Send Topic Print
Science? (Read 252 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Science?
01/13/16 at 10:19:34

http://www.cato.org/publications/working-paper/climate-models-climate-reality...

Is CATO good enough? When will the lack of realizations of the hysterical warnings of dire consequences reach the minds of those alarmists?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Science?
Reply #1 - 01/13/16 at 10:34:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/13/16 at 10:19:34:
Is CATO good enough?

No...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 01/13/16 at 11:18:46

Why not.?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 01/13/16 at 12:11:59

You expect good science from a Right Wing think tank?... Undecided

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 01/13/16 at 15:52:20

Serowbot wrote on 01/13/16 at 12:11:59:
You expect good science from a Right Wing think tank?... Undecided

What do you feel would be acceptable middle ground so to speak?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 01/13/16 at 16:15:39

That's the problem...
Real science is perceived as Left, because the Left bases it's assumptions on the scientific consensus... 97%...
I suppose a middle ground would have to give equal weight to the remaining 3%...
97% = 3%...
This is an absurd middle ground... Roll Eyes

A "middle" ground would be half science, half horseshit... Grin

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 01/13/16 at 16:38:59

Quote:
 the Left bases it's assumptions on the scientific consensus..

If science had anything to do with "consensus" the earth would still be flat.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 01/13/16 at 17:03:31

Yeah, right... Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 01/13/16 at 19:08:18

aving observed that global temperatures since the turn of the millennium have not gone up in the way computer-based climate models predicted, Lovelock acknowledged, “the problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago.” Now, Lovelock has given a follow-up interview to the UK’s Guardian newspaper in which he delivers more bombshells sure to anger the global green movement, which for years worshipped his Gaia theory and apocalyptic predictions that billions would die from man-made climate change by the end of this century.

http://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/father-of-global-warming-changes-his-mind-...

Just as some dismiss sources because they don't trust their motives, believing that they are entrenched in the greedy, right wing criminal element so clearly running things, I don't trust this bunch of scientists who have signed onto the idea that the human race is responsible for a Significant Amount of the change. Really? What percentage IS a Significant Amount?
Why have the computer models so utterly failed? Just exactly HOW does one take the temperature on a rooftop and then Adjust it to compensate for the location? Why stop using weather stations in remote locations? Why place them where they can't possibly report useful data? Unless you Want to see increase.

We were told that hurricanes would increase in number and severity. Not only did that Not Happen, they decreased.
Ice would be gone from the Arctic by 2012. And yet, I am aware of two rescue missions sent to save researchers trapped by ice.

Is there change? Yep, and we are responsible for some of it. But, if CO2 is the bad guy, then we need to plug volcanoes.
CO2 is pumped into hothouses because if they don't, the plants can't thrive.

NAFTA and all the other deals that shipped jobs away? They got shipped to places where regulations that force manufacturers to clean up the discharges don't exist, so, we crapped on America And the world, all in one swell foop.

This issue is just being used as a political football. Al Gore got his movie banned in some places, because the claims are so clearly bogus.

If they honestly want to be taken seriously they need to gather Honest Data, and this time, don't destroy the raw data used to create the basis for a conclusion. While I can See data collection from locations that are nonsensical, I can not be convinced that WE are such a threat.

This truly is a Global Issue, or it is Not. If it is true, then Americans paying a Carbon Tax will not make a dent in it. Yet, that is all I really see the politicians wanting.
Why am I not hearing Fat Al praising the science of Rossi and the hope for the world that That technology is?

Blood and Gore, check it out. A scheme to buy and sell Carbon Offset privileges. Imagine buying a license to throw out the trash on the side of the road.

When I start seeing money making schemes tied to legislation I become skeptical. Couple that with the lack of warnings about how many bad things would come coming true? Pardon my skepticism.

The notion that the right wing is somehow more greedy and willing to engage in corruption to get ahead is ridiculous.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 01/13/16 at 19:14:11

That's the problem...
Real science is perceived as Left, because the Left bases it's assumptions on the scientific consensus... 97%...
I suppose a middle ground would have to give equal weight to the remaining 3%...
97% = 3%...
This is an absurd middle ground... Roll Eyes

A "middle" ground would be half science, half horseshit... Grin

Here's one of the chief problems: there has never been a 97% consensus. That's like saying 10% of the population is gay. Not true, never was, but most think it's is. The left lies about science far more than the right.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 01/13/16 at 19:25:39

I feel.....

Therefor.....

I am.

Right.

Heard a good one the other day, s'pose to be an oldie, but I never heard it.
It goes, you can't win an argument with an idiot, they have way more experience  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 01/13/16 at 21:37:33

I don't see anyone who is pretending that they are right without believing that they have evidence to support their position.
I'm just trying to get people to look at the predictions made years ago and looking at the observed reality.
The PDF that loads is just about eleven pages, plenty of information. Read it, look at the charts, think.
The climate has Not done what they warned us about.
Why not.?
Why continue to embrace what has been demonstrably incorrect?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 01/13/16 at 21:59:51

"If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes." - Twain

If you live on a coast,... consider a move... Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 01/13/16 at 22:09:36

e climate has Not done what they warned us about.
Why not.?

Has anyone SEEN the increased number of hurricanes?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 01/14/16 at 06:42:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/13/16 at 22:09:36:
e climate has Not done what they warned us about.
Why not.?

Has anyone SEEN the increased number of hurricanes?

Exactly correct Jog.

Nothing predicted, absolutely nothing, has come to pass.

So you have to ask, how is it that our friend Sew here as well as others, continue to dump sand on their heads?

Sorry Jog but here's where we split: it's not a conspiracy in the sense you think of conspiracy. It's a conspiracy of group-think that pays societal and financial benefits. The idea the opposition to global warming is funded by 'big oil' is laughable. Global warming is a ticket to tenure, grants, funding, and just as important, membership in the 'club'. Find out what happens to the thousands of scientist (yes, thousands) who dare speak even a word of opposition. The global warming community of scientist is self perpetuating. If everyone actually re-evaluated their positions based on actual data, they'd come back with the conclusion that global warming, while it exist, is tiny for the most part, insignificant. If that happened, billions of dollars and the camaraderie all these scientist live with would disappear. The last conference in Paris brought 40,000 together. 40,000! And that's just the official scientist. That doesn't include all the side show business's that survive on the continued existence of global warming.

Sew and company don't want to stand out by looking like the odd ball so they go along with the group. They think "If Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie say its so, who am I to dispute that?..."
The world might be gone in 100 years of something, but it won't be because of sea level's rising the thickness of a dime or the average temp climbing a fraction of a degree.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 20:52:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Science?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.