Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Clutch Lever Index Marks (Read 211 times)
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Re: Clutch Lever Index Marks
Reply #15 - 11/09/13 at 19:42:17

verslagen1 wrote on 08/27/13 at 15:43:51:
....If the cover is coming off any way, measure the rod sticking out of the clutch pack.
12.5mm is about the maximum rod length.  13mm is definitely too long.
as proposed (and I agree) the rod and cable lengths are more likely to change than the clutch plates.
If the rod length is less than 11.5, time for a new rod.

Also, I prefer to have a full radius on the ends of the rod.  Promotes smoother action with the sintered actuator cam.  Also spins better.  But rounding the corners effectively makes the rod shorter.  Which is why I like the max length rod sticking out.

And the more rod you have sticking out the more effective the motion is.

Ver,

I've made a note to myself to revisit this thread the next time the clutch cover is off.  I'll then try to clear up the mystery (unless someone can do so sooner).

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
cafecarl

I love old
motorcycles

Maine
Re: Clutch Lever Index Marks
Reply #16 - 11/11/13 at 07:25:36

I just looked at my clutch lever marks, the lever pushes up to the same spot as yours Digger. Having said that, my clutch slips when I wrench the throttle in the higher gears. She's a high miler and the PO gave me no history so I wasn't surprised. I've been babying it and planned to do a clutch job this winter. If this this is within spec. perhaps I should suspect something else... like oil ? I used Rotella T. Or maybe yours is on the fringe. Then again maybe we should forget about the marks. Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:25:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch Lever Index Marks

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.