Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2015
Reply #30 - 11/03/14 at 21:16:33

MMRanch wrote on 10/31/14 at 14:33:42:
Which way do ya come from ?  Huh

It's generally easiest to take 85N through Atlanta, then 5/515 through Ellijay, Blue Ridge, etc.

Thanks for the sympathies on hauling it in...I don't feel so bad now  Cool

And as far as sleeping quarters...I'll sleep anywhere...tent, bed of my truck, etc. That's all part of the fun to me.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #31 - 11/04/14 at 07:22:16

Stew ,  I know a guy that has a 4x8 enclosed trailer that halls the bike and servers as sleeping quarters .   Looks like a good idea !  Smiley   I've been looking for one ever since I saw it .  Cheesy    Yea ! Its  one of the Guys here on this site. ???  Grin

neet_little_trailer.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 11/04/14 at 07:49:14

Yep....it works great!

Cozy and dry for both the bike and rider!
(I got a better mattress now).

photo_15.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #33 - 11/04/14 at 11:29:14

Now that's pretty cool. if I could only
a) find one
b) real cheap
c) sneak it home
d) hide it down by the barn
e) have a good excuse every time I use it to make my wife believe I didn't buy it, just borrowed it for a long time...

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
AlfromNH
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #34 - 11/04/14 at 11:35:22

MMRanch wrote on 11/04/14 at 07:22:16:
Stew ,  I know a guy that has a 4x8 enclosed trailer that halls the bike and servers as sleeping quarters .   Looks like a good idea !  Smiley   I've been looking for one ever since I saw it .  Cheesy    Yea ! Its  one of the Guys here on this site. ???  Grin

Looks like a chicken hauler to me  Wink

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #35 - 11/04/14 at 11:40:57

[quote author=7C7E727E6D702E2F2C2F292F1F0 link=1413696547/30#34 date=1415129722]MMRanch wrote on 11/04/14 at 07:22:16:
Looks like a chicken hauler to me  Wink

I bought it pretty cheap from a guy that hauled some Dwarf rabbits all over the country to show and sell.  I had to clean it up a little bit.  I painted the walls and used roll in bedliner on the floor.  I also had to repaint the frame is it sat outside and was getting pretty rusty.  Any money I spent on it, I have gotten back by avoiding motels bills.  I have a larger mattress that is the full width, and my wife and I have taken this trailer camping on several occasions.....even when we don't take the motorcycle it is nice not to have to set up a tent in the rain!

1296851791_162280289_1-Adorable-baby-Netherland-dwarf-rabbits-Ruawai_001.jpg

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #36 - 11/06/14 at 15:25:42

So, 13th of June at blue ridge?
Probably beginning Whens day at MMRanch?
5 hr ride to blue ridge
Ending the following Whens day?

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #37 - 11/06/14 at 16:51:10

OK

I'm going to put in on the calendar befor I forget , and the wifeey puts something else in that week !  Wink

Ya'll come ,
I have;
A very big yard (100 acre's)
A burn pit/sitting wall (seats 10 or so , overflow get the picnic table, or goldfish pond rail)
BBQ grill that never runs out fuel
Second picnic table on covered patio
Carport to park bikes under
Y-fie  in and around the house (6.0 DSL)
Netflix and antenna TV (networks + PBS)
Three shooting ranges ( RF ie/iron-turkey game, Clay bird tosser , 400 yds on the hillside hayfield ie/water jug and the like)

You need to bring:
Sleeping quarters ( tent , trailer ,sleeping bag, cot, etc)
Whatever you drink , beer is OK if your so inclined
Your own bath towel and shampoo (water pressure is not great , but it works)
Ear plugs for the rest of us if you snore .  Grin

I can put up a dinning fly big enough for 6-8 to sleep under if needed and I do have two cots , one for me and one for my buddy OldFeller.

Last year there was one very nice feller who wanted to buy dinner everyday but we can cook-out every meal as far as I'm concerned , saving money is always good the way I see it.    

Smiley

« Last Edit: 12/15/14 at 07:42:32 by MMRanch »  

DSCN2595.JPG

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 11/06/14 at 20:39:20

June 13 , 2015 is a Saturday ?

10th and 17th are Wednesdays

Huh.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #39 - 11/07/14 at 07:56:21

So tentatively......this is the schedule.  Arrival day of members and planned activities can be inserted as they are determined.

Wed June 10th - MMRanch accepting visitors.
Thur June 11th -
Fri June 12th -
Sat June 13th - Pack up and head to Blue Ridge Campground
Sun June 14th -
Mon June 15th -
Tue June 16th -
Wed June 17th - Pack up and head home.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #40 - 11/07/14 at 16:02:09

That seems OK.    Cool

I'll go to work on places to visit (day rides ), I'll try to keep them under 200 miles .  Wink

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #41 - 01/10/15 at 12:39:18

OK, it is the correct year now and we need to see how all these 3 major trips are going to shake out.

This is the second trip of the year, the June 10th through June 17th trip.   I will show up at MM's place for the scoot & shoot portion of the trip then roll on to share a cabin with whomever is going to be at the second Blue Ridge portion of the trip.

Being first, I declare dibs on the spare bedroom where I stayed last time and declare rights on first dinner trip out (so pick something nice that your wife will like).   Being old and feeble has rights, you know .....

Now, since it is know I am coming, somebody I know has to get busy on his rifle to show a little progress on the rubber pad and refinishing, heh?

(hee hee, and you thought it was just a free rifle, huh?   By the time you are done with it, it will really be yours by right of hours spent and blood spilled, not to ever be anything other than your rifle, ever again)

My daughter just picked up "my" 8mm Mauser, which was one of our blood and hours rifles that we did together when she was a kid -- she wanted to get it hold of it now to make sure it didn't go anywhere else by accident.

Of course when she got married and had a house she took possession of "her" 6.5 Swedish Mauser that we had refinished as that was always her rifle from the get go and had never left her possession, ever.   She also took "her" 40 glock and a spare 9mm for her hubby, and all the high capacity magazines that fit them.

It is not accidental that family heirlooms are often old rifles and such, kids will form bonds with these gun toys and old men will spend time with them accordingly.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #42 - 01/10/15 at 22:48:24

Well Oldfeller  your room reservations are are OK'ed  Wink and you're more than welcome.    you also hit the nail on the head about the rifle , Anders did take it deer hunting this year but didn't get to shoot it --- He fell off the ladder stand while turning around at the top.  He's still mending , his skull broke below the nose and right above the upper teeth on both sides.   Its been an Ordeal that ain't over yet !  Sad   Next Tuesday he may get the wires out , depending on what the xrays look like.   Gives me a "Wossey" stomach just to think about it.
But
His girlfriend been over here just about every day to "Pet" him and such  Wink   I've told her to go easy on taking care of him because he might find a need to break something else after he heals up !  Grin

I need to know the weather for the Texas trip dates ?  Where did you find those long range forecast ?  Huh

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #43 - 01/10/15 at 23:21:31

Hey, that's the wrong kind of blood spilled --- my kind is just a barked knuckle.

I just punched in long range weather forecast and the zip code into Google and let it go find it.

I am waiting to see if there is enough interest in this trip once Versy and Lancer go off to Texas before planning it all up a bunch.   There is only 3 months between the trips after all.

Huh

MM, it sounds like you guys are convalescing, do you even want a bunch of people to descend upon you while you and  Ander are healing up?

« Last Edit: 01/12/15 at 01:04:36 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #44 - 01/12/15 at 20:43:24

Speaking of excessive,

The scope on the big barrel -06 had walked forwards in its rings nearly an inch, swaging the scope tube down in size as it went.  

The little 7mm-08 walked its scope over an inch and a half forward in its rings.

Both guns have scopes that have been resettled using bearing & sleeve grade RC680 Locktite and Primer-T.

Have Ander check his rifle for the scope moving forward in the rings.

I may have to cook up some less edgy loads, the Savage actions can take the heat and so can the Lake City machine gun brass but the aluminum scope tubes and the steel mounts cannot -- the scope tubes are getting swaged down in diameter as the scope moves forward in the rings.

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 23:06:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.