Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The voter fraud,.. fraud... (Read 333 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The voter fraud,.. fraud...
Reply #45 - 07/28/12 at 23:05:43

Its not the people who vote that counts, its who counts the votes that counts.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 07/29/12 at 04:56:15

The SCOTUS’s involvement in the 2000 race was minimal. All they said was the rules in place at the time of the election had to be followed. Al “the cheater” Gore couldn’t cherry pick districts to recount or claim unchecked ballots were actually intended for him. If Gore were an honorable person, he wouldn’t have kept the charade going for week after week trying to steal it. Actually, if he had resigned like he should have when Clinton was impeached, he’d have won in a cake walk.

Seems there are two ways to cheat: voter fraud and counting fraud. I have to show a photo ID where I vote and be on the rolls a certain number of weeks before the election. Seems like this makes it harder to cheat, not impossible, but harder. If you wanted to cheat where I lived, you’d have to submit voter applications with an address and zip code in this district a month or so before the election. Then when you show up to vote that day, you have to have a photo ID showing that same address. Seems like that minimizes cheating on a large scale. Certainly it could be done, but the districts are small enough and the volunteers are typically from the neighborhood, so they’d probably spot something  irregular like 5000 first time voters showing up.

But there is always going to be frauds and cheats anywhere money and power is involved; more so with power than money perhaps. Technology may or may not help, not sure. JFK cheated his way into the presidency so I suppose it could happen again.

If every person’s  voting records were recorded would that change anything? Let’s say you got a printout of how you voted and in a close election where the Dems cheated (because they always cheat…!) what would happen then? If the machine vote said 50,000 votes for candidate A and 49,900 for candidate B, but you think candidate B was cheated, what would be the mechanism for proving this?  Would you ask everyone to bring in their printouts? That’s not going to happen.

So  is JOG’s  comment the right one:  Its not the people who vote that counts, its who counts the votes that counts.

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 07/29/12 at 05:35:04

I live in fla the 2000 vote was rigged in bushes favor i have seen on LOCAL tv..... before it was yanked and burned that hundreds of voters mostly black were stopped and not allowed to vote.

Ohio in 04 thousands of absentee ballots were not counted....Facts Both.  

This voter id thing is just another way to rig an election.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 07/29/12 at 06:03:50

before it was yanked and burned that hundreds of voters mostly black were stopped and not allowed to vote.

Ohio in 04 thousands of absentee ballots were not counted....Facts Both.  

neither one of those things is true.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #49 - 07/29/12 at 06:33:49

I remember hearing years ago if you made a mistake on your ballot it was thrown away.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #50 - 07/29/12 at 07:44:04

WebsterMark wrote on 07/29/12 at 04:56:15:
If every person’s  voting records were recorded would that change anything? Let’s say you got a printout of how you voted and in a close election where the Dems cheated (because they always cheat…!) what would happen then? If the machine vote said 50,000 votes for candidate A and 49,900 for candidate B, but you think candidate B was cheated, what would be the mechanism for proving this?

What level of information is made public?  My contention is that a full disclosure of the vote record would make it very easy to bust fraud. Anyone would be able to download the list of names voting for X candidate, load it into MS Access and total up the votes for himself.  Other kinds of fraud, such as fake names, dead people's votes (and even ID fraud that occured at the poll) could also be easily checked by the people in the area the votes hail from.  

That's the mechanism for proving/disproving fraud.  And yes, technology makes it easier to catch.  But unfortunately, people are more tolerant of vote fraud than having their contact info and vote published like that.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 07/29/12 at 08:43:23

THAT I vote is no problem for me, HOW I vote could be, IF I worked for BUsiness X & the Boss was a staunch supporter of Mr. Big & I voted against him, I could have trouble at work, So, how I vote needs to be a secret.
However, IF the people want to expose vote fraud AND they dont mine people knowing their vote, then they could all gather at the courthouse on a day & be counted. Add up all those people at all those courthouses & IF there had been a BIg vote rigging, it should be made obvious. Getting Americans riled up enough to do that i9s gonna take some serious BS.

All that said, UNtil we see a candidate that will actually make a change, theres no reason to get upset about who is selected,, err, I mean Elected..

I believe the bubs stole the early caucuses from RP in order to demoralize his support, & it worked,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #52 - 07/29/12 at 09:08:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/29/12 at 08:43:23:
However, IF the people want to expose vote fraud AND they dont mine people knowing their vote, then they could all gather at the courthouse on a day & be counted. Add up all those people at all those courthouses & IF there had been a BIg vote rigging, it should be made obvious.

Not really.  There'd always be enough people who opted for secrecy, who's votes could be flipped.  It would only take about 10-15% secret votes to change the result of just about any election. So you're stuck with either full disclosure from everyone, or the potential for vote fraud and a neverending source of conspiracy theories.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 07/29/12 at 09:59:00

Boule'... couldn't they easily post an accurate listing of votes, and still give an inaccurate result?...
Do you know every voter in you district?...  You look on line,  and see your vote is correct,.. you get nosey and check 6 of your friends,.. but there could be 200 votes on there that belong to no one... How would you know?....
Some random name generator...

The best insurance is to have at least one dem, one rep, and one indy, in each precinct...
That's all I can think of...  of course, they can lie... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #54 - 07/29/12 at 10:35:34

Boule’tard wrote on 07/29/12 at 09:08:54:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/29/12 at 08:43:23:
However, IF the people want to expose vote fraud AND they dont mine people knowing their vote, then they could all gather at the courthouse on a day & be counted. Add up all those people at all those courthouses & IF there had been a BIg vote rigging, it should be made obvious.

Not really.  There'd always be enough people who opted for secrecy, who's votes could be flipped.  It would only take about 10-15% secret votes to change the result of just about any election. So you're stuck with either full disclosure from everyone, or the potential for vote fraud and a neverending source of conspiracy theories.

You so easily project your opinion on the behavior of others., Walking out & being counted doesnt dissolve the anonymity. No one says ya have to give your name, & I also doubt seriously many care about the privacy of their vote. I dont know anyone who wont say who they voted for, Its POssible for it to be needed but the great majority dont need their vote secret,IDK of anyone who would mistreat someone for how they voted, do you>? Anyone here ever meet anyone who [praised the fact that the vote is secret because if it was public theyd be likely to suffer for their vote? No? Me neither..That said, I still support the secret ballot,

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #55 - 07/29/12 at 10:58:30

Serowbot wrote on 07/29/12 at 09:59:00:
Boule'... couldn't they easily post an accurate listing of votes, and still give an inaccurate result?...
Do you know every voter in you district?...  You look on line,  and see your vote is correct,.. you get nosey and check 6 of your friends,.. but there could be 200 votes on there that belong to no one... How would you know?....

I wouldn't necessarily know, but there is a chance I'd know. Let's say the record indicates someone on my street voted, and I know they died last year.  I or anyone else who knows that name (or address) can find the discrepancy, though the chance of it may be small.  The same info being available to everyone tends to add up a bunch of small probabilities until the chance of bustage is very good.

Or more succintly.. and hopefully not confusingly..  Cheesy  The chance of one person finding a particular discrepancy is small, but the chance of a particular discrepancy being found out (by anyone in the community) is good.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #56 - 07/29/12 at 11:02:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/29/12 at 10:35:34:
I dont know anyone who wont say who they voted for, Its POssible for it to be needed but the great majority dont need their vote secret,IDK of anyone who would mistreat someone for how they voted, do you>? Anyone here ever meet anyone who [praised the fact that the vote is secret because if it was public theyd be likely to suffer for their vote?  

Well you just said you'd not volunteer your information because your boss might not like it and there'd be consequences at work.  Whether or not that is hypothetical,  yeah I think it's safe to say at least 10% of the voters would also guard their info, spoiling the idea of the open ballot.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #57 - 07/29/12 at 11:07:15

When you vote,.. your name is checked on a list,..
If someone shows up that's not on the list,.. they can't vote...
If someone shows up and their vote has already been used,.. that vote is flagged and the rightful voter is given his rightful vote... the other is discarded... (then an ID is required... my voter ID has no photo)(other ID or even an electric bill with your name on it works)...
That's how it works now... and it works...  

The problem comes about when the precincts add voters that don't exist...
ID's won't help that...
Independent oversight... is all I can come up with...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 07/29/12 at 11:16:40

the point here seems to be that votes are rigged on an individual to individual basis but rather through larger schemes, so there's no real evidence of any significant individual voter fraud, yet the repubs continue to insist on punishing individuals, I'm not against requiring voter id, I am against making anyone pay for it IN ANY WAY (cause that's a poll tax and that's been against the law for a LONG LONG TIME now)  they should just supply voter id machines at the voting places and when you go to vote you can get your id that day, yes this would make it a long day that first time but then they'd have the photo id to vote.

see republicans don't mind individual mandates, as long as it's for id . . .

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 07/29/12 at 11:18:04

voter registration should be outlawed, you show up, show your id, you vote.

voter registration is just BS  Angry

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 19:33:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The voter fraud,.. fraud...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.