Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #225 - 03/09/17 at 11:16:39

Well that's nearly the exact same drive for me as it is to the Dragon, just driving through N AL versus N GA.

Put me down for the MM Farm September ride. Schedule permitting at the time I think I can probably swing this one.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #226 - 03/09/17 at 12:26:37

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION RIGHT UP TO THE GO DAY -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET UNTIL IT IS OVER.     I am still plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is really going plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a firm date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip          Mid to Late April      NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz, try putting a firm date on your event and see if any of the people will come back ......

Santeetlah Lake Exploratory Trip   April 23, 24, 26   Charles,  Kent,  MM,  Oldfeller

This is a free trip.    Cabin has been reserved by prepaying.    We still have 2 bed slots open.   Trip is now open to CMA riders and "other group" riders that you can personally vouch for.   We are staying in a six man log cabin at the junction of Tapco Rd (Dragon road) and the Cherohola Skyway just outside of Robbinsville.

Lancer Oklahoma trip    extended to 19-28 May   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills,  RaleighGuy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  Late July  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian, Thumperclone

Undefined East Coast July slot           July 15-16    
This is an empty time slot looking for a neat event to center upon.   Several have been proposed, but not much in the way of takers.   Will be reviewed again in April in hopes of a really neat idea cropping up.

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9 & 10    MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer,  StewMills

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

« Last Edit: 03/13/17 at 10:09:41 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #227 - 03/09/17 at 21:56:14

Here's the info again.  originally this was a explore and go to a junkyard run.
For me it's 15hr run to get there, and I need a base camp to park my truck.
there are a lot of free campsites too.  https://freecampsites.net/#!Denver,+CO,+United+States
I'm thinking late july now.  

verslagen1 wrote on 09/20/16 at 18:25:56:
need a cheap place to stay and a few roads to ride...

Ty's is north of Denver, little bit further than boulder.

Indian Paintbrush Campground - puts us on the southwest corner of Denver.
$55 a night for cabin that sleeps 6   Cool
http://www.lakewood.org/Community_Resources/Parks,_Forestry_and_Open_Space/Be...

weather
http://www.usa.com/denver-county-co-weather.htm

Looking at the weather, june/july would be good.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #228 - 03/10/17 at 08:55:51

OldFeller

Put "Charles" on the Santeetlah Lake list  please . Smiley
If its raining or cold , I'll offer to buy your half , take the wife and Car ... Maybe  Roll Eyes , and/or ??? meet you and your wife there ?   BBQ chicken/pork-riblets  off the grill ...  If that how if falls ... them Me and Marcia get the bunks and ya'll have to take the Monster bed .  Grin

Versey , I'd like to do the " Ty's is north of Denver "  ride , but ... might have too-much on the calendar already , but let's see how this could work ?     What time frame ya thinking ?    It would be good to stop by some S-40 riders places on the way there and pick up some more of US on the way , and have a string of cool over night places on the way too  !  Wink  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #229 - 03/10/17 at 09:31:11

Mike, we got us a Santeetlah trip with 3 or more people .....    and you can still bring your wife if you want to trailer in a bike.     Tell her about the little "pretty mountain tourist town that got stuck out in the middle of the lake" and unhook the trailer and give her the car and let her go shopping there and in Robbinsville and Franklin.    We will tell her she is responsible for finding the neat little places for us to eat for dinner -- she seems to like that.

We are not going rip-tearing anyway, I have a bigger bike to break in now that isn't really suitable for peg dragging and this is a casual sort of trip as planned.  

You don't want to be picking up a Barcalounger or a Goldwing up out of a ditch anyway  --  they are jest too durn heavy to lift.   My goal is to not scuff up my new saddle bags.
Better to leave them up on two wheels and just use the side stand.

Weather looks plumb beautiful .....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/month/334849?monyr=4/0...
« Last Edit: 03/11/17 at 10:41:13 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Screenshot_at_2017-03-10_12-25-28.jpeg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #230 - 03/10/17 at 11:08:26

Went looking on the internet for multiple switchbacks ....

http://devilstriangletn.com/

http://www.thedevilnc80.com/about80.html

Shame Lancer doesn't remember where that mountain blackline was ....  

We actually stayed on Hwy 80 near Little Switzerland once (foggy foggy night) and ran it like 6 times, nice, but it is not what we are trying to find again.   Hwy 32 was a better curvy road than that one anyway ....

In any case that blackline switchback was on the Blue Ridge Campground side of things when we found it, and this trip is on the Robbinsville side of things.   Different side of the up high world actually.

Sad thing is that road was paved only on one side right up to a state or a county line, so THAT gives us a clue where to look when we are over on Blue Ridge side again.

« Last Edit: 03/10/17 at 12:20:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #231 - 03/10/17 at 20:42:41

Hay check this out ...

One year we was up near Mt.Mitchell and one of us didn't have enough gas to run up to the top of Mitchell .  
So , we went down the next exit off the parkway ... to Marion to buy fuel.   That road was NC-80 ,   It is a SUPER ROAD !  
Now , it has its own NAME :

So , One-of-Our-Riders ... who likes to pass Hogs ...  Roll Eyes ... passed two of them on the way down the Mountain .  One of them was ridding double and seem ok with being "Over-taken"  ... The other was a solo rider on a Big High $$- HD Soft-tail who sped-up (as in "not to be passed by a Gremlin on a single cylinder Motorcycle ).  
I passed the Ridding double bike and waved at them friendly like then followed the Big $$ HD , till he swapped ends with it on one of the 145 deg. down-hill coves.   I might have stoped to help him but he was not very FRIENDLY-LOOKING and was shouting something at our guy he was trying to catch !  Tongue

It was a inside corner and there was a landing spot for the feller , And he did jump-right up (Screaming something ,kinda mad like)   Grin

Anyway , the speed limit is 55 mph on a Dragon type road ... Its a fun place to be !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #232 - 03/10/17 at 23:29:58

Well finally I can prove it wasn't me.

I went all the way to the top of Mount Mitchell with the group and it snowed on us while we were up there, and we all stopped and drank hot chocolate together.   MM still has his in his hand, as a matter of fact.   I even took a pic of the snow falling on the group at the elevation sign at Mount Mitchell.  

As that was the furthermost we were going to go on that road together, we split up at that point and then we rode home separately in two completely separate directions.

Crucial question becomes was I physically present whenever this poor benighted Hurley person dumped his bike on the ground?      

No, I wasn't there, now was I ???   I was all the way across the parking lot on foot when they departed, taking a photo of the group of Hurleys that were leaving -- a shot that btw includes my PARKED cold engine Granny sickle way on off to the right of the shot.

Well then, who was always present when the Hurley went down in all these cases ???

.....  MM

Roll Eyes

I think seeing a line of Savagers coming up behind them obviously planning to take turns passing these poor egotistical Hurley dudes might give them a case of temporary insanity, it makes them think they can mebbe go fast enough to keep from being passed when in fact they cannot even make it around the next turn.  

You see, I am always long long gone around the next set of curves by then and they have no delusions about being able even see me, much less catch up with me -- however they will apparently choose to commit Hurley Kury rather than let MM go past them.

Think on it a bit, why MM ????  

Rather than being sucked along by the instantaneous vacuum suction action of my going past them 5 minutes ago on a Savage running at full speed, they instead are being slowly mentally harassed and egotistically harried and psychologically pushed along by something  -- they are being mentally pushed along from behind into committing a foolish act of ritual motorcycle seppuku.

And what exactly do they think that might make them choose to NOT PERMIT MM go on past them???   He's riding on a Hurley just like theirs and they can ride as fast as any Hurley up there, right?   They know can't compete with specialty bikes like that snarling Granny sickle that just blew right on past them, but they will be switched if they will let a stock Hurley go on past them too.

« Last Edit: 03/13/17 at 10:05:14 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #233 - 03/11/17 at 04:39:45

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/10/17 at 11:08:26:

Went looking on the internet for multiple switchbacks ....

http://devilstriangletn.com/

Shame Lancer doesn't remember where that mountain blackline was ....  

We actually stayed on Hwy 80 near Little Switzerland once (foggy foggy night) and ran it like 6 times, nice, but it is not what we are trying to find again.   Hwy 32 was a better curvy road than that one anyway ....

In any case that blackline switchback was on the Blue Ridge Campground side of things when we found it, and this trip is on the Robbinsville side of things.   Different side of the up high world actually.

Sad thing is that road was paved only on one side right up to a state or a county line, so THAT gives us a clue where to look when we are over on Blue Ridge side again.

A nice road going up and then at the top the nice smooth pavement just stopped, then rocky dirt on the way down.  I remember that particular road. 😉

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #234 - 03/11/17 at 04:43:35

But where was it?   We were based out of Blue Ridge Campground and you spotted the road on the 3-D terrain map in the break room early that morning.

Now Lancer is somebody else who might remember some of these Hurley incidents and who was actually present when some of them occurred as he generally was #2 or #3 in riding order on the earlier trips.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #235 - 03/11/17 at 04:50:12

MMRanch wrote on 03/10/17 at 20:42:41:
Hay check this out ...

I passed the Ridding double bike and waved at them friendly like then followed the Big $$ HD , till he swapped ends with it on one of the 145 deg. down-hill coves.  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #236 - 03/11/17 at 05:11:25

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/11/17 at 04:43:35:

But where was it?   We were based out of Blue Ridge Campground and you spotted the road on the 3-D terrain map in the break room early that morning.

Now Lancer is somebody else who might remember some of these Hurley incidents and who was actually present when some of them occurred as he generally was #2 or #3 in riding order on the earlier trips.

I remember standing by the door and looking at that 3-D map on the wall, but did not remember being the one who suggested that road.
The brain seems to have a few holes in it.
Oh well.
What ya gonna do ?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #237 - 03/11/17 at 05:17:16

I remember we took the map off the wall and studied it carefully looking for the road a few years later, but some kids had rubbed the paint off of all the mountain tops so we couldn't find it although we looked for it specifically.

« Last Edit: 03/11/17 at 11:01:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #238 - 03/11/17 at 10:43:37

Huh

You might be " Right "  OldFeller , about me pushing the feller in front into the ditch ---  Embarrassed --- .  

I feel so GUILTY ...     Roll Eyes ...

Grin Grin Grin

I think the Driver is in charge of the throttle on the bike they are ridding .  Tongue     ,   but  hay -  what do I know ???

If we are "easing around" , this trip I can bring either bike !  Cool

--------------------------------------

Most of my CMA buds are "Truck-Drivers" , I suspect none of them will be joining us .    One of them might  ???  But it will be "The day before its time to leave" before he knows for sure ...  Huh

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #239 - 03/11/17 at 10:57:50

You do realize your "fast Harley" guy passed several of his own people to get in front of the porkchop pack, so he is at least as wrist guilty as any of us.

Wink       ..... passed his own people, who would DO a thing like that ? .....       Roll Eyes

That's fine if your CMA folks want to wait until the last minute, if we fill the cabin up before then we will know about it -- if not then any latecomers will have an upper bunk bed rack space still available.

Make sure your guys do know there is no bedding at all in these .gov cabins any more and they need an air mattress and at least a summer sleeping bag and a cuddly fleece blanket to stay warm.  

« Last Edit: 03/11/17 at 19:54:03 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 04:22:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.