Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
The voter fraud,.. fraud... (Read 333 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
The voter fraud,.. fraud...
07/26/12 at 20:45:19

Otherwise known as,... this years attempt by Rep's at stealing an election by suppressing the vote...
14 or 15 states, all controlled by Rep's, are trying to stamp out the scourge of voter fraud, by requiring various forms of ID, that all people should have,... but older, poorer people, invalids, and younger students, and urban minorities, don't... to prove they are real, and alive at the moment...

For instance,... this problem is so bad, that the state of Pennsylvania is willing to deny 1 million of it's voters the right to vote, in order to stop it...
After all,...somebody has to put their foot down...

How many cases of voter fraud will this prevent?...  Who knows?...
How many have there been in past years?...
Uhhh,.. None.... Huh...
Zero,... nada,... zip,... not one ever,... in the history of elections in Pennsylvania...
Not one case of election fraud...
... But,... it could happen... right?... Huh...

We would rather deny a million votes to legitimate voters than let even possibly one person vote that shouldn't...

After all,.. this is the most sacred right any American can have...

There,... I fixed it...
GoblessAmerica.. Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The voter fraud,.. fraud...
Reply #1 - 07/26/12 at 20:53:42

State Ids To Be Made Available To Voters Free - News Results

Links 7/26/12
   Naked Capitalism - Jul 26 04:06am
   The fight over Pennsylvania's voter-ID law heads for court Wednesday
   Philly.com - Jul 25 12:45am
   Fight over Pa.’s voter-ID law heads for court Wednesday
   Philly.com - Jul 24 08:13pm

Scan latest headlines with the Y! News Toolbar
Search results

Voter ID laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
       History
       |
       State-by-state requirements as of March 2012
       |
       Criticisms
       |
       Studies
   ... voting must be made free to all voters. Several state ... issued IDs at the polls, and supplied voters with free IDs and carpools to state DMVs; ... Text is available under ...
   en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_laws_(United_States) - Cached
   More results from en.wikipedia.org »
   Pennsylvania to Unveil New Voter ID Card
   ... new ID, which will be made available at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation centers across the state: to help voters ... ID cards that PennDot is issuing for free. "If ...
   www.governing.com/news/state/mct-pennsylvania-to-unveil... - Cached
   Secretary of State Mollis Makes Free Voter IDs Available in ...
   Secretary of State Mollis Makes Free Voter IDs Available in ... In addition to the Providence stops, voters can also obtain a free ID at the Secretary of State ...
   www.ri.gov/press/view/17036 - Cached
   Voter ID Laws Passed Since 2011 | Brennan Center for Justice
   ... ID when voting absentee. Free IDs. The Secretary of State is ... form photo ID issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles as of Dec. 1, 2011. The list must be made available ...
   www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/voter_id_laws...
   Special ID to be created for voters who can't get birth ...
   Pennsylvania voters will need photo ID at the polls in ... documents they need for a PennDOT ID. It will be available ... still must apply initially for a free ID ...
   www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/special_id... - Cached
   Pa. officials to unveil new voter-ID card
   [Jul 20, 2012] ... of the new ID, which will be made available at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation centers across the state: to help voters who ... give you a free pass ...
   www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/state/20120720_Pa... - Cached
   More results from philly.com »
   Voter ID: State Requirements - NCSL Home
   ... and the options available to voters who ... Oklahoma a photo voter ID state, because most voters ... ID card issued by the state of Georgia or the federal government; Free voter ID ...
   www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/voter-id.aspx - Cached
   More states require ID to vote - USATODAY.com
   Like other states requiring photo IDs, Texas also will provide state-issued IDs to voters who seek them, free of ... "I am skeptical of all claims made in this ...
   www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-19-states-require... - Cached
   More results from usatoday.com »
   Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Threatens To Disenfranchise Nearly ...
   [Jul 5, 2012] ... Enough Money Available ... Mike Turzai made a ... voter ID law, voters must show a photo ID issued by the state or federal government. The state-issued IDs are free ... ( 22192 Comments )
   www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/pennsylvania-voter-id... - Cached
   More results from huffingtonpost.com »
   Obtaining an ID card - Wisconsin Department of Transportation
   FREE Wisconsin ID cards for voting. If you are a U.S. c itizen ... A free ID card is NOT available under the following ... State Patrol; Travel; A-Z Index; Site Survey ...
   www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/apply/idcard.htm - Cached

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 07/26/12 at 23:17:48

There is no voter fraud per say committed by voters.

But there is plenty of fraud perpetrated on voters with the no paper-trail, unregulated, fraudulent 'Dibold' voting machines that always flip Dem votes to the Repuke side in numbers dependent upon how the vote count is going.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 07/27/12 at 04:22:24

We have a voter ID law here. And if you are an old, poor or lazy hoodrat type, you get a free ride to the DMV courtesy of the hood churches to get your free ID card. As long as you pledge to vote Dem.

If you are an old, poor rural type you are SOL regardless of what church you attend or what party you prefer.

And then the electronic ballots are all kinds of hosed up. Candidates missing on one machine, referendums missing from others...

Got to love our local politics... as long as you are the right level of uneducated mush mouth you can be elected. God forbid you are intelligent, can enunciate, know what grammar is...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/27/12 at 06:43:10

requiring various forms of ID, that all people should have,... but older, poorer people, invalids, and younger students, and urban minorities, don't... to prove they are real, and alive at the moment...

I’m glad you brought this up and I’d like someone to answer the obvious questions with clarity and logic.

Is it your contention that requiring photo ID in and of itself is evidence of discrimination?

The population of Pennsylvania is 12.7 million. So are you saying almost 1 out of every 8 citizens of PA do not have a photo ID?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/27/12 at 07:57:24

Not clear on what you are asking... but...

The state itself estimates nearly a million voters will be impacted...
And,.. there are many clips of Republican politicians publicly saying this effort to suppress the vote will help Republicans get elected...
This admission is technically a crime... Intentional voter suppression is illegal.

Are you saying that this sudden rash of voter ID laws happening only in Repub controlled states, is nothing to do with voter suppression?...
Even though they have been caught on video saying it is?...

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #6 - 07/27/12 at 08:31:09

Just to make you aware, PA is in position 20 for illegal immigrants (as of 2000 census). This would impact their voting non-rights. I am not siding one way or another, just making you all aware we have an immigration issue in PA as well.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/27/12 at 08:42:57

I'm asking a simple question.

Is it your contention that requiring photo ID in and of itself is evidence of discrimination?

is requiring a voter to produce a government issued ID a form of discrimination?

Greg; i was in PA last week and will be there again next week. funny, but i was surprised to see Korean housekeeping staff at a hotel in Allentown. Not sure I've seen that before.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #8 - 07/27/12 at 08:46:03

Web, locally, pizza shops are owned by Mexicans.  Shocked

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 07/27/12 at 08:51:33

Greg wrote on 07/27/12 at 08:46:03:
Web, locally, pizza shops are owned by Mexicans.  Shocked

Ill bet they have a Killer Taco PIzza..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 07/27/12 at 09:09:54

WebsterMark wrote on 07/27/12 at 08:42:57:
is requiring a voter to produce a government issued ID a form of discrimination?.

Your "simple" question is nothing more than an attempt at a "Gottcha" question...
Yes,.. No,.. Maybe... what kind of discrimination?...  It will have the effect of disenfranchising various groups that tend to vote Democratic, and is being done for that specific purpose... And many Rep's have even arrogantly fessed up to it in public...

You tell me?... Does that qualify as discrimination, by your definition?...

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #11 - 07/27/12 at 09:10:50

To help me form an opinion, do the people that don't have a government ID receive any public welfare benefits? I just can't imagine so poor as to not have an ID, especially if they are going to give them away for "free". If they are that poor, they receive benefits. Which means they had to prove who they were to begin with so they have ID. My daughter didn't drive but I made sure she had a photo ID. I don't understand why this is an issue.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 07/27/12 at 09:29:33

Greg wrote on 07/27/12 at 09:10:50:
I don't understand why this is an issue.

Does it matter?...
It is a simple fact, that nation wide, millions of legal  US citizens will be disenfranchised by this,.. and it being done for that purpose... to disenfranchise legal voters...
It is not being done to correct any problem,... only to shift the vote to Republican...
Pennsylvania,.. has no recorded case of voter fraud in it's history, ever...

I imagine Vladimir Putin is taking notes... Huh...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 07/27/12 at 09:30:48

Your "simple" question is nothing more than an attempt at a "Gottcha" question...

Seems like a fairly simple but important question. Your red flags are going up because I think you instinctively know there’s a problem with your position.

Yes, but I also don’t concede discrimination is necessarily a bad thing, and neither do you.

You want to discriminate against high wage earners by changing a higher tax rate for example. Dozens of other examples come to mind where discrimination is acceptable and preferable.

The question then becomes is there a difference between disenfranchising and discrimination.

Before you answer that, you have to consider other laws for example.

First thing that comes to my mind is fair lending laws. Just try to get a home loan without photo identification. Employment laws; try to get a job with any type of security clearance without photo ID. It can’t be done.

So, do we need to tell business they cannot ask for photo ID when loaning $200,000 because this is a form of discrimination / disenfranchising?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #14 - 07/27/12 at 10:08:25

WebsterMark wrote on 07/27/12 at 08:42:57:

is requiring a voter to produce a government issued ID a form of discrimination?

Greg; i was in PA last week and will be there again next week. funny, but i was surprised to see Korean housekeeping staff at a hotel in Allentown. Not sure I've seen that before.

Requiring a proper ID is not discrimination.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:55:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The voter fraud,.. fraud...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.