thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
gun controll again
01/04/16 at 22:18:19

why should an on line or show seller of firearms be able to supercede background checks??

I want a tank  no
I want a 8" nuclear capable  self propelled howitzer with ammo
then ill be safe

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: gun controll again
Reply #1 - 01/05/16 at 04:23:19

I am trying to find out the truth on this matter, and as far as I can tell, currently their already is a 3 day waiting period to run a check by the federal government. I guess the loop hole is if they can't perform that check in 3 days then the sale goes forward. If that is the case why not put into place the ability to use the current law by adding the manpower, or whatever resources are needed to accomplish what they agreed to in the beginning?

Can you really buy a nuke tank on line, wow.....
Why isn't Obama addressing that?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/05/16 at 06:37:21

I read through Hopey's 10 Commandments of Gun Control he's implementing with a wave of his wand, but the question I have that I've not seen any research that says guns purchased at gun shows are used in 'X' number of crimes.

I'm in sales, I sell technical products. Before a customer invest money for technology they need to know what will be the likely before and after results. How many murders are committed by guns sold at gun shows under this ambiguous gun show loophold? There's a quote by Chris Murphy, D-Conn today saying 'By forcing more dealers at gun shows to run background checks, they will be less criminals that buy guns and less illegal guns on the streets of America." Where the evidence to back that up?

My company publishes test data on the performance characteristics of all our products.  Many of our competitors do not. They know if the numbers are easily stacked up side by side, they'll lose. So they use very clever marketing phrases to jump over the hard data and appeal to the buying side of the brain by other avenues. I don't blame them, what else are they gonna do?!

It seems to me Hopey's doing the same thing. Using executive orders to propose gun law changes in response to mass shootings when the changes he is proposing would have had no effect tells me this is strickly a political, middle finger to the Republicans.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 01/05/16 at 07:58:19

My guess is...
There's a lot of private or small dealer sales going on (but there's no data)
There's a lot of gun death's in Chicago (something like 3000 in the past year)
And Hopey might want to put his library there without the armor plating on the outside.

WWW   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/05/16 at 09:17:22

I bought a gun at a show once.

I said "That one, please."
The dealer said "I need to see your credit card, permit and driver's license. We have some chairs over here if you want to sit while I call this in."

As he called the, then, DPS (now DESPP), so they could verify the validity of my pistol permit and authenticity of my person, I filled out a 4473 "Firearms Transaction Record I - Over the Counter" and 4 copies of the DPS-3-c (One copy each for the buyer, seller, Feds, and state).

DPS verified who I was. We got an authorization number for the transfer. All information was recorded. We dotted our "T's" and crossed our "I's". My credit card was swiped. I took my purchase and left the show.

I really don't know what this gun show loop is.

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 01/05/16 at 10:56:42

Why don't they do a planned parenthood type sting at these gun shows to show folk how you can just buy and take and no check, etc?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/05/16 at 11:04:57

raydawg wrote on 01/05/16 at 10:56:42:
Why don't they do a planned parenthood type sting at these gun shows to show folk how you can just buy and take and no check, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg5tQnYdZbQ

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 01/05/16 at 11:22:18

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 01/05/16 at 13:52:05

Ive done deals at gun shows. Went just like the store and pawn shop. Hysteria is the product on sale. Stolen cars get bought. It's illegal. Bad People get guns. Bad People sell guns.
Guns are neither good nor bad, it's all about the people With the gun.
Being defenseless to make some feel better is just STUPID.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/05/16 at 18:08:06

only if they do a forced watching of real people dying from a gun shot wound

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 01/05/16 at 19:23:13

Thats hilarious. The brainwashing is nearly complete.
Everybody knows that anyone who buys a gun that doesn't have a paper trail they're gonna kill people.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #11 - 01/05/16 at 19:24:30

The whole thing is a political ploy to assuage to Politically Correct "hand wringers" that he is doing something to save them from the evil unwashed masses threating their gated communities.     Shocked  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 01/06/16 at 04:48:55

LostArtist wrote on 01/05/16 at 18:08:06:

only if they do a forced watching of real people dying from a gun shot wound

Oh, you mean like set through a movie made by Hollywood?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 21:25:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › gun controll again

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.