Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Twisted Sister Ralley 2016 (Read 3025 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Twisted Sister Ralley 2016
Reply #105 - 12/12/15 at 18:50:44

MMRanch wrote on 12/11/15 at 21:26:21:
That is how ya finally get a head a little .   I made my Versey before I found out versey was doing them .  you got a buddy with a welder ?   If not plan on dropping by next time your in my neighborhood .  From a cooled off motor we can have ya ready to crank-up in two hours.
Procedure:
1.  Lay bike on its left side
2.  remove foot peg , clutch cable , and side cover
3.  tensioner out , and add extra tab .
4.  cut that spring so its not long enough to push too far anymore.
5.  re-install tensioner
6.  put on form-a-gasket and let it set 5 minutes
7.  put side cover back on finger tight
8.  put clutch cable , + foot peg on
9.  walk away for an hour,  go have lunch
10 Tighten side cover bolts and ride !  Wink

its easy

*facepalm*
form a gasket! of course! and here I am fretting the cost of the new gasket on top of the new adjuster
as far as being in your neighborhood, that's unlikely any time soon, I live a long way from Tennessee, and funds are tight
I'd not even do the versy but I'm at 9K and I'm afraid to not do it, or at least check it  (isn't 9k pretty close to do it or suffer?)
unfortunately, no friends who weld and machine well enough to do a home brew versy

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #106 - 12/12/15 at 20:05:09

Art, I did not have to change my tensioner until about 16,000 miles. Definitely a good idea to check but hopefully you still have at least 5k miles before you need to change it.

I picked up the gasket for the cover on eBay for about 10 bucks or like oldfeller says you can use the liquid gasket now.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #107 - 12/12/15 at 21:33:34

I've never used anything but the liquid .  but let it "set-up" a little so it has some "body" to finger tighten against , then tork the bolts after the gasket is formed and set .  other wise it will just squeeze out and you will have nothing .  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #108 - 12/13/15 at 08:21:11

Well if it ever dries up enough here I will check it
My trailer leaked around the AC install during last night's downpour
How I am beginning to hate this whole deal

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #109 - 12/13/15 at 17:26:20

I'll bet that down pour is headed to me ...  Embarrassed ... the wind has been out of the South-west all day for two days now .   Tongue

My buddy leaves his Pop-Up camper at my house durnning hunting season , he also covers it with a tarp to help it stay dry .   It might work for ya ?  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #110 - 12/14/15 at 06:35:57

Yep !

The tin on the roof was rattleing last night !!!   Grin

I'll go looking to see what blew down on the Fences  last night ...  Sad

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #111 - 12/14/15 at 07:42:53

MMRanch wrote on 12/13/15 at 17:26:20:
I'll bet that down pour is headed to me ...  Embarrassed ... the wind has been out of the South-west all day for two days now .   Tongue

My buddy leaves his Pop-Up camper at my house durnning hunting season , he also covers it with a tarp to help it stay dry .   It might work for ya ?  Smiley

My roof, which also has a small leak (only in heavy rain, not light) is already tarped, and that works well, aside from sometimes sounding like a giant bat is trying to carry the trailer off
The AC is installed in the back wall and is a non standard (rednecked in) install
Now I give the installer credit. It is a well done install, probably better than I could pull off, and it has never leaked before that I've seen
It is possible that the rain came in through the unit itself (I've seen that before and it was 'raining sideways') or it might need recaulking and painting (for some reason he didn't paint the woos used in the install)
Either way it not a hard fix
Add that to the roof leak, the faucet that won't turn off (working on that already) so I have to go fetch water with skeeters the size of hummingbirds coming at me in a swarm, and a porta potti for a toilet (and obviously no shower) and it gets frustrating at times
I can't complain too much, I only paid $600 for it, and it keeps me mostly protected, I just want something bigger that doesn't have the issues
A 16x8 Bunkhouse is not roomy by any stretch of the imaginaries
The job of saving up $2000 for a down payment on a bigger better one with a flush toilet and such is going far too slowly for my taste

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #112 - 12/15/15 at 19:21:14

More income / Less expenses

What do you do for income ?  or do we want to know ?  Undecided

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #113 - 12/16/15 at 08:17:57

I work in the Dairy department of a grocery store, no education = low income, though 13 / hr ain't bad
as to expenses. they're pretty light
$300 / m land payment
20 / m gym dues
77 / m auto insurance (a 20 jump for moving 20 miles  Huh)
117 / yr MC insurance
gas
food
occasional eating out, not Sardi's, Whataburger
lunches at work

Dealer offered to take Savage + 1200 down
If I sold or hocked my 44, I could do that next week
get's me new Summerland mini with a 175-200 /mo payment.....for 144 months  Shocked 12000 RV costs over 20k by the time it's said and done

some of my friends who are into RVing say no, never buy new, also don't buy from this dealer
this'll be a bear of a winter in this little camper, it's not holding up well to being lived in

Other options are
a Rip down the junk trailer that is currently occupying the spot I'd like to put the new trailer in, and build on the frame
I only know residential construction, so this would
not be an RV when I'm done, but more of a bitty mobile home
I'm supposed to get permits if I build, but this is grey
I know you can 'build' a cargo trailer with no permits, everyone out here builds with no permits, so I could likely get away with it even though it's shading a bit
another thing: it big enough to include a 'shop area' in the construction (30 feet actual box length not including weird kickouts)

B Get a portable shed and build it into a home
Again I'm not building but modifying a prefab building, so no permit needed
I could go pretty big with one of these, or go small for lower cooling / heating, and maybe another shed for a shop area

either of these options take time and a lot of work, the Summerland I just park and hook up

if my credit card weren't still in recovery from buying motos / parts, the dragon, and the sisters, I'd have this, but a 4500 credit limit doesn't matter when you have less than 1000  available credit at the moment  Grin (yes, I paid for my Savage, all 3k of it, with a credit card)  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #114 - 12/16/15 at 17:47:12

Is the junk trailer an actual RV with motor and all? or just a 12' X 60' or somesuch?

Because it should already have a license on it, and you are doing "improvements" not rebuilding, besides.... it is on a movable frame, shouldn't have to do any permits.

Well, down here in florida if its on wheels it has to be "road worthy" dmv inspection on completion.
Does it have axles and wheels? If it is not "permenantly attached" (cemented) to the area, you should not have to pull a permit.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #115 - 12/17/15 at 06:49:06

I am a registered Building Inspector in KY, and for this State I believe the following to be true:

Any accessory structure less than 200 square feet of floor area used for storage, garden shed, etc. is exempt from a Building Permit.  The local Code may require a Zoning Permit - which approves the location and use of the building on the property.  In some areas you cannot have an accessory structure without having a Principal Use (house or business).....in the small Cities I work for you cannot have a storage building or garage without having a house on the property.  Often this is not applicable for active farms and the buildings that are required to operate them....it is possible to have farm buildings without a residence.  If it s a dwelling and has a sleeping area - it is not exempt from the Building Code regardless of size.

I believe that Campers, Mobile Homes, SUV's, etc. have to be built in compliance with the "Guidelines" established for those industries.  If you are a manufacturer and want to have the "approved seal", you have to build in compliance with their guidelines.  I don't believe there is anything that requires you to meet these standards if you are building a camper/motorhome for personal use.
http://www.rvia.org/?ESID=Standards

In the Cities where I work....you can't live in a camper on your property.  In the rural parts of the County, especially along the Ohio and Licking Rivers, they are zoned for recreation uses and it is fine to have trailers and campers on the property and live in them.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #116 - 12/17/15 at 09:37:46

Art

I worked 30 years in a grocery store .  Yea , Started as a stock person on nights while I was in collage.  Somehow that turned into work leader on night shift.   Then Warehouse manager and later Produce manager.   Not a glamorous job , but it payed the bills and I retired from it at the age of 53.   Well --- semi retired to cows and hay with lots of play time.  Smiley

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #117 - 12/18/15 at 07:17:06

old_rider wrote on 12/16/15 at 17:47:12:
Is the junk trailer an actual RV with motor and all? or just a 12' X 60' or somesuch?

Because it should already have a license on it, and you are doing "improvements" not rebuilding, besides.... it is on a movable frame, shouldn't have to do any permits.

Well, down here in florida if its on wheels it has to be "road worthy" dmv inspection on completion.
Does it have axles and wheels? If it is not "permenantly attached" (cemented) to the area, you should not have to pull a permit.

the junk trailer is an 8x approximately 33 foot Travel trailer that in very bad shape
It has axles and 3 of it's 4 wheels, but i have no intention of ever pulling it anywhere, except maybe to the junk yard, and it is up on blocks at the moment
I would under no circumstances try to 'improve it' I would knock it flat and burn the remnants, and build from scratch on the frame, if anything, and no it has no license, I see

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #118 - 12/18/15 at 07:29:22

Dave wrote on 12/17/15 at 06:49:06:
I am a registered Building Inspector in KY, and for this State I believe the following to be true:

Any accessory structure less than 200 square feet of floor area used for storage, garden shed, etc. is exempt from a Building Permit.  The local Code may require a Zoning Permit - which approves the location and use of the building on the property.  In some areas you cannot have an accessory structure without having a Principal Use (house or business).....in the small Cities I work for you cannot have a storage building or garage without having a house on the property.  Often this is not applicable for active farms and the buildings that are required to operate them....it is possible to have farm buildings without a residence.  If it s a dwelling and has a sleeping area - it is not exempt from the Building Code regardless of size.

I believe that Campers, Mobile Homes, SUV's, etc. have to be built in compliance with the "Guidelines" established for those industries.  If you are a manufacturer and want to have the "approved seal", you have to build in compliance with their guidelines.  I don't believe there is anything that requires you to meet these standards if you are building a camper/motorhome for personal use.
http://www.rvia.org/?ESID=Standards

In the Cities where I work....you can't live in a camper on your property.  In the rural parts of the County, especially along the Ohio and Licking Rivers, they are zoned for recreation uses and it is fine to have trailers and campers on the property and live in them.

Garwood is an unincorporated township, and according to folks hereabouts who know, is unzoned and uncoded aside from International residential code
There are many living in travel trailers here, and a few living in converted portables
Building permits to build on a TT frame is a grey area here
on the one hand, it is technically a TT, and building a trailer requires no permit
building a fixed home does
dropping a prefab structure does not (you aren't 'building'
aside from that, each city decides their own code (Houston had none, and is home to many interesting homes that would not meet code elsewhere, including 'tiny homes' not mounted on trailers)
there is a permit required to drop a mobile Home here, from what i understand, but it's just a 65 fee, and many don't pay it (the neighbors, who are no longer here, left an old 10x40 MH form the pre breaker era on that land, that they hauled here with a Dually)
Now to build a fixed home I would need permits, and possibly a flood plain exemption (in fact I'm fairly positive RE the exemption, I'm pretty close to the Colorado river, and I've seen farmland hereabouts flood pretty badly)
I would prefer not to build on an 8x33 frame though, as the resulting structure would not be roomy (I would build it more like a home than a trailer, as i know how to build houses not trailers
I had a few years in the residential construction business, though only as a laborer so the interior would only be 7'2" wide Grin) and I couldn't drag it out if we did flood

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #119 - 12/18/15 at 07:42:00

MMRanch wrote on 12/17/15 at 09:37:46:
Art

I worked 30 years in a grocery store .  Yea , Started as a stock person on nights while I was in collage.  Somehow that turned into work leader on night shift.   Then Warehouse manager and later Produce manager.   Not a glamorous job , but it payed the bills and I retired from it at the age of 53.   Well --- semi retired to cows and hay with lots of play time.  Smiley

I started as a Sacker and moved to cashier, got demoted for pissing a customer off (telling someone the truth is frowned upon in today's society) and am now in dairy
I have no desire to be in managment, but lord am I tired of breaking down 5-15 thousand pound loads, my body id worn to a frazzle by the time my day off arives

Rant incoming
Yesterday I tried to purchase a better RV, one with a flush toilet, shower, a bit more room, ect (it was also a toy hauler, so my moto would have had quarters as nice as mine Cheesy )
I was turned down not due to credit score but lack of credit history
In Texas not only does your credit matter when you rent an apartment but our idiotic state legislature has decided that your auto insurance company can use your credit rating as a tool to pry more money out of your pocket
And yet neither is required to report on your history with them
WHAT THE crappity smack!
if I buy insurance (required) form your crappy insurance co you can jack up my rates due to credit, but don't have to report my on time payments
And while if I have crappy credit you won't rent to me you aren't required to report my on-time payments (every month for 10 years) to the credit bureau?
HOW THE crappity smack IS THAT RIGHT?!!!!!!!!
I am highly pissed right now

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 09:02:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Twisted Sister Ralley 2016

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.