srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Hey starlifter.......
Reply #15 - 06/13/13 at 07:58:02

raydawg wrote on 06/12/13 at 19:13:21:
This was a PM to you?

Raydawg: Dane loves to pull threads out of context and out of the blue without regard to what was the norm at that time and what dane posted to provoke that and throw them into the middle of an un related topic.

That should provide you with the context you need.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #16 - 06/13/13 at 09:05:17

srinath wrote on 06/13/13 at 07:58:02:
raydawg wrote on 06/12/13 at 19:13:21:
This was a PM to you?

Raydawg: Dane loves to pull threads out of context and out of the blue without regard to what was the norm at that time and what dane posted to provoke that and throw them into the middle of an un related topic.

That should provide you with the context you need.

Cool.
Srinath.

I was wondering what was taking you soo long to dodge, deflect and evade.

Out of context? What a joke!!!
The norm at the time?? Even funnier  Grin Grin
And what I posted to "provoke" the response? Yes, please, everyone go see if what I posted warranted such a viscious and violent response. It proves the civility nod was just a farce in the first place and he was never serious about it.

That is why it took you soo long, there is no defense for that but it won't stop you from trying!  Grin Grin I'm kinda disappointed that you didn't have a better ruse or tangent to foist on us rather than just naked "blame the victim" tired meme of old.

All from the guy that calls us teabaggers and rape supporters. Context...what a joke!!! Grin Grin Grin

(oh, and thanks for helping get my post count up - inside joke from another thread Smiley )

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 06/13/13 at 09:14:20

ONCE AGAIN for the very hard of comprehension - No one is calling you anything ...

I call TEA baggers TEA baggers ... not assigning it to you or anyone else.

No one is calling you or any one else here a "rape supporter". I was only calling those that support rape like the posted examples before Todd Akin etc - as rape supporters. Again not assigning it to you or anyone else.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 06/13/13 at 17:46:19

Dane.....
I remember hearing, or reading, something many years ago. I'm 60 now, so I'll guess I was in my early teens.....
I don't know who its attributed to, but it goes like this, "You lie the loudest, when you lie to yourself."

I didn't grasp the meaning way back then, but it has always stuck with me. Not till many years later, when I confronted my alcoholism, did I begin to understand its ramifications....

For decades I drank the poison, hoping the other person, would die. You could also say I let situation, and circumstance justify my actions/beliefs, blaming, instead of looking deep inside myself, for the root cause of why I needed to strike out against others, to feel good about myself, which, of course, feeling good was only temporary, just as getting drunk, which provided the same escape.

Peace comes from within, no other person, or government can give it to you...... period.

Dorthy had to screw up the lives of a scarecrow, lion, tin-man, and a couple of witches too, before she came to realize where happiness lies.

What people say is truth, isn't..... all of us think what we believe is truth, its not, only to us. That is why real peace can only come once we accept ourselves, as we are, does it allow us to become free of assumptions, taking things personal, allowing us to be impeccable with our words, and to always do our best...which varies from day, to day.

We are of free will, to choose, our natural state is joy, not anger, love, not hate.... 

If we experience any of those adverse emotions, we need to eradicate it from our lives so we can be free, and the telling will be in our actions towards others, in a manner that fosters love, and understandings, not self promotion or division.

Think about it..... 

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 06/13/13 at 21:09:32

For decades I drank the poison, hoping the other person, would die. You could also say I let situation, and circumstance justify my actions/beliefs, blaming, instead of looking deep inside myself, for the root cause of why I needed to strike out against others, to feel good about myself, which, of course, feeling good was only temporary, just as getting drunk, which provided the same escape.

Peace comes from within, no other person, or government can give it to you...... period.

AS I read the above I understood & I know it to be true,,

What people say is truth, isn't..... all of us think what we believe is truth, its not, only to us.

OOOPS,, Not so,, Often we are correct. What we say IS true. Others who dont agree? Well,, theyre still lying loudly.. to themselves,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #20 - 06/13/13 at 22:10:25

raydawg wrote on 06/13/13 at 17:46:19:
Think about it..... 

Not quite sure what you are getting at, not sure you meant to direct this to me. I saw your thread with the observations you made and added the experience I had that was somewhat similar to what you experienced. But I can assure you that any negativity here is eradicated from my life. The insults, slurs and hate affect me not in the slightest. Wink

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #21 - 06/13/13 at 22:28:29

Anyone I disagree with on this forum is welcome at my house and I'll fire the grill up. Just because we disagree I'm missing a great chance to hear the other side and make a new friend. Neither right nor left are perfect, both have their faults and I would consider it a mistake not to make a new friend. Sri and I don't agree with everything but we get together a couple of times a month and its fun.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 06/14/13 at 21:44:18

Dane Allen wrote on 06/13/13 at 22:10:25:
Think about it..... 

Not quite sure what you are getting at, not sure you meant to direct this to me. I saw your thread with the observations you made and added the experience I had that was somewhat similar to what you experienced. But I can assure you that any negativity here is eradicated from my life. The insults, slurs and hate affect me not in the slightest. Wink

Yes, it was directed at you, lifter had already chimed in. I thought that put a bow on the matter, but you felt so motivated to attach that reply/response which gave me the impression you were not done with this thread, and wanted to rebut his reply to me......even tho you say I had such an experience (exchange) with him, you're mistaken on that summation for he has never, nor I, exchanged such descriptive verbiage.

But if you all agree to this type of exchange, by all means, continue on, or "As you were"  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 06/14/13 at 23:26:22

Dane Allen wrote on 06/12/13 at 19:01:47:
There is a saying that goes something like you can tell the character of a man by the way he unravels Christmas lights.

If this is true,... I'm in so much trouble...
I shake the holy, hand-grenade out of them...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 06/15/13 at 08:01:10

Serowbot wrote on 06/14/13 at 23:26:22:
There is a saying that goes something like you can tell the character of a man by the way he unravels Christmas lights.

Hell.....I just leave em' up   Grin

I sorta gravitate toward this simple observation....

"There are two kinds of people in this world....those who return the shopping cart, and those who don't"  

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #25 - 06/17/13 at 11:20:58

raydawg wrote on 06/14/13 at 21:44:18:
Dane Allen wrote on 06/13/13 at 22:10:25:
Think about it..... 

Yes, it was directed at you, lifter had already chimed in. I thought that put a bow on the matter, but you felt so motivated to attach that reply/response which gave me the impression you were not done with this thread, and wanted to rebut his reply to me......even tho you say I had such an experience (exchange) with him, you're mistaken on that summation for he has never, nor I, exchanged such descriptive verbiage.

But if you all agree to this type of exchange, by all means, continue on, or "As you were"  Kiss

And that is kind of the position I find myself in with no easy answer. I was being pulled in several directions when you started this thread.  On one side, I am a believer in that lying with pigs only gets you muddy but especially I don't think everyone else in the TT wants to see that kind of viscious back and forth between members. I could easily go toe-to-toe and throw the vile right back at him but I chose not to. It accomplishes nothing other than proving I can be an A-hole too, but that's not me.

This is a forum about motorcycles with a "roped off" area where people can spar with each other over politics and religion, probably to keep this out of the Cafe or other parts of the forum and is a great idea. So do I ignore it this thread? Do I give him a platform to lob more hate at me and my like minded cohorts? Do I throw in a couple cheap shots? I decided to let his own words speak for him and let you all be the judge.

If you think that kind of verbiage is acceptable then that is your decision. If you think I had it coming, that is your decision. If you think no one deserves that, so be it. Your thread appears to have be created out of an observation that you had, I am sharing what I observed and expienced. I guess I could have just copied the post and not added anything at all. Anyway, I have made a conscious decision to not read the person's posts or interact with them in an effort to not subject myself or anyone else to this sort of whatever-you-wanna-call-it again.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #26 - 06/17/13 at 11:22:17

Serowbot wrote on 06/14/13 at 23:26:22:

Grin Grin Does it work? Because if it does then you are probably doing it right!!  Grin Grin

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #27 - 06/17/13 at 11:28:40

Midnightrider wrote on 06/13/13 at 22:28:29:
Anyone I disagree with on this forum is welcome at my house and I'll fire the grill up. Just because we disagree I'm missing a great chance to hear the other side and make a new friend. Neither right nor left are perfect, both have their faults and I would consider it a mistake not to make a new friend. Sri and I don't agree with everything but we get together a couple of times a month and its fun.

Yes, and we have a love of motorcycles in common. Srinath, at times, has some very comeplling points and other times he is way off base. I thought the whole Bilder-bear discussion with JOG was hilarious, and I know Sri tries to rile us up on purpose. The only thing I will say is he's been remided several times that the teabagger slur and pro-rape thing are extremely offiensive to some people and has been asked to stop. That will go a long way to bringing true civility to this forum.

If ever in NC, I will stop by, unless you have Sero's "No Lowlifes" policy.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 04:31:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hey starlifter.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.