Hey starlifter....... (Read 204 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Hey starlifter.......
06/09/13 at 04:55:21

What is it that you get from being so negative and antagonistic? Is it just an INTERNET thing or do you act this way in person? Are you saturating yourself with news programs from a source that holds similar views as your own?
I'm not trying to chide you in any manner, sorry if it appears as such, this format leave so much to be desired when it comes to dialog, and I'm wondering if my read/take on you is correct. To me it seems you're bitter at life, and you spend a lot of time justifying it, anger appears to be readily present in your life....even your tag line boast as such, as you direct it at others?????  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Re: Hey starlifter.......
Reply #1 - 06/09/13 at 07:59:41

raydawg wrote on 06/09/13 at 04:55:21:
What is it that you get from being so negative and antagonistic? Is it just an INTERNET thing or do you act this way in person? Are you saturating yourself with news programs from a source that holds similar views as your own?
I'm not trying to chide you in any manner, sorry if it appears as such, this format leave so much to be desired when it comes to dialog, and I'm wondering if my read/take on you is correct. To me it seems you're bitter at life, and you spend a lot of time justifying it, anger appears to be readily present in your life....even your tag line boast as such, as you direct it at others?????

I just read Starlifters last 25 posts and I did not see any negative and antagonistic writing. I also read your  last 25 posts. Neither of you seem negative or antagonistic to me. We all have our own personal styles and interest (Suzuki Savage/S40's shared interest) Some of your writings are very entertaining with a style that should make HallMark jealous.

I, myself, also have my particular writing style and interests. I try to avoid being negative, but I will criticize when I feel it is justifiable. I also try to avoid labeling myself in a left/right--liberal/conservative manner. Those that do are defining themselves with narrow characterizations. That plays into the divide and conquer disposition of certain controlling forces (ex. government). Why can't a person have views that vary from liberal to conservative in degrees on various issues?

I am comfortable with who I am. I have 61 years of experience living my life. Also my dogs love me and they are excellent judges of character. Smiley

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 06/09/13 at 10:27:43

Star tells the group exactly how it is. Sometimes we disagree but we don't let it come between us and life goes on. Star and I have communicated outside the forum and as far as I'm concerned he's a great person. If someone doesn't disagree with whats going on in Washington we'll be taken for the ride of our lives.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/09/13 at 11:09:52

I disagree with so much that the Pro Military say.

Let me assure you, dying while in uniform does not a "hero" make.,.
Not one military "intervention" I can think of since Ive been an adult was necessary to the future of America for the safety, security or prosperity of the People.
I dont understand "Thanking" them for their service , since their use of weapons against those in other places accomplished nothing towards saving America from a threat. Dont want terrorism? Stop messing with other people,.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #4 - 06/09/13 at 12:01:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/09/13 at 11:09:52:
I disagree with so much that the Pro Military say.

Let me assure you, dying while in uniform does not a "hero" make.,.
Not one military "intervention" I can think of since Ive been an adult was necessary to the future of America for the safety, security or prosperity of the People.
I dont understand "Thanking" them for their service , since their use of weapons against those in other places accomplished nothing towards saving America from a threat. Dont want terrorism? Stop messing with other people,.,

People join the service for many reasons. education, patriotism, travel, etc.. I too served in the Navy when I was young. I can't blame the people that join, because like me, they believe the propaganda that the matrix programs them to believe not realizing that the wool is being pulled over their eyes..
It is the scum that control the matrix and mess with other people and countries that are to blame. It is the greedy that are only concerned with becoming more wealthy that have under-thrown the government that great men of the past created. Ever notice that all the countries that the U.S. has invaded to protect the poor people from an evil leader in the recent past have all been sitting on some wealthy resource? Of course these critters pretending to have the interests of U.S. will create propaganda in order to sell these invasions to the gullible.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/09/13 at 13:36:00

Heck, I joined. I wore the Nam service medal, tho, I never left the states. I was in the Air Farce from 73 to 76. Im not denigrating those who "serve" Im just saying that That "Service" , regardless of Why they believed they should sign up, was not necessary to keep America free from
some threat. My rights arent being ruined by anyone outside of DC.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #6 - 06/09/13 at 14:28:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/09/13 at 13:36:00:
Heck, I joined. I wore the Nam service medal, tho, I never left the states. I was in the Air Farce from 73 to 76. Im not denigrating those who "serve" Im just saying that That "Service" , regardless of Why they believed they should sign up, was not necessary to keep America free from
some threat. My rights arent being ruined by anyone outside of DC.

I agree.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 06/09/13 at 19:02:23

"To me it seems you're bitter at life, and you spend a lot of time justifying it, anger appears to be readily present in your life."

Hi raydawg!

Anger?? Not a happy person?? ...yup, you misread me big time!

Woo Hoo! I do cartwheels in the green grass of happiness and skip high towards the blue heavenly skies of joy! Grin

Ha ha, all kidding aside. I don't let anyone's insecurities, emotions, or opinions bother me. I know that if I am happy, that's all that matters to me.

One of my most pleasant and fulfilling couple of hours a day is coming to this site and verbally sparring with, or amicably agreeing with all my friends here.

I live with the love of my life, we still have pretty good health, and all of our needs are met. I think that is the quintessential definition of happiness.

BTW -  My tagline? meh, just reflects my political views.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 06/09/13 at 19:52:02

Good deal, thanks. As I stated, this format leaves a lot to be desired, kinda hard to really grasp the fine nuance from fun sparring/debating, to lock, stock, and barrel closed mindedness, or at least it is for me in this arena  Cheesy

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 06/09/13 at 19:56:14

Keep posting my friend. Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 06/10/13 at 09:54:47

I think them for their service, whether it was morally right or wrong. A lot of brainwasinging and lying went on from Washington and at the time they give up 2-4 years of the best age of their life. At the very least they didnt sh!t in their pants for a week like Nuge to get out of it. A lot of them were brainwashed by Recruitment Agents. Talk to some of those guys now, they have a whole new perspective on war.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #11 - 06/12/13 at 19:01:47

Starlifter wrote on 05/07/13 at 19:41:57:
Greetings Dane Allen, was wondering what sewer you recently crawled out of. So, you're another example of right-wing assholery in action eh?

I always figured RW assholery was rooted in a genetic inadequacy...you like Webster seem to fit this profile perfectly...snicker..

BTW Daney, like Webster I pretty much figure that you also were too chickensh!t for military service.
All gung-ho for war but too chickensh!t to join the military. You two would rather be nameless faces cackling about how great war is instead..

And Jesus God! People like you two are allowed to vote and drive cars?? And breed??? Good God in heaven, the end times must be near.

You think your stupid rightwing screeds sway the opinion of intellagent people here?...than you two are dumber than I thought.

Oh, and another thing Daney, You like Webster, are just one more ignoramus in a long line of them I have dealt with in the past... Oh wait, I mean "IgnorANUSE" ...

(Ignoranus: A person who is both dumb as sh!t AND an not a very nice person.)

So, you both think my urging to bring civility and respect to this forum is laughable? (Yes, I should have known better..my bad). You say I doube down on the nastiness?...You aint seen nastiness yet buddy.

So fine, bring it on assholes, you are no match for people who believe in reason and truth.

When you can post a coherent thought in English, we can have a discussion about the relative intelligence of individuals based on ideology.

Until then, F-off.

There is a saying that goes something like you can tell the character of a man by the way he unravels Christmas lights. I believe the point of the saying is that the real person usually comes out when suffering from some sort of anxiety or frustration. It is also said Character is what you do when no one is watching, maybe anonymous posting counts as not being seen, I don't know. Anyway, just sharing my experience with the OP topic.

Update: Oh, and the above comes from the new civility...

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 06/12/13 at 19:13:21

This was a PM to you?

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #13 - 06/12/13 at 22:39:55

raydawg wrote on 06/12/13 at 19:13:21:
This was a PM to you?

Nope, open TT thread. Search "sewer"  Smiley

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/13/13 at 05:31:57

I always figured RW assholery was rooted in a genetic inadequacy...you like Webster seem to fit this profile perfectly...snicker..

BTW Daney, like Webster I pretty much figure that you also were too chickensh!t for military service.
All gung-ho for war but too chickensh!t to join the military. You two would rather be nameless faces cackling about how great war is instead..

I didn't see this until now.

Star; I've caught you flat out lying in the past as well as showing you completely misunderstand simple concepts so for you to even type the words genetic inadequacies tells me it was another cut and paste by you.

and Surprise! Surprise! Star cites his military service yet again! You sound like John Kerry!

You are the stereotypical little guy with a big gun, car, boat etc... compensating for what he knows he doesn't have. Your constant bravado about your service tells us a lot about the your time there....

Why don't you try being a bit more honorable about the uniform and shut the hell up about it......

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 02:23:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hey starlifter.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.