Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
What to do with Iran?
01/28/13 at 11:56:51

I cannot believe that any thinking person isn't scared sh!tless over what Iran has done recently.
Does anyone believe that they are not pursuing a nuclear weapon?  Now that they have shown the world that they have a missile capable of putting a monkey in space, it's obvious that they either have, or are very close to having, a delivery vehicle.
So, what does the civilized world do about this rogue state?  Do we continue to talk, and pretend that they aren't a real threat to humanity, like Chamberlain did with Hitler prior to WW II?
Or, do we organize the civilized countries at risk - U.S., France, Great Britain, Israel, Turkey and others, and just level the place in a premptory strike, or wait till they kill thousands, or hundreds of thousands, and then have a much more costly war with them?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: What to do with Iran?
Reply #1 - 01/28/13 at 12:13:21

It's Israel's problem. Let them deal with it. We already have too many irons in the fire.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #2 - 01/28/13 at 12:34:29

Star -

While it may be Israel's direct problem, the politics and international relations implications are immense if Iran were to attack Israel.  It's kind of like saying that Hitler was Poland's problem in 1939.  That's were Hitler struck first, but certainly they weren't the end of the story.
Rogue states have to be dealt with eventually.  And putting it off only worsens the eventual outcome for everyone.

To me, it's like ignoring a cancer in its earliest stages - a simple operation  now to cut out the tumor, or let it grow until it becomes a fatal illness.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/28/13 at 13:05:33

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 01/28/13 at 12:34:29:
Star -

While it may be Israel's direct problem, the politics and international relations implications are immense if Iran were to attack Israel.  It's kind of like saying that Hitler was Poland's problem in 1939.  That's were Hitler struck first, but certainly they weren't the end of the story.
Rogue states have to be dealt with eventually.  And putting it off only worsens the eventual outcome for everyone.

To me, it's like ignoring a cancer in its earliest stages - a simple operation  now to cut out the tumor, or let it grow until it becomes a fatal illness.

Yes Jerry, and we will have done something about it if we weren't in 2 wars under false pretenses so thingy Cheney's old company could mint $$$.

So there, as soon as we go back to the troop level where we have rested and ready troops and the funding approved by congress with all the right information we can work on Iran.

You know why Bush attacked Iraq instead of Iran right ? yes there was a typo in the report he read ... I mean colored in ... apparently ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 01/28/13 at 13:32:36

If GWB hadn't of bombed Iraq,Iraq would have taken care of Iran.If Russia couldn't beat Afghanistan,Why did GWB thing he could.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #5 - 01/28/13 at 14:03:05

Bill -

That is totally non-responsive.  What do we do NOW?  Forget 2003.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/28/13 at 15:01:44

I'm more scared of N. Korea

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #7 - 01/28/13 at 15:17:09

LA -
I don't poo-poo North Korea as a threat, but the country is literally starving.  There is some good intelligence out there that parts of the country are engaging in cannibalism.
N. Korea has a history of blowing its horn to get concessions like food aid, from the West.
Iran is another story - on a mission to destroy Israel and secualr Arab countries in the region.  Since the Middle East is such a global powder keg, I would suggest we deal with Iran first, let N. Korea see what happens to a rogue state, and then deal with N. Korea if we must.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 01/28/13 at 15:43:57

Jerry why doesn't Russia have a problem with Iran and North Korea.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 01/28/13 at 15:55:10

...or say..Iceland??

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 01/28/13 at 15:55:34

Lets blow up our neigbors house because we think he might try to hurt the people down the street. The rumor is he has WMD. By the way old people we cant afford your Social Security checks this month. Its costing a lot more to rebuild Iraq than thingy Cheyneys quote. WE cant rebuild the bridge that fell last month because Paul Ryan wants to give the wealthy a tax cut to stimulate the economy. Its gonna cost a lot of money to build the bomb so lets lay off some school teachers. That crack in the dam will hold a couple more years while we build some more drones.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #11 - 01/28/13 at 16:01:06

"I don't poo-poo North Korea as a threat, but the country is literally starving.  There is some good intelligence out there that parts of the country are engaging in cannibalism."JE

<snip>

"North Korea Cannibalism Reports Emerge Amid Food Shortage, Famine."

A source said:

"While his wife was away on business he killed his eldest daughter and, because his son saw what he had done, he killed his son as well."

"When the wife came home, he offered her food, saying: 'We have meat.'"

"But his wife, suspicious, notified the Ministry of Public Security, which led to the discovery of part of their children's bodies under the eaves."  

(Under the eaves?? Oh good God give me a break.)

Another Asia Press' journalist said: "There was an incident when a man was arrested for digging up the grave of his grandchild and eating the remains."

(Nothing like rotting grandchildren for dinner eh?)

The big question here is whether this is all true or new urban myths. Considering this is North Korea, we will certainly never hear it from them.

Ya know, just because it's on the "innertubes" don't mean it's true.

...and if that IS true, let us send them food...not bombs.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #12 - 01/28/13 at 16:04:50

Midnightrider wrote on 01/28/13 at 15:55:34:
Lets blow up our neigbors house because we think he might try to hurt the people down the street.

So you would not call the police about the rock house at the end of the street?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 01/28/13 at 16:58:28

I think we should send Iran another computer virus that destroys all their WMD making stuff...  ...and I'll bet there's one already set to go, just waiting for the time it will do the most damage...

Nobody knew about the first one we sent,... and nobody's gonna' hear we have another one ready...  It'll just happen...
Just like last time...  ... and all will be well, once again...
(all their computers are supposedly secured, and "off line",.. but, someone will bring it in on a flash or something)...
(we just gotta' bribe one guy, with a million dollars, or a new Ipod or something)... Grin...
You gotta' know this is being worked on,... 5 hackers with a keyboard are mightier than a thousand man army...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #14 - 01/28/13 at 18:23:59

Why don't we put some anti-missle batteries in and around the gulf states, and let Iraq know the next missle they fire as a test we will react like its aimed at us- shoot it down and then nuke the area ( mountain) they are doing the work in; although frankly nuking the entirety of the middle east from the Anatolian border around to the Pakistan/Indian Border might be a better option.  If no one likes that, lets move the UN headquarters from NY City to Jerusalem so all the interested parties can be one  with that place.  Then the UN might get motivated to do its job.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:53:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What to do with Iran?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.