oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Alarming Logo
Reply #30 - 08/27/14 at 05:48:09

Quote:
I was looking at Somalia. Operation UNOSOM 1 "Restore Hope" was a military disaster,

Ok. Fair enough. But characterizing that as a 1st class army being pushed into the sea buy a bunch of of a**holes in filp-flops is a bit disingenuous. The disaster in Mogadishu, and it was a disaster, was hardly a war. It was in fact a snatch and grab operation conducted by a small number, less than 100, of troops inserted into the center of a city controlled by Somali Militia, in order to capture some high ranking members of said militia.

It went off the rails when first one, and then another of the helicopters used to transport the troops were shot down by RPG's. At that point the mission changed to an attempt to rescue/recover the crews. As a result a number of Army Rangers and SF personnel spent a very long night holed up in the center of the city, protecting their wounded and recovering the bodies of the Helicopter crews. Eighteen Americans were killed, about twice that number wounded, along with hundreds, perhaps as many as a thousand, Somalis. The next morning the Americans, the captured Somali militia leaders, the wounded and the dead were extracted by an Armored  column consisting of the US 10th Mountain Division and The Pakistani UN contingent. One American pilot, who survived the crash was captured by the Somali militia, but was returned shortly thereafter. It was a very bad day for the US military but hardy the stunning debacle that you seem to want to make it out to be. Things like this have happened before, and will most assuredly happen in the future.

Responding to outrage in the US over the loss of American Lives, President Clinton shortly ended all US involvement in Somalia. Let's not forget that the whole sorry adventure was an United Nations, not a US operation anyway, and was supposed to be a humanitarian mission because the residents of Somalia were being starved by the various militias that were vying for control. I don't think that there were ever more than about 1000 UN troops on the ground at any time. Possibly not even that many.  One only has to look at the state of Somalia today to see how successful the whole effort was anyway.

You are grasping at straws in order to make a point, which point I admit still eludes me.
Unless, of course, as you alluded to yourself in a previous post, that point is simply to take a swipe at the US.

« Last Edit: 08/27/14 at 08:05:47 by oldNslow »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 08/27/14 at 15:10:02

Unless, of course, as you alluded to yourself in a previous post, that point is simply to take a swipe at the US.

Touchdown!

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #32 - 08/28/14 at 16:08:57

Here's a little video explaining the muslim logos, where they come from and where the religion is going.

http://youtu.be/NrRwnYKW7dM

The Koran has a version of Revelations but in the Koran the appocalypse is a good thing (right up until the souls go in the lake of fire part in which they don't believe) The anti-christ to the Christians is the next prophet or caliphate for Islam. It's fascinating stuff regardless of your religious persuasion.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #33 - 08/28/14 at 17:27:23

Armageddon News  Huh.  

I have to admit, I am interested to see what Pesci may have to say.  

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #34 - 08/29/14 at 00:52:59

Ok.... it's not political....and maybe not even religious...even though they are using it as such.
EVERY and I mean EVERY war/cleansing action over there is simply ONE man convincing the others that he is the chosen one.
It doesn't matter who supplies the weapons/training, the US and Russians, hell even the French have sold weapons to the areas.
The poor bastards bow , scrape and fetch for anyone who says he is in charge.
Yeah we had weapons in the area and trained all three sides. And they are using our weapons to kill each other...did we plan it? who knows....I don't think it would help us in an economic stand point...why would we fund a dang war that would raise oil prices?... JOG would say the Elite.. I say, its some dang wanna be Leader trying to take over the area....just like the last 1000 years....
Its coop after coop..... you figure it out.... it aint' about the money, the religion...those are just tools to get whomever wants the power.....
Bad thing is... it will never change...until someone figures a way to redirect the "hostile actions" into a productive one.
Hell we can't even figure that one out.....how can they?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #35 - 08/29/14 at 05:07:34

old_rider wrote:

Quote:
EVERY and I mean EVERY war/cleansing action over there is simply ONE man convincing the others that he is the chosen one.

Quote:

Quote:
it aint' about the money, the religion...those are just tools to get whomever wants the power.....

Exactly!. That's about as concise a description of the situation as I've ever heard.

IP Logged
maxtowers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Versilia, Italy
Reply #36 - 08/30/14 at 16:28:11

oldNslow wrote on 08/29/14 at 05:07:34:
old_rider wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
it aint' about the money, the religion...those are just tools to get whomever wants the power.....

Exactly!. That's about as concise a description of the situation as I've ever heard.

Well, i have to say that i agree completely...
On a different note, if someone believes in this kind of stuff, you might say that we are close to the apocalypse... as a matter of fact, the Ebola epidemic in Africa could be the first of the horsemen, and those ISIS @ssh0l3s are announcing it... in their flag... pretty scary uh?

Anyway, i'm italian too, but definitively pro US, so much that i had a run to get the green card and then... but this is another story... i will post on the cafe just to share with you guys how a dream can crash in a second...

1994 Suzuki Savage, mini ape, raptor petcock, lowered forks
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #37 - 09/02/14 at 02:21:26

oldNslow wrote on 08/27/14 at 05:48:09:
Quote:
I was looking at Somalia. Operation UNOSOM 1 "Restore Hope" was a military disaster,

Ok. Fair enough. But characterizing that as a 1st class army being pushed into the sea buy a bunch of of a**holes in filp-flops is a bit disingenuous. The disaster in Mogadishu, and it was a disaster, was hardly a war. It was in fact a snatch and grab operation conducted by a small number, less than 100, of troops inserted into the center of a city controlled by Somali Militia, in order to capture some high ranking members of said militia.

It went off the rails when first one, and then another of the helicopters used to transport the troops were shot down by RPG's. At that point the mission changed to an attempt to rescue/recover the crews. As a result a number of Army Rangers and SF personnel spent a very long night holed up in the center of the city, protecting their wounded and recovering the bodies of the Helicopter crews. Eighteen Americans were killed, about twice that number wounded, along with hundreds, perhaps as many as a thousand, Somalis. The next morning the Americans, the captured Somali militia leaders, the wounded and the dead were extracted by an Armored  column consisting of the US 10th Mountain Division and The Pakistani UN contingent. One American pilot, who survived the crash was captured by the Somali militia, but was returned shortly thereafter. It was a very bad day for the US military but hardy the stunning debacle that you seem to want to make it out to be. Things like this have happened before, and will most assuredly happen in the future.

Responding to outrage in the US over the loss of American Lives, President Clinton shortly ended all US involvement in Somalia. Let's not forget that the whole sorry adventure was an United Nations, not a US operation anyway, and was supposed to be a humanitarian mission because the residents of Somalia were being starved by the various militias that were vying for control. I don't think that there were ever more than about 1000 UN troops on the ground at any time. Possibly not even that many.  One only has to look at the state of Somalia today to see how successful the whole effort was anyway.

You are grasping at straws in order to make a point, which point I admit still eludes me.

The incident you describe was made into a movie called "Black Hawk Down", I believe.

To claim that in Mogadishu there were no more than 100 troops means not knowing anything at all about UN Operations in Somalia - Mogadishu being the UN HQ with a 3-star general in command, and quite a big HQ!

You may also want to read about an incident known as "Checkpoint Pasta" (because it happened near a flour mill built by the Italians in the 1930s)

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battaglia_del_pastificio
Unfotunately it's in Italian because the english version of Wikipedia will not mention it. You can use Google or Bing online translators.

The aim was to capture rebel leader Mohammed Farah Aidid; the casualties turned to be 2KIA/36 wounded on the Italian side, 67KIA/103 wounded on the Somali side. This, according to body count.

Hence, OldnSlow's claim "Eighteen Americans were killed, about twice that number wounded, along with hundreds, perhaps as many as a thousand, Somalis." is a bit tall.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #38 - 09/02/14 at 02:29:04

WebsterMark wrote on 08/27/14 at 05:04:12:
As for the USArmy defeating the Iraqi Army, I wouldn't be overboisterous about it.
There were eyewitness reports which were rather energically quelled, which accused some contingents of applying a "no POW" doctrine, bulldozing enemy trenches with soldiers buried alive.
You only have to go and check which armoured regiments reported having "combat engineers" deployed with the combat troops.

1) never heard that before.
2) I doubt it's true, at least in any great number.
3) even if it is, I will be just as boisterous as before. War is hell.
Maybe that's why so many Iraqi "soldiers" (who were going to run the US military out of body bags) surrendered by the thousands like little school girls rather than try to make good on their pledge

Again, if the US choose to unleash it's capability on anyone, the game would be over before it began. However, 1) we are overly compassionate nation and 2) emasculated liberal leaders would rather sacrifice our own troops rather than face worldwide condemnation. Vietnam classic case in point, but Afghanistan as well.

Given the quality of your news, I'm not surprised.

That's why I made the effort of providing you the facts in English, courtesy of a British reporter. US Reporters were fed the news the USCommand wanted them to relay.

War is hell, yes, it is. That is why there are things such as "Humanitarian Law" and "The Laws of Armed Conflict".
But then, what should I know ? I'm only Italian... just like the guy who "invented" Humanitarian Law and Criminal Justice in the first place...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesare_Beccaria

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #39 - 09/02/14 at 05:21:28

Quote:
To claim that in Mogadishu there were no more than 100 troops means not knowing anything at all about UN Operations in Somalia

Go back and reread what I wrote. I said that there were no more than 100 troops involved in the operation to capture Adid. And that the total UN contingent at any one time was about 1000.

Official UN reports list the number of KIA for the entire operation as 6. Those reports don't even mention the Americans.

The info I presented was accurate.

You want to disagree with my conclusions, that's fine. But don't misquote me.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #40 - 09/02/14 at 05:43:53

Dane Allen wrote on 08/28/14 at 16:08:57:
Here's a little video explaining the muslim logos, where they come from and where the religion is going.

http://youtu.be/NrRwnYKW7dM

The Koran has a version of Revelations but in the Koran the appocalypse is a good thing (right up until the souls go in the lake of fire part in which they don't believe) The anti-christ to the Christians is the next prophet or caliphate for Islam. It's fascinating stuff regardless of your religious persuasion.

Thank you, interesting viedo.

At 1:35, it reminds Christians "beware of those who come in my name, claiming I am the Christ and deceiving many".
I Googled and it turns out 99% of such Preachers are US Evangelists - the last one being a Korean Evangelist ?
(But then, shortly before 9/11, Mullah Omar in Afghanistan claimed he was the 2nd Coming of the Prophet Muhammad, so they have the same problem, eh?)

At 3:45 it mentions 2the false God 'Baal' or 'Bel' " ignoring that in Akkadic, "Baal" literally means "God".

At 3:55, it mentions Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from Heaven, o Lucifer..." BIIIG Biblical mistake, the original hebrew does not read "Lucifer" but "Satan" (which in Hebrew is NOT the name of the/a Devil but merely means "Enemy (King)", in fact, Isaiah was addressing the contemporary King of Babylon.
In fact, in Revelation 22:16, do we not read "I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star" It is Jesus speaking !!!

9:00 There is a bit of confusion here on "worshipping the stars". How many of you prepare a Christmas tree? How many place a STAR on top? How many read a Horoscope ?  Huh

9:20 Baal = Allah ? Not so; In Arabic "Allah" has the same letters and meaning as Hebrew "El Al" or "El Elion", which is another name for YHWH...

12:20 "No Mark (of Allah) No sale (of food) ... and what do I see in the food basket ? Sausages ?  Roll Eyes

13:00 Christians were already being persecuted in Rome so I wouldn't be surprised if John was actually referring to his own times...
Else, given the rapid spread of Islam in the 6th and 7th century, that part of Revelation has already happened
(or... is it a repeating prophecy ?)

15:25 "The Second Coming and Polar reversal" Ther, that did it: it ruined everything.

So... I have watched the video and listened and took notes.
Unfortunately, nowhere did it mention the 4 Horses of the Apocalyspe, nor the Horse on ISIS' Logo (which is the very reason why I started this thread, not Iraq, not Somalia...)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #41 - 09/02/14 at 05:58:24

oldNslow, I looked again and I believe I did not misquote you.

"It was in fact a snatch and grab operation conducted by a small number, less than 100, of troops inserted into the center of a city controlled by Somali Militia, in order to capture some high ranking members of said militia."

This means you believe and state that Mogadishu was under ther control of Somali Militia.

Unfortunately, Somalia was in a state of civil war, so there more than one Militia. The UN Contingent was allied to none, as befits a UN contingent.

The HQ of the UN Contingent (many Nations participated but outside of the UN Chain of Command) was in Mogadishu.

YOU refer to one episode to capture Aidid, which generated the movie "Blackwahk Down" (which was distributed worldwide).

I refer to another episode to capture Aidid, which generated the film "Checkpoint Pasta", which most probably was only screened in Italy and South America (which is Italy's biggest customer by far).

We are not in disagreement here, it is just that your press only focus on whatever your troops do in any military operation worldwide, regardless of whichever other nations participate, and regardless of what they do.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #42 - 09/02/14 at 07:29:41

Quote:
To claim that in Mogadishu there were no more than 100 troops means not knowing anything at all about UN Operations in Somalia.

I made no such claim. Like you said, I was talking about a specific operation. The intiial force involved in that particular op was very small. There were more US troops in Mogadishu on that day but they were not involved. At least not until things went to hell and the rescue operation was  mounted. And prior to that day the US contingent had conducted six or seven similar raids with fairly small numbers of personnel. They even had a helicopter hit on one of those raids, but I believe it made it back to base.

Quote:
This means you believe and state that Mogadishu was under the control of Somali Militia.

It was. In fact most of the country was. Nowhere did I state that Adid's was the ONLY militia.

Nevertheless, the statement that I was disputing - yours - was that a 1st class army was  somehow run into the sea by "a bunch of a**holes in flip flops." That's not accurate regardless of whether you're talking about the American involvement, or the whole sorry episode from start to finish. A conglomeration of military personnel from 15 or 20 different countries, with contingents of varying size and varying levels of training, equipment and ability, is by no possible stretch of the imagination a "1st class army". Nobody got " run" anywhere. The UN simply decided that the whole affair was a huge waste of time and resources and left. Much like most of the other well meaning and futile attempts by western powers to "help out" in other African and middle eastern countries.
Which sort of brings us back around to my "ignorant savages " comment. ISIS isn't the only gang that falls into that category.

« Last Edit: 09/02/14 at 11:10:27 by oldNslow »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #43 - 09/02/14 at 10:13:32

We can debate numbers all day,, and we can also remember we had No One in Cambodia.. IOW, whatever the report is, we dont really KNOW hoot.. It takes time to get people who are willing ( people who were there) to tell what happened.. Ferguson is HERE and we couldnt get the facts,, what makes These "facts" any more trustworthy?
Remember Syria? Syrians leader Gassed the rebels? NO, he didnt. The rebels did a false flag, hoping to get US involved in their fight.. Had it worked, the number lost in that operation would have been Nothing compared to the number SAVED and the knowledge that they would now surely win, with the US OPENLY on their side.. We ARE on their side, and have been, and are REsponsible for the rebels even being there, but, thats all covert and hush hush..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #44 - 09/02/14 at 13:09:21

Quote:
 Hence, OldnSlow's claim "Eighteen Americans were killed, about twice that number wounded, along with hundreds, perhaps as many as a thousand, Somalis." is a bit tall.

Quote:
Casualties were heavy. TF Ranger lost 16 soldiers on 3 4 October and had another 57 wounded, with 1 other killed and 12 wounded on 6 October by a mortar attack on their hangar complex at the airport. The 2-14th Infantry suffered 2 Americans killed and 22 wounded while the Malaysian coalition partners had 2 killed and 7 wounded and the Pakistanis suffered 2 wounded. Various estimates placed Somali casualties between 500 and 1,500.

source of above quote: http://www.history.army.mil/brochures/Somalia/Somalia.htm

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 03:08:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Alarming Logo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.