russia was a member of the G20?  What is the chance that Russia would make an honest promise about emissions reductions?  Their INDC calls for reducing emissions by 25-30% below 1990 by 2030.  Impressive!  Wait a minute!  The Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.  Then they closed down all that inefficient Soviet industry.  According to a graph at Climate Action Tracker here, by 2000 their emissions were down by almost 40% from the 1990 level, and they have only crept up a little from there since.  In other words, Russia's supposed "commitments" again represent increases from today's level of emissions.  Yet another total scam.

•Germany.  Germany is part of the supposed EU commitment to reduce emissions by 40% below 1990 levels by 2030.  Oh, but now that Germany has gotten its electricity production from renewables up to about 30%, it seems that it has hit a wall, and its carbon emissions have actually gone up for both of the last two years (2015 and 2016), according to Clean Energy Wire.  Exactly how do they plan to meet their goal?  Excellent question.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #61 - 07/11/17 at 06:10:02

Well, NOW look what you've done! You've introduced FACTS into a totally emotional event. You can rest assured that the ones who hate Trump will be unable to discern the truth.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #62 - 07/11/17 at 06:18:36

Wouldn't want anyone to miss this. Probably not gonna matter, but, I gotta try.
The ANSWERS that are being proposed will destroy what is left of the economy. The people pushing for this are the same people who wanted Bamicare. They are always Wrong.
They don't know how this is part of Agenda 21. Yeah, let's
Level the Playing Field, you remember, like Nafta did..
You won't be able to afford to run your air conditioner and won't be Allowed to have a fire.
We will be paying for carbon credits and carbon taxes. A surcharge on manufactured goods, to Pay for the carbon emissions required to manufacture your television..
But who sees it? Not the masses. They clammer for their own destruction. Sold lies, AGAIN!

WebsterMark wrote on 07/11/17 at 05:34:56:
Putting this Mann thread to bed; a couple of important points.

One guy responsible for the original global warming charade taking off is the guy this thread's titled after, Michael Mann. He filed two libel suits after articles appeared saying he basically made stuff up to make his infamous hockey stick graph work.

In both cases, he's refused to provide his data during the discovery part of the pre-trial. So the writers said his data was false, he sued for libel but now refuses to show the original data.... Hmmmmm   Yea, he lied.

So, for Sew and TT who seem to impose near angelic status on anyone claiming to be a climate scientist, one of the original architects of GW created false data and that helped to kick off the greatest scientific fraud in history....

Secondly, from Manhattan Contrarian. (whom you should all read by the way;http://manhattancontrarian.com/  ).  Basically, the temps are back where they were in the 80's and 90's. And if you read thru the rest of his stuff, he post all the temp readings and the MARGIN OF ERROR showing how all these headlines that we've just head the hottest June etc.... are BS because the temp difference in so tiny and within the margin of error.

With the breakup of last year's big El Niño, global temperatures declined significantly.  The latest global temperature anomaly from the UAH satellite temperature series is +0.21 deg C for June 2017 -- down a remarkable 0.65 deg C from the February 2016 global anomaly of +0.86 deg C.  The Northern Hemisphere anomaly dropped even more, by 0.86 deg C, from +1.19 deg C to only +0.32 deg C.  Those declines represent well more than half of the entire warming that had been present in the satellite record at the peak of the El Niño, and bring recent temperatures below those recorded during many months in the 1980s and 90s.  It's no wonder that the breathless press releases from NASA and NOAA trumpeting "hottest [April, May, June, etc.] ever!" have at least temporarily ceased.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 07/11/17 at 06:33:50

Sigh... Just read the thread below boys... don't get your panties in a twist (hey, jog even says cleaner and more sustainable is better, so...).  This is what I believe - period.-

T And T Garage wrote on 07/10/17 at 15:14:02:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/17 at 15:07:28:
Change towards something cleaner and sustainable is only reasonable.
Pretending the climate is going crazy, driving support for change with fear, that's WRONG.
You can want better without screaming Fire.
You can't justify pretending the demonstrably incorrect Science we've had shoved down our throats by saying you want to err on side of caution after the Destruction promised BY THEIR INFORMATION hasn't happened.

I don't see it that way.  I see core, ocean and geologic sediment temps that point to acceleration at an alarming rate.

I'm not scared of it - I see the immediate need to change.

What scares me is the denial.  That everything is fine.

You just said it - "Change towards something cleaner and sustainable is only reasonable."

Well then... let's get going on it - why wait?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 07/11/17 at 06:36:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/10/17 at 15:55:16:
I'm not Rossi.

What steps do you suggest?

Don't be so blatantly obtuse.  It's obvious.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #65 - 07/11/17 at 06:46:28

It was obvious that the guy admitting he lied was actually busted,
What steps to take to address a problem that may not exist may be less obvious.
You're full of answers,
Share, c

Don't be so blatantly obtuse

Funny, coming from you.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 07/11/17 at 07:01:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/11/17 at 06:46:28:
You're full of answers,
Share, c

Funny, coming from you.

Why not ask me how to draw a circle?  Same concept jog - I'm not falling for your fake naivete.

We all know what needs to be done.  If you honestly don't, then stand out of the way.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 07/11/17 at 07:54:03

There's another aspect to this climate change BS.

20% of the world doesn't have regular access to electricity. that's 1.2 billion.

Cutting fossil fuel emissions means relegating them to poverty. This is the anti-human aspect of environmentalism. Sending money to build a pedal powered pump for a poor African village instead of a looking for a way to provide affordable, reliable electricity is nothing short of evil. Wind and solar might be fine for you because no matter what, you've go the grid to back you up, keep your hospitals open, keep your refrigerator with medicine cold.... But that's not good enough if it's your only source.

"I've got my prosperity, to hell with you" is what you're really saying by following though with the ramifications of lowering emissions.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #68 - 07/11/17 at 08:21:33

T And T Garage wrote on 07/11/17 at 07:01:56:
You're full of answers,
Share, c

Funny, coming from you.

Why not ask me how to draw a circle?  Same concept jog - I'm not falling for your fake naivete.

We all know what needs to be done.  If you honestly don't, then stand out of the way.

Your ideas of smart scare me. What do you want to see done?
If you're waiting for your handler to tell you what to say, I understand.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #69 - 07/11/17 at 08:28:07

WebsterMark wrote on 07/11/17 at 07:54:03:

20% of the world doesn't have regular access to electricity. that's 1.2 billion.

Cutting fossil fuel emissions means relegating them to poverty. This is the anti-human aspect of environmentalism. Sending money to build a pedal powered pump for a poor African village instead of a looking for a way to provide affordable, reliable electricity is nothing short of evil. Wind and solar might be fine for you because no matter what, you've go the grid to back you up, keep your hospitals open, keep your refrigerator with medicine cold.... But that's not good enough if it's your only source.

"I've got my prosperity, to hell with you" is what you're really saying by following though with the ramifications of lowering emissions.

LOL - this whole time, I've been talking about the US and industrialized countries... as have pretty much everyone else.

Talk about a strawman - nice example!

Eye on the ball, huh?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #70 - 07/11/17 at 08:31:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/11/17 at 08:21:33:
T And T Garage wrote on 07/11/17 at 07:01:56:
You're full of answers,
Share, c

Funny, coming from you.

Your ideas of smart scare me. What do you want to see done?

I refuse to think that you are that stupid - but you sure are pushing that narrative.

If you're waiting for your handler to tell you what to say, I understand.

What is that... some kind of jab?  Ohhh... woe is me..... you think I don't think for myself... whatever shall I do?......

It's funny - you accuse me of being a troll, and then you exhibit the EXACT nature of one... nice!

You're not gonna be successful jog.  But keep on tryin'.

LOL

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #71 - 07/11/17 at 08:50:21

You got nothing..

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 07/11/17 at 09:25:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/11/17 at 08:50:21:
You got nothing..

LOL - talk about your ripping retort!

Huzzah!!!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #73 - 07/11/17 at 10:01:34

T And T Garage wrote on 07/11/17 at 08:28:07:
WebsterMark wrote on 07/11/17 at 07:54:03:

LOL - this whole time, I've been talking about the US and industrialized countries... as have pretty much everyone else.

Talk about a strawman - nice example!

Eye on the ball, huh?

I don't think you're grasping the big picture. Pursing CO2 emission reductions in prosperous nations will condemn millions to poverty. China, India will build coal plants, they can afford it. Little country in central Africa can't. They will be left behind because no one will build them a coal fired plant or a nuclear plant.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #74 - 07/11/17 at 10:04:42

Looking at the problems that Solving the Problem will cause isn't a strawman. Explain Why you would claim that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:19:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Mann Down!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.