Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Science?
Reply #15 - 01/14/16 at 07:01:07

Here's another take on it. Science supports evolution which is contary to just about all religious teachings. By discrediting any form of science the reglious nuts support thier flat earth, master creator BS insanity. JMHO It's become a knee jerk reaction on this board. Sad

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 01/14/16 at 08:20:17

I can't believe I didn't say that... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 01/14/16 at 09:01:43

Ed L. wrote on 01/14/16 at 07:01:07:
Here's another take on it. Science supports evolution which is contary to just about all religious teachings. By discrediting any form of science the reglious nuts support thier flat earth, master creator BS insanity. JMHO It's become a knee jerk reaction on this board. Sad

Yes, and that is why we have a separation clause, but GW is forced upon all, or else, as fact  Shocked

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 01/14/16 at 09:18:03

WebsterMark wrote on 01/13/16 at 19:14:11:
That's the problem...
Real science is perceived as Left, because the Left bases it's assumptions on the scientific consensus... 97%...
I suppose a middle ground would have to give equal weight to the remaining 3%...
97% = 3%...
This is an absurd middle ground... Roll Eyes

A "middle" ground would be half science, half horseshit... Grin

Here's one of the chief problems: there has never been a 97% consensus. That's like saying 10% of the population is gay. Not true, never was, but most think it's is. The left lies about science far more than the right.

Left Logic: It has already been proven that 97% of climate scientists have written a paper on climate change.
And since they've written a paper on climate change, they must have the opinion that it's a man-made change.

If you pay the left enough, they'll have any opinion you want.

« Last Edit: 01/14/16 at 13:09:15 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/14/16 at 10:33:29

Ed L. wrote on 01/14/16 at 07:01:07:

and you make exactly my point: because of your anti-religious bigotry, you put anyone who might question certain science theory into the box labeled nut job.

there are thousands of scientist who would say science does not completely support evolutionary theory.  in fact intelligent design is gaining ground as a theory that answers some questions current evolutionary theory does not.

by simply suggesting that intelligent design is a theory that should be looked at more closely, you will put me into your nut job box. By suggesting global warming theory has not proceeded in the manner suggested 20 to 25 years ago, I am also in the nut job box.

that is science by consensus. And in our world today, that is science by politically correct consensus. just try being in a position of power or authority and proposing the idea that there's a difference between male and females or there's a difference between the races. See how quickly your balls get hacked off.

presumably, you would have fed Galileo his poison  because he went against the accepted  position at the time so was labeled a nut job. Congratulations!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #20 - 01/14/16 at 11:23:44

Ah another knee jerk response putting me in the anti-religious bigot slot instead of admitting that religion although a wonderful force for good has also been one of the bags of cement that has dragged science and human advancement down over the centuries.
Maybe I'm a bigot but it's only due to my own experences with religion. I watched my older brother die from cancer during which the church he was a member of would send members in not only to pray for him but also have him give that church thousands of dollars to be saved. They were milking my brother for every cent they could while he was on his death bead with brain cancer. As he died a member of that church had the balls to tell me that my brother wasn't pious enough and didn't believe enough which is why he died. I've posted this before and have had other dealings with religious groups that make me wonder WTF.
 If that is what religion is all about then count me out, I'll enjoy the wonders of nature and science.
 The entire intelligent design arguement is just a smoke screen to cast doubt on the science of evolution. The PC crowd won't allow the term "Evolution" to be used in most schools. That same tatic has been done by big busness with tobacco causing cancer, high frutose corn syrup being bad for you, fracking doesn't harm the enviroment, the list is endless. If you don't believe that this tatic is common in everything that is fed us today I wont be able to convince you otherwise.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 01/14/16 at 11:29:51

WebsterMark wrote on 01/14/16 at 10:33:29:
presumably, you would have fed Galileo his poison  because he went against the accepted  position at the time so was labeled a nut job. Congratulations!

The consensus of the time, was religious dogma...
Do you see the irony?... Huh

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #22 - 01/14/16 at 11:52:07

Serowbot wrote on 01/14/16 at 11:29:51:
WebsterMark wrote on 01/14/16 at 10:33:29:

The consensus of the time, was religious dogma...
Do you see the irony?... Huh

Kinda like the consensus about Anthropogenic Global Warming is today's liberal religious dogma.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 01/14/16 at 12:13:24

Ed L. wrote on 01/14/16 at 11:23:44:
Ah another knee jerk response putting me in the anti-religious bigot slot instead of admitting that religion although a wonderful force for good has also been one of the bags of cement that has dragged science and human advancement down over the centuries.
Maybe I'm a bigot but it's only due to my own experences with religion. I watched my older brother die from cancer during which the church he was a member of would send members in not only to pray for him but also have him give that church thousands of dollars to be saved. They were milking my brother for every cent they could while he was on his death bead with brain cancer. As he died a member of that church had the balls to tell me that my brother wasn't pious enough and didn't believe enough which is why he died. I've posted this before and have had other dealings with religious groups that make me wonder WTF.
 If that is what religion is all about then count me out, I'll enjoy the wonders of nature and science.
 The entire intelligent design arguement is just a smoke screen to cast doubt on the science of evolution. The PC crowd won't allow the term "Evolution" to be used in most schools. That same tatic has been done by big busness with tobacco causing cancer, high frutose corn syrup being bad for you, fracking doesn't harm the enviroment, the list is endless. If you don't believe that this tatic is common in everything that is fed us today I wont be able to convince you otherwise.

Did you just miss, or ignore, my reference to separation?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/14/16 at 13:11:11

No, it’s not what it’s all about. I’m sorry about your experience, but if you’re judging all religion on a bunch of a$$holes and the way they treated your brother, you’re being foolish. By that logic, the guy who turns racist because of his experience with one black man must be your soulmate or something…..

The flip side of your experience is I’ve seen religious people make enormous personal sacrifices that go mostly unheralded. Even still, I don’t assume everyone who claims they are religious to be honest and you shouldn’t assume everyone in organized religion is a thief, selfish or whatever.  

The entire intelligent design arguement is just a smoke screen to cast doubt on the science of evolution.

You are simply wrong. Again, your anti religion bias is narrowing your field of vision. Honestly, what the hell do you know about intelligent design? Without looking it up, what is the science behind intelligent design?

The PC crowd won't allow the term "Evolution" to be used in most schools.
Oh, that is just 100% BS! Big time BS flag there! You’ve got to be living on another planet or something…

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 01/14/16 at 16:51:09

[quote author=17292824362A2B450 link=1452709174/15#22 date=1452801127]Serowbot wrote on 01/14/16 at 11:29:51:
Kinda like the consensus about Anthropogenic Global Warming is today's liberal religious dogma.

By "liberal religious dogma", I assume you mean accepted science?...

Cristian America thinking is running behind the Vatican. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #26 - 01/14/16 at 17:17:35

Serowbot wrote on 01/14/16 at 16:51:09:
Cristian America thinking is running behind the Vatican. Roll Eyes

I am not a devout religious person; however, I see an inconsistency in your logic.  For an atheist or perhaps agnostic, why do you only criticize Christians?  

Perhaps you have just disdain for Christians as oppose to religion....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #27 - 01/14/16 at 17:43:04

Quote:
By "liberal religious dogma", I assume you mean accepted science?...

I mean the bogus  "science" that liberals accept as gospel. AGW.

Quote:
Christian America thinking is running behind the Vatican.

The Vatican - or at least the Pope, wholeheartedly believes that AGW is real.

What exactly is "Christian America Thinking" and what does it have to do with the evidence or lack of evidence regarding AGW.?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 01/14/16 at 21:38:12

pg wrote on 01/14/16 at 17:17:35:
I am not a devout religious person; however, I see an inconsistency in your logic.  For an atheist or perhaps agnostic, why do you only criticize Christians?  

Perhaps you have just disdain for Christians as oppose to religion....

Best regards,

If I were in Iran,  or China, it might be different...
... being in the USofA, the influence of the ridiculous is Christian...

BTW... God is regional...  what you believe, is 99% location, location, location...
The cure is education....
God is nothing more than a political manipulation of myths...
All gods are nothing but a manipulation of myths...

You really shouldn't ask me these things...
If I don't answer, I'm accused of weakness... if I answer, I can only hurt your fragile reality...

Why do these questions trigger so much animosity?...
I know why...
I know,.. that deep down, we all know that what we fear is real.  
A minority of us face this square in the face...  the rest are clinging to a fairy tale.

If you can hold on to that,.. then do so...
..but don't challenge  me... it cannot help your quest.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 01/14/16 at 22:03:39

Yeah......

Don't extend to yourself, what bot extends to himself  Roll Eyes

Animosity, that is ripe.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 21:47:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Science?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.