Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Ferguson Missouri
Reply #90 - 08/27/14 at 13:12:47

MnSpring -
Your experiences with cops are the exact opposite of mine.
I personally know several, including my secretary's husband, who is a real gentleman.
When he gets a DUI driver, he doesn't even take them to jail, just gives them a citation, IF they have a cell phone and can call someone for a ride home from the scene.  If they fight, or get nasty, then they get a trip downtown.
In the suburb of Columbus where my office is, a person has to have a bachelor's degree just to get on the force.  I make a habit of either giving a small wave, smile, or nod of the head to every officer I see.  99% of the time, the gesture is returned.
When my daughter learned to drive, I told her that if she ever gets arrested, she does two things:  First, address the officer as Sir or Ma'am, and then put your arms behind your back to get cuffed.  Don't argue with the officer - court rooms are for arguing later.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #91 - 08/27/14 at 13:41:57

Yea Jerry.  I agree, for the MOST part, Police Officers, are good people.

And their are Always, 'bad apples' in the barrel, for Any group of people.

However, in the last 20, and even more in the last 10 years.
Their is a LOT MORE, 'bad apples'.

The office, the other workers around, and most importantly, the BOSS. Have a Tremendous influence, in how the rest act.

You are very lucky, to have a Great Chief or Sheriff, or whatever he/she is called.

But their are a lot of places, where,  'Bubba" rules.

(And apologies to anyone named or nicked named, 'Bubba'.)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #92 - 08/27/14 at 21:16:05

Gee,it's Almost as IF someone is just Trying to Stir things up...
And frustrate the crap out of normal people who just want to get to the truth.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #93 - 08/28/14 at 06:09:18

Oh, Jerry.
Once again you and I are polar opposites.

I haven't the time to get into another full post packed full of quotes, evidence and citation that you will just ignore and never respond to so let me throw in an anecdote.

Two years ago on Christmas an elderly woman backed into my girlfriend's car. We had been visiting her parents in a smaller town. Small towns are great because everyone knows everyone and the jerks you went to high school with become the local police.
So, up walks a kid 5 years younger than me that her brothers all went to school with. It was a reunion for them.
He said, and I will quote "... yea, if you see a suspicious car and want to check it out just tell them they have a marker light out. 90% of the time they don't know what that is and it gives you a chance to look inside their car. You know, they're like 'What's a marker light'."

Here's one more:
When I was 16 I got a job delivering pizzas. I was new to the area so I had maps in my passenger seat (this is before GPS).
I was pulled over, the officer told me, because I looked suspicious. Being the only car on the road at midnight I was the most, and least, suspicious vehicle on the road. He asked why I had all the maps and kept questioning me for something else.

I was stupid, or must not have been giving him what he wanted, and he let me go. The point is I was pulled over for "looking suspicious".

--Steve

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #94 - 09/01/14 at 17:28:21

LOL, 'Local Cop Stories'.

20 + years ago, I was pulled over for a speeding ticket in Mpls..
Local Cop came over and saw, on my passenger seat, a small case, (Which to most people looked like a handgun case)  It was, and a was, a UN-Loaded Revolver inside.

Local cop said:  'Give me that gun, I'm, Confiscating it, you Can't have it their, It is supposed to be in the trunk.".

I then, (told him what I was doing), and two fingers, I opened the case, released the cylinder, showed him it was un loaded, and put it back in the case.  

He said: "I am going to confiscate that gun and place you under arrest and haul you as* off to Jail"
  (After he  SAW the gun)
I Told him: "Well that law, was CHANGED  TWO YEARS AGO !"

He said:   "I Don't Care What the Law is,  YOUR  Going To Jail".  (If the law hadn't changed, it would be simply a misdemeanor, and then If I would put in the trunk, a simple ticket)

In a very calm voice, I said:   "Well, you are betting, you can do that,  my bet is, you will be dam* lucky to find another job as a 'mall cop'.  You decide".

He looked at me for about 30 sec, then marched back to his car, and spun out.   (Forgetting all about the speeding ticket)

Gee, If I had a, job, which was to enforce the  LAWS, would ya thing I would KNOW, what the Law Is  ??????

Now, was he just  DUMB?
Or, do you think he saw a very expensive, collector piece,
(Which I was delivering), Which would just, """Disappear""",
Because he thought I would, 'succumb', to his, 'authority'. ?

You decide   LOLOLOLOLO

Relevance to, Jerry's, post.
And relevance to the, 'Ferguson', Debacle.
Where, their are, Two groups of people, who have been told,
they are, 'special', conflicting.

Each group, is,  'BETTING', on the outcome,
which depends on the, 'authorities',
(and each group has their, 'authorities')
And which group of, 'authorities', has the most 'SPIN".

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #95 - 09/01/14 at 17:35:56

Yea, if at  FIRST, when this happened,
and ALL THE FACTS came out.
And  NO ONE LIED.

Not a issue.

Now, it is Just,  Who SPINS,  the Best !!!!!

(SPIN = 'New word for', LIE)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #96 - 09/02/14 at 10:04:26

Correct, Mr. Spring,, Now, If YOU were the cops and you could SHOW that the dead guy had BEATEN the cops face in, wouldnt you have put that out? Wouldnt that have taken the righteous indignation OUT of the crowd? Its almost as IF SOMEONE wanted civil uproar.. And Efic Holder TRIED to keep the robbery video under wraps,, WHY??? HE, of all people, should WANT any facts that would calm the crowd down OUT There.. But Noooo,, lets keep it running that it was an EEEEvil white cop who just shot a black choir boy,, NOW does anyone see how the media is used to create civil unrest? GEEE, But that doesnt make SENSE!,, WHY would the people in power WANT civil unrest? WELL,, Because that Justifies arming the cops like the military and it creates friction between cops and society and creates a tinder box situation thst could become a civil war THEREBY creating the moment that would allow them to justify declaring martial law.. And IF they didnt WANT martial law, then they sure are training for it and setting up situations that would justify it.. so YOU think about it,, I already have.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #97 - 09/02/14 at 10:18:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/02/14 at 10:04:26:
Correct, Mr. Spring,, Now, If YOU were the cops and you could SHOW that the dead guy had BEATEN the cops face in, wouldnt you have put that out? Wouldnt that have taken the righteous indignation OUT of the crowd? Its almost as IF SOMEONE wanted civil uproar.. And Efic Holder TRIED to keep the robbery video under wraps,, WHY??? HE, of all people, should WANT any facts that would calm the crowd down OUT There.. But Noooo,, lets keep it running that it was an EEEEvil white cop who just shot a black choir boy,, NOW does anyone see how the media is used to create civil unrest? GEEE, But that doesnt make SENSE!,, WHY would the people in power WANT civil unrest? WELL,, Because that Justifies arming the cops like the military and it creates friction between cops and society and creates a tinder box situation thst could become a civil war THEREBY creating the moment that would allow them to justify declaring martial law.. And IF they didnt WANT martial law, then they sure are training for it and setting up situations that would justify it.. so YOU think about it,, I already have.

Well, if your'e right that might also explain why ANYONE in the media or the government is actually willing to listen to an a**hole like Sharpton, and to treat him as anything other than the fraudulent buffoon that he is. The guy has a TV show for crying out loud, on  - and I almost gag when I say this - a NEWS CHANNEL !

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #98 - 09/02/14 at 11:15:09

Correct, Mr. Spring,, Now, If YOU were the cops and you could SHOW that the dead guy had BEATEN the cops face in, wouldnt you have put that out? Wouldnt that have taken the righteous indignation OUT of the crowd? Its almost as IF SOMEONE wanted civil uproar..

Don't you remember the Travon Martin cases, the Duke Lacrosse case, the Tawana Brawley case?....   All of them had clearly identifiable evidence from the very beginning that the story being spread was not correct, but that didn't stop it. Have you never heard of the Black Panther voter intimidation case in Philly that was buried? These ridiculous cases occur daily; the pressures of the politically correct influence the behavior of the media, teachers, corporations or government leaders.

This is not one of your conspiracies JOG. This is the cowardice that is infecting so many in leadership positions is on full display…front and center.  

A few weeks ago, my local paper, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, dumped George Will from their editorial page because he wrote a column that dared to go against the media enforced acceptable position on sexual assault on college campuses. He simply did a little math and pointed out that, from a mathematical point of view, the number of sexual assaults occurring annually was statically impossible to be true. Not even close. Was there a rebuttal in the paper? No, he was called a liar and dropped. When/if this cop is acquitted; do you think this paper, which has all but lead an uprising, will apologize? Do you think CNN will apologize for the story about the supposed tape of the shooting?   Never gonna happen.... if they did that, they might as well just direct the muzzle of the politically correct directly at their temple and pull the trigger!

The media desperately wanted this to be a prejudice cop murdering a kid in cold blood so they published that narrative early and often.  Only a couple days afterwards, Reuters first mentioned the cop was punched, but no other major media outlets picked it up and Reuters dropped it. Why did they drop it? Fear of being left outside the politically correct group. Look at what happened when the cops released the video of the Brown kid robbing a store minutes before he was shot? They got crucified. The media all banded together and presented the story that the robbery and shooting had nothing to do with one another which to any sane person is absolute nonsense! Of course they did! They have everything to do with one another!

The nation’s leaders are morphing into Obama look-a-likes more and more everyday.

We are so f’d…… I really don’t know how we pull ourselves out of this mess. I really don’t.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #99 - 09/02/14 at 16:10:24

I know about everything you mentioned. I Stand by my position.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #100 - 09/03/14 at 14:15:09

WebsterMark wrote on 09/02/14 at 11:15:09:
   ...  Was there a rebuttal in the paper? No, ...

Reminds me of 40 years ago.  A Play at the Guthrie Theater. (Stage). "Front Page".  A scene where the stereotyped, Boss, was talking to a new, 'kid'.  In response to the question:  "What if the newspaper makes a mistake".  The, BOSS, Shouted down at the kid, aground the cigar in his mouth, and coffee spilling out of his cup, and said: "Kid, if we printed retractions, today's newspaper would be just a footnote for Yesterdays newspaper".

It was the Funniest, and truest statement in that Play.

IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #101 - 09/03/14 at 19:12:02

Check this video out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz5V_Pdxy10

-traffic stop.  Some cops are good, lately I worry about the vigilante military style they are adopting.

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #102 - 09/11/14 at 06:21:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/02/14 at 16:10:24:
I know about everything you mentioned. I Stand by my position.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/387642/why-didnt-ray-rice-get-richie-in...

I'm circling back to this JOG. Here's a classic case, political correctness which protects gays and blacks caused the NFL to freeze in terror and just hammer Incognito immediately and soft paddle the Rice situation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #103 - 09/11/14 at 08:30:22

So,if you can find a nail in a tire,ALL flats are caused by nails?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #104 - 09/11/14 at 10:27:57

Course not. However, if you followed both these stories, you would see the similarities. Political correctness can absolutely petrified cowardly leaders.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:58:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: Ferguson Missouri

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.