Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Budget Cuts? How hard can it be?... (Read 916 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Budget Cuts? How hard can it be?...
Reply #135 - 03/29/13 at 20:43:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/28/13 at 13:21:52:
Costs of war hit several years after a war. The biggest claims from WW2 were in the mid/late 70's. Certainly that would be a cue to you to blame Carter then huh.

SHOW me these "claims".. The COST of the war was Immediate. The ENTIRE population "gave",, there were bonds sold to support it, people ran scrap metal drives,
Claims sounds like a legal battle, wherein people brought suit against the US for damages.,

OK it took a little looking, especially to find a source you wont call bogus - and here it is -

World War I, which ended 94 years ago, continues to cost taxpayers about $20 million every year. World War II? $5 billion.

Compensation for WWII veterans and families didn't peak until 1991 — 46 years after the war ended — and annual costs since then have only declined by about 25 percent. Korean War costs appear to be leveling off at about $2.8 billion per year.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/20/us-still-paying-for-costs-civil-war-anal...

I guess I mis remembered something ... its even worse than I misremembered.

So no, WW2 didn't have it all paid up, and Bushies wars are all unpaid and not even peaked and will not for maybe 30-40 years.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #136 - 03/29/13 at 20:47:28

bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 14:44:51:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/28/13 at 12:33:41:
bill67 wrote on 03/27/13 at 19:38:52:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/27/13 at 15:59:23:
bill67 wrote on 03/27/13 at 13:54:38:
We have a good tax system,Clinton had no problem with it.You don't start wars and lower the tax rates,Best not to start a war,But if some dummie does you have to raise taxes to pay for the war, thats the way we have always done it.

It would take Bush 32 years to spend what Obama has done in his first 4 years in office. That is with two wars!! While I am not an advocate for war by any stretch of the imagination, the wars were not what has damaged our economy. It's the growth of federal government fueled by taxes. Taxes are the steroids that government is addicted to and Greece is where we are headed when we hit rock bottom.

What is your suggestion on paying off our debt,We could stop sending tomorrow that don't pay off our debts.

That is incorrect and the reason is we are bringing in historically high levels of taxes, one reason the economy is doing so bad. Don't have exact numbers at the moment but I recall something like 2.3 Trillion in revenues is brought in and 3.5 Trillion is spent which is why out debt goes up 1.2 Trillion per year. If we stopped spending tomorrow and lowered business taxes then not only would the debt stop growing but we could start paying it off.

GWB tried that you see how well it worked.That and his wars drove us in to this depression.

No, it was the cooked financial deals Frank and Dodd cooked up and the spending increases. Geez, man, have you been watching Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy, France and/or the whole euro thing? Destroying jobs kills economies, penalizing business get us nowhere, massive debt ruins countries.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #137 - 03/29/13 at 21:04:21

Dane Allen wrote on 03/29/13 at 20:47:28:
bill67 wrote on 03/29/13 at 14:44:51:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/28/13 at 12:33:41:
bill67 wrote on 03/27/13 at 19:38:52:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/27/13 at 15:59:23:
bill67 wrote on 03/27/13 at 13:54:38:
We have a good tax system,Clinton had no problem with it.You don't start wars and lower the tax rates,Best not to start a war,But if some dummie does you have to raise taxes to pay for the war, thats the way we have always done it.

It would take Bush 32 years to spend what Obama has done in his first 4 years in office. That is with two wars!! While I am not an advocate for war by any stretch of the imagination, the wars were not what has damaged our economy. It's the growth of federal government fueled by taxes. Taxes are the steroids that government is addicted to and Greece is where we are headed when we hit rock bottom.

What is your suggestion on paying off our debt,We could stop sending tomorrow that don't pay off our debts.

That is incorrect and the reason is we are bringing in historically high levels of taxes, one reason the economy is doing so bad. Don't have exact numbers at the moment but I recall something like 2.3 Trillion in revenues is brought in and 3.5 Trillion is spent which is why out debt goes up 1.2 Trillion per year. If we stopped spending tomorrow and lowered business taxes then not only would the debt stop growing but we could start paying it off.

GWB tried that you see how well it worked.That and his wars drove us in to this depression.

No, it was the cooked financial deals Frank and Dodd cooked up and the spending increases. Geez, man, have you been watching Greece, Ireland, Spain, Italy, France and/or the whole euro thing? Destroying jobs kills economies, penalizing business get us nowhere, massive debt ruins countries.

Again sentence completion problems I see ... Its convenient to say it that way, it makes Obama look worse ... and I guess the rich will be hurt worse if its not the accepted course of action.

So let me complete the sentence ...

Massive debt ruins countries - if it was in currencies they can not print, at interest rates they cant grow at and with creditors who are not willing to lend them credit without an arm and a leg as collateral.
None of that applies directly to the US, we borrow in USD, we pay 0% interest and we have people tripping over themselves to hand us the $$$ and not even ask for collateral.

Even so, the resulting austerity hurts far worse.

Lets see this unfold and we will see all our follies washed away ...

WHEN not IF the euro collapses, the USD will look like gold ... as they say in a party where everyone is hammered blind drunk and lying face down in a pool of vomit, the guy who's only had 6 drinks and is managing to stay on his feet looks good to the lonely girl ... we may be stupid, we may have shot our foot, but we still look great compared to all the rest who shot their head.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #138 - 04/02/13 at 10:07:08

Quote:
WHEN not IF the euro collapses, the USD will look like gold ... as they say in a party where everyone is hammered blind drunk and lying face down in a pool of vomit, the guy who's only had 6 drinks and is managing to stay on his feet looks good to the lonely girl ... we may be stupid, we may have shot our foot, but we still look great compared to all the rest who shot their head.

Cool.
Srinath.

I refer you to the thread regarding the countries not using the Dollar for trade any longer. We are about to hit the skids real quick and our welfare dependant citizens are not prepared for real work. Time to get the Road Warrior movies and study up on survival. MASTERBLASTER run Barter Town!!!

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #139 - 04/02/13 at 11:15:14

[quote author=496C63684C616168630D0 link=1361799347/135#138 date=1364922428] Quote:
I refer you to the thread regarding the countries not using the Dollar for trade any longer. We are about to hit the skids real quick and our welfare dependant citizens are not prepared for real work. Time to get the Road Warrior movies and study up on survival. MASTERBLASTER run Barter Town!!!

The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go!

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #140 - 04/02/13 at 18:00:46

Dane Allen wrote on 04/02/13 at 10:07:08:
Quote:

Cool.
Srinath.

China and India have not been trading in USD for years. Going back to 1991, in the border towns (great for smuggled stuff cos china was not hitting badminton rackets with import tarriffs, and India did, most badminton rackets the cool yonex and carlton as well as shuttles were smuggled through bhutan or nepal) and we used to trade in Indian rupee or chinese yuan.

The article is about australia moving off the USD ... the rest were already on other currencies. Yuan was indexed to the dollar ... and still is. They can drop that, and we will promptly see prices for chinese junk rise steeply, and american stuff will be cheaper and it anyway is better ... they know that, they will get crushed, and they wont let that happen.

Anyway these countries are not trading in the USD between themselves any way right now, nor have they for the last 25 years, and they are not creating another currency ...

OTOH, the euro is going to die a spectacular death in the next 2 years.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #141 - 04/02/13 at 18:16:30

OTOH, the euro is going to die a spectacular death in the next 2 years.

I wouldnt be surprised at all.. I believe it was intended to die & to create the pain its gonna create. But, I see things differently.
That wont "save" the dollar. Its gonna continue to exist a good while longer, but the value is gonna drop off. Tho, when the Euro craps out, the $$ otta get a boost for a while, but, the long term p[lan is to transfer the wealth to the elite,, & what will they use as a currency to count their wealth IN? Who KNows, tho I suspect Gold will be a front runner,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #142 - 04/02/13 at 20:42:15

JOG - if the dollar drops in value we will buy american over chinese. We win, the chinese lose.
If the dollar rises in value, we can buy their junk for less $, we win, they lose.
But you have to remember, its not about handing the chinese a loss, its about our oligarchs (the ones pulling the strings) that determine this game.
Those oligarchs dont want to see a weak USD. That would undermine their $ denominated wealth.  We therefore will not see a weak dollar. If we do atleast there will be a few oligarchs in more pain than the common man.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #143 - 04/03/13 at 09:42:27

srinath wrote on 04/02/13 at 20:42:15:
JOG - if the dollar drops in value we will buy american over chinese. We win, the chinese lose.
If the dollar rises in value, we can buy their junk for less $, we win, they lose.

Cool.
Srinath.

The problem is the time inbetween the change, or worse, a stall out in the change.

Say an American product costs $15 and the Chinese version cost $5 and the dollar errodes to a point where the American version is $11 and the Chinese version is $9 then no one is helped. The problem is the inbetween years where it takes the country to aclimate to the new valuations. Remember Stag-flation?

Unions will always make manufacturing in America uncompetitive but they will destroy our government long before I am ever proven wrong or right.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #144 - 04/03/13 at 10:06:11

Stag Flation? IM seeing Wiemar Republic,.,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #145 - 04/03/13 at 14:14:02

Dane Allen wrote on 04/03/13 at 09:42:27:
srinath wrote on 04/02/13 at 20:42:15:

Cool.
Srinath.

The problem is the time inbetween the change, or worse, a stall out in the change.

Say an American product costs $15 and the Chinese version cost $5 and the dollar errodes to a point where the American version is $11 and the Chinese version is $9 then no one is helped. The problem is the inbetween years where it takes the country to aclimate to the new valuations. Remember Stag-flation?

Unions will always make manufacturing in America uncompetitive but they will destroy our government long before I am ever proven wrong or right.

We are stalled right now, or were till 6 months ago. Now we are slowly crawling ... and no its not the lubrull policies of the Obama ...

Unions wont make manufacturing uncompetetive, cos they keep people form being killed on the job and the management goes ... meeeh, lets get the next starving Idiot in there ... Its only a matter of time before they unionise in china they have been sorta giving up on the "move to factories there already"

Anywhere in the world, the workers dont want to die in a factory no matter what. That in effect makes the whole world unionised.

And between $11 american and $9 chinese, I will take american anyday, chinese junk is awfully poorly made, if it costs $6 form the current example of $5 I'll bet that will make a 25% shift ... china knows this ... they know they make substandard junk ... they will not let their yuan rise.

And good we are talking about this instead of calling names ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #146 - 04/04/13 at 11:08:47

Quote:
We are stalled right now, or were till 6 months ago. Now we are slowly crawling ... and no its not the lubrull policies of the Obama ...

That you even had to say this is a Freudian slip. It has everything to do with Obama's policies to the extent that I say there is nothing else to blame but these proven failed policies.

Quote:
Unions wont make manufacturing uncompetetive, cos they keep people form being killed on the job

By putting themselves out of work and sending manufacturing oversees? Or are you talking about office jockey unions? Can we shut down OSHA then?

Quote:
and the management goes ... meeeh, lets get the next starving Idiot in there ...

Yeah, because that kind of reputation is soo good for business. I'm pretty sure I didn't choose a Savage because of the number of workers Suzuki killed.

Quote:
Its only a matter of time before they unionise in china they have been sorta giving up on the "move to factories there already"

Oh, in China they are all members of the union already, are you not familiar with the Communist system? The "Management" is very interested in rooting out concerned citizens for interrogation, torture & imprisonment ideas on how to improve working conditions.

Quote:
Anywhere in the world, the workers dont want to die in a factory no matter what. That in effect makes the whole world unionised.

This sounds similar to your yellow cake argument. It's not just workers that don't want to die in a factory, nonworkers don't want to die there either. Come to think of it, I don't want to die in a sunken ship, does that make me part of the Cruise Ship Passengers Union?

Is this why the Mafia and the Unions worked soo well together? Is racketeering even a real crime? I mean, come on!!!

Quote:
And between $11 american and $9 chinese, I will take american anyday, chinese junk is awfully poorly made, if it costs $6 form the current example of $5 I'll bet that will make a 25% shift ... china knows this ... they know they make substandard junk ... they will not let their yuan rise.

Have you owned a Chrysler or a Pontiac? You will take American if you can afford American but, if not, then you take Chinese or nothing like everyone else. My Pontiac Grand AM was made by GM but I sure wish I had gotten a Toyota or Honda instead. Those former Pontiac employees should give some of their high wages back to people like me who suffer from their horrible quality issues.

Quote:
And good we are talking about this instead of calling names ...

Cool.
Srinath.

If I recall correctly, I was the recipient of most of those hostile, negative and accusatory comments, but I can go back and review for sure.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #147 - 04/04/13 at 11:17:46

If the republicans had their way,A few thousand people would make $1,000,000 + a year and the rest would work for Chinese wages.Sorta like things were back in the days of the Rome Empire.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #148 - 04/04/13 at 11:41:53

Srin you are completely delusioned about working conditions in china.
been there, seen it, what we hear on the news tells me it wide spread.
the factory i visited had a perk for their worker, the dorm rooms had beds stacked four high instead of five.  Management said they were receiving complaints from the other factories about unfair conditions.

these factories work their workers till they're blind, then they toss them out.

unionize, right. the management rep wears jack boots and carries an ak.  strike that.

These workers depend on their american companies forcing better conditions required by independant human rights investigators.

WWW   IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #149 - 04/04/13 at 11:52:25

bill67 wrote on 04/04/13 at 11:17:46:
If the republicans had their way,A few thousand people would make $1,000,000 + a year and the rest would work for Chinese wages.Sorta like things were back in the days of the Rome Empire.

What is ironic here is that this is the goal of communists/socialists/liberals. Everyone is a slave to the nanny state where the "liberal elite" make all our choices for us. Such as how big our soft drinks can be, how we build a shed on our own property, which rights we can exercise and when. What you describe is the wet dream of every liberal wanna-be dictator who wants to decide what's fair and envisions themselves at the top.

What you have described is the polar opposite of what Republicans, Conservatives and Libertarians stand for. Freedom to achieve without interference from the government. It was Nancy Pelosi who complained about lowering congressional salaries because they need to be respected more than the common man(paraphrasing but that is what she really means).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 20:00:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Budget Cuts? How hard can it be?...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.