Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #210 - 01/08/17 at 05:32:42

Sapulpa - Just about 10 miles from J's County Kitchen.

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #211 - 01/08/17 at 15:22:46

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET ....     I am still plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Santeetlah Lake Exploratory Trip   April 23, 24, 26   Oldfeller and MM wanted to go relocate some classic blackline trips and check out some new camping places at Santeetlah Lake     TRIP IS LACKING TAKERS AT THIS TIME -- respond if you want to go, please.

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip          Mid to Late April      NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz,  Springman

Lancer Oklahoma trip    May 22-27   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lancer

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills,  RaleighGuy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

Undefined East Coast July slot           July 15-16    

This is an empty time slot looking for a neat event to center upon.   Several have been proposed, but not much in the way of takers.   Will be reviewed again in March in hopes of a really neat idea cropping up.

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9 & 10    MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 02/24/17 at 18:16:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #212 - 02/03/17 at 05:51:05

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/05/16 at 03:07:30:

Truth is ..... the Parkway is beautiful, but the speed limit is only 35-45 mph, it is marked with a double yellow line all the way down it

Not exactly true.  I ride the section around Ashville/Black Mountain, Cherokee NC, and there are places to pass . . . but they are few and far between.  Getting behind an old couple on a Sunday morning going 30 MPH can be unnerving!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #213 - 02/17/17 at 17:56:23

Piedmontbuckeye, it really isn't far to one of the scheduled trips, the longest away is 2.5 hours from you and the shortest (Kickstand) is only about half of that distance.   You should ride up and meet the group and kick around the mountains some with us.   It's fun, as you already know.   I'd aim at the first day (arrival day) as we get gone for so much of the rest of the time.   Easiest meet up after that is dinner time and we'd have to tell you where we were going to eat that day by cell phone.

Wink      Moderators, if you see something is wrong or is being missed in the shuffle, reach in and fix it -- that's what you got them long fingers for.

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET ....     I am still plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Santeetlah Lake Exploratory Trip   April 23, 24, 26   Oldfeller and MM wanted to go relocate some classic blackline trips and check out some new camping places at Santeetlah Lake.    If we get 4 or more people we may rent a 6 man cabin so nobody needs to haul a bunch of stuff.    BUT WE DO NEED TO KNOW SOON, as the cabins will be gone soon.

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip          Mid to Late April      NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz,  Springman

Lancer Oklahoma trip    May 22-27   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lancer, Thumperclone

From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

Undefined East Coast July slot           July 15-16    

This is an empty time slot looking for a neat event to center upon.   Several have been proposed, but not much in the way of takers.   Will be reviewed again in March in hopes of a really neat idea cropping up.

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9 & 10    MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

« Last Edit: 02/25/17 at 01:46:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #214 - 02/19/17 at 11:35:59

Santeetlah Lake Exploratory Trip   April 23, 24, 26   Oldfeller and MM

This is a free trip.    Cabin has been reserved by prepaying.   What is missing now are Savage.com people interested in the ride.   We still have 3-4 bed slots open.   Trip is now open to CMA riders and "other group" riders that you can personally vouch for.   Speaky speaky, don't be squeaky.

I'm kinda interested in the whole lake complex -- for a federal facility they seem to have their heads on straight as far as having 3 managed campgrounds, five (5) Ranger Stations and still having all those dozens of free "open to the first taker" camping places that we have been spotting on already.

I am curious as to if it is "by the person" or "by the tent space" at the three full service campgrounds?   We could make us some cost advantage using a big tent if it is by the tent space.   I also want to know if there is a shower at one of the payme campgrounds in the complex.   Yes, see below.

So, we are proposing April 23, 24, 26 ???  

I found another free site with a toilet facility.   It is actually on the Cherohola Skyway side of Santeetlah Lake.  https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/recreation/horseriding-camping/recarea/...

I also see mention of 2 cabins that you can put up to six people into each at a cost of $35 per cabin a night.  That is dirt cheap compared to where we have been staying.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/cheoah-point-cabin-2/r/campgroundDetails.d...     YES, there is an open to all campers shower facility 150 feet from Cabin #1 (and Cabin #2, but slightly further away).   You can book this place on line, makes it easy to do.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/recreation/horseriding-camping/recarea/...     Here is another map that shows the town with a satellite shot.

Costs     FREE TRIP -- cabin costs already paid for

Next, there is a tiny little town actually out in the lake that is named Santeetlah, apparently it was a town in the area before the lake was filled in and wound up with water on three sides out on a peninsula.   It is still a tiny incorporated town made up mostly of rich people's lake homes that is showing up on the map above.

Yes, we can spend some time poking around and find a range from free to cheap places for future use and we may actually maybe find someplace worth calling "home base" for a larger group run.

I bet these two cabin places gets booked up a year in advance on the summer weekends.   Weekdays, not so likely.    Roll Eyes

Cabin #2 - there is room for an additional small tent if you want but it can not be set up on the grass (only within the gravel pad). So it does make the eating area a bit cramped. Nice view of the lake but a longer walk to your car and the bathroom.    I also see a fire pit and firewood .....

Bathrooms and shower are up at the start of the small paved path.

« Last Edit: 03/06/17 at 02:03:20 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Taysnay
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #215 - 03/07/17 at 19:10:31

Holy crap this would be awesome to go to! Looks so cool

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #216 - 03/08/17 at 02:50:40

It's available for a free sign up, just go here and post your arrival day and time.

click here      http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1487825218/30#30

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #217 - 03/08/17 at 04:58:56

Just in case anybody (Lancer?  Springman?) are still thinking about coming down here for ride about..  
The wild flowers have started coming out and will be peaking soon.

Of course.. I will be riding about every weekend anyway, and can be talked into riding during the week with enough notice.  
As always, any and all (y'all) are welcome here anytime!  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #218 - 03/08/17 at 06:51:22

youzguyz wrote on 03/08/17 at 04:58:56:
Just in case anybody (Lancer?  Springman?) are still thinking about coming down here for ride about..  
The wild flowers have started coming out and will be peaking soon.

Of course.. I will be riding about every weekend anyway, and can be talked into riding during the week with enough notice.  
As always, any and all (y'all) are welcome here anytime!  Cheesy

I will not be able to come in April, I have a 3 day state wide rally with CMA that my wife and I need to go to, and that takes out our fun money for March & April.   Hopefully sometime later.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #219 - 03/08/17 at 07:51:01

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a firm date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Santeetlah Lake Exploratory Trip   April 23, 24, 26   Oldfeller and MM

This is a free trip.    Cabin has been reserved by prepaying.   What is missing now are Savage.com people interested in the ride.   We still have 3-4 bed slots open.   Trip is now open to CMA riders and "other group" riders that you can personally vouch for.   We are staying in a six man log cabin at the junction of Tapco Rd (Dragon road) and the Cherohola Skyway just outside of Robbinsville.

Lancer Oklahoma trip    extended to 19-28 May   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian, Thumperclone

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9 & 10    MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer,  Stew Mills

« Last Edit: 03/09/17 at 12:32:16 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #220 - 03/09/17 at 08:07:31

Dates of Oklahoma Ride are extended to 19-28 May for anyone who may need to arrive early or stay later.  Come whenever you can; there is plenty of room.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #221 - 03/09/17 at 08:38:19

Dates of Oklahoma Ride are extended to 19-28 May

Smiley

Its going to be  " The RIDE of the Summer "   Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #222 - 03/09/17 at 08:57:33

MM, where is "the ranch" located? I am trying to see if I can consider attending that ride in September.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #223 - 03/09/17 at 09:54:59

stewmills wrote on 03/09/17 at 08:57:33:
MM, where is "the ranch" located? I am trying to see if I can consider attending that ride in September.

Lynchburg TN

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #224 - 03/09/17 at 09:59:52

LANCER wrote on 03/09/17 at 08:07:31:
Dates of Oklahoma Ride are extended to 19-28 May for anyone who may need to arrive early or stay later.  Come whenever you can; there is plenty of room.

I'm gonna hold this to 1 week vaca, so I can have 2 weeks for MMRanch and possibly another week late july for Denver.

So I'll arrive sunday, leave saturday.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:35:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.