Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print
Budget Cuts? How hard can it be?... (Read 916 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Budget Cuts? How hard can it be?...
Reply #120 - 03/28/13 at 13:21:52

Costs of war hit several years after a war. The biggest claims from WW2 were in the mid/late 70's. Certainly that would be a cue to you to blame Carter then huh.

SHOW me these "claims".. The COST of the war was Immediate. The ENTIRE population "gave",, there were bonds sold to support it, people ran scrap metal drives,
Claims sounds like a legal battle, wherein people brought suit against the US for damages.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #121 - 03/28/13 at 13:22:18

Ok, I am going to try to take a different strategy with you, Srinath. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not really this immune to reason and are just yanking our chains just for the fun of getting people all riled up, which I understand can be fun. I also hope to learn something from these conversations with people who share an interest in the Savage as I do and to exercise and test my reasoning. I want to be sure I am still grounded in reality and not stuck in group think.

So, you have criticized me for making opinions even though I have tried to provide the link and backup documentation upon which my statements are founded. To avoid being hypocritical I will challenge you to do the same.

Quote:
Costs of war hit several years after a war. The biggest claims from WW2 were in the mid/late 70's. Certainly that would be a cue to you to blame Carter then huh.

Under what accounting system? Approximately how much was paid in the 70's, to whom and why? Was it just because politicians kicked the can down the road or is it just because the bonds came due then?

Quote:
Anyway we are seeing a huge number of people coming back alive, but greivously hurt (when they'd have died on the field in the past) and its costing us $$$.

What about survivor benefits paid in the past? People still got paid, regardless of whether someone died or not. I read an article recently about an old lady whose father died in the Civil War and is still receiving benefits.

Quote:
Plus Baby boomers have started retiring. We pay them when they do as we are obligated to, In fact its shot up form 0% under bush (the oldest was 62) to like 5% in the 5 years of Obama - cos they are now 67.

No one retired or received Social Security under Bush? What is the point here?

Quote:
Baby boomers also are not dying,

The new death panels will fix that little descrepancy...

Quote:
but needing treatment - ergo we pay them too. Again 0% under Bush, 5% under Obama - what is that as a percentage increase Dane ? yes infinite % increase.

What percent of the budget is this? How much annually? How much is being set aside to account for this? Why cut 700 billion from Medicare then?

Quote:
Then we have a crumbling infrastructure which Obama is starting to fix. Bush ignored this. Again an infinite percentage rise.

What is Obama starting to fix? What projects that don't involve heavy kickbacks to supporters are being worked? Please link supporting information. What did Bush ignore? What project did Bush kill or defer that added to the "crumbling" of infrastructure? Please cite sources and there is no rush, please take your time.

Quote:
I could go on and on.

Along with detailed sources I hope.

Quote:
Basically Obama is spending $$$ on good things.

Examples with supporting information, please. And if you say one word about High-Speed rail then you and I are done forever. FYI, high speed rail is a $100 billion liberal boondoggle in California that starts nowhere and goes nowhere, but really fast, to help clear up traffic on the freeways. It's like 1,000 bridges to nowhere all lined up.

Quote:
Like repair, rebuild, retirement and treatment when true interest rates are near negative. Bush spent it on unfunded Wars based on his prejudice with bad intel as cover, and by inflating a financial bubble with the primary idea of deflecting the attention from a failing economy and bailing out his friends when the bubble deflated when interest rates were though not big, they were definitely positive.

Do you have any supporting information for any of this? And not from the Matthews, Maddow, Olberman, crowd, I mean real, unbias facts. Btw, wasn't WW1 and WW2 unfunded when they began? Who did Bush bail out? How did Bush inflate the financial bubble? Please provide documentation or retract.

Quote:
You can spend trillions when interest rates are near 0 and inflation is 3-5% and if you spend 100 trillion, you need to return 97-95 trillion.

At this point I question your basic understanding of factoring interest. What happens when the rates go up to 15-20% and it's time to refi 10 of 20 trillion in deft. Sure the last 10 trillion has a few more years at a swet rate but the new interest rate on the first 10 trillion is gonna sting a little...If you are advocating sabotaging the value of the dollar in an effot to screw the creditors then I refer you to Bing.com and search Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe.

Quote:
You can borrow from foreigners as much as we want as long as it is in USD and print it and hand it to the when they decide they want it back.

You can borrow $$ as long as you pay it back--nothing controvercial here.

Quote:
Yes printing $$$ hurts ... not the people who spend most of their income every month - it hurts those who got a huge stash of cash.

Please return to Bing.com and search "inflation" with regard to the effects it has on retirement accouts and the elderly on fixed incomes.

Quote:
We dont care, we can print, except the super rich, dont want us to do that.

Neither do the lower class, the middle class or the upper class. Pretty much anyone who doesn't want to pay $2,500 for a can of beans doesn't want unlimited printing of money.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #122 - 03/28/13 at 13:27:14

Well,, lets see what logic does,, good luck.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #123 - 03/28/13 at 14:09:34

The soldiers who have lost 2 limbs get over $200,000 a years,Some young one will be getting that 60 and more years from now.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #124 - 03/28/13 at 16:08:24

Quote:
For example: We are bringing in historically high levels of taxes off the middle class and the poor. We need to extend that courtesy to the rich.

The top 1% pay 60% of the tax and the bottom 40% pay nothing. Since we are combatting opinions I pledge to look up more accurate details and present them to the community.

Quote:
Example 2: The economy is doing so bad after collapsing under bush, and slowly crawling back up.

Again, it collapsed after the liberals took over the legislature after 6 years of positives. (This is fact) It could have been coming back at triple the level it is now if Democrats would allow it (definitely an opinion about the democrats holding us back)

Quote:
Example 3: 3.5 trillion is spent because of 2 unfunded wars and a whole bunch of unfunded obligations which have just come to the payout stage due to baby boomers retiring.

Supporting documents please. 3.5 trillion is what Obama/Reid spend in a year. Even if the two wars cost 3.5 trillion over 8 years of Bush, that is still a drop in the bucket conpared to what we spend annually. Obama could end the war today if he wanted.

Quote:
Example 4: If we lowered business taxes and beld the middle class and the poor dry, then not only can we pay off the debt, we can help the rich, the super rich and the uber rich (see that is all 3 classes of people) by making their $$$$ stashes worth more and more that they can all move up, for example the Rich can become super rich, the super rich can be Uber rich, and the Uber rich can become mondo rich - and that's what we call all around upward mobility.

What's wrong with that? Why knock a guy for working hard and being successful? Most of us have jobs because those rich you despise innovate and start companies. If you hate your employer soo much then just quit working and don't buy the super rich man's motorcycle parts. That'll show 'em.

Live off road kill, ride a donkey everywhere and use plastic bags for clothes. It's hard to agree with you when you claim to have had all these rich corporation made motorcycles.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #125 - 03/28/13 at 16:11:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/28/13 at 13:27:14:
Well,, lets see what logic does,, good luck.

I have a friend who is hyper liberal like this too and he breaks under the weight of logic and reason everytime. A good dose of sarcasm helps the cause too but I've known the guy a long time so, as the new guy, I will withold that from this forum.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #126 - 03/28/13 at 16:29:26

Having seen your ability to put a logical rebuttal together, Im willing to bet your sarcasm would cut deep.. Please, let it fly..

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #127 - 03/29/13 at 05:53:31

Dane, I am not your answer man - look it up, its all there. Shovel ready projects etc, returning vets payments, ww2 and ww1 payments for medical expenses etc ... I am sorry I have to do my taxes, cos I work, so rich people dont have to.

You need to stop listening to Faux News for that. Try NPR or your local re broadcaster maybe.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #128 - 03/29/13 at 06:00:23

[quote author=5B7E717A5E73737A711F0 link=1361799347/120#124 date=1364512104] Quote:
The top 1% pay 60% of the tax and the bottom 40% pay nothing. Since we are combatting opinions I pledge to look up more accurate details and present them to the community.

This may have worked with John Stossel and Al Sharpton ... I am not a race rage blinded moron like Al Sharpton, and you sir are definitely no John Stossel ...

The top 1% pay 10%-13% of their income in taxes.
The rest of us pay 22-30% of our income in taxes.

I just want those numbers be the same. The capital gains tax system has been used and abused by the rich, its robbing out system blind.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #129 - 03/29/13 at 06:41:48

Dane Allen wrote on 03/28/13 at 13:22:18:
Ok, I am going to try to take a different strategy with you, Srinath. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not really this immune to reason and are just yanking our chains just for the fun of getting people all riled up, which I understand can be fun. I also hope to learn something from these conversations with people who share an interest in the Savage as I do and to exercise and test my reasoning. I want to be sure I am still grounded in reality and not stuck in group think.

<lots and lots of bogus points deleted>

Look, I've posted lots of stats by govt accountability office and others (and no not by huffington post) about 7-8 months ago. This site deletes them past a few months.

So I cant spend many many hours pulling these up every few months when one more of you clueless newbies wanders in. You have to do it yourself, sorry.

And that 2006 democrats take the house and we go into recession after that = biggest bogus argument I have heard. Why ? The bond market in 2004-2005 was screaming recession recession recession ... Bush cluelessly still kept "Helicopter Ben" inflating the house bubble.

Essentially that is the only new point you have made. All the rest have been done and dusted.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #130 - 03/29/13 at 14:27:55

srinath wrote on 03/29/13 at 06:41:48:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/28/13 at 13:22:18:

<lots and lots of bogus points deleted>

Look, I've posted lots of stats by govt accountability office and others (and no not by huffington post) about 7-8 months ago. This site deletes them past a few months.

So I cant spend many many hours pulling these up every few months when one more of you clueless newbies wanders in. You have to do it yourself, sorry.

And that 2006 democrats take the house and we go into recession after that = biggest bogus argument I have heard. Why ? The bond market in 2004-2005 was screaming recession recession recession ... Bush cluelessly still kept "Helicopter Ben" inflating the house bubble.

Essentially that is the only new point you have made. All the rest have been done and dusted.

Cool.
Srinath.

Well, I tried  Sad  I wish you well.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #131 - 03/29/13 at 14:44:51

Dane Allen wrote on 03/28/13 at 12:33:41:
bill67 wrote on 03/27/13 at 19:38:52:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/27/13 at 15:59:23:
bill67 wrote on 03/27/13 at 13:54:38:
We have a good tax system,Clinton had no problem with it.You don't start wars and lower the tax rates,Best not to start a war,But if some dummie does you have to raise taxes to pay for the war, thats the way we have always done it.

It would take Bush 32 years to spend what Obama has done in his first 4 years in office. That is with two wars!! While I am not an advocate for war by any stretch of the imagination, the wars were not what has damaged our economy. It's the growth of federal government fueled by taxes. Taxes are the steroids that government is addicted to and Greece is where we are headed when we hit rock bottom.

What is your suggestion on paying off our debt,We could stop sending tomorrow that don't pay off our debts.

That is incorrect and the reason is we are bringing in historically high levels of taxes, one reason the economy is doing so bad. Don't have exact numbers at the moment but I recall something like 2.3 Trillion in revenues is brought in and 3.5 Trillion is spent which is why out debt goes up 1.2 Trillion per year. If we stopped spending tomorrow and lowered business taxes then not only would the debt stop growing but we could start paying it off.

GWB tried that you see how well it worked.That and his wars drove us in to this depression.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #132 - 03/29/13 at 15:33:48

Bush holds much blame, BUT, consider who were his advisers & remember, Congress controls the purse. OUr electeds have been , somehow, taken control of by the MIC & globalists.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #133 - 03/29/13 at 20:17:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/29/13 at 15:33:48:
Bush holds much blame, BUT, consider who were his advisers & remember, Congress controls the purse. OUr electeds have been , somehow, taken control of by the MIC & globalists.

Yea the military has eaten into our life and everything else. We really dont need a standing military, and really that is what the scond amendment is for.
Instead the NRA and the gun companies have turned it into legal cover for nutcases blowing away kids and they wont raise a finger against their biggest customer (the govt).

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #134 - 03/29/13 at 20:42:57

Oh Beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of drones.
Purple mountain's majesty, the NORAD deep cut home,
America America God shed his grace on thee,
so raise your hoods, your semi automatic glocks,
and bleed from sea to sea. Embarrassed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 15:03:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Budget Cuts? How hard can it be?...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.