Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
I propose we define 'assault weapon' (Read 1696 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I propose we define 'assault weapon'
Reply #225 - 01/22/13 at 06:16:37

Starlifter wrote on 01/21/13 at 11:17:37:
Well then why do YOU think these same folks are coming to take away your guns?

Quote:
Legislators in Hartford are in the process of destroying your Second Amendment rights by exploiting recent tragedies. Gov. Malloy, Sen. Beth Bye, and Rep. Bob Godfrey want outright bans and onerous restrictions on your rights through an enormous number of Anti-Gun Bills. Here are a few of the items included in one of their proposals:

An outright ban on ALL modern sporting rifles classifying them as "Assault Weapons."
   Restricting your ability to defend yourself and family by arbitrarily restricting the magazine size to 10 rounds.
   Confiscating ALL magazines holding more than 10 rounds, pistols included.
   Statewide gun registration for ALL firearms; knowing full well criminals won't ever register their guns.
   Re-registration every 2 years with ever increasing fees.
   Requires permit for any rifle with a pistol grip.
   Limiting how much ammunition you can purchase AND possess.
   Registration of all ammunition purchases.
   Bans internet sales of ammo in Connecticut.
   Mandatory gun storage laws, like the one the U.S. Supreme Court struck down in the Heller decision.

Do you see how it is possible to make that logical connection there?
Just admit that there is a logical connection present there. That's all.  Don't pick a side - just say you see it.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #226 - 01/22/13 at 09:11:09

Quote:
The detention sections of the NDAA begin by "affirm[ing]" that the authority of the President under the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF), a joint resolution passed in the immediate aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, includes the power to detain, via the Armed Forces, any person (including U.S. citizens[21]) "who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners", and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the U.S. or its coalition allies in aid of such enemy forces, under the law of war, "without trial, until the end of the hostilities authorized by the [AUMF]".

Quote:
All persons arrested and detained according to the provisions of section 1021, including those detained on U.S. soil, whether detained indefinitely or not, are required to be held by the United States Armed Forces. The law affords the option to have U.S. citizens detained by the armed forces but this requirement does not extend to them, as with foreign persons. Lawful resident aliens may or may not be required to be detained by the Armed Forces, "on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States."[32][33]

Can you grasp the magnitude of this?

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #227 - 01/22/13 at 09:18:44

The inability to see whats happening is alarming.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #228 - 01/22/13 at 16:44:40

srinath wrote on 01/21/13 at 15:59:21:
verslagen1 wrote on 01/21/13 at 14:15:44:
You've never heard of Kent state have you.

Oh but I thought american soldiers will not fire on americans on american soil ?

Oh yea those protesting the war need to be armed.

Cool.
Srinath.

http://www.examiner.com/article/shock-claim-obama-only-wants-military-leaders...

On Monday, renowned author and humanitarian Dr. Jim Garrow made a shocking claim about what we can expect to see in Obama's second term.

Garrow made the following Facebook post:

“I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.” Those who will not are being removed.

So, who is the source?

Garrow replied: “The man who told me this is one of America’s foremost military heroes.”

Understand, this is not coming from Alex Jones or Jesse Ventura, or from anyone else the left often dismisses with great ease.

Garrow is a well-respected activist and has spent much of his life rescuing infant girls from China, babies who would be killed under that country's one-child policy. He was also nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for his work.

His bio on Amazon.com reads:

“Dr. James Garrow is the author of The Pink Pagoda: One Man’s Quest to End Gendercide in China. He has spent over $25 million over the past sixteen years rescuing an estimated 40,000 baby Chinese girls from near-certain death under China’s one-child-per-couple policy by facilitating international adoptions. He is the founder and executive director of the Bethune Institute’s Pink Pagoda schools, private English-immersion schools for Chinese children. Today he runs 168 schools with nearly 6,300 employees.

This comes on the heels of Sunday's report in the Washington Free Beacon (WFB) that the head of Central Command, Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis is being dismissed by Obama and will leave his post in March.

The WFB article states:

““Word on the national security street is that General James Mattis is being given the bum’s rush out of his job as commander of Central Command, and is being told to vacate his office several months earlier than planned.”

Did Gen. Mattis refuse to "fire on U.S. citizens?"

--Steve

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #229 - 01/22/13 at 17:23:29

...sigh, I am getting so tired of refuting this kind of nonsense...

The article states:

So, who is the source?

Garrow replied: “The man who told me this is one of America’s foremost military heroes.”

Oh really? A big hero?.. but he has to remain anonymous? ...some hero.

And it seems the real source of this crap is "The Examiner".

<snip>

Examiner.com  a multi-user blogging site that presents itself as a news site. Don't be fooled. Examiner.com pays its writers based (among other things) on pageviews. As a result, a lot of Examiner material tends to be sensationalistic to attract attention — positive or negative doesn't matter, it's all clicks — and you will see enthusiastic Examiner bloggers linkspamming furiously on other sites, often touting their work as "media coverage" (and themselves as "journalists" or "the press") rather than just a blog post they themselves wrote.

Cranks and those with really bad critical thinking skills will link Examiner articles as if they're genuine Journalism rather than just some guy blogging. If you use an Examiner page as a reference for anything whatsoever, you better cross check your information..

You also cite the "Washington Free Beacon" as a source...

The "Washington Free Beacon" is another online ultra-conservative magazine launched by the also-new Center for American Freedom think tank.

So all these hysterics are no more than a tempest in a teapot from less than honest wingnut rags. You would do much better to seek our a source of legitimate and honest journalism.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #230 - 01/23/13 at 06:08:36

Ok. One down. Now go back and debate the NDAA and the proposed laws.

--Steve

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #231 - 02/05/13 at 06:18:09

[quote author=2E2F34333C29355D0 link=1356540487/210#222 date=1358799498][quote author=3203100313170316620 link=1356540487/210#219 date=1358777450]Starlifter wrote on 01/20/13 at 13:28:08:
Sigh, here we go again with Lancer planning to fend off the government with his peashooters.

Two Words:

"Predator Drones"

The gummint's got those. If they actually want your peashooter guns, they can take them without breaking a sweat.

Cool.
Srinath.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/64-drone-bases-on-us-soil/
Cleared to engage.

Quote:
The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the U.S. military from operating on American soil, and there’s no evidence that drones have violated it so far.

EXCEPT, for this guy:
First Man Arrested With Drone Evidence Vows to Fight Case
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/04/09/first-man-arrested-with-drone-...

Granted, he chased the sheriff off his property with a "high powered rifle" but it still sets a precedent.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/01/26/285660/drone-deployment-turns-us-into...
http://theweek.com/article/index/228830/the-drone-over-your-backyard-a-guide
http://techland.time.com/2012/02/08/congress-paves-way-for-unmanned-drones-in...

Do you see nothing wrong with this?

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #232 - 02/06/13 at 17:13:24

Para, some believe the goobs are "The Answer" & more & bigger can never be too much or too big. I guess someone started 'em early...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #233 - 02/13/13 at 08:05:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/06/13 at 17:13:24:
Para, some believe the goobs are "The Answer" & more & bigger can never be too much or too big. I guess someone started 'em early...

If you're refering to me ... I dont actually think that at all ...

This is where I come down on the side of the govt ... almost where you come down, except in different contexts ...
I'd take the govt over a private behemoth of a corporation anyday ... monsatan, B of A, drug companies, goldman sachs etc ... You dont stand a chance against them, they need to be policed by the govt, which is not doing a 1/2 decent job of that either, but that's cos no one has been screaming for it.

Big govt over Big oil, pharma, auto, gun etc.

BTW I am from a country where I would rather private trust industry over govt ... so I didn't start out having this ingrained.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #234 - 02/13/13 at 16:15:06

Yep, they NEED to be policed. Sadly, theyve bought the people who WE put in positions to do just that. Thats why I support State power, Local POwer. Its harder for a corporation to corrupt every level. All theyve got to do is corrupt the Federal powers, just a few people in each main place,, If States had the power theyre supposed to have, States could shut Monsatan down,,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #235 - 02/13/13 at 16:53:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/13/13 at 16:15:06:
Yep, they NEED to be policed. Sadly, theyve bought the people who WE put in positions to do just that. Thats why I support State power, Local POwer. Its harder for a corporation to corrupt every level. All theyve got to do is corrupt the Federal powers, just a few people in each main place,, If States had the power theyre supposed to have, States could shut Monsatan down,,

State power and local power all makes sense as soon as the state can print currency. States dont do squat ... they are worse ... and worse yet they dont have any real power. Its like the DMV.

And States have a excellent record of shafting the poor and middle class to kiss big business ass. Like NC is passing a reduction of unemployment benefits ... its going from $535 A WEEK TO - GET THIS, $350.
Why ? They have to repay the federal govt for the extension of benefits. And they want to do it sooner. Yea republicans run NC now.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #236 - 02/13/13 at 17:54:44

Oh yea no state is going to regulate enough to shut any company that employs people down, even if all their employees will be dragged in from another state. States are busy shafting their current residents to bring in "employment" and offer them huge incentives with very little checks and balances ... companies get free land, free tax free everything ... and hire no one ... and 5-6 years later leave.

The latest example to do that in my area of expertise ... Google in Newton NC. I never even saw an ad for a requirement ... they shipped in people from somewhere else ... or didn't hire at all.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #237 - 02/13/13 at 20:22:22

Same thing happened with Dell here in Winston Salem. They were given thousands, free land, no taxes and I think they might have lasted maybe 5 years. And the Pubs claim we're taxing the large corporations out of business.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #238 - 02/14/13 at 08:36:52

Midnightrider wrote on 02/13/13 at 20:22:22:
Same thing happened with Dell here in Winston Salem. They were given thousands, free land, no taxes and I think they might have lasted maybe 5 years. And the Pubs claim we're taxing the large corporations out of business.

The dell fiasco is beyond belief. They ship them to India and china, then they ship em back, getting tax and grants on both sides of that switch, and worse yet, they were a drowning business to start with.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:03:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I propose we define 'assault weapon'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.