2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Alarming Logo
Reply #15 - 08/25/14 at 00:00:51

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/24/14 at 22:02:29:
When DOCUMENTED FACT is called racism,then what?

Ask "Sharp Tongue", he's very good at taking proven facts (socio-economic, physiological, psychological, sociological), adding in "The Race Card", and making a scene. Everything "wrong" in the black community, be it induced by diet, lifestyle or culture, is somehow "magically YT's fault"... funny, I never asked the females to sit around smoking pot, spreading their legs and popping out spawn to get more government "entitlements".

I had a black co-worker who was born and raised outside of Fort Lawton Oklahoma. Now lives in North Mississippi. His exposure to the urban black subculture sent him packing, he switched stores, he won't cross the state line into Memphis for ANY reason, and, in his words "The Memphrican't Negro is lower than dog s**t, makes me ashamed to be the same race as them".

Is that racist, or is it being a realist? Calling out an entire group over the failings of the vast majority isn't racism, it is recognition that as a culture, that group should be classified as an abject failure.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #16 - 08/25/14 at 01:24:52

The very fact that this thread has been hijacked from "ISIS" to "Ferguson 2.0" is clear evidence that many of you still believe that the Oceans are like big huge monstrous moats around your castle.

Not so, you guys invented the airplane... it flies across the Big Waters... get a hang of it.

As for ISIS figyhters being violent savages... let's go back 1000 years and see how Europeans fared (most of you being white skinned, methinks you're all of Europeans stock, yes?)

Utter the word "crusader" and this is what comes to mind...

Pity that, according to contemporary historians, those noble horsemen, though aristocratic, were90% of the time illiterate.
Reading and writing were a waste of time left to the clergy - they were too busy learning the Arts of War.

And if the aristocrats were illiterate, how do you believe the infantry fared ?

If you Google "medieval infantry" you will find plenty of beautiful toy soldier kits - not credible, they're toys, made to look nice...
Then you'll find paintings and mosaics of saints and famous people - most of the time these were either mythicized - hence depicted in full glorious armor, or aristocrats anyway (as St. George) so they were wealthy anyway.
But if you look at frescoes painted in the Middle Ages, you'll be surprised to see the foot soldier was a peasant who would march to war barefoot (or with wooden clogs at best)
and wielding his everyday utensils as personal weapon - knives, scythes, large hammers, axes... and a long pike to withstand the charge of the enemy horsemen.

Their "armor" would often be little more than a vest padded in layers of leather and wool, and their "uniform" would be little more than a colored scarf tied around their neck - hence the modern necktie.
And they were less than illiterate, as they only spoke the dialect from their land of origin.

"Medieval battles evolved slowly from clashes of poorly organized war bands into battles where tactics and maneuvers were employed. Part of this evolution was in response to the development of different types of soldiers and weapons and learning how to use these. The early armies of the Dark Ages were mobs of foot soldiers. With the rise of heavy cavalry, the best armies became mobs of knights. Foot soldiers were brought along to devastate farmlands and do the heavy work in sieges. In battle, however, foot soldiers were at risk from both sides as the knights sought to engage their enemies in single combat. This was mainly true of foot soldiers early in the period who were feudal levies and untrained peasants. Archers were useful in sieges as well, but also at risk of being rundown on the battlefield."

Among the most famous infantry were the mercenary armies of Swiss Phalanx and the Dutch Lansquenet - literally, the "peasant with no land".

Fast forward to 2014, look at ISIS: those foot soldiers are not wielding axes, hammers or scythes, they are wielding anti-tank weapons, drive tanks, fire mortars, and run radio networks.
They may be religious fanatics, but they have media managers, internet websites and run find-raising campaigns.

What you are shown is THIS - light infantry on pickups. What you are NOT shoun is THIS - US tanks looted from Iraqi barracks. Not to mention heavy ordnance...

I will spare you the pictures of captured SCUDs, heavy AAA and media production centers - they have it all, and are recruiting from Pakistan and India now, as well...

Not quite my idea of "savages"...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 08/25/14 at 05:16:30

You gotta get the psychology. By labeling them savages it makes killing them easier and diminishes the threat. Yeah,they"Captured"weapons. When did any army bugout and leave such good stuff for the enemy? I say it was a staged event.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 08/25/14 at 06:00:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/24/14 at 22:02:29:
When DOCUMENTED FACT is called racism,then what?

Political correctness.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 08/25/14 at 06:39:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/25/14 at 05:16:30:
You gotta get the psychology. By labeling them savages it makes killing them easier and diminishes the threat. Yeah,they"Captured"weapons. When did any army bugout and leave such good stuff for the enemy? I say it was a staged event.

Or... they shouldn't have had that kind of equipment, in the first place.

Here, let me give you words of peace, that wirk in wartime just as well.
Matthew, 7,6
"6"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces"

Unfortunately... in Iraq as in Georgia... 1st class equipment to a 3rd class army...  Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #20 - 08/25/14 at 07:28:43

Quote:
Unfortunately... in Iraq as in Georgia... 1st class equipment to a 3rd class army...

I think you're still vastly overestimating ISIS's capabilities. The Kurdish peshmerga fighters have pretty much fought them to a standstill, with not much more than small arms and a few air strikes from the US.

The ability to drive around in tanks and such that were designed and manufactured elsewhere does not make a gang of thugs into an armored division. ISIS has been as successful as it has been because the the Iraqi army, despite the US attempt to equip and train it, is worthless.

The problem is not how dangerous or effective these a**holes are, it is that the western nations, Europe and the US, lack the political will to deal with them  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 08/25/14 at 08:53:51

When you can understand how these groups benefit the globalist scheme then you will be on your way to understanding WHY they don't get dealt with. Without that Destabilizing Force to upset things,there is no chaos from which to create the Order they want. Peace doesn't make Money nor does it consolidate power.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #22 - 08/25/14 at 23:53:22

oldNslow wrote on 08/25/14 at 07:28:43:
Quote:
Unfortunately... in Iraq as in Georgia... 1st class equipment to a 3rd class army...

I think you're still vastly overestimating ISIS's capabilities. The Kurdish peshmerga fighters have pretty much fought them to a standstill, with not much more than small arms and a few air strikes from the US.

The ability to drive around in tanks and such that were designed and manufactured elsewhere does not make a gang of thugs into an armored division. ISIS has been as successful as it has been because the the Iraqi army, despite the US attempt to equip and train it, is worthless.

The problem is not how dangerous or effective these a**holes are, it is that the western nations, Europe and the US, lack the political will to deal with them  

Very keen "force analysis".

One detail, however, drives me nuts. The ability of a swarm of @ssholes in flipflops to run a 1st class army from a 1st class Nation to a standstill... if not out to sea...

I leave the "historical analysis" to you, before somebody accuses me of... wait, it's coming... being "anti-American"  Lips Sealed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #23 - 08/26/14 at 05:35:04

Quote:
One detail, however, drives me nuts. The ability of a swarm of @ssholes in flipflops to run a 1st class army from a 1st class Nation to a standstill... if not out to sea...

You are talking about Vietnam I believe. First of all the NVA was hardly "a bunch of a**holes in flip flops." It was in fact a very large, very well equipped, and very well trained conventional army, commanded by one of the finest military commanders of his era. Despite that the US defeat in Vietnam was entirely political, not military. I'm quite sure you know that very well.

Besides, the US military is not fighting ISIS.  The Iraqis, the Syrians, and the Kurds are.

If you actually are interested in what happens ,from a purely military perspective, when a 1st class Western army confronts an army from the middle east - in this case probably the best that our muslim friends had at the time, look up the battle of Medina Ridge in the first Gulf War. The 2nd Brigade of the Iraqi Republican Guard Medina Division was orders of magnitude better than ISIS will ever be. Take a look at how well it did.

ISIS is pestilential scum and should be exterminated. I am at a loss to understand why you seem to be so enamored of them, unless in some convoluted way that I really can't fathom, you believe that their existence is somehow the fault of the US.

« Last Edit: 08/26/14 at 14:45:43 by oldNslow »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 08/26/14 at 05:45:36

I read an article by some former military guy who said without the US strikes, the Kurds would not have been able to stop ISIS. Not sure which is true.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 08/26/14 at 05:50:07

If you actually are interested in what happens ,from a purely military perspective, when a 1st class Western army confronts an army from the middle east - in this case probably the best that our muslim friends had at the time, look up the battle of Medina Ridge in the first Gulf War. The 2nd Brigade of the Iraqui Repulican Guard Medina Division was orders of magnitude better that ISIS will ever be. Take a look at how well it did.

100% correct Old one, but the interesting thing about that battle / war was it was perhaps the last major battle fought by the US (or will be fought?..) where political pressure from Washington did not rein in the goal of winning. We actually unleashed a high percentage of the US military's capability in that battle/war and the results were predictable. The fact remains; absent nuclear attack; there is no military capable of withstanding a full on assault by the US. However, particularly with Hopey-change and Eric Holder loitering around DC, this is unlikely to happen regardless of what our enemies do to us.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #26 - 08/26/14 at 05:55:17

WebsterMark wrote on 08/26/14 at 05:45:36:

I read an article by some former military guy who said without the US strikes, the Kurds would not have been able to stop ISIS. Not sure which is true.

Possibly, but I think that most of the air strikes were in areas where ISIS was actually engaged with Iraqi forces. Hard to know for sure though. In any event, even before the gulf wars, the Kurds managed to hold their own against Saddam's military - much better fighters than ISIS will ever be.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #27 - 08/26/14 at 20:39:05

Its simple Mpescatori.....they read the bible too....and try to scare the rest of the world by using the scripture against their "foe".... to instill fear into their enemy (Christianity).
We did the same in almost every war...played loud music before an attack.... dropped leaflets describing the things that were wrong with their leaders and way of life....ect....
Fear factor.... it seems to be working for them...they were not a large force to start with....but they are forcing people to serve or die....so their army grows by leaps and bounds... Fear.... those folks cannot fight it...when they face death, they run away...
Well 90% will run...then there are the dedicated terrorist who will walk up and pull the pin in front of you...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: swarm in flipflops
Reply #28 - 08/27/14 at 00:46:40

Actually, no, I wasn't thinking of Vietnam at all.

Vietnam was one of the very last wars (not quite the last) to be fought according to conventional military doctrine.
The NVA was a conventional Army, the Vietcong corresponding to (you may like this or not) the Résistance in France, Italy, Greece etc. in WW2).

I was looking at Somalia. Operation UNOSOM 1 "Restore Hope" was a military disaster, and was quickly replaced by UNOSOM 2 with Pakistani, French, Belgian and Italian contingents only.

(I'm sorry but I could not find a map with UNOSOM 1 troop deployment - not that it was ever a military secret)

As for the USArmy defeating the Iraqi Army, I wouldn't be overboisterous about it.
There were eyewitness reports which were rather energically quelled, which accused some contingents of applying a "no POW" doctrine, bulldozing enemy trenches with soldiers buried alive.
You only have to go and check which armoured regiments reported having "combat engineers" deployed with the combat troops.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/feb/14/iraq.features111

'What I saw was a bunch of filled-in trenches with people's arms and legs sticking out of them. For all I know, we could have killed thousands'

(Patrick J Sloyan on how the mass slaughter of a group of Iraqis went unreported)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 08/27/14 at 05:04:12

As for the USArmy defeating the Iraqi Army, I wouldn't be overboisterous about it.
There were eyewitness reports which were rather energically quelled, which accused some contingents of applying a "no POW" doctrine, bulldozing enemy trenches with soldiers buried alive.
You only have to go and check which armoured regiments reported having "combat engineers" deployed with the combat troops.

1) never heard that before.
2) I doubt it's true, at least in any great number.
3) even if it is, I will be just as boisterous as before. War is hell. Maybe that's why so many Iraqi "soldiers" (who were going to run the US military out of body bags) surrendered by the thousands like little school girls rather than try to make good on their pledge

Again, if the US choose to unleash it's capability on anyone, the game would be over before it began. However, 1) we are overly compassionate nation and 2) emasculated liberal leaders would rather sacrifice our own troops rather than face worldwide condemnation. Vietnam classic case in point, but Afghanistan as well.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 18:10:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Alarming Logo

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.