Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Prostitution should be legal. (Read 682 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Prostitution should be legal.
Reply #75 - 01/01/16 at 12:04:50

Wow, Row nailed it. Understanding freedom.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #76 - 01/01/16 at 12:14:14

bot, can you show me where a pro-choice candidate in the democrat party, that is accepted by the party and given equal time to share their position/beliefs on abortion?

Is it pro choice or pro abortion?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #77 - 01/01/16 at 12:34:56

Mark, have you ever considered the possibility that sometimes banning morally questionable things, practically speaking, makes things worse cough: Prohibition :cough. Do you prefer people drinking booze, or people fighting and killing each other for it? Do you prefer for johns to go to the dangerous underground for their fix or to do it legally?

Electricity and fluids travel the path of least resistance. People are similar. Put the squeeze on them, and something's gonna give.

It's a little like grounding your electrical system well, or putting in safety valves on your boiler, water heater, hydraulic system, or air compressor.

In another example, it's like herding livestock. You might put them in a field that might be less than ideal, to keep them from jumping the fence.

Would you rather the bull screw your own cows (when you don't want calves), or would you prefer that he jump the fence and run uncontrolled through the neighborhood screwing all the neighbor's cows. Shocked --At night, when you're on vacation Shocked. Then somebody gets tired of it and shoots him. Sad

Really, if you object to such things, keep in mind that the only real way for you to stop this sort of thing effectively is... well... NOTHING-- in a sense. People have to change their hearts. You can preach to them, but only they can make the change. You can do it militaristically, but, like ISIS, Mao, Stalin, and Pol Pot, how many people are you willing to kill or put under subjection to get your way? Yeah, I'm talking a bit extreme here, but you get the picture. Only when each person, on an individual level, thoroughly makes up their own hearts and minds not to take part in such things, will there be no problem.

Would you rather everything be legal, and people feel free to be immoral if they wish-- safely and peacefully, or would you prefer everything being illegal and people rebelling and going underground where people get hurt?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #78 - 01/01/16 at 13:29:33

raydawg wrote on 01/01/16 at 12:14:14:
bot, can you show me where a pro-choice candidate in the democrat party, that is accepted by the party and given equal time to share their position/beliefs on abortion?

Hate to be a grammar Nazi,... but that sentence is unintelligible, and incomplete...
I have no idea what you are asking...

Besides that... Roll Eyes
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/01/16 at 12:04:50:

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #79 - 01/01/16 at 13:43:22

Serowbot wrote on 01/01/16 at 10:55:38:
raydawg wrote on 01/01/16 at 10:31:42:
Bot, I think you are reading Jogs original question wrong.
To me I read it as a "why is the left ok with the "it's a woman's body" argument ( which on its own is weak )  but ask why its not extended to the pro prostitution stance, removing women from the stigma of, and penalties  that befall them? 

I reread it...
No mention of the "Left"... no mention of "it's a woman's body"...
Simply,.. he's for it on Libertarian grounds... and most civilized countries are for it... (an unusual justification for JOG)...

(these same countries are anti gun, pro choice, and have a Nationalized health system)...

Beats me,... but I don't see a political differential in the OP question...
... on the issue itself... you are barking up the wrong tree...

Yep, I re-read it and I can't see where that all came from in JoG's original question.

I sympathize with JoG's frustration (having asked a simple question), and I applaud 'Bot's diplomacy.

Can I ask what peoples' personal experience with prostitutes is?
If or how many they know, if they were ever a client, etc.
That would be interesting.  Smiley

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #80 - 01/01/16 at 15:19:50

Jog said:

If it's Her body and she has the right to kill what is growing in her, then she SURELY has the right to rent it out.
Actually, I support the legality of prostitution even IF abortion were, as I believe, should be illegal.
Yes, it's just a different kind of work. I've rented myself out to many employers to accomplish many types of end goals.
I certainly can't see how a society that embraces abortion and legalizes same sex marriage can get on a soapbox and decry it as immoral.

By his statement above, I inferred, since he declared his opposition to abortion, that he was talking about democrats, who readily agree to its practice and funding.....  

My bad I reckon....   Grin

Now jog, why on the one hand you celebrate the freedom of the constitution, then state you are against abortion?
Doesn't the same reasoning of freedom extend that same argument?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #81 - 01/01/16 at 15:51:41

Serowbot wrote on 01/01/16 at 13:29:33:
raydawg wrote on 01/01/16 at 12:14:14:

Hate to be a grammar Nazi,... but that sentence is unintelligible, and incomplete...
I have no idea what you are asking...

Besides that... Roll Eyes
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/01/16 at 12:04:50:

Great, while you nailing it, explain to him how the twin towers fell on 911.
If you can do that then I will get on my hands and knees and bow to you  Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #82 - 01/01/16 at 16:20:19

I got this...

They fell,... ...down... Wink

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #83 - 01/01/16 at 16:48:07

JOG: Prostitution,  Legal or not?

It is  a very complicated question and has many variables, and diapers. (Depends)

But if only two answers available, Legal.

Reasoning:   It is already happening.  The Most money is made by Pimps, not Hookers.  No taxes are being paid on that money. The practice, is more, ‘crime’ ridden than most other, ‘businesses’.

Now look at, ‘Drugs’. At one time,  Heroin, Opium, Marijuana, etc were, legal!  A person could also get Poisons over the counter. In fact, deadly ‘poisons’, (of today), were once Prescribed by Doctors !   (Just run down to the local drug store, buy some powered Arsenic,  tell them you have a rat problem, sprinkle some on a donut, give it to you spouse, and when the the police come,  say, ‘Gee I don’t Know what happened, I just gave, him/her a Donut’)  Of course not  possible today, with the advance in Sciences.
Then, they were, Illegal.   Who profited? People who don’t pay taxes on those profits. Crime. And all sorts of NEW, ‘designer’ drugs came about. (What if, drugs were, legal,  would the crime associated with that, ’trade’ dry up) ?

Now to learn:  Booze, was legal. Their were some problems.  Then it became, Illegal then their were more problems. (More Crime).  Then it became Legal again, and less problems.  Can we learn?

So with Prostitution.  Would making it, Legal, make at, ‘acceptable’ ?   Would their be, More, “Pretty Woman”, type Hookers. or less. Would their be less, Crime, and exploited, women/men associated with it, (I think yes).   Would the guberment, with new rules and regulation and licensing,  take FAR much more, than necessary?  (I believe yes)   But, it is worth a try.  Just like, ‘legal’ drugs.

But, as in the case of, Prostitution, It, CAN, be legal, in a heartbeat. Anywhere in Any State/County !  No one, (State) has done in yet. outside of one.

So Many, ‘Depends’.

Their needs to be a Woman’s view on this Subject.    I know many Women, on this list, read this, ‘forum’, but don’t comment, because their are afraid, of not, Manually, correcting, the, ‘Auto-Correct’, spelling of their post. And, (Heavens Forbid), if they put a, ‘comma’, in the wrong place.  (according to some).

I say to the Women on this list: ‘Do NOT be afraid to state your views, State them, and Ignore the grammar/spelling, comments”.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #84 - 01/01/16 at 16:57:19

MnSpring wrote on 01/01/16 at 16:48:07:
 I know many Women, on this list, read this, ‘forum’, but don’t comment, because their are afraid, of not, Manually, correcting, the, ‘Auto-Correct’, spelling of their post.

Shocked

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #85 - 01/01/16 at 18:47:06

At least fifty per cent of the commercial heterosexual sex industry would collapse overnight if married or partnered men didn't use it. Why do they find it necessary to use it? This would happen whether the industry was decriminalised, as is mainly the case in New Zealand, or whether brothel keeping was still illegal.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #86 - 01/01/16 at 21:43:31

Even steak with lobster gets old eventually... Lips Sealed

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #87 - 01/02/16 at 05:39:45

HovisPresley wrote on 01/01/16 at 16:57:19:
 I know many Women, on this list, read this, ‘forum’, but don’t comment, because their are afraid, of not, Manually, correcting, the, ‘Auto-Correct’, spelling of their post.

Shocked

Yea I'm with Grammar Nazi on this one. I'm throwing a BS flag. You're gonna have to show me the replay on that alllegation. "Many women" means 4 or 5 at least. Nazi hasn't been around long and there were no women before.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #88 - 01/02/16 at 07:21:03

WebsterMark wrote on 01/02/16 at 05:39:45:
HovisPresley wrote on 01/01/16 at 16:57:19:

Shocked

Yea I'm with Grammar Nazi on this one. I'm throwing a BS flag. You're gonna have to show me the replay on that alllegation. "Many women" means 4 or 5 at least. Nazi hasn't been around long and there were no women before.

Well maybe this should tell us something guys......
Ya know, its not like its as easy for them to pizz into the wind like us'ns  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #89 - 01/02/16 at 12:01:10

I didn't see any
Why Not
That had any merit. I don't see how anyone could oppose it, if we just look at party position.
Left says
It's her body.
Right says
Ohh boy, more money earned to tax, more regulations to enforce.
Libertarians, no problem.

The argument that
Well, ugly nasty skanky whores will be trying to sell me something.

Well, that happens now.
It could get ugly.
What a gutless approach to liberty.
Life IS ugly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 16:30:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Prostitution should be legal.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.