Send Topic Print
My bucket list trip (Read 97 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
My bucket list trip
06/23/15 at 05:23:05

Gents:

I took off a week from work to go a road trip out west to NM.  It was kinda’ a bucket list trip as I don’t think I’ll ever attempt a 3k mile trip in a week (Actually 2829).  I have fond memories of NM from my younger days and wanted to see the desert one more time.  I took the KLR because it is easier to load stuff on it and a 6 gallon tank on trip like this is essential.  Here are a few nice pics, enjoy.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: My bucket list trip
Reply #1 - 06/23/15 at 07:17:28

Congratulations...  Where was your starting point?..

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #2 - 06/23/15 at 07:32:35

Smiley
I know the feeling. It may be tiring, but the memories are worth every ache and sore spot..... Smiley

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/23/15 at 07:56:28

Im glad to see ya got home.
When I took a lone road trip, Odessa t Carlsbad, shakedown run and just an adventure, I talked to people who lived in Carlsbad.
I was shocked to find that about 80% had never visited the caverns. I did...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #4 - 06/23/15 at 11:55:09

nice pics of what looks to have been  a great trip
I envy you that KLR

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 06/23/15 at 11:57:00

Way to go.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 06/23/15 at 14:09:50

Thanks for the kind words.  It was a real good trip; although, the sun & wind affected me much more than I would have thought.  Traffic was pretty decent, didn't have any problems with the bike, surprisingly not to many police out that week. However, I did have the good opportunity to meet an over-zealous border patrol agent.  Boy he was tough, I had to explain everything 3 times before he let me though.  

I did see a whole lot of towns where a lot of site members where from.  When I pulled off to get gas I was looking out for S40s.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #7 - 06/23/15 at 20:36:23

Border patrol agent: "You a US citizen?"
you "Yup"
works like a charm, according to some  Smiley

I managed to run a full tank through my S40
That's oly 100 miles though Sad

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 06/23/15 at 20:48:48

My bucket list trip would take me "months" to do.

But I do have a "mini" bucket trip that I could probably do in two or three weeks...

from florida panhandle to north of st. Louis Missouri (2hrs), then to Kansas city Missouri, then hop on over to south Dakota to that motorcycle thing (LOL Sturgis), then on up to the Devils Tower, head west into Yellowstone, then south to the Great Salt Lake, then on to the Grand Canyon, then back east to yup you guessed it Roswell, then back along the coast to home.... should take me about two or three weeks.... IF I EVER GET THE TIME.... LOL... Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 06/23/15 at 20:58:54

pg wrote on 06/23/15 at 14:09:50:
Thanks for the kind words.  It was a real good trip; although, the sun & wind affected me much more than I would have thought.  Traffic was pretty decent, didn't have any problems with the bike, surprisingly not to many police out that week. However, I did have the good opportunity to meet an over-zealous border patrol agent.  Boy he was tough, I had to explain everything 3 times before he let me though.  

the server was probably down, he was just trying to stall you long enough for your profile to come up.

WWW   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #10 - 06/24/15 at 09:04:37

old_rider wrote on 06/23/15 at 20:48:48:
My bucket list trip would take me "months" to do.

But I do have a "mini" bucket trip that I could probably do in two or three weeks...

from florida panhandle to north of st. Louis Missouri (2hrs), then to Kansas city Missouri, then hop on over to south Dakota to that motorcycle thing (LOL Sturgis), then on up to the Devils Tower, head west into Yellowstone, then south to the Great Salt Lake, then on to the Grand Canyon, then back east to yup you guessed it Roswell, then back along the coast to home.... should take me about two or three weeks.... IF I EVER GET THE TIME.... LOL... Grin

ooooo! sounds like fun! I'd be up for that, provided, of course I had the time off

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #11 - 06/24/15 at 12:06:30

This subject got me to thinking (a painful occurrence, according to my wife.)   When I reflect on all the miles and all the roads I covered on a bike there are many I would like to ride on again.             The problem is that those roads don't exist anymore.          I remember Wolf Creek Pass in 1971 as being onehellofaride on my CB750. In 2014 in my wife's Cadillac, I was bored to tears.  They seem to have either flattened all the hills and straightened all the curves, or the road is so crowded with traffic that you can't enjoy them.     I guess what I'm saying is that you have a "bucket list" of trips you want to take you had better do it while you can enjoy it.......    Can you imagine taking Highway 1 north of SF flat out on a Norton 750, using up the whole road today ?????? (Ya get home and you are walking bowlegged because the outside sole and heels of your boots are beveled....)

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 23:41:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › My bucket list trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.