Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for a DR650 cam or a Stock cam (Read 58 times)
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Looking for a DR650 cam or a Stock cam
10/25/23 at 14:07:02

Hey guys.
IM looking for a good used cam. Would prefer DR50 but would be ok with the stock savage cam also.
IM located in Australia and both are very hard to find here. Used option on Ebay are also insane

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Looking for a DR650 cam or a Stock cam
Reply #1 - 11/01/23 at 03:22:50

I have a few cams that may be what you want:

Stock LS650 (used):  This cam is used but in excellent condition. $110

Webcam W66(used):  This cam is used but in excellent condition.  The grind is nearly identical to the stock cam, with a slight bit of improvement in lift and duration: $80.

Webcam Stage 1 (new)  This cam is a brand new hardweld/regrind Stage 1 from Webcam.  The cam is very similar to the DR650 cam, with only a bit less lift and overlap. $225.

Webcam Stage 3 (new)  This cam is a brand new hardweld/regrind Stage 3 from Webcam.  The cam is very similar to the DR650 cam, with only a bit more lift. $250.

Suzuki DR650 (used).  This is a good used camshaft.  $270.  
Good/usable DR650 cams are hard to find - the 1990-1995 model years have the cam that can be used in the Savage, and that makes the bike 27-33 years old.  There are currently two cams for sale on eBay and both appear to have issues - one has scratches in the bottom of the lobe and the other one has small pits on the top of the lobe, and I wouldn't take a chance on either one of them.  If you watch long and hard enough you can sometimes find one that is in good shape and worth buying - however they don't come up very often.  They also need to have the oiling holes drilled in the cam lobes before you put them in a Savage - I have already drilled the holes in this cam.

All of the grinds available for the Savage are pretty mild and they run very smoothly and don't have any bad habits like poor idle or fuel mileage. I have used the Stage 1, Stage 3 and DR650 cams in the engine I have in my Cafe' bike - and they all felt about the same to the seat of the pants Dyno.......I really could not feel any difference in the amount of power between them.

If you give me your name/address I can find out what shipping and insurance cost will be.....you will need to pay whatever the shipping cost is.

Let me know if you are interested in any of the cams and/or want photos.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/01/23 at 23:40:03

Hi Dave. Yes I will definitely be interested in one of those. I will message you with my shipping information and see how much shipping is. Hopefully its not through the roof as it sometime can be to get things from the USA

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 11/04/23 at 04:07:29

Got your PM with you address and responded.

It appears shipping will be around $44.50 with around $10 for insurance (depending on the value of the cam you choose).

Let me know your choice and I will get a final price calculated.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 14:12:04

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Looking for a DR650 cam or a Stock cam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.