Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Story Retraction: Authorities Say Newtown Shooter (Read 523 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Story Retraction: Authorities Say Newtown Shoo
Reply #75 - 03/21/13 at 16:57:51

No no no hell no to just letting people walk into schools with guns. Why ? cos someone can easily trial run a few times, see how it is, see how easy it is to walk into the school, where the easiest targets are etc etc then walk into the school and get to the easy location and blow them all away.

What we need is to keep the schools gun free except for the trained and armed and well screened people we have put in there. Maybe they can be teachers or other personnel, or outright cops or ex cops or other volunteers.

It needs to be a gun free zone except for the people we have trained and armed and dropped in there. That way someone is in the school one time and is armed, we could arrest them and lock em up before they kill anyone.

And gun permits and this and that etc etc just prove there are people on both sides of any problem. They are those that want to get guns before any new laws come in. I bought more bullets in the last few months than I did in the year before. I didn't shoot any either. Its a reaction to up coming laws.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #76 - 03/21/13 at 17:20:07

Well,, Lubys was gun free.. Now,, No signs,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #77 - 03/22/13 at 05:36:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/21/13 at 17:20:07:
Well,, Lubys was gun free.. Now,, No signs,,

It may work in texas, in luby's or any other ... but in a school where large numbers of people wander in and out (believe it or not, it is more than a luby's) it will be too dangerous to have just no signs and not known authorised armed people. Unless of course you want to had every 6 year old a gun. Cos even in spite of the adults they possibly out number them say 10 to 1. So guaranteed 90% are unarmed.

In some cases just being non gun free works, but in a school it does not.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #78 - 03/22/13 at 10:36:23

IDK hat "school" youre talkin about, but I dont know of ANY school you can walk up & walk into & not have to deal with someone,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #79 - 03/22/13 at 17:41:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/22/13 at 10:36:23:
IDK hat "school" youre talkin about, but I dont know of ANY school you can walk up & walk into & not have to deal with someone,

What you talking about ? I walk into my sons school all the time, I dont encounter anything but kids or other parents till I am ~30ft inside - and there too only if I opt to go in the office. I could walk nearly all the way through the school and not have any one ask me anything. I have dropped my son off @ chess club, 3/4 of the way into the main hallway, never had to deal with anyone.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #80 - 03/22/13 at 17:44:35

Where?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #81 - 03/22/13 at 18:47:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/22/13 at 17:44:35:
Where?

What you mean where ? you want to know what school ?

I'm going to guess its every school in Charlotte NC, in mecklenberg county. But the schools I have wandered into (I had reason to go to them, but unless someone stopped me I'd not have to tell them, till I was at the right location) - its a pretty long list - I went to several dozen cos I had something from autism society to hand to them - From aware fare they award teachers grants etc, and it has to be gives to schools in order to have them know and compete, and being married to the erstwhile Co-president makes me the official errand boy. All of this was in mid feb to early march 2013 cos aware fare is in april.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #82 - 03/22/13 at 19:22:50

There are guard shacks & closed gates at the high schools in east texas. IDK about the elementary school & such..

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 03/23/13 at 04:57:09

In both FL and here in CT we had an on-campus officer but there was no check point station, no metal detectors, no guard towers.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #84 - 03/23/13 at 07:58:41

There is nothing, no on campus nothing in NC. I saw a cop by the school few days after newtown, but now nothing. I guess they are debating what should be banned and that's what is important. The NRA needs to make sure everything that happens is toothless.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #85 - 03/23/13 at 12:48:07

You agree guns are needed but you somehow see the nra as YOur enemy?

Why? YOu dont even know how much you love them,,I, OTOH, despise them. They are part of the game. They work to allow gun control.. They helped in th 68 gun control act. Ive seen oard members recommend single shots as "all any good hunter needs". They are NOT 2nd amenment people,they suck

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #86 - 03/23/13 at 13:27:58

Well here in TX I know of at least 1 school that is taking matters into it's own hands and arming the teachers.  Van ISD school board voted in to allow certain faculty and employee's to carry during school and school events. They even paid for the concealed carry class and some additional 1 on 1 training if the teachers wanted it.

There was one incident though during the class during the 1 on 1 with one of the selected maintenance workers when his firearm was malfunctioning and the instructor was helping him with it, the gun had a accidental discharge and the bullet ricocheted and hit the maintenance worker in the leg.  The worker is fine and recovering with no ill effects from the wound.

I think it's a sad world we live in now that we are having to get an armed presence in our schools, but at least here in TX at least one of the schools is taking a stand and doing something to protect our children when the parents and other guiding influences out there won't teach our children the basic values that we were taught long ago.  It's one thing to tell our children to respect a firearm but a totally different thing to teach them the respect of life and the values of morality, which is something extremely lacking in the current generation of children being raised, as witnessed by the increase in violence within this group.

I saw alot of this starting when I was finishing up high school with the lack of discipline and structure in homes from the younger group of children coming up in the school below me, and it's just been escalating from there.

Sorry I'm starting to vent now and better stop since I'm getting off subject.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #87 - 03/24/13 at 09:09:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/23/13 at 12:48:07:
You agree guns are needed but you somehow see the nra as YOur enemy?

Why? YOu dont even know how much you love them,,I, OTOH, despise them. They are part of the game. They work to allow gun control.. They helped in th 68 gun control act. Ive seen oard members recommend single shots as "all any good hunter needs". They are NOT 2nd amenment people,they suck

I'd rather see a $100 per bullet tax payable cash only at purchase.

Then for schools, I'd find and screen a few paid employees who would be visibly armed @ every crucial location - all doors, play ground, and main intersections - My sons school I count about 7-8 locations - where there would be paid security professional personnel - we have tons of unemployment and military personnel would fit into this well. Volunteers could be whacko's or about to go over, and we need a full on screening and psych test.

Guns do have a purpose my friend. And I dont take the "Good guy with a gun" as in "unpaid unknown un screened random guy with a gun" - the "good guy with a gun" will be "qualified, tested and well known good guy with a gun" - This will be paid for by the $100 bullet tax. If we dont collect enough via bullet taxes, we'd print the $$ and we'd not listen to republicons squealing about government spending. Cos this is a problem they caused.

This is a 100 year problem. Too us over 100 years to get here, may take us over 100 years to get out if ever. Sorta like dumping chemicals into the ground. You can do it in a few years and have a problem bad enough it would never be solved.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
rfw2003
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yantis, TX
Reply #88 - 03/24/13 at 12:41:30

Well I just finished doing a little more searching, and it seems there are more schools here in TX where the school boards are voting in to allow teachers to be armed in the schools.  If you do a Google search for Texas schools arming teachers you will find several news articles on this naming some of the schools where this is happening.  The school boards have to approve which teachers or other faculty will be allowed to carry and they also have to get the ccl and training to be able to carry.

I guess like always we can count on us Texans to take the first step in using our firearms to protect ourselves and those around us regardless of what the rest of the U.S. thinks.

R.F.

1996 Savage, Corbin Seat, K&N filter, Slip Streamer Enterprise II windshield, LED bullet signals, Cat's eye LED tail light Ryca reverse cone long muffler
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #89 - 03/24/13 at 14:39:07

Texans love their guns ... much like New yorkers love their transhit and Californians love their cars.

For those states where there isn't hordes of teachers lining up to do more work for no more $$$ my suggestion could be used.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 03:21:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Story Retraction: Authorities Say Newtown Shooter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.