Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
My version of a flat/dirt/street tracker Savage (Read 1815 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: My version of a flat/dirt/street tracker Savag
Reply #60 - 07/04/18 at 19:18:32

The statement" If you build it they well come " is only true in the movies. You never  get the money you put into a custom ,If you build the bike ,it had better be to your own taste and for your own use. It's really only worth what the blue book is for that year. You may get lucky and find someone easy, that will meet your price ,but it will take a lot of time.( Maybe forever).

« Last Edit: 07/06/18 at 05:13:07 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #61 - 07/05/18 at 15:15:35

And yet there are companies out there building customs all the time.  This isn't the first bike nerdsports has built and sold.  

I think it will sell to someone who is thinking about building a Ryca and realizes that it will cheaper and easier to buy this.  It's the perfect commuter/bar hopper bike as is.  Just throw a mirror on it and go.  I've put close to 10k miles on my bike the past 2 summers strictly commuting. There is some hipster out there that want's this bike.

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #62 - 07/06/18 at 14:49:00

Excellent build.

Remember, you sell emotions as much as a motorcycle; people do not buy with their brains, even when they think they are. Colour, stance, engine - so many things go into the decision making also on a sub-conscious level.

What can a seller do? Using words in the ad to evoke emotions, something that will allow a potential buyer see him or herself riding the thing and having fun while also getting cred. Perhaps a video with the sand roosting from the rear wheel on a gravel road. A wheelie. Anything that reeks of performance and joy.

Think what would a person looking for their first car get excited about? The extra leg room and luggage space? A fullsize spare wheel? The headlamp washers? The service intervals of the engine? Or would it be cool rims, the sound as the engine is revved, the colour and the sunroof? The practical buyer has a grumpy wife and 3 screaming kids. The practical buyer will not consider a street tracker. An emotional buyer will IMO. And he or she will not be interested in wheel sizes or powder coating, but whether or not it is cool.

Boy, am I great at repeating myself  Undecided Wink Grin

IP Logged
nerdsports
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 07/07/18 at 06:05:03

ohiomoto wrote on 07/05/18 at 15:15:35:
And yet there are companies out there building customs all the time.  This isn't the first bike nerdsports has built and sold.  

I think it will sell to someone who is thinking about building a Ryca and realizes that it will cheaper and easier to buy this.  It's the perfect commuter/bar hopper bike as is.  Just throw a mirror on it and go.  I've put close to 10k miles on my bike the past 2 summers strictly commuting. There is some hipster out there that want's this bike.

Thanks man! That's exactly who I'm targeting. I'm going to get a friend to get some good photos of it and some video and it's going on ebay so a bigger audience has access to it. Selling it in Miami and Tampa hasn't panned out because the markets don't know a lick about flat track motorcycles.

IP Logged
nerdsports
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 07/07/18 at 06:06:58

faffi wrote on 07/06/18 at 14:49:00:
Excellent build.

Remember, you sell emotions as much as a motorcycle; people do not buy with their brains, even when they think they are. Colour, stance, engine - so many things go into the decision making also on a sub-conscious level.

What can a seller do? Using words in the ad to evoke emotions, something that will allow a potential buyer see him or herself riding the thing and having fun while also getting cred. Perhaps a video with the sand roosting from the rear wheel on a gravel road. A wheelie. Anything that reeks of performance and joy.

Think what would a person looking for their first car get excited about? The extra leg room and luggage space? A fullsize spare wheel? The headlamp washers? The service intervals of the engine? Or would it be cool rims, the sound as the engine is revved, the colour and the sunroof? The practical buyer has a grumpy wife and 3 screaming kids. The practical buyer will not consider a street tracker. An emotional buyer will IMO. And he or she will not be interested in wheel sizes or powder coating, but whether or not it is cool.

Boy, am I great at repeating myself  Undecided Wink Grin

Faffi, you hit the nail on the head. I spoke to a friend and I decided that really cool, hip photos in cool places (bars, dirt roads, etc) will help sell it. It's funny you mention sand roosting because I really want to rip into this thing and catch some video.

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #65 - 07/07/18 at 11:13:08

Don't forget to share pics - and vid if you make one  Cool

IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #66 - 07/19/18 at 19:01:46

nerdsports, super looking build man, good luck selling it

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #67 - 11/15/18 at 20:16:10

Another bump for a fine scrambler!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #68 - 11/17/21 at 15:44:56

Bump because it's cool.

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #69 - 01/11/22 at 19:28:33

Agreed! This should be on the sticky!

IP Logged
TBR125
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #70 - 01/18/22 at 20:17:36

That's an awesome looking build! What diameter tubing did you use on the exhaust? I'm using a similar exhaust route and want to make the front bend around the down-tube weld free on a 5" clr bender.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #71 - 07/14/22 at 18:14:59

ohiomoto wrote on 11/17/21 at 15:44:56:
Bump because it's cool.

still^

Smiley

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #72 - 07/23/22 at 18:24:39

Agreed! Please add this to the bike build sticky!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 14:04:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My version of a flat/dirt/street tracker Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.