Send Topic Print
don is a wuss (Read 344 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: don is a wuss
Reply #45 - 02/05/16 at 21:29:59

Do you agree with the Constitution or not?
If you Say you do, then can you read it?
Would you PLEASE explain where the separation of church and state is and explain how it works?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #46 - 02/05/16 at 21:36:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/05/16 at 21:29:59:
Would you PLEASE explain where the separation of church and state is and explain how it works?

That would be the thousandth time...
Read it yourself...  and do it without Alex Jones, Noorey, or Beck, flapping their gums...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #47 - 02/05/16 at 21:40:21

I don't need their help.
The State can't tell me what to believe Nor tell me where I can express my beliefs.
I can pray in school. I , as a tax payer and owner of the school building, can put on a Christmas play.
You are not required to attend.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #48 - 02/05/16 at 21:52:57

In, the separation of church and state... you would separate them, on one side,... while leaving anyone else on the other?...
Surely, as the founders intended... Huh

I believe in the right of others to believe exactly as I do...    Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #49 - 02/06/16 at 12:52:54

What? Do you know the INTENT of the words?
The State can't initiate a religion or require you to participate in any religion.
They also can't tell you where or when you are able to express your beliefs.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #50 - 02/06/16 at 14:07:13

I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole of what the Founders intended except to mention that Christianity was more or less the status quo, even in that day. Getting away from the Church of England and its government-sanctioned (i.e. FORCED-- "my way or the stake-- [cough]--errr--highway") religion was the very reason for some of the most famous early migrations to the New World. It wasn't to get away from religion either, and not all of the groups learned their lesson about the government meddling with religion. In fact, the Puritans had their own form of government-mandated religion, and we all know what happened there.  Roll Eyes [cough] Salem [cough].

What is most important is our liberty. If the majority of residents in a small town are religious/conservative people, and they want a school Christmas play with their own tax dollars, why should the atheist minority care? Does it hurt them? Does it poison their children? Aren't atheists supposed to be the more learned, open-minded people? If a kid wants to read the Bible in class as opposed to any other form of distraction, why should anyone care? If a teacher decides to accommodate to the religious students by giving them a moment of silence, who cares? If we wish to say "under God" in the Pledge, then who cares? Does it really frustrate the atheists that much, especially if it's optional?

Be fair to people, let them practice their religion--or lack thereof-- in the most fair, respectful manner possible, even in the most public, tax funded of places and offices, and LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Maybe a better point to make is that people should practice not giving a rip either way.  Tongue

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #51 - 02/06/16 at 17:30:20

Serowbot wrote on 02/05/16 at 21:52:57:

Pardon my poor wording,.. I was rushed at the time...

Meaning to say...
I believe in the right of others to believe whatever they want,... as I do...

As far as the founders,.. many, if not a majority were deists... not Christians...
... and if you are okay with a Christmas play on taxpayer dollars... how about a Muslim, Jewish, Deist, or Buddhist play?...
Satanist?...
Mine would be Festivus... Grin
Realty, I could give a good god d@mn... Christmas is so far from being Christian it's a mockery...
Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #52 - 02/06/16 at 19:30:00

Who was what, what you are, none of it matters.
The points I've made are being ignored...
Or, maybe just not understood?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 02/06/16 at 21:15:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/06/16 at 19:30:00:
Or, maybe just not understood?

I'm guessing,... Huh?... Huh
I know,... despite our differences, we actually agree on this...
In fact,... I bet everyone here in the TT agrees on this...

I know this,.. because, in spite of my non-belief... I'm generally accepted here.  
Other than no one ever agreeing with anything I say... Grin

Regardless...   don, is still a wuss... Grin...
...(he's half a foot taller than me, and outweighs me by 100lbs (he lies)... and I'm still sure I could take him out in 5 seconds)...
... and I'm a wuss... Tongue

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #54 - 02/06/16 at 21:28:10

Don is a wuss, huh? Would you sit there with Fox News and take it, or would you tell them to screw themselves? Which is more cowardly, taking the abuse, or bucking the system? Which takes more balls?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #55 - 02/06/16 at 21:43:10

I'd jump across that table and bang Megyn 'till she sang opera!...

Sorry,.... Embarrassed  
Did I say that out loud?...  Undecided...

Joking, Dawg...
I have the greatest respect for Megyn's journalism...
Did I say that, out loud?... Lips Sealed...

...as an aside...(pun intended)...
Megyn is a beautiful woman,...(dumb as a turnip)...
... but, who ever made her pose like this?...
Looks like she's trying to force out a fart... Grin...

Honestly,.. she should sue for defamation...

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #56 - 02/06/16 at 21:50:59

Serowbot wrote on 02/06/16 at 17:30:20:
Serowbot wrote on 02/05/16 at 21:52:57:

Pardon my poor wording,.. I was rushed at the time...

Meaning to say...
I believe in the right of others to believe whatever they want,... as I do...

As far as the founders,.. many, if not a majority were deists... not Christians...
... and if you are okay with a Christmas play on taxpayer dollars... how about a Muslim, Jewish, Deist, or Buddhist play?...
Satanist?...

Mine would be Festivus... Grin
Realty, I could give a good god d@mn... Christmas is so far from being Christian it's a mockery...
Huh

Since you say that, I understand why there would be a problem. I would be concerned myself. If the school or other public setting consisted primarily of those other religions, it might work, but, in a conservative Christian community, a lot of people would be upset. They would be alarmed because they believe that their nation will receive the curse of God if it's not Christian, and they are afraid of the other religion potentially poisoning their children's minds. Religions tend to oppose each other you know. They are afraid of the spiritual significance of messing with other religions and want nothing to do with them. Some (perhaps not all) of these other religions feel the same way about Christianity. If it were a Muslim event in a conservative Christian community, there could be rioting in the streets. You know Islam gets a bad rap from those ISIS nuts--A lot of mistrust there--can you blame them?

And, as far as Satanists are concerned, who likes them anyway? They do follow Satan for crying out loud!  Grin Of course, if you don't give them what they want, they might cast a spell on you or worse.... Lips Sealed I won't say it... too nasty. Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #57 - 02/06/16 at 21:59:35

Oh...   well, I didn't mean it... Huh

... but,.. it wouldn't need elaboration...
Opera,.. is opera...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #58 - 02/06/16 at 22:41:44

cheapnewb24 wrote on 02/06/16 at 21:50:59:
I would be concerned myself. If the school or other public setting consisted primarily of those other religions, it might work, but, in a conservative Christian community, a lot of people would be upset. They would be alarmed because they believe that their nation will receive the curse of God if it's not Christian, and they are afraid of the other religion potentially poisoning their children's minds. Religions tend to oppose each other you know. They are afraid of the spiritual significance of messing with other religions and want nothing to do with them. Some (perhaps not all) of these other religions feel the same way about Christianity.

I believe, the purpose of separating church, from state,... is for the very reason you outline, above...
Not to protect the majority,... but the minority from persecution by the majority...

Imagine,... if you were in a state, or township, where the majority was Muslim... and wanted you to stop and kneel, 5 times a day,... or for your wife to wear a burka, ... or forbid you from having a plastic Jesus on your dashboard...
Whatever...  we just don't want any majority, of any influence of faith, dictating what we should do, believe, or bow to...

It protects your right, to be a weirdo, among the masses.

We're all a little weird,.. in one way or another... Huh

The separation,.. is to protect the minority, not the majority.
This is nature of all rights...
The Bill of Rights, protects individual freedoms over the rule of the majority...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #59 - 02/06/16 at 22:49:29

Serowbot wrote on 02/06/16 at 22:41:44:
cheapnewb24 wrote on 02/06/16 at 21:50:59:
I would be concerned myself. If the school or other public setting consisted primarily of those other religions, it might work, but, in a conservative Christian community, a lot of people would be upset. They would be alarmed because they believe that their nation will receive the curse of God if it's not Christian, and they are afraid of the other religion potentially poisoning their children's minds. Religions tend to oppose each other you know. They are afraid of the spiritual significance of messing with other religions and want nothing to do with them. Some (perhaps not all) of these other religions feel the same way about Christianity.

I believe, the purpose of separating church, from state,... is for the very reason you outline, above...
Not to protect the majority,... but the minority from persecution by the majority...

Imagine,... if you were in a state, or township, where the majority was Muslim... and wanted you to stop and kneel, 5 times a day,... or for your wife to wear a burka, ... or forbid you from having a plastic Jesus on your dashboard...
Whatever...  we just don't want any majority, of any influence of faith, dictating what we should do, believe, or bow to...

The separation,.. is to protect the minority, not the majority.
This is nature of all rights...
The Bill of Rights, protects individual freedoms over the rule of the majority...

Whoa there lil' buddy......
Meg musta jumped some dormant brain cells.
I agree and concur 100% with your statement  Cheesy

Edit: BTW, if it is prepared proper, turnips are good to eat, YUM  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 03:07:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › don is a wuss

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.