justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Running Wild
Reply #30 - 02/14/13 at 10:06:49

Paladin. wrote on 02/14/13 at 08:59:21:
srinath wrote on 02/14/13 at 08:29:34:
...Seriously, a $100 bullet tax will work wonders....

Prohibition worked, didn't it.

Oh....  wait....  it didn't work.  Instead in created "big crime."    People actually drank more.

About a decade ago Canada doubled the tax on cigarettes.  Instead of doubling tax revenues the money went down.  Previously honest people went over the border to buy cheaper US cigarettes -- selling to friends.

If you want the gangs to get bigger, try taking guns and ammo away from previously honest people.

Yep..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 02/14/13 at 19:36:00

Paladin. wrote on 02/14/13 at 08:59:21:
srinath wrote on 02/14/13 at 08:29:34:
...Seriously, a $100 bullet tax will work wonders....

Prohibition worked, didn't it.

Oh....  wait....  it didn't work.  Instead in created "big crime."    People actually drank more.

About a decade ago Canada doubled the tax on cigarettes.  Instead of doubling tax revenues the money went down.  Previously honest people went over the border to buy cheaper US cigarettes -- selling to friends.

If you want the gangs to get bigger, try taking guns and ammo away from previously honest people.

True prohibition wont work, I can make alcohol in my garage.
Even so during prohibition, the gangs were getting alcohol from canada.

We need to get canada and mexico to go along with our bullet tax. Now mexico will say OK and do the same thing they always do ... send it over in tunnels ... but see bullets weigh more than cocaine ... so we will just be trading one problem for a bit smaller problem ... Canada has to cooperate, else we will be flooded wiht canadian bullets. It also has to be nationwide, else people will just go over to the next state.

Its a bit crude, but since there is no real data acquisition ... or there was but access to that data has been blocked ... so we have to work around it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #32 - 02/14/13 at 23:14:19

srinath wrote on 02/14/13 at 19:36:00:

And I can make guns and bullets in my garage.  Not very nice ones, but have you ever tasted bathtub whiskey?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #33 - 02/15/13 at 07:39:00

houstonbofh wrote on 02/14/13 at 23:14:19:
srinath wrote on 02/14/13 at 19:36:00:

And I can make guns and bullets in my garage.  Not very nice ones, but have you ever tasted bathtub whiskey?

Not very nice bullets will prevent you form loading em in a high capacity clip and firing off a few 100 ... you'd go through a couple before the gun jams ... alcohol can be made darn well. Some of the best moonshine I've ever had came from someone's garage. Ans with anything it takes time, talent, skill and equipment. You can make better bullets than S&W make ... but you'd need to be a machinist and slave over them a few hours for a handful.

Of course you could have a huge factory and churn em out ... but then, you'd be a bullet factory, not a lone wolf, and would get noticed and caught.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 02/15/13 at 11:09:05

Not true.
I know a guy whom I ended up following on photobucket some how. In less than two months time he acquired ingots and learned how to mix, melt, pour, and cast his own bullets.
Reloading isn't that hard. I'd say it's on par with farming in a garden at home versus a commercial farm.
You get out what you put in. It's just as good if not better it just takes a little time and extra attention.

--Steve

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #35 - 02/15/13 at 20:13:55

srinath wrote on 02/15/13 at 07:39:00:
Not very nice bullets will prevent you form loading em in a high capacity clip and firing off a few 100 ... you'd go through a couple before the gun jams.

A man who has never made bullets or gunpowder is arguing with me about how hard it is to make bullets and gunpowder.  This is the problem with the entire debate.  People who know nothing about guns are trying to regulate them.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 02/15/13 at 21:37:35

slap, slap, slap,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #37 - 02/15/13 at 23:26:25

houstonbofh wrote on 02/15/13 at 20:13:55:
Not very nice bullets will prevent you form loading em in a high capacity clip and firing off a few 100 ... you'd go through a couple before the gun jams.

A man who has never made bullets or gunpowder is arguing with me about how hard it is to make bullets and gunpowder.  This is the problem with the entire debate.  People who know nothing about guns are trying to regulate them.

as a kid the neighbors chem set helped us terrioze the local ant hils with hm gun powder..
our biggest boom was 2" of gas in a coffee can w/ a co2 cartridge  in it

helped dad reload shot gun shells  he wouldnt let me touch the various rifle rounds (i got to polish the brass)but i watched and learned we never made "bullets" always bought  those, none were balls
made our own surf casting weights..
heard today limits on ammo passed the first round(no pun)of congress
anarchy is not far in the future

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 02/16/13 at 07:05:25

houstonbofh wrote on 02/15/13 at 20:13:55:

Somehow, in spite of all the scientific data available to be looked at. In spite of "MOre guns = More Crime" being demonstrably false, there are people who want to disarm the people,, Now, you can Hope thats just out of ignorance, &, In large part, I would agree that it is, BUT
There IS a criminal elite who NEED the people disarmed, because when the economy does ( eventually) what this economy MUST do, they dont want an armed population seeing to it that they get what theyve got coming,
An armed population can Force investigations & subpoenas & trials & Long, LONG jail sentences.
So, theyre pushing & offering $$$ & any sup[port they can offer to the ignorant fools who have NO idea what theyre really doing as they race to become victims,

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 02/16/13 at 08:38:58

When was the last time our armed population forced and investigation. Roll Eyes

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 02/16/13 at 10:13:24

Get DIS armed & see how things go,, Id suggest you look at hoistory, but we all know youre not much for exposing that steel trap mind of yours to data that could affect its thinking.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #41 - 02/18/13 at 17:17:24

OK you are all assuming you can buy all the rest f the chemicals in large quantities ...
Further a bullet made and poured in your garage will in short order jam the gun after a few uses ... yea you can make them all very good ... it will take you hours and hours ... how long does it take you to say ... fit a piston to a bore in your garage ... bore/hone etc etc included ... 2-3 hours for 1-2 people ... suzuki does that in a few mins ... of course they do, they have a robot that costs 30 million.

More guns = more crime, or less crime ... we dont know ... the NRA has blocked that research. In the absense of research and data for research we are likely using a sledge hammer to remove a rotten tooth.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #42 - 02/18/13 at 18:18:11

bill67 wrote on 02/16/13 at 08:38:58:
When was the last time our armed population forced and investigation. Roll Eyes

Our armed population is the most toothless there is.
The bankers robbed them of their retirement with a pen (or some funny software).
The oil baron president and vice president robbed them blind @ the gas station with a gas pump.
The middle men in the insurance robbed them of their health with a syringe and get this ... drum roll please ... I haven't forgotten you JOG ...
Monsatan robbed them off their health with a spoon.

Our well armed citizenry does little more than kill off beer cans and collect dole ... follow the pattern ... welfare queens are the biggest gun owners. They're rugged individualists who are armed and will take care of their own as soon as they get the $$$ from the govt.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #43 - 02/18/13 at 18:38:49

srinath wrote on 02/18/13 at 17:17:24:
OK you are all assuming you can buy all the rest f the chemicals in large quantities ...

Seriously?  I can get charcoal and bat crap in large quantities within a mile of my house.  Sulphur is a a few hours away.

Further a bullet made and poured in your garage will in short order jam the gun after a few uses ... yea you can make them all very good ... it will take you hours and hours ... how long does it take you to say ... fit a piston to a bore in your garage ... bore/hone etc etc included ... 2-3 hours for 1-2 people ... suzuki does that in a few mins ... of course they do, they have a robot that costs 30 million.

Led casting is much easier than iron casting.  Millions of people cast their own bullets now.  No issues.  The fact that it is soft helps...

More guns = more crime, or less crime ... we dont know ... the NRA has blocked that research. In the absense of research and data for research we are likely using a sledge hammer to remove a rotten tooth.

All states that passed CHL laws had a large and measurable drop in violent crime.  Not sure how you can keep missing this.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #44 - 02/19/13 at 06:13:27

I am not missing anything ... we are only seeing 1/2 the data.
There should be no blocks on the data and we need historic data ... There may be less crime in whatever area whenever ... but I still want access to all the data ...

You may want to and make all the bullets you want ... the fool in the school sprayed 300 ... try making that many ... try spraying that many homemade ...

Maybe we will have no effect of a $100 bullet ... but we need to have data to suggest a theory. NRA has blocked all of it, or atleast most of it. Data suggesting a theory isn't happening, so we are using a sledge hammer when we could use a scalpel, if we knew what to cut out.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:51:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Running Wild

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.