ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: don is a wuss
Reply #60 - 02/06/16 at 22:52:34

raydawg wrote on 02/06/16 at 22:49:29:
Whoa there lil' buddy......
Meg musta jumped some dormant brain cells.
I agree and concur 100% with your statement  :

Take two aspirin,... and call me in the morning... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #61 - 02/07/16 at 06:57:21

We aren't a Democracy. The majority can't vote to eat your leg.
Nor can the State or any group DEMAND I participate in any religious activity that is against MY beliefs.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #62 - 02/07/16 at 07:21:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/07/16 at 06:57:21:
The majority can't vote to eat your leg.

Today,... I feel grateful.
Thanks for that... Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #63 - 02/07/16 at 07:45:12

The point, while possibly humorous, was really meant to get people to rethink what we are taught. Our talking heads and electeds are perpetually calling us a GREAT DEMOCRACY.
Horse CRAP.  We are a Republic. The People are the Sovereign.
The electeds are the equivalent of the hired help in a rich mans mansion. That's what it was meant to be. Ignorance of position and the concentration of power in D.C., folks.
If the kids on the football team want to kneel and pray before a game, thats their Right. If a quarterback throws a ball and it's caught and he believes Gods own hands put that ball in the receivers hands and he has a religious experience over it, no one can tell him not to. And if kids want to hand out Christmas cards at school, that is their RIGHT, as long as they do it when it isn't a disruption to the teachers teaching. Sa y, get there early, hand them out as kids filed in.   If someone doesn't want to receive it, they are within their Right to decline to so much as touch it, if it's offensive to them. If a Muslim busts out a prayer rug and starts chanting during class, well, that is not exactly conducive to the learning environment. I don't know what is appropriate there. It'll be interesting to see how it is dealt with as the numbers increase. Maybe at certain times they will each file quietly from their classes and meet in a room for their prayer time. I don't know how it is done now, where they are from.
And no, I don't have a problem with the idea of those people who believe what they believe having a place to do what they do in a school.
The SCHOOL can't tell anyone what they Must do, religiously, nor can the State. And, the First Amendment guarantees our Right to expression.
Bunches of Americans have no clue what we had, what we've seen diminished and what will soon be gone, unless we wake up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #64 - 02/07/16 at 07:56:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/07/16 at 07:45:12:
We are a Republic. The People are the Sovereign.

I don't understand where you get this...
How does a "Republic" make the people more "Sovereign" than a regular Democracy?...

A Republic is nothing more than a Representative Democracy.
This seems less democratic than a pure democracy, where every person would get one vote.

The Bill of Rights, exists to protect the rights of individuals against the will of the majority...
No laws can be made that infringe on them...
Thank God for that...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #65 - 02/07/16 at 08:12:54

Sometimes the C AND P function just don't play right, but you pretty much nailed it with the last paragraph.
https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsdem.htm

We aren't a monarchy, we have no King, well, that's debatable, but, according to the founders, we were Meant to be a Republic.
And back then, businessmen would go to D.C., often at the urging of the community, to SERVE, nobody Wanted to stay in D.C., being paid for sitting behind a desk and worrying about how to help America and Americans prosper wasn't fun. Eventually those attitudes changed. People learned how to make fortunes by being in office. What was prior to 1913 im not completely sure, but since? Everything that the Fed declared as their reason to exist, they have failed fully, wholly and miserably at.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 07:51:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › don is a wuss

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.