Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2015
Reply #15 - 10/22/14 at 20:14:38

prefer a cabin or at least a bed.

blue ridge is fine, so would be the inn.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #16 - 10/22/14 at 21:06:19

^^^^ I'm with him..... cabin or the dragon room for seven.... that is if the missus doesn't come. It will be hard to talk her out of it, maybe, I could come and do a "guys week" and hit up dave and MM's labor day weekend for the wounded warrior weekend with her... there, I think I have solved the dilemma...
Well, that is, if I don't end up going to vegas again this coming year... we have a good team, but i'm dropping the 8 ball side and jumping to another teams 9 ball side.... more precision....
But count me in....definitely....
Oh... and even though my savage hasn't been to the dragon... I will more than likely bring the ninja300... its MUCH better on them twisties! Shocked

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 10/23/14 at 05:03:57

We seem to be trending towards the Blue Ridge around the 13th of June.   This gives enough skeleton to the trip for this early anyway, since we know how these things shift around some the closer you get in to it.

Participants in order of departure,

Verslagen
Lancer
Old_Rider
Dave
Oldfeller
MM

Bring what you prefer to ride, at this stage most of us are multi-bike anyway.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #18 - 10/26/14 at 21:19:28

Pardon me for asking, but what's the "dragon run"?

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 10/27/14 at 04:14:19

savskad wrote on 10/26/14 at 21:19:28:
Pardon me for asking, but what's the "dragon run"?

Just south of Knoxville, Tennessee, and over into the border with North Carolina, there is a Section of US 129 that is know as the "Tail of the Dragon".  For about 10 years or so (I have been around for 3), folks from this site have gathered in June to spend several days riding around the curvy mountain roads.  In the recent years attendance has been down a bit, but hopefully that will change for the 2015 event.

Rather than stay at the somewhat hectic environment of the Deals Gap Resort that is located at the south end of the Dragon, we moved 2 years ago to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground that is located near Waynesville.  The setting is very peaceful, it has a very nice valley setting along Pigeon River, and the local roads are excellent for riding.  Last year we had a second event at the Deals Gap Resort over the Memorial Day weekend that included a Wounded Warrior Benefit ride......and I expect that will happen again this year over the September 7th weekend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deals_Gap,_North_Carolina
http://www.dealsgap.com/
http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/      

IMG_0343.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #20 - 10/27/14 at 16:26:21

heres a couple pictures from previous years

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #21 - 10/29/14 at 09:59:26

Here are some pics of the blue ridge campground

Some of the guys... 2013 trip

« Last Edit: 10/29/14 at 11:03:51 by verslagen1 »  

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #22 - 10/29/14 at 12:01:20

Yep.....I remember that rain storm.  The storm that wouldn't let us get home  dry!

Every time we let it pass, and let the road dry......we would just ride into it a few miles down the road.  If we would have had weather radar that year.....we would have known we were just chasing the same storm down the road!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #23 - 10/31/14 at 12:32:43

Hey folks...Just caught this thread and I may be in for a weekend. I'm just a few hours away but I tend to not ride on the superslab. So, if I make it I would be hauling the bike up. Kinda counter intuitive to a motorcycle weekend, but it's part of the deal with the wifey that we don't play on the superslab  Huh

I'll keep an eye on things and see if I can commit and see what arrangements are being made.  If it gets to a point of needing a head count for reservations PM me or send out smoke signals to get my attention and I'll see what I can do.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 10/31/14 at 14:33:42

On the Supper-Slab , I'm with ya Stew . Cool   Unless I've got a bunch of miles to cover in a short time !  Wink

I ride in from middle (southern) Tn. --- usually on Tn.Hwy 30 into Tellico Plains , then jump on the Skyway to Robbinsville + US 129.   Or through Chattanooga and River-Road  to get on US-129 .  Both of them are "FUN" roads !  Grin      River-Road is part of US-64(scenic Hwy) that runs east and west through southern  Tn (<20 miles from home).

Which way do ya come from ?  Huh

Summer_2012__S40_002.JPG

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #25 - 11/01/14 at 13:10:03

Don't worry about hauling the bike in if you have to.  I trailer my bike down, Oldfeller has on occasion, Verslagen and Lancer will be coming from the wild west and will haul in the back of a truck or trailer.......old_rider probably will haul his bike up from Florida this time.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #26 - 11/01/14 at 17:32:50

Dave wrote on 11/01/14 at 13:10:03:
Don't worry about hauling the bike in if you have to.  I trailer my bike down, Oldfeller has on occasion, Verslagen and Lancer will be coming from the wild west and will haul in the back of a truck or trailer.......old_rider probably will haul his bike up from Florida this time.

Well, if we stay in a cabin or group room, i'll be riding my bike for the first one. The second one I will probably have a trailer, cause' the wife can't ride long distances (carpel tunnel).... hope I spelled it right or at least close, her wrists and fore arms are causing her some discomfort.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 11/02/14 at 07:07:25

Old_Rider, you need to be specific when you are talking about trips -- say exactly which trip to where.

We as a group have 3-4 different trips out on the Cafe board being discussed now and massive confusion is very very easy to get to.

First one and second one don't define much of anything, really.   Plus uptread people are talking about early and late trips from up to 4 years ago.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #28 - 11/02/14 at 14:06:23

Ok, um, this is the Dragon Thread..... right?
for the summer of 2015?

The first trip that is being talked about is in june?
And the second in Sept.?
when is the third one?
or fourth?
Wasn't aware of more than 2 to the dragon.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #29 - 11/02/14 at 19:21:41

These trips aren't to the Dragon.  And yeah, this is the Dragon thread.  And some of the Texas trips are so early folks are now protesting that the frost will still be on the punkin.

Lots of Cafe folks are going to be saying they are coming, but to which one/what time we may not really be so sure of unless we ask to make sure.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 21:10:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.