Corbin Seat (Read 83 times)
Igggy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Las Vegas, NV
Corbin Seat
11/10/13 at 18:00:28

I seriously considering getting the seat as a present to me. I've read it is a no-mod bolt on. Looking at the seat at their site I don't see how the back of the seat attaches. Can anyone talk to how the seat mounts?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Corbin Seat
Reply #1 - 11/10/13 at 18:04:44

Just like oem.  Although, the holes on mine were a 1/4 inch off.  I've really enjoyed mine, took a little to get used to though.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Borracho

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #2 - 11/10/13 at 20:21:16

Bolts line up the same, but It will be more difficult to acces them, becuase the seat is stiffer underneath. I switched over to allen head bolts. This made it much easier to take off/on.

2004, Jardine muffler, K&N drop-in, Corbin seat, Raptor petcock and Sportster handlebars with phony ISO grips.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 11/10/13 at 20:41:53

I'd rather sit on the steel frame than a Corbin seat but that's just me because they're still in business I guess.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/10/13 at 21:00:06

Definitely just you.
I loooooooooove my Corbin.

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 11/10/13 at 21:11:14

I sat on few bikes with Corbin's,.... including a Savage, and they don't appeal to me either...
It's just a personal preference,.. or it depends on body type,.. but any seat is not a sure thing for anybody...
Corbin's are very firm,... and the shape wrong for me...

If you're buying a seat for comfort.... don't buy one without sitting on it...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #6 - 11/11/13 at 07:35:42

I absolutely love my Corbin seat but when I first sat on it I was definitely surprised.  It's much more of a bucket seat and you sit more forward on the bike.  For me, I had purchased Routy's Forward Control extension brackets and was debating putting them on before I got my Corbin.  I'm 5'9" and wondered if 6" extensions would be too much of a reach.  After riding around on my Corbin for a few minutes it became clear that I needed to put those extensions on.

But with the combination of the forward leg position on the Corbin seat, I'm in heaven.  A few days after getting the forward controls on I set off on a few thousand mile road trip and I couldn't imagine doing it on the stock seat.  One thing I know from my bicycle touring is that soft seats feel nice in the store when you try them out initially but for long distance a firm seat that fits your sit bones will get you farther than the road every time.  I never once had any of the soreness on my trip that people said I'd get used to.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 11/11/13 at 09:10:10

Igggy wrote on 11/10/13 at 18:00:28:
I seriously considering getting the seat as a present to me. I've read it is a no-mod bolt on. Looking at the seat at their site I don't see how the back of the seat attaches. Can anyone talk to how the seat mounts?

To answer your question, there is no provision to bolt the Corbin on at the back. The frame of the Corbin is fiberglass, and does not flex like the plastic of the stock seat does, so it is not needed.
.... and i think the Corbin is the best thing, along with forward controls, that you can do to make the bike comfortable.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 18:41:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Corbin Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.