Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Prostitution should be legal. (Read 682 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Prostitution should be legal.
Reply #105 - 01/05/16 at 08:56:02

Meh, them things are too expensive. Tongue How much do you pay for those little bitty cartridges? We've been using the stovetop percolator since our last machine broke. Now that's Cheap!  Grin Wink

Nope, see above. You can buy a refillable packet and trick the machine into thinking it's one of theirs. You then fill it with folgers or whatever brand you want. We actually use less coffee now because before we made a full pot in the morning and didn't always drink it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #106 - 01/05/16 at 08:59:18

cheapnewb24 wrote on 01/05/16 at 08:16:07:
WebsterMark wrote on 01/05/16 at 06:50:35:
Cheap wrote: Mark, have you ever considered the possibility that sometimes banning morally questionable things, practically speaking, makes things worse cough: Prohibition :cough. Do you prefer people drinking booze, or people fighting and killing each other for it? Do you prefer for johns to go to the dangerous underground for their fix or to do it legally?

Theft is morally questionable yet I'm not going to suggest legalizing it... Every law addressing one person's behavior towards another is some form of legislating morality.

My main point is if this is legalized, nothing will get better. Young girls will be further exploited. No 50 year old woman is going to look back and say "Gee, I'm glad I was a sleeper at 19".

Actually, she might. Wink She might not put it that way, though.

The truth of the matter is that some might brag about it, Grin especially if they were especially successful.  Wink

I watched a special on HBO years ago about prostitution. I remember they were talking to this sleeper who said she was proud of her job, life etc....   They asked her to recount her first paid experience. She started talking about it but then unexpectedly broke down in the middle. She gathered herself and continued on with her fake story about how great the life was but the reality had been exposed. it's dirty, ugly and destroys her self worth. She gets used by men and discarded. Again, is that the life you want for your daughter, grand daughter?

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #107 - 01/05/16 at 09:30:51

That's your first mistake. If I make more coffee than fits in my cups, I drink it on the spot.

Coffee is my vice.
I just bought a little grinder. I've been making freshly ground coffee with orange zest. The original recipe was orange zest, cinnamon, and vanilla extract but the vanilla drowned the flavors and the cinnamon clogged my filter baskets.

Regular auto drip most mornings. I have a French Press if I want to treat myself.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #108 - 01/05/16 at 09:57:05

Caffeine is the most addictive drug ever and its a real, physical addiction, but it's also the safest of all addictions.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #109 - 01/05/16 at 11:08:00

True that. I drink just over 6 cups a day. If I drink any after 12:00 noon I won't be able to sleep properly. If I'm dragging my go-to is black tea.

If I don't drink coffee on Saturday, more so than Sunday, I get headaches. One was crippling where I had to pull over and let my girlfriend drive until I could get a Coke-a-Cola.

I'm strict about consuming only water, tea, and coffee but in that instance I needed the caffeine so badly I had to cave.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #110 - 01/05/16 at 12:24:11

WebsterMark wrote on 01/05/16 at 08:59:18:
cheapnewb24 wrote on 01/05/16 at 08:16:07:
WebsterMark wrote on 01/05/16 at 06:50:35:
Cheap wrote: Mark, have you ever considered the possibility that sometimes banning morally questionable things, practically speaking, makes things worse cough: Prohibition :cough. Do you prefer people drinking booze, or people fighting and killing each other for it? Do you prefer for johns to go to the dangerous underground for their fix or to do it legally?

Theft is morally questionable yet I'm not going to suggest legalizing it... Every law addressing one person's behavior towards another is some form of legislating morality.

My main point is if this is legalized, nothing will get better. Young girls will be further exploited. No 50 year old woman is going to look back and say "Gee, I'm glad I was a sleeper at 19".

Actually, she might. Wink She might not put it that way, though.

The truth of the matter is that some might brag about it, Grin especially if they were especially successful.  Wink

I watched a special on HBO years ago about prostitution. I remember they were talking to this sleeper who said she was proud of her job, life etc....   They asked her to recount her first paid experience. She started talking about it but then unexpectedly broke down in the middle. She gathered herself and continued on with her fake story about how great the life was but the reality had been exposed. it's dirty, ugly and destroys her self worth. She gets used by men and discarded. Again, is that the life you want for your daughter, grand daughter?

I've met women broke down talking about an abortion.
I've met people who had deep heartache over some of lifes decisions. People have the right to make mistakes, even if those mistakes create regret.

I maintain that prostitution, though unsavory, should be legal.

Theft is morally Questionable? How can you compare?
Is purchasing also morally Questionable.?
Is rape morally Questionable?

My main point is if this is legalized, nothing will get better.

You know that how? Define better.

Young girls will be further exploited.

Explain why.

No 50 year old woman is going to look back and say "Gee, I'm glad I was a sleeper at 19".

You don't have a clue about that. How many women have graduated college by selling it?

women pay for college by prostitution

There, just copy, search.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #111 - 01/05/16 at 22:16:30

I'm really making a reference to the kind of people who like to sleep around and are proud of how good they are in bed and like to brag about it and use the fact to sleep around even more. In other words-- THE KIND THAT SLEEP AROUND, BRAG ABOUT IT AND ENJOY THAT LIFESTYLE. I won't use any colorful terms. Wink

But, hey, what do I know? (Probably not much)  Wink.

Are you getting my point now? Huh It's about that type of person.

Any disagreements? Comments? Huh

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #112 - 01/05/16 at 22:18:11

Of course, things could change once they are being paid for it. Huh

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #113 - 01/05/16 at 23:21:26

Legal or not, moral or not. It has been around for thousands of years, probably before Christ, Krishna, Budda, Allah, Jahveh and other deities. It's probably going to be around until the end of humans on earth. Criminalising it doesn't stop it.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 13:17:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Prostitution should be legal.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.