Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Long Term Fuel Storage Test (Read 722 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Long Term Fuel Storage Test
Reply #15 - 11/09/13 at 08:25:17

You had an ant farm when you were a kid, didn't ya' Dave...
... and a chemistry set...

... whilst I was setting model planes and army men on fire with lighter fluid... and eating glue paste...
Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 11/09/13 at 14:34:24

He certainly looks like the studious type..Hes got the kinda face an artist would use if he needed a model for a bronze. & yes, you can take that as compliment,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 11/09/13 at 15:33:49

I think it is a good experiment, we talk about damage done to stock petcock rubber over time by E90 (10% ethanol) and we theorize what the effects of E85 would be .... now we can find out.    Remember, unless it says flex fuel when you open the gas tank flap do not use it in the car -- you will void your factory warranty.

================   Green and Brown Army Men

I ran with a gang of guys when I was young, we would carefully stage our equal count of green and brown arm men in opposing trench/combat lines complete with little sprig trees then we'd back off 20 feet and play like we were the inbound artillery.

Taking turns taking shots with our BB guns and after an equal amount of shots we would count the still vertical soldiers to see who won that battle.

If we had them, we'd stage 1 firecracker every 10 shots (bombs from airplanes of course).   Goal there was to get a lot of dirt flying as shrapnel to take out a bunch of the other side's guys.   Fine grit (wee little pebbles) worked best as the handful of "bury" each firecracker was allowed before being lighted.

Boys played together back then, we stayed out doors until after dark in the summer time.

Cheesy

Now Serowbot -- tell us the proper technique that you used for them dripping plastic milk carton strips again to simulate the napalm & flame throwers.

Grin

wizzzip .....  wizzzip .....  wizzzip .....  wizzzip .....  wizzzip .....  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 11/09/13 at 17:07:44

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 11/09/13 at 15:33:49:
Now Serowbot -- tell us the proper technique that you used for them dripping plastic milk carton strips again to simulate the napalm & flame throwers.

...and don't forget the "Mum's hairspray" flamethrower... Grin...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 11/09/13 at 17:25:01

I had a CO2 BB pistol when I was 11.. Id siphon gas outta moms car into a small coffee can & sit a cartridge in it & set it up inside a culvert. Flip matches at it till it lit, then we'd all back away as the gas burned down, exposing the top of it to the flames.. After a minute or so, it'd blow up & shoot fire out the culvert & extinguish it all at the same time,,
CO2 carts were cheap back then,, That thing would punch a hole in a steel 5 gallon paint can & leave a lump on the other side on a new cartridge,, some jerk broke in & stole it & my jakass step dads 45 revolver,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 11/09/13 at 17:49:39

You win... Huh...

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 11/09/13 at 18:11:00

Justin, what was the biggest thing you ever blew up with an M80?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #22 - 11/09/13 at 18:34:59

I go away for a few hours....and look what happens.

Y'all derailed my fuel test thread to burned Army men and sploding culverts!

Thas OK......there aint going to be much happening with the fuel for a month or two.....might as well kill some time. Roll Eyes

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 11/09/13 at 21:00:03

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 11/09/13 at 18:11:00:
Justin, what was the biggest thing you ever blew up with an M80?

I never HAD an M-80! Dangitt!

BUT,, I DID sneak off with 3 rolls of primer cord & a coupla hands full blasting caps once,,I knew a guy who explained to me how to hook them up. I went out in the wide opens of West Texas & Blowed some Stuff UP.. I set a 4 inch steel pan ( like off of a roach coach) with about 6 feet of the white cord ( Hot & Fast!) up between the plywood sides of a sign & jammed a stick in to hold it up.. Had about 25 feet of wire, thot thatd be just fine,, I set that stuff off & everything went dead quiet for a split second, like all the air was moving toward that sign,, then BOOOM! & one side of it went over my car & I never did find that pan ,
& I found a roll of what is called sand line,,its a hard wire about 1/8th diameter that is used to lower a totco tool into an oil well,, ( They have a pendulum & a spring & a clock & you drop them down & the depth is measured by the machine thats dropping it). When the time is up, the clock drops the hammer  on the pendulum & it poked a hole on a piece of paper with a tiny target on it,, that way they know how far from straight down the hole is going. Anyway, that wire is so hard that it will sit in a spool even if its not on one,, & its Just the right inside diameter to set a Whole ROLL of det cord in,, I found one & set it on a ledge that was just off the crest of a hill, overlooking a valley & I set that roll in there & set the cal & started running wire. I ran about 50 feet, since it was aimed away. When that one went off it went quiet again,, then a HUGE Boom! & since it was dark all I could see was the flash,, I went the next day to see & that wire was slung in a big V. It musta covered 100 yards & it was waaaay on out there. Im gonna say that roll weighed just shy of 150 pounds & it was hard to see down where it landed, Id say it was no more than a 15 foot drop, but it was probably about 30 or 40 yards away from where it launched from & each leg was just loop after loop, each about 50 yards long.. I kinda expected it to shatter the wire, since its so hard, I figured it would break from the impact of the last,,I did a coupla other things, but we wont go there,,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 11/09/13 at 21:01:31

Dave wrote on 11/09/13 at 18:34:59:
I go away for a few hours....and look what happens.

Y'all derailed my fuel test thread to burned Army men and sploding culverts!

Thas OK......there aint going to be much happening with the fuel for a month or two.....might as well kill some time. Roll Eyes

At least your science project isnt doomed to fail,, Youre not trying a Long Term Beer or Money storage thing,,You know those wouldnt pan out,,drink it or spend,,

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #25 - 11/10/13 at 00:17:44

Hey it is a long term project, so you got lots of time.    

Then when you have some results you can trim all this trash away and re-post it in Tech Section.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #26 - 11/10/13 at 05:12:19

Serowbot wrote on 11/09/13 at 08:25:17:
You had an ant farm when you were a kid, didn't ya' Dave...
... and a chemistry set...

... whilst I was setting model planes and army men on fire with lighter fluid... and eating glue paste...
Undecided...

No ant farm or chemistry set, but I did live in a rural farm area and had to entertain myself a lot.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 11/10/13 at 05:19:06

When I would tire of a model car or plane it would get BB holes in it, then a paper towel & lighter fluid would make a melted plastic puddle of it. After it cooled a while the asphalt it was melted to could be lifted up.. Violas! Instant pothole! Ahh who cared? No one lived on that "cul de sac" anyway,, heck, I had the only house for 5 blocks for 2 years, then some jerk moved in about a block away,, his dogs made passing that house so scary Id sometimes ride around one of the other ways, putting me out a long way,, but it beat having to try to race dogs,,

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #28 - 11/10/13 at 08:14:44

I never hid from them bad dogs, I had a pump action Daisy repeater and could skitter 20 BBs their way from the hip as fast as I could pump the sucker.  

Even a bad dog learns to run when he sees you coming.

We used to toss a beer can up hill and I'd keep it from rolling down to us for  a short while.   (the trick stopped working when the cans became aluminum, the BBs would sail right on through and not even make the can twitch)

I'd take the sights off of it and practice "instinctive point shooting" at mobile targets.   With the sights on I'd shoot at a dragon fly until he paused too long in mid air and I'd get me a wing .....

I bet I shot more growing up as a little kid than ever have as an adult.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 11/10/13 at 08:48:17

The leatherwing bats would swar over the road at dusk, eating the mosquitos that also swarmed there. Id put a 1/8th oz. split shot on my trusty Zebco 202 & fling that weight up amongst the skeeters & a bat would swoop in & grab it. Hafta really be "on the stick" to time yanking it before he spit it out, but, when the timing was right, the bat would spin & flip.. OHH the fun!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 23:25:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Long Term Fuel Storage Test

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.