Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #525 - 06/26/14 at 06:57:40

Sounds good to me ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #526 - 06/26/14 at 07:22:19

Tuesday on the way back from South Carolina we came around a corner to find a mess in the road and police everway.   Apparently a truck like the DumpTruck in the picture had been up-side-down at some point , couse the truck was pointed in the same direction as the upright one but the gravel was dumped to the inside of the turn(right side looking at it) ???  Well the cab was all-bent-up  , and by time I got ready for a picture this transfer truck  was making its was around the debris.   Dave might have a better picture (he had a real camera/ I had cell phone).   It was a eye opener to see such a thing.

0624141715-00.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #527 - 06/26/14 at 08:19:45

MMRanch:

My photo is a bit better....as the semi is not in the way.  The dump truck was still on it's side.....you can see the tail lights on the back of the truck.  There is an emergency vehicle parked nearest to us...then the dump truck is next and the open top is facing the right side of the road.

The photos are taken where the folks stopped uso to allow traffic from the other direction to go through.  We actually had to drive through some of the gravel that came out of the truck and was still on the road.  The emergency folks where sure to point out the gravel to us....so that us bikers would not lose control on the gravel and make more "emergency" work for them!

Dave

« Last Edit: 06/26/14 at 09:30:33 by Dave »  

IMG_1461.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #528 - 06/26/14 at 09:34:45

This thread has been pulled out of the "sticky" mode...it is now history and played out well.  You can still post questions and comments here.....the thread can continue.  I am going to start a sticky thread for comments about what to do in 2015.....the where and when.

Dave

IMG_1455.JPG

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #529 - 06/26/14 at 13:32:38

You couldn't find a bad angle to shoot Dave's bike if you tried...  Smiley...

Sweeeeeet!... Kiss Kiss Kiss...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #530 - 06/26/14 at 13:34:15

Nope, it is the prettiest Savage I have ever seen to date.

And it goes as good as it looks ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #531 - 06/26/14 at 19:10:09

Thanks for the support guys.....I told my wife a while back that the bike may be the best thing I have ever done in my life of projects.  There is almost nothing I would change.....I am very happy with the results.  Next winter I will work on a stainless 1.5" diameter header pipe and a stainless megaphone just like the current chrome one.

Tonight I was able to get the bug gizzard goo and road grime off.  It doesn't look like it suffered any.....still looks bright and shiny once it was rinsed and dried! Grin

MMRanch.......How you doing on the clean up of your bike? Roll Eyes

Dragon_3_001.jpg

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #532 - 06/26/14 at 19:30:13

I doin't think mine is ready for another "Beauty" contest yet !  Sad

First thing I'm doing is to move my "Tail-Bag" forward about 4cm's so  the front of it is up against the back rest , then put some support braces under my home-made rack.   As long as the T-Bag was empty most of the time it was OK.  The trip showed me where the weak points are.  Wink

But :  Yea then a bath will be in order !  Grin

For those who don't know ... Dave gets up a 5 am , Well Saturday before the Bike rally I got up about 7:30 or so and found Dave cleaning my Sportster (something about his bike not being embarrassed to be around mine).   Hay ! It looked so good I entered it in the Beauty contest at the Bike Rally --- and won the Sportster category !!! --- Can't nobody clean a bike like Dave can !  Grin Grin Grin

Dave , don't forget -- rub some warm Bee's wax into the stitching of the seat some warm sunny day and let the sun melt it into the stitches (works on pottery too).  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #533 - 06/27/14 at 06:31:03

OldFeller
I was cleaning up a little outside yesterday and found this :

Is it a 100 yd groop from you 7mm08 ?

If it is  Smiley.    actually I'd say thats "sandbag shooting" good for even 50 yds.  

OldFeller had some range time while Dave and I were gone one day.

Hay , folks thats a 8.5/11 piece of paper and a sub 1" groop !  Shocked

0626141748-00.jpg

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #534 - 06/27/14 at 08:27:46

Target was oriented as per the text.

Target was composed of 3 bullet weights, 120, 130 and 150 grains with the scope adjusted to center the 130 grain weight.

Rifle slings the heavier weight bullets higher, on a right to left diagonal sling pathway.

Most accurate load was the 130 grain, of which I have a bunch made up.

All these theoretical results must take a liberal dose of salt since the scope was moving very slowly in the rings the whole time I was there shooting the gun.

As far as shooting animals would go, all the loads will group on the same piece of paper with the heavier, better BC bullets hitting "high left" about 4 inches up and 4 inches left.

I anticipate it would be a sub-1" rifle with the 130 grain loads it likes the best.   The rest are noted as 2"-3" group size, which isn't varmint grade but would do for a deer very nicely.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #535 - 07/23/14 at 05:30:09

I got some photos in the mail that I had ordered from US129 photo guys.  

Here is MMRanch on his 883 Sportster about to "Drag some Dyna" on the pavement.  MM was most likely the fastest Harley on the Dragon that day.

MMDragon.jpg

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #536 - 07/24/14 at 14:17:21

Yea some of that stuff was dragon so much it was like "Throwing out an anchor"  it was digging into the pavement so much !   Grin think it was the kick-stand bracket because part of its gone  Roll Eyes.

I could put taller shocks on the rear and lift it up a little but the front would still be low , so there no point in lifting the rear !  Sad    Anybody ever used the "Progressive" springs ?  or added inches to the front somehow ?  Huh

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #537 - 07/24/14 at 14:48:28

I would have to be done in the same manner that the lowering is done.
On ours there's a little rebound spring on top that could be shortened.
We already have progressive spring rate, you'd just have to find something stiffer.
But getting some ?" over forks would have to be the ticket.
Raising the rear is not completely w/out benefit, raise the rear 2" the middle going up 1".

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #538 - 07/24/14 at 15:03:23

MMRanch wrote on 07/24/14 at 14:17:21:
Anybody ever used the "Progressive" springs ?  or added inches to the front somehow ?  Huh

Yeah, I need to raise my "Superlow" Sporty, too....
From what I've read,... just getting taller damper rods in the forks will do it... for about $30.00...
...'cept, I have a cartridge fork in mine... (carts are a big mystery to me)... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #539 - 07/24/14 at 22:55:18

Here is a "Scary" thought !!!

I could as the Harley Dealership  $$$$  plus more $$$$  Embarrassed

Mabby I should look on ebay for springs made for one of the heavier bikes that has the same dia. forks  ?  Huh  might work  !  

That's what I did for the rear , got a pair of shorter shocks made for a heavier bike.   Its not quite a hard tail , but its stiff !  Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 12:51:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.