Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Rear belt pully squeak (Read 379 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Rear belt pully squeak
Reply #30 - 01/24/14 at 16:29:44

Thanks JOG, you're always happy to help.  Do you hold the record for the most posts?

That's kind of hard to believe:  a cheaper price than HF and something still made outside of china.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 01/24/14 at 21:18:11

I may,, I was JOG, that died, Then JOG 1,, now JOG2.. I may have the most posts, but that dont make me the smart guy.,.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #32 - 01/25/14 at 16:37:50

It is very evident you know your stuff.

My favorite quote regarding intelligence:  "You can learn something new everyday, and still die dumb."

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 01/25/14 at 21:17:01

Man, I embarrass myself regularly. I answer someones question & someone comes along & really nails it,,But,, thats what WE are here for,, between us, someone is gonna have the answer,, there are some serious tuning guys here,, Im not one, Im glad if Ive helped you, but Im just a dude,, not a gee whizz fixit all guy,, I do try to help & if I have, then Im very happy,,& thanks,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #34 - 01/26/14 at 15:41:45

I pulled the wheel off today and it looked better than I was expecting.  The pads in the hub were squished in about the same amount that the pulley would wobble.  I think Dave's mod will work well.  I'm going to check the diameter of the hubs as V1 suggested.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #35 - 02/03/14 at 16:30:13

Gents, I put in new pads in the pulley hub and did Dave's mod as well.  Problem solved.  I also had the opportunity to try out the rapture I recently put in.  I know the reserve works as I didn't make it around the block before it ran out of gas. Cheesy

I got a dyna muff on the way and sometime here I'm sure I will do the Versey tensioner as well.  Along with some rotella T & zddplus I should be in good shape for a couple more years.  I hope anyway.  Regardless thanks for all your help!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 21:15:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear belt pully squeak

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.