Send Topic Print
JETSETS (Read 11186 times)
mastercarstech
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: JETSETS
Reply #315 - 08/16/15 at 11:23:31

Ok great! I'll make up an intake for it.  Should I be able to look down the muffler with a flashlight to see if the center is still there? If so how/should I remove it?
Thanks again!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #316 - 08/16/15 at 11:48:30

mastercarstech wrote on 08/16/15 at 11:23:31:
Ok great! I'll make up an intake for it.  Should I be able to look down the muffler with a flashlight to see if the center is still there? If so how/should I remove it?
Thanks again!

Leave it in, otherwise no need to change muff.

WWW   IP Logged
mastercarstech
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #317 - 08/16/15 at 15:24:38

Ok, next question, does it matter if I make the air intake longer than 4 inches? Huh

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #318 - 09/06/15 at 19:21:42

Hello Lancer,
Hope you are doing well. Also hope to see you at the 3 Twisted Sisters ride next year. Yes, let's all do it. Grin Grin Grin

Well, I think I am ready to play with the carb. I have the 06 S40 on I which I put an HD muffler just before the Dragon ride. The motor seems to be running well but a couple of weeks ago I opened it, got to 80 and that was it. I've had it to 85 before with still some throttle available. Has stock air filter and I have not touched the carb. Has just over 18k miles on it.

I want to go with a performance air filter (possibly K&N standard replacement or some pod air filter) and rejet fot best overall performance. What do you recommend for the jets and for the air filter? Thanks.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #319 - 09/07/15 at 07:41:54

springman wrote on 09/06/15 at 19:21:42:
Hello Lancer,
Hope you are doing well. Also hope to see you at the 3 Twisted Sisters ride next year. Yes, let's all do it. Grin Grin Grin

Well, I think I am ready to play with the carb. I have the 06 S40 on I which I put an HD muffler just before the Dragon ride. The motor seems to be running well but a couple of weeks ago I opened it, got to 80 and that was it. I've had it to 85 before with still some throttle available. Has stock air filter and I have not touched the carb. Has just over 18k miles on it.

I want to go with a performance air filter (possibly K&N standard replacement or some pod air filter) and rejet fot best overall performance. What do you recommend for the jets and for the air filter? Thanks.

For a stock engine with K&N and an HD muffler, a 52.5 pilot and 152.5 main jet should work for you.  When my '09 was stock, and with an HD and pod filter, I was running the 52.5/152.5 combo and it worked quite well.  My pilot screw was set at about 2 1/2 turns out though.  I could have swapped out the 52.5 for the 55 pilot jet and that would have brought the pilot screw setting down to about 1 3/4 turns out, but the end result would have been the same.  I just never bothered to make the change until I removed the stock camshaft in favor of a Performance Camshaft.  At that point it was needed and I did install a 55/155 set.
By the way, I had also replaced the white spacer with the 3 washers back at the beginning.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #320 - 09/07/15 at 20:43:30

Thanks Lancer. I'm sure you have the price and payment instructions in here but I really am not the best at navigating the web site. Please let me know how much and how to send it to you as I think I will try to do some major maintenance (check valves, change spark plug, maybe change petcock, K&N air filter, etc) on the bike soon and might as well get it all done at the same time. Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #321 - 09/08/15 at 11:26:37

springman wrote on 09/07/15 at 20:43:30:
Thanks Lancer. I'm sure you have the price and payment instructions in here but I really am not the best at navigating the web site. Please let me know how much and how to send it to you as I think I will try to do some major maintenance (check valves, change spark plug, maybe change petcock, K&N air filter, etc) on the bike soon and might as well get it all done at the same time. Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

Okie dokie, no problem.
The JETSET is $29.95, and you can send it vial Paypal to savage.s40@gmail.com
If you do not have a Paypal account or just want to use a credit/debit card I can send you an invoice; it is quick and easy to use.
It is my pleasure to help.
If you need anything else or have any questions just holler.

Michael

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #322 - 09/08/15 at 20:17:21

OK, here you go. This is me the man of the house speaking. I was going to pay with credit card but my wife says I should get a paypal account. So I will attempt to figure out how to get a paypal account and will then send you the money. And they say men rule the world. Sad

IP Logged
Canadian_kiwi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #323 - 09/09/15 at 03:47:08

Hey lancer I'm only looking for a air mix screw as I've stripped mine... Shops here want a fortune. I have 06 s40
Any chance you could help me out need shipping go New Zealand  Grin

Pm me if easier
Thanks

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #324 - 09/09/15 at 06:42:21

springman wrote on 09/08/15 at 20:17:21:
OK, here you go. This is me the man of the house speaking. I was going to pay with credit card but my wife says I should get a paypal account. So I will attempt to figure out how to get a paypal account and will then send you the money. And they say men rule the world. Sad

Yeah ... ok ... uh ha ... I see how it is there !   Grin

It is all processed through Paypal either way, but it is good to keep peace in the house.
Let me know when you are ready.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #325 - 09/09/15 at 06:44:39

Canadian_kiwi wrote on 09/09/15 at 03:47:08:
Hey lancer I'm only looking for a air mix screw as I've stripped mine... Shops here want a fortune. I have 06 s40

Pm me if easier
Thanks

I will be ordering parts later today and will include the pilot screw in the order.
I will let you know when it comes in and the total with shipping.

IP Logged
Canadian_kiwi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #326 - 09/09/15 at 12:38:11

LANCER wrote on 09/09/15 at 06:44:39:
Canadian_kiwi wrote on 09/09/15 at 03:47:08:

Pm me if easier
Thanks

I will be ordering parts later today and will include the pilot screw in the order.
I will let you know when it comes in and the total with shipping.

Thanks lancer! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #327 - 09/09/15 at 14:18:30

Oh yeah! I feel liberated! Grin

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #328 - 09/09/15 at 14:21:00

springman wrote on 09/09/15 at 14:18:30:
Oh yeah! I feel liberated! Grin

I proclaim you LIBERATED

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #329 - 09/09/15 at 14:51:01

And it feels so good!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 39
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 05:54:01

General CategoryThe Marketplace › JETSETS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.