Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Liberal and progressive groups targeted by the IRS (Read 313 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Liberal and progressive groups targeted by the
Reply #15 - 06/26/13 at 10:49:30

To put it in english for the hard of copmprehension ...

Nothing newer than middle of may, and all of it from Right wing papers and blogs.

Sorry - that was then, this is now ... he said no targeting then ... but later the papers for targetting was found. Since he was a republican appointee ... the republicans questioned a republican appointee, who turned around and blamed themselves.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #16 - 06/26/13 at 10:59:14

From the Daily Caller - for those who prefer to not follow links.

Twelve different IRS units nationwide targeted conservatives

Posted By Patrick Howley On 9:21 AM 06/25/2013 In Politics | No Comments

Twelve different groups within the IRS targeted conservative organizations applying for tax-exempt nonprofit status, according to the attorneys representing tea party plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit against the IRS.

The revelation disproves the suggestion by a top congressional Democrat that only one IRS group was responsible for scrutinizing tea party and conservative applications.

Group 7821, Group 7822, Group 7823, Group 7824, Group 7827, Group 7828, Group 7829, Group 7830, Group 7838, EOG-7887, and EOG-7888, and the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division in Washington, D.C. all targeted conservative groups between 2010 and 2012, according to documentation compiled by the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), which has filed a class-action suit against the IRS.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, the top Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee investigating the IRS targeting scandal, previously suggested that tea party applications were sent only to Group 7822 for scrutiny. Cummings released transcripts of an interview his staff conducted with John Shafer, an employee of the Cincinnati IRS office, who claimed that he sent tea party applications specifically to Group 7822.

“Based upon everything I’ve seen the case is solved,” Cummings said on CNN during a June 9 interview.

The ACLJ disagrees.

“[John] Shafer was just one individual describing his experience interacting with one group [Group 7822]. If he was only interacting with one group then his involvement in this process was minimal,” ACLJ senior counsel David French told The Daily Caller.

“Group 7822 was pinpointed because of the release from Rep. Cummings, which created the impression that there were one or two agents that referred to a single group,” French said. “In fact we are dealing with multiple IRS offices across the nation that were targeting conservative groups, and eleven different IRS groups beside Group 7822, including the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division in Washington. Each of these groups  was working on tea party and conservative cases.”

“After Rep. Cummings’ statement, the media fixated on Group 7822 as the patient zero of the outbreak when the reality is it was many groups, so the IRS hierarchy is much more implicated,” French said.

Between 2010 and 2012, the IRS sent letters to tea party applicants across the country demanding more information before their tax-exempt applications could be approved. On the upper left-hand corner of these letters, the IRS identified the working group within the agency requesting the information. Twelve different groups appeared on these letters, according to French.

The El Monte, California IRS office, for instance, sent a letter requesting additional information to Oklahoma City Patriots in Action, dated February 9, 2012,  which listed the IRS group EOG-7887 in the upper left-hand corner.

“We’re going to find out the differences between these IRS groups in litigation,” French said. “Which personnel were in each group? Was there overlap in personnel?”

It remains unclear whether these IRS groups existed prior to the targeting. It is also unclear whether these groups each had their own physical locations, according to French.

Despite claims by IRS officials that the targeting occurred only in the agency’s Cincinnati office, the ACLJ compiled letters proving that IRS offices in Washington, D.C. and the California cities of El Monte and Laguna Niguel also targeted conservatives. The Daily Caller has also reported that the agency’s Baltimore and Chicago offices engaged in the improper targeting.

Cincinnati-based IRS employee Elizabeth Hofacre told congressional investigators that Washington-based IRS lawyer Carter Hull oversaw her office’s targeting, and even instructed her on how to demand additional information from tea party groups. “I was essentially a front person, because I had no autonomy or no authority to act on [applications] without Carter Hull’s influence or input,” Hofacre said.

“We know that the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division in Washington, D.C. was involved, and that’s where Carter Hull and Lois Lerner were working. We have 14 letters directly from Lois Lerner,” French said. “When Lois Lerner said on May 10 that this was just a few agents in Cincinnati, we were literally holding in our hands 14 letters that she wrote to conservative groups.”

The IRS did not immediately return a request for comment.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #17 - 06/26/13 at 11:04:32

srinath wrote on 06/26/13 at 10:49:30:
To put it in english for the hard of copmprehension ...

Nothing newer than middle of may, and all of it from Right wing papers and blogs.

Sorry - that was then, this is now ... he said no targeting then ... but later the papers for targetting was found. Since he was a republican appointee ... the republicans questioned a republican appointee, who turned around and blamed themselves.

Cool.
Srinath.

Yes, for those who have difficulty with analytical and logical thinking, everything was pretty much settled and everything that happened has come out. Therefore all this extra crap is just that, crap, made up after the fact. This would have come out long ago were it true and it just isn't.

And, sorry to break it to you but Right Wing papers and blogs are all that can be trusted nowadays, along with foreign news outlets who do not suffer from Obama Fanboy/girl syndrome, at least not anymore.

This whole "liberals were targeted too" trope is just smoke and mirrors over two years too late.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 06/26/13 at 11:05:17

Wow Dane, Daily Caller Dane ? Why was Breitbart.com not available ?

Yea I'll say case closed ... you toalded us.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 06/26/13 at 11:06:58

srinath wrote on 06/26/13 at 11:05:17:

Cool.
Srinath.

Sorry, Chris Matthews is too busy calling anyone who disgrees with his boy-crush Obama a racist to cover any real news.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 06/26/13 at 11:07:30

Dane Allen wrote on 06/26/13 at 11:04:32:
And, sorry to break it to you but Right Wing papers and blogs are all that can be trusted nowadays, along with foreign news outlets who do not suffer from Obama Fanboy/girl syndrome, at least not anymore.

Oooo But ... but ... but I thought it was all librull media ?
No ? OK Right wing blogs to be trusted ... gotcha ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #21 - 06/26/13 at 11:08:49

Cool.
Srinath.

Feel free to provide any evidence to the contrary, or is discounting the messenger the only tool you have????

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #22 - 06/26/13 at 11:13:46

Dane Allen wrote on 06/26/13 at 11:06:58:

Cool.
Srinath.

Sorry, Chris Matthews is too busy calling anyone who disgrees with his boy-crush Obama a racist to cover any real news.

And so was lets see ... Faux news ? CBS ? NBC ? ABC ? PBS ? WSJ and all the Murdoch papers and news outlets ? Gotcha ... jus making sure.
OK The best is Daily Caller. They are the only ones not to busy to report real news right as its said by Mitt 'I paid 13% in taxes and told someone who lost her house in a flood to go home and call 311" RMoney. I should remember that for next time.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 06/26/13 at 11:18:53

OK lets try this -
http://www.npr.org/2013/06/25/195405956/irs-systematically-targeted-progressi...

It wasn't just Tea Party groups that had a "be on the lookout" list at the IRS. A "broad spectrum" of groups were also targeted for increased scrutiny on other lists, which the agency has stopped using under its new acting leader Danny Werfel.

The article is longer - use the link to read it.

CNN:- CNN Reports: IRS Also Targeted ‘Progressive’ Groups For Tax-Exempt Applications

With the new acting commissioner of the IRS Daniel Werfel releasing the first report on the agency’s targeting of conservative groups comes a big revelation: liberal groups received very similar treatment. CNN’s Dana Bash reported Monday afternoon that the term “progressive” was used by the IRS, in addition to conservative buzz words like “tea party” and “patriot” to identify applications by groups for tax-exempt status.

There is more, and from every reputable news service in the world.

Sorry Dane, someone's blog - well anyone can have a blog.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #24 - 06/26/13 at 11:32:57

Can't help but notice you are ignoring large groups of facts to make your point. I will post this bit a second time to help you remember:

"A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were in fact instructed to treat “progressive” groups differently from “tea party” groups. Whereas screeners were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for applications containing the word ”progressive” – 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from conducting any political activities – they were told to send those of tea-party groups off IRS higher-ups for further scrutiny.  That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not."

Where are all the affected liberal groups then? You still haven't answered how this is all coming out now, AFTER the investigation and Inspector General's report. I also notice how you gloss over treatment of the different groups. If liberal groups were singled out then it was probably to fast-track their approval before the election to help Obama or provide them with private data from conservative applications.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 06/26/13 at 11:46:23

Wowwweee ... National Review online ... I guess that is even better than Breitbart.com and Dailycaller.com huh ...

Sorry my bad, I did not see that opinion piece oops I mean Real accurate non biased and true factual piece. My bad. Like I said before ... You Toalded us. I guess that means we stay toalded.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #26 - 06/26/13 at 11:52:56

srinath wrote on 06/26/13 at 11:46:23:
Wowwweee ... National Review online ... I guess that is even better than Breitbart.com and Dailycaller.com huh ...

Sorry my bad, I did not see that opinion piece oops I mean Real accurate non biased and true factual piece. My bad. Like I said before ... You Toalded us. I guess that means we stay toalded.

Cool.
Srinath.

Dodge, Deflect, Evade  Grin Grin Grin

It is actually honorable to admit when you're argument is beat, regardless of what the liberal culture says. I prefer to deal with the facts and not criticize the messenger of the facts, so if that is all you have left at this point then I am satisfied I have proven my position successfully.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 06/26/13 at 11:57:07

The fact that you call "National review's opinion" as "fact" really tells me everything I need to know about your standards for truth.

Really ... That blog is right on par with Mother jones on the liberal side. And no Breitbart.com isn't much better ...

I have countered it ... I just cant find the National review level of fact ... I'd just have to settle for CNN. Sorry.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #28 - 06/26/13 at 12:08:55

srinath wrote on 06/26/13 at 11:57:07:
I have countered it ... I just cant find the National review level of fact ... I'd just have to settle for CNN. Sorry.

Cool.
Srinath.

Would you care to share it with the rest of us?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 06/26/13 at 12:25:28

Once again for the very hard of comprehension

Dane Allen wrote on 06/26/13 at 12:08:55:
srinath wrote on 06/26/13 at 11:57:07:

Cool.
Srinath.

Would you care to share it with the rest of us?

OK lets try this -
http://www.npr.org/2013/06/25/195405956/irs-systematically-targeted-progressi...

It wasn't just Tea Party groups that had a "be on the lookout" list at the IRS. A "broad spectrum" of groups were also targeted for increased scrutiny on other lists, which the agency has stopped using under its new acting leader Danny Werfel.

The article is longer - use the link to read it.

CNN:- CNN Reports: IRS Also Targeted ‘Progressive’ Groups For Tax-Exempt Applications

With the new acting commissioner of the IRS Daniel Werfel releasing the first report on the agency’s targeting of conservative groups comes a big revelation: liberal groups received very similar treatment. CNN’s Dana Bash reported Monday afternoon that the term “progressive” was used by the IRS, in addition to conservative buzz words like “tea party” and “patriot” to identify applications by groups for tax-exempt status.

There is more, and from every reputable news service in the world.

Sorry Dane, someone's blog - well anyone can have a blog.

Cool.
Srinath.

And you do know that news from 2013 from CNN and NPR trumps opinion from National review in 2010 right ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:31:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Liberal and progressive groups targeted by the IRS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.