Send Topic Print
JETSETS (Read 11186 times)
Ryan Craft
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: JETSETS
Reply #330 - 09/10/15 at 06:22:23

Hey there! I have a 1998 Suzuki savage Ls 650. I am in the process of bobbing it out right now. I also bought the fishtail exhaust to go to a straight pipe set up. Now what is your recommendation for everything with re-jetting with sizes and all?  The carb is stock to me knowledge.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #331 - 09/10/15 at 11:46:16

I am almost scared to ask this after having just read oldfeller'e post regarding his dirty air filter. But here goes. The K&N air filter for the air box is around $60, Emgo pod air filter is around $10-12, and the Uni 2 stage foam pod filter is around $18. Which of the less expensive options would provide the best overall performance boost with the rejetting of the carb? Also Ramair and Uni both sell the filter media that I could adapt to an old filter frame.

I put an HD muffler on the bike just recently but the carburetor remains untouched. What say you, Savages????

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Tiktok423

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #332 - 09/10/15 at 17:27:25

Hey Lancer,

How much in total for jet set Kit, with postage to New Zealand please? do I need to private message you when placing orders or do i just pay via PayPal and you will automatically receive payment and shipping details. Cheers.

06 Suzuki S40
First Time Rider
First Bike Owned
Northland
New Zealand
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #333 - 09/11/15 at 05:45:43

Ryan Craft wrote on 09/10/15 at 06:22:23:
Hey there! I have a 1998 Suzuki savage Ls 650. I am in the process of bobbing it out right now. I also bought the fishtail exhaust to go to a straight pipe set up. Now what is your recommendation for everything with re-jetting with sizes and all?  The carb is stock to me knowledge.

I've never personally used a fishtail muffler, but it is my understanding that they offer a fairly decent amount of back pressure.  That said, start with the standard 52.5 pilot & 152.5 main jet, with the 3 washers in place of the white spacer, and the pilot screw set at 1.5 turns out.
This is a typical basic setup and it is a pretty good starting point.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #334 - 09/11/15 at 05:47:43

springman wrote on 09/10/15 at 11:46:16:
I am almost scared to ask this after having just read oldfeller'e post regarding his dirty air filter. But here goes. The K&N air filter for the air box is around $60, Emgo pod air filter is around $10-12, and the Uni 2 stage foam pod filter is around $18. Which of the less expensive options would provide the best overall performance boost with the rejetting of the carb? Also Ramair and Uni both sell the filter media that I could adapt to an old filter frame.

I put an HD muffler on the bike just recently but the carburetor remains untouched. What say you, Savages????

The Uni pod foam filter is your best choice for the least $$.

IP Logged
Ryan Craft
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #335 - 09/11/15 at 06:49:01

LANCER wrote on 09/11/15 at 05:45:43:

I've never personally used a fishtail muffler, but it is my understanding that they offer a fairly decent amount of back pressure.  That said, start with the standard 52.5 pilot & 152.5 main jet, with the 3 washers in place of the white spacer, and the pilot screw set at 1.5 turns out.

Actually it's not a muffler it's a straight pipe so I'm assuming that would change things!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #336 - 09/11/15 at 07:59:35

Ryan Craft wrote on 09/11/15 at 06:49:01:
LANCER wrote on 09/11/15 at 05:45:43:

Actually it's not a muffler it's a straight pipe so I'm assuming that would change things!

When you said "fishtail exhaust" I assumed you meant it was a muffler.
If it is all just a straight pipe then it DOES  change things.
You will be hard pressed to get the jetting/tuning sorted out with a straight pipe.  A straight pipe is basically just a setup for high speed running, tuning wise.  It just does not tune well.
You can get some quality mufflers that are pretty slim & trim and still be able to jet & tune them.
But this is your build, and if you really want a straight pipe just be aware of the jetting/tuning difficulties you will encounter.
That said, I would still start with the 52.5/152.5+3 combo.
The straight pipe is essentially an extended header, and total length makes a difference.  You will find most headers are about30- 32" in length.  There is a reason for that.  Adding that same amount in a straight pipe would probably yield your best result.  3/4 or 1/2 of that amount would be your next best bet.
Just something to think about.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #337 - 09/11/15 at 10:01:54

Thanks for the advice on the Uni pod air filter. It's off to eBay or Amazon we go.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #338 - 09/11/15 at 12:17:10

springman wrote on 09/11/15 at 10:01:54:
Thanks for the advice on the Uni pod air filter. It's off to eBay or Amazon we go.

You can get the Uni from Thunder Products, that's where I get the UFO's, Dial-a-jets, etc.
Lonn is the owner and Anne is his wife; they are really good folks.
He has it priced at 19.95

www.thunderproducts.com

IP Logged
Volpstar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reply #339 - 09/12/15 at 13:00:48

Hey Lancer. This is a late response, but thanks again for the jet set and the quick mailing of the backed up #50 pilot jet.

I just wanted to let you know, if you weren't already aware, that the gasket you mailed out wasn't cut correctly. The hole for the small brass tube to stick through was slightly off; meaning the gasket wouldn't fit properly. If the tube was slipped through the hole, the gasket was diagonal. If the gasket was placed properly, the tube wasn't even close to making it into the hole. Other than that, everything was perfect.

Not a big issue, I just cut more space on the hole to fit the tube and things worked out fine. No obstructions or important areas not sealed. Obviously I can't say if this was an issue unique to myself; but still something I thought you might want to be aware of.

2001 LS650

Raptor petcock.
K&N filter + Dyna exhaust.
WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #340 - 09/12/15 at 22:34:11

Thanks for the additional info Lancer.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #341 - 09/14/15 at 12:37:53

Volpstar wrote on 09/12/15 at 13:00:48:
Hey Lancer. This is a late response, but thanks again for the jet set and the quick mailing of the backed up #50 pilot jet.

I just wanted to let you know, if you weren't already aware, that the gasket you mailed out wasn't cut correctly. The hole for the small brass tube to stick through was slightly off; meaning the gasket wouldn't fit properly. If the tube was slipped through the hole, the gasket was diagonal. If the gasket was placed properly, the tube wasn't even close to making it into the hole. Other than that, everything was perfect.

Not a big issue, I just cut more space on the hole to fit the tube and things worked out fine. No obstructions or important areas not sealed. Obviously I can't say if this was an issue unique to myself; but still something I thought you might want to be aware of.

I have had 2 others tell me they had a fitment issue as well, except that theirs was just slightly off for the tube hole; just half a hole space over.

After the first one I checked my gaskets against the carb bodies I have and they fit mine.
It's weird, there is only one part number for all of the model years in my parts catalog. 

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #342 - 09/22/15 at 19:35:04

Jet set received today. Thanks.

I guess now I have to figure out just how to do this. Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #343 - 09/23/15 at 07:05:05

springman wrote on 09/22/15 at 19:35:04:
Jet set received today. Thanks.

I guess now I have to figure out just how to do this. Grin

It is not difficult; but if you need help let me know.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #344 - 09/23/15 at 11:32:14

Thanks. Sounds good, I appreciate the offer. I will not be able to get to it this weekend so I will try to read up on it with what is in the forum and plan on doing it the following weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 39
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 15:05:34

General CategoryThe Marketplace › JETSETS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.