Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A "Fantasy;" Obama Won't Say "Islamic Terror" (Read 52 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
A "Fantasy;" Obama Won't Say "Islamic Terror"
01/16/16 at 18:46:21

Maher: Idea That Syrian Refugees Will Come To America And Fit In Is A "Fantasy;" Obama Won't Say "Islamic Terror"
Posted on January 16, 2016

Bill Maher criticizes proponents of allowing Syrian refugees to seek asylum in the United States and Europe on his HBO show Real Time. Maher returned Friday night after a 2 month hiatus. Cornel West, a guest on his panel, and Maher sparred over the threat with West saying the refugees only represent a 'slice' of Muslims in Europe.

Maher said he was opposed to Syrian refugees leaving the region since the beginning and believes "a lot of people are coming around to that position."

When Maher was accused of "indicting" all Muslims as not "peace loving," he responded the problem isn't him indicting some Muslims, it's that no one is indicting any Muslims.

Maher, talking about Trump's ban on Muslim immigrants, acknowledged "this is the one issue that Democrats are going to lose the election on." Maher criticized Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton and President Obama for not being able to say "Islamic terrorism."

BILL MAHER: I have to say this is a problem with American thinking, on both sides. It's noble that [Ambassador Christopher Stevens] didn't want a lot of people there because, 'Hi, I'm an American, I'm your friend.' But, insisting that people around the world who are not like us are going to be like us -- this was Bush's mistake in Iraq. Was it not?

'They want freedom.' Well, freedom may not be on the top of their list of what they really want. And I think we saw this recently in Cologne, Germany. When all of the Syrian refugees were going to Europe I wasn't for it. And I think a lot of people are coming around to that position...

If people don't know what happened New Year's Eve in Cologne, Germany, and a number of other cities in Europe, some of these refugees, some of these Muslim men -- and of course we're talking about people who come from very misogynistic cultures. Their cultures are not like ours.

I don't understand why liberals don't stand up for liberal values...

It's not a criminal element unless you are willing to indict the entire society as criminals. There is polling on this. A great many Muslims around the world are for Sharia law. You know what is in Sharia laws. Cutting off the hands for thievery. Putting women to death for adultery. Putting people to death for leaving their religion. Women are not equal citizens. These are not criminal activities in Muslim society, these are activities.

So the idea that when Syrian refugees come to European countries or to America that they are going to completely fit in is a fantasy.

I reckon those who see Jesus as a fantasy can readily see this fantasy too, yes?  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: A "Fantasy;" Obama Won't Say "Islamic Terror"
Reply #1 - 01/17/16 at 00:37:43

After seeing stupidity made a cause celeb in policy for decades, I can't imagine NOT bringing them in. I pick
Worst case scenario
And figure on
That's gonna be policy.

As little as I find to agree with that Bill says, he's right on this.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 01/17/16 at 07:44:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/17/16 at 00:37:43:
After seeing stupidity made a cause celeb in policy for decades, I can't imagine NOT bringing them in. I pick
Worst case scenario
And figure on
That's gonna be policy.

As little as I find to agree with that Bill says, he's right on this.

As he states these people should stay where they are......
I asked that question here, and elsewhere, and I never get a reply as to why we don't help them fix the problems in their own native lands so they can stay????
Seems a logical and best case scenario for all, yes?

The libs are like crickets on the matter, why?

Is it because it would take troops on the ground, most likely?

If yes, I can share that concern, BUT, what is the alternative, to pretend it will all go away if we ignore them?

As ugly as it would be, I believe this option is the only one that can cut away this cancer. I don't for a second think its a cure.....
But the current way of doing things has been an abject failure.

Obama tried a different method, nothing wrong with that, only that for some reason this guy can't never admit he was wrong, sad.
A perfect example of his mindset and ego was the last election.....
He stated he was on every ballot, his ideas, etc, and people should vote to empower his polices over opposition....
After the results, it wasn't him or his polices that lost.....
according to him.

I think a global coalition is coming into view on dealing with these Islamic Terrorist. These terrorist have shown no border is safe, nor exempt.
We can share this common responsibility to root out these barbarians and assign the need to decimate on that merit, not on politicizing its about cheap oil.  

That is a man beyond reasoning.    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 01/17/16 at 16:35:47

Are you seriously unaware of the role we have played in creating the problem?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 01/17/16 at 17:07:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/17/16 at 16:35:47:
Are you seriously unaware of the role we have played in creating the problem?

Yes and no......

I won't pretend I am privy to all the nuances that have led to this current condition, but yes, I know this area has been unstable for generations, and I know that well intentions often are not accepted as such.....

JOG, I am not sure a real sustainable solution even exist, but can we ignore it?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: A "Fantasy;" Obama Won't Say
Reply #5 - 01/17/16 at 17:25:07

We not only Won't ignore it, but we will do the stupidest possible thing and pretend it's an answer. We will pay to import them. They are mad at us. Look at what they are doing in Europe.
There Has to be somewhere else. How many more unemployed do we really need? Are they blending in over there? Have we Seen anything that Might make us question the wisdom of bringing healthy, military age , men, into our lives?
I'll say it again.

The powers that be Need a societal problem Before the economy crashes, so they have something to blame it on AND I suspect that they will, before they can
Keep us Safe
they will, naturally, first, need to disarm everyone.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Remember a guy shooting a cop in the arm three times?
Early reports, admission, did it in the name of Allah.
Media retraction two days later.

San Bernardino ring a ny bells?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: A "Fantasy;" Obama Won't Say
Reply #6 - 01/17/16 at 18:07:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/17/16 at 17:25:07:
The powers that be Need a societal problem Before the economy crashes, so they have something to blame it on AND I suspect that they will, before they can
Keep us Safe
they will, naturally, first, need to disarm everyone.

I hear that mentioned from time to time and I think how many more problems do can our society tolerate?  Everyone is a persecuted special interest group, the dollar isn't worth crap, you can get sued for not baking a cake, 100 million people aren't working, and even walmart is laying off now....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 13:57:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › A "Fantasy;" Obama Won't Say "Islamic Terror"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.