Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
If you outlaw guns, only outlaws... (Read 420 times)
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Re: If you outlaw guns, only outlaws...
Reply #15 - 05/23/14 at 21:12:19

I make certain my concealed pistol is concealed.. this is the law, I obey the law.. bad guys are obvious, I am not  Wink

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #16 - 05/24/14 at 09:27:28

Yep America's gun laws make it the safest place in the world - I'm sure that's exactly what some more grieving parents in Santa Barbara are saying to themselves tonight.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/24/14 at 09:35:25

It was American GI's who grew up on farms with guns that saved your a$$ from the Nazis so show a little more respect....

The guy in CA was a nut. You think he was going to say "I'd love to go shoot people at random, but I don't want to get caught breaking a gun law so I guess I won't kill anyone tonight....."

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 05/24/14 at 10:11:59

^-- His country don't allow citizens to carry guns, out of respect for his country I will not send anyone with guns to his country to protect it any longer.

There.... here's your sign....

Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #19 - 05/24/14 at 10:21:38

The Nazis ... yawn... even Putin uses them to try and justify.
Seems WWII is everyone's "I can't justify this" get out clause.
Every time someone wants a hack soundbite use the Nazis.

Back to today gentleman - easy access to guns is nutters having easy access to guns.
Nutters can easily be average Joe after a divorce, job loss, bereavement, head injury, etc etc.

Seems ok to comment on things happening in other parts of the world but then it immediately gets quite heated when people comment on America, we have to resort to dumbass nationalism. A lack of confidence in your own argument?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 05/24/14 at 15:50:45

A lack of confidence in your own argument?

No, lack of patience with you.

The Nazi reference fits, I'd try to minimize it if I were you too.

The guy was a nut. What gun law was going to stop him? Name it. It's a terrible tragedy.

Interesting that this kid may  have had Asburgers(?) which the Newtown kid did too. After that, I heard it was a fluke, that condition was not suppose to generate violence.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 05/24/14 at 17:54:05

...and, another one... Huh...
REPORT: Son of 'Hunger Games' Assistant Director Goes on Shooting Spree
http://www.etonline.com/news/146795_report_son_of_hunger_games_assistant_dire...

Since Columbine,.. we've entered a new era...
There once was a time, when such things were inconceivable... but now, it has entered the conciousness...
Much like terrorism, texting, and urban graffiti...  
The genie's out of the bottle...

As long as this is a gun culture country... these shootings will continue to grow...
You guys are right... you can't makes laws to prevent it...  
The only way to prevent it, is to not have the guns available...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #22 - 05/24/14 at 18:01:03

same guy Bot  Wink

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 05/24/14 at 18:10:10

shorty wrote on 05/24/14 at 18:01:03:
same guy Bot  Wink

Embarrassed...  How'd I miss that?...
Grin Grin Grin...

PS... If I had a mental disease, and somebody named it "Assburgers", I'd be pretty pissed...
It's like some kind of cruel joke...
I mean,.. calling it that can't help... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 05/24/14 at 20:30:54

Ive worked for quite a few guys who had at least 2 Assburgers a day,,man, I hated that,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #25 - 05/25/14 at 06:55:29

not available? like prohibition? that worked well  Cheesy
oh and let's ban cigarettes too, more folks killed by smoking than nut-jobs (oh I'm sorry, it's the inanimate object killing people)

the guns haven't been and never will be the problem, it's a human problem.
history shows banning a thing does not make it go away

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #26 - 05/25/14 at 09:01:05

Not sure how liberals connect the dots on stories like these, other than embracing the ideology of Rahm Emanuel: You never want a serious crisis to go to waste ...

Even God gave the law "Thou shall not kill" and plenty of folk, both religious and secular seem to ignore it, so please tell me how our lord Obama can enforce it?

As I stated earlier, booze kills way more innocent people.....would you guess more than this sicko killed today? I can tell you we had three up here I know of personally (reading a local story) can you imagine nation-wide how large that number might be?
Libs, where is the outrage at booze?
I asked you straight up Bot if the "number" was a factor in determining your concern, and you never answered me, why?

I would guess this kid was raised in a liberal Hollywood type home, yet he still has such rage in his system....
I can vouch my liberals friends seem intolerant of others who live, and believe, differently than them, than my conservative ones.....

Just like carbon offsets, their "fix" won't address the problem, but only to self serve them in thinking they are morally superior in their caring.....

Of note, to show a bias, our news outlet is still reporting a headline that all the deaths were resulting from a "drive by shooting" ..... disingenuous or just another Dan Rather's outright reporting lie  Huh

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #27 - 05/25/14 at 12:06:43

Deary me cigarettes and alcohol....
Both are self inflicted deaths. Quite a big difference if you are trying to use them as an analogy.  Roll Eyes
So still no intelligent argument.
And then as usual when the argument can't be won with any reasoning it goes straight to ranting about "liberals", whoever they are. Those pesky liberals are like Nazis probably.
The link between gun sales/ownership of a country and the number of mass shootings is irrefutable. Terrorism, texting, and urban graffiti are common to many countries. Mass shootings in countries with strict gun laws are rare indeed. It is that simple.

Now I understand people may not want to give up your guns. That doesn't change the fact of a link between gun ownership and mass shootings. If you want a society where everyone has the right to own a gun, you will inevitably get regular mass shootings. The numbers don't lie. They aren't talking about European mass shootings on the German Savage forum right now.

I saw in the paper that the "nutter" was a Brittish student - If he had lived here thankfully he would not have easy access to a gun and therefor when he went over the edge he would probably have got drunk and stabbed someone. A horrific crime, but I think we can all agree - a lesser impact on the community than multiple death and gunshot wounds.

It is not a fault of "culture" or "the times" - I live in a very similar culture and we don't have mass shooting because we don't have household gun ownership. I was born in Australia - ditto. There is the odd mass shooting from someone obtaining a gun illegally but these are the frequency of earthquakes - precisely because it is harder to get hold of a gun.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #28 - 05/25/14 at 12:45:39

Oh..... I had no idea the gun did this on its own accord.
Odd, I thought someone had to load it, aim it, etc.....
Just as booze has to get into a persons system to cause havoc while driving, greatly increasing the chances that an innocent person may be killed....

But then again, I is dumb  Undecided

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #29 - 05/25/14 at 13:37:43

ban everything, we will all be safe  Cheesy
and yes booze is a great analogy, drunk drivers kill thousands every year (far more deadly than guns)..

The nut in CA killed the first 2 with a KNIFE people, ban them too?
Also the nut comes from a very liberal and wealthy home. The dad says the family hates guns, yet his son was obviously so unhappy and no family member noticed?

I feel for the victims naturally, but stop with the evil gun talk, this is a human problem. Nuts will kill, let's ban nuts

« Last Edit: 05/25/14 at 19:42:36 by shorty »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:44:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If you outlaw guns, only outlaws...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.