Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
If you outlaw guns, only outlaws... (Read 420 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws...
05/22/14 at 06:11:08

North Carolina restaurant The Pit was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday. Normally, local crime stories like this wouldn't merit a Townhall post, but this one is different: The Pit has a "no weapons" sign displayed prominently on its door declaring the restaurant a gun-free zone, and bans patrons from carrying concealed weapons.

Authorities said just before 9 p.m. Sunday, three men wearing hoodies entered the restaurant through the back doors with pistols, and forced several staff members to lie on the floor.

The bandits assaulted two employees during the crime, but they were not seriously injured.

What groups like Everytown for Gun Safety or Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America seem to have an issue grasping is that criminals have no respect for the law by nature of being criminals. Criminals aren't going to be stopped by a "no guns allowed" sign. If somebody is going to rob or shoot up a Chipotle, for instance, they're not going to care that they cannot (or have been politely asked not to) bring a gun onto the premises. Criminals are not going to submit to background checks. They'll use straw purchases or just buy a gun from an illegal source. All these policies and laws do is make it harder for legal gun owners to protect themselves.

While I am thankful nobody was hurt, this certainly harms the narrative that "gun free" places are safe places.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2014/05/21/nc-restaurant-with...

--Steve

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Re: If you outlaw guns, only outlaws...
Reply #1 - 05/22/14 at 07:02:40

Had their been a concealed carry customer, there might have been a more positive outcome.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 05/22/14 at 08:09:47

RatdogWillie wrote on 05/22/14 at 07:02:40:
Had their been a concealed carry customer, there might have been a more positive outcome.

or a deadly one

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/22/14 at 09:10:26

Aren't those the same thing?

--Steve

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 05/22/14 at 10:48:09

Paraquat wrote on 05/22/14 at 09:10:26:
Aren't those the same thing?

--Steve

depends on who dies

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #5 - 05/22/14 at 11:52:28

3 bad guys is too much for me, my conceal carry weapon would remain concealed..
good guys outnumber bad guys so if more good guys were armed, there would be no more crime..

liberals forget the good guys are more able to stop crime if armed..
liberals place a spiritual voo-doo persona to the tool, as if it can come to life and start shooting by itself

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/22/14 at 12:13:23

A number of cc guys should make reservations there, then cancel when they get to the door.  "I'm not going into a place where only the criminals have weapons"

WWW   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #7 - 05/22/14 at 13:00:32

verslagen1 wrote on 05/22/14 at 12:13:23:
A number of cc guys should make reservations there, then cancel when they get to the door.  "I'm not going into a place where only the criminals have weapons"

if we concede that folks NOT entering with concealed handguns are respecting the owner's wishes..
then isn't it obvious burglars have no respect for that sign or anybody inside?

if somebody is approved for conceal carry they have been thoroughly checked-out by law enforcement, a documented "good-guy"..

this ignorant push by liberals to disarm "good guys" is based on stupidity and irrational fear.. we should fear bad PEOPLE, with or without guns predators will harm the sheep, unless the predators think the sheep are armed

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 05/22/14 at 13:27:13

Kinda a non-story to me.

I like the one where a neighbor posted a sing in his own yard saying that the next-door neighbor did not like guns and didnt have any.  This of course upset the neighbor next door. But why???

Oh wait.. you don't like guns but you hope that others don't know you cant protect yourself.

(I am not sure that story is true, but it sounds fun)

I fully respect a store owners right to insist on no guns, even concealed carry. It really has no effect on my desire to shop there. I certainly do  NOT feel safer in such a place. I recall getting asked ( once) if I had a gun when entering a bar. I said no ( which I didn't). They never asked again and I have been back several times. Such is life in 2014.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 05/22/14 at 14:50:02

My point was, if the place knew it was turning away business, they might change the policy.

So what's the penalty for CC in such a posted gun free zone?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 05/22/14 at 21:13:46

I dont know the penalty for carrying where a sign says ya cant,, maybe criminal trespass,, but IF you carry into a place with that sign AND something happens AND you pull yours out & either shoot or just point it & say "STOP",, Id bet youd lose your CC license,,

For me, this makes the point that Advertising works,, You advertise its a gun free zone & criminals read it & take advantage of it,, I dont want to be where those signs are.. I dont carry, but I am comforted being where its okay,, because I figure the majority are law abiding, and if 10% are carrying,& the bad guys dont know WHO  is, theyre less likely to hit where CC is welcomed.
I wonder if that sign will be coming down..

If I lived in that town Id be calling the owner & telling them I wont be in there while that sign is up. In fact, Id tell them I want a sign saying Concealed Carry welcome.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 05/23/14 at 02:29:29

" In fact, Id tell them I want a sign saying Concealed Carry welcome. "

How about "shotgun slung across shoulders, 30% discount" ?

Why is it that criminals never attack that one bar/restaurant which is the local PD's favorite hangout?
Roll Eyes
Maybe because you're likely to be outnumbered 30:1 by off-duty COPS ?
Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/23/14 at 06:16:27

Pine wrote on 05/22/14 at 13:27:13:
Kinda a non-story to me.

I like the one where a neighbor posted a sing in his own yard saying that the next-door neighbor did not like guns and didnt have any.  This of course upset the neighbor next door. But why???

Oh wait.. you don't like guns but you hope that others don't know you cant protect yourself.

(I am not sure that story is true, but it sounds fun)

I fully respect a store owners right to insist on no guns, even concealed carry. It really has no effect on my desire to shop there. I certainly do  NOT feel safer in such a place. I recall getting asked ( once) if I had a gun when entering a bar. I said no ( which I didn't). They never asked again and I have been back several times. Such is life in 2014.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 05/23/14 at 17:57:47

Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #14 - 05/23/14 at 19:36:22

verslagen1 wrote on 05/22/14 at 14:50:02:
My point was, if the place knew it was turning away business, they might change the policy.

So what's the penalty for CC in such a posted gun free zone?

In Missouri, the penalty for going into a private business that is posted is a trespassing charge (only if you refuse to leave when asked to). I try to find places to shop that aren't posted. On the other hand; concealed means concealed (out of sight out of mind)

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:43:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If you outlaw guns, only outlaws...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.