Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #90 - 10/28/13 at 07:19:36

Question is:   is it a really good event?

Start June 21st at MM's with the Lynchburg Motorcycle Rally, move to the Dragon Lodge on Weds night the 25th, roll on to Blue Ridge on Thursday night the 25th, end Sunday AM June 29th.   Or we can do it backwards if it makes more sense.

We are early enough to do all that, but let's get some feedback and buy in from the folks that it is what they really want to do ....

Question:    Do you want to go to this bike rally weekend?   Do it the very first item on the trip, or the very last item?

« Last Edit: 10/30/13 at 02:41:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #91 - 10/28/13 at 11:16:14

Well if before ... How about we set-up camp Friday (20th) afternoon/night after work  ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #92 - 10/28/13 at 11:59:00

What's to set up?   Sleeping in the barn loft, right?   Cheesy

Seriously, I will be driving all Friday night to get there Saturday AM if we go to your place first.   Some won't make it up there all that early as they will be driving in on Saturday daytime proper as they got too far to go.

We still have the option to run the trip backwards, staring out at Blue Ridge (Sat 14th-Monday 16th), going to Dragon Lodge (Tuesday 17th night)  and then to your place last (Weds 18th night - Sunday 22nd AM).   This might make a little better sense for the long distance driving and scattered arrival times we would have if we went to Lynchburg first.  It gives MM a much cleaner shot at planning his 2 events, the Jack Daniels plant and the Bike Rally.

Going to Blue Ridge first might work out better for Old-Rider as his wife can go there with him first then she can split for home when we go up to the evil twisty dangerously waggy Dragonne's posterior thingie.

Who knows, I might ask mine if she wants to go to Blue Ridge too, just so she won't feel all neglected if she finds out another wife went.

« Last Edit: 10/28/13 at 18:55:25 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #93 - 10/28/13 at 20:38:36

I'm good either way !  Wink   Retirement life is good !!!!  Cool

You fellers who arn't there yet deside ! Cool  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #94 - 10/30/13 at 02:45:03

Yup, need input from the other players.  I think playing it backwards can be better for the inbound travel portion and maybe better for Old-Rider and his wife should they make it to the Blue Ridge part.  

We got scattered commitment so far on the Blue Ridge section with Dave wanting the Dragon portion and 3 of us wanting the MM portion.

Lets see if we can learn which portions folks are most interested in as the entire trip may be a little bit much for some folks.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #95 - 10/30/13 at 03:03:20

A poll, which allows us to collect a bit of data ONLY FROM THOSE WHO ARE GOING.   Allows us to see which parts are winners and which parts might be trimmed.   You can vote multiple times (if you are declared on going).

=====================

If you are going you need to vote on the items you are interested in doing.   Why vote?   Well, if you don't offer your input all the items not "liked" are going to get cut from the trip.  

Right now the answer would be "Go to MM's for whiskey tour and rally for 4 days", mainly because none of you have offered input other than your silence.

If you don't like what you picked first off you can always change it by deleting your original vote and replacing it.

« Last Edit: 10/31/13 at 09:13:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #96 - 10/30/13 at 06:17:47

I am flexible and will show up for 3-4 days of the fun.....and whatever days you decide......I am in for a part of it.

For Saturday the 21st, if I entered my bike in the show from 2-3 PM, would I still have time to enter the Grass Racing event at 3:30? Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #97 - 10/30/13 at 11:22:11

Dave don't joke about it.  If  you enter you might just win - your bike is really really beautiful.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #98 - 10/30/13 at 13:02:40

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 10/30/13 at 11:22:11:

Dave don't joke about it.  If  you enter you might just win - your bike is really really beautiful.

When I went to the "Bike Night" at Quaker Steak & Lube and saw the incredible quality of the custom bikes that show up there.....my bike pales in comparision.

This winter I will do the paint and a front fender.....and that will certaily make my bike look more finished - But my chances of doing well racing on grass is probably pretty poor with my slicky road tires!  (The bikes are on the grass right......not the rider?)

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #99 - 10/31/13 at 09:20:13

According to what people have indicated they want to do so far the trip is going to be a shorter half week time span, people show up at MM's place on  Weds June 18th and leave on Sunday June 22nd.   MM will have a Jack Daniels whiskey plant tour and a motorcycle rally and lots of other daily excitement for us to do.   Me, I can always bust a berm for a bit, so I am good with it.

This is with over half the group reporting (and all of the ones committed to go at this time)

We'll talk some more when we get closer in if anybody wants anything more/different.

« Last Edit: 11/10/13 at 21:33:05 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #100 - 11/12/13 at 20:38:14

Ok fella's the wife is talking like she might wanna take a two week vacation next year, paid or not.  So its looking good on my end so far, although she insists that she should be ready to ride with the guys.. so maybe a family affair? or we keepin' it maybe one week guys only? LOL, wife says what ever.... she could drive the truck with her bike on the trailer and I could ride mine home by myself.... or if we ramp load, she will just leave the bike in the back of the truck till I get home.

Smiley

Threw my vote up there for start at MM's, and Blue ridge, although I would like to ride the dragon at least one day, but not stay at the lodge. Is MM's closer to the dragon than blue ridge camp? We will probably visit her moms resting place then head to MM's for the rally day maybe? or the whiskey tour, how ever you set it up.
Guess I'll put in for the "honeymoon sweet" at the blue ridge when ever we get a set date for length of stays.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #101 - 11/13/13 at 08:36:13

Old-Rider

Other than the group accomodations and shower sharing (one at a time), I can't see anything we do that would prevent the event from being Co-Ed!

There may be an excursion or two for "adventurous" riders....never know when OF is going to throw a gravel road into the mix!  I would sure vote to go ride that 30 mile section of roadway that is just like the Dragon...except that it is deserted as the last 2 miles is gravel.  Maybe we could do the 30 miles of pavement....stop for a picnic lunch of cheese crackers and a rest for the throttle and brake hands.........and then turn around and ride it back!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #102 - 11/13/13 at 10:21:32

the last 2 miles is gravel.  Maybe we could do the 30 miles of pavement....stop for a picnic lunch of cheese crackers and a rest for the throttle and brake hands.........and then turn around and ride it back!

Dave I like that idea !  Wink

OldRider
Its a nice day ride from my house to either the Dragon or BlueRidge camp.  
Hwy 30 is a nice mix of road from middle TN. to Tellocoplains and from there we jump on the SkyWay , cross into NC. and either go north to the Dragon or South to BlueRidge Camp.  

Either way sound like  Grin FUN  Grin to me !

From the BlueRidgeCamp to DragonCentral is only half-a-day at most.

My barn loft is just-about perfect for settting up a cot.  I was hoping if we start at my place that SouthPaw and a few others from the mid-section of the Country would join in  Tongue .   Heck ! East Texas and  Memphis area ain't but a days ride from here .  Roll Eyes

Look-up Lynchburg,Tn. the map.

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #103 - 11/13/13 at 12:09:09

Heh... i'm ok with any sleepin' arrangement, HOWEVER... when the opposite sex is involved there are always girly things to involve a stay over. I might fix up my truck bed like I used to do when I was in stationed in Colorado. I made a tent/tarp cover for the bed of the truck and had a large air mattress and a sleeping bag, kept me up off the ground from critters and had a tent/tarp over my head incase of dew or rain, and with the cab and a half I still have storage for a cooler and cooking gear if needed.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #104 - 11/13/13 at 14:45:45

old_rider wrote on 11/13/13 at 12:09:09:
Heh... i'm ok with any sleepin' arrangement, HOWEVER... when the opposite sex is involved there are always girly things to involve a stay over. I might fix up my truck bed like I used to do when I was in stationed in Colorado. I made a tent/tarp cover for the bed of the truck and had a large air mattress and a sleeping bag, kept me up off the ground from critters and had a tent/tarp over my head incase of dew or rain, and with the cab and a half I still have storage for a cooler and cooking gear if needed.

I was prepared to do that same thing at WD's in Sept. but Michael had a tent with him so did not have to.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:41:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.