Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #855 - 05/18/12 at 12:12:41

bill67 wrote on 05/18/12 at 12:02:49:
What happens if I put a couple cherries in my gas tank will I get a spike in performance.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.  Are we talking fresh cherries, maraschinos or those unrecognizable things in fruitcakes?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #856 - 05/18/12 at 18:14:50

Bill,.. are you still redacting your arrowroot, or plebiscite?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #857 - 05/18/12 at 18:23:29

Recent studies show,... lack of wheat makes people supercilious... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #858 - 05/18/12 at 18:55:39

Serowbot wrote on 05/18/12 at 18:23:29:

You must have read your studies in a mirror.  What they really show (no kidding) is that brain fog dissipates quite a bit with the removal of wheat.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #859 - 05/18/12 at 19:22:16

Gyro don't you know humans have been eating wheat 1000's of years without wheat you wouldn't even be here.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #860 - 05/18/12 at 19:35:07

bill67 wrote on 05/18/12 at 19:22:16:
Gyro don't you know humans have been eating wheat 1000's of years without wheat you wouldn't even be here.

Your logic always ceases to amaze me, william.  With that kind of "thinking" you could say "Gyro don't you know humans have been eating other humans for 1000's of years without oral gratification you wouldn't even be here."

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #861 - 05/20/12 at 10:46:48

Gyrobob wrote on 05/18/12 at 18:55:39:
Serowbot wrote on 05/18/12 at 18:23:29:

You must have read your studies in a mirror.  What they really show (no kidding) is that brain fog dissipates quite a bit with the removal of wheat.

Gyro,

for all that I admire and respect your defense of the "good" Dr. to the hilt, your statement about "brain fog" cannot but be offensive.

Greek Philosophers ate wheat in abundance, yet made modern day society as we know it because of the importance of their thought.
Theologicians of old, such as St.Augustine and St.Thomas Aquinas ate wheat.
Philosophers and theologicians of the Far East ate wheat, or rice, or whatever other cereal was the main staple, and they became famous regardless of your "bran fog": Confucius, Lao Tse, Sun Tzu.

George Washington wouldn't have grown to be whom he became had it not been for oatmeal and grits.

Please find me a wheatless philosopher.

The only man whose name comes to mind was Attila the Hun, famous, yet anything BUT a philosopher.

True, he was meatless; yet, he made history as "the Scourge of God".

Good try, I'd rather be Julius Caesar than Attila the Hun any time.

Your call.

And please bring facts other than "The Book", else I'll have to rename you as GyroTaliban  Wink (get the joke?)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #862 - 05/20/12 at 20:39:02

mpescatori and bill, your kind keeps trying to prove to me it can't work.  You have a lot in common with the USAF doctors I mentioned earlier. "Your eyes can not be any better, Lieutenant, that kind of thing doesn't work."  Your attempt seems to be to bring up all kinds of postulations as to why getting off of wheat and grains and sugar won't do any good.

You should find some other basis for debate, because:
-- No amount of emphasis on your part will undo all the ways (17 to date, I think) getting off of wheat/grains/sugar has made me feel 30 years younger.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the parents of the kids with MS, epilepsy, and autism that their kids are not better.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the folks on the Wheat Belly FB page that, collectively, they have not lost literally tons and tons of fat.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the many kids I have read about on that FB page that their zits are GONE!
-- No amount of emphasis will tell those diabetics who are NOT diabetics anymore that they might as well give up their wheat-free grain-free sugar-free low-carb lifestyle because it can't work.  I doubt they will do that.  I doubt they would willingly return to bagels and oatmeal and linguine and glyburide and metformin.   I can pretty much assure you they are a lot happier being free of the drugs and the diabetes.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #863 - 05/21/12 at 01:50:48

gyro I think your listening to a witch doctor.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #864 - 05/21/12 at 02:38:59

No, sir, I'm trying to make you realize your use of the term "brain fog" is offensive.

I have tried time and time again to make you understand you cannot tell a person "your brain is fogged".

I'm certain that if you were to comment to someone sitting next to you on his "brain fog" because he was enjoying a beer and pretzels, you would stand a wheaty good chance of waking up in the ER with a broken nose and quite a few good teeth missing.

It happens, when you carelessly smile into a beer mug.

I have not insulted anyone, I have always brought hard evidence which goes far beyond the one book you tout.

As for MS, if you mean "Multiple Sclerosis", may I kindly warn you that you are treading the dangerous path of Simon Magus:
you are selling snake oil. The same applies to epilepsy and autism.

Now please go and research who that guy was.

Until then, I acknowledge your right to beiong enthusiastic on the statements contained in one book.

I DO NOT acknowledge you any right to insist with insulting your fellow Forum posters.

Be it Brain fog, fig or f*g, or any other three-letter combination of the alphabet.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #865 - 05/21/12 at 04:16:59

Not Everyone is wheat sensitive & not everyone suffers from Brain Fog. Long before this thread, my doctor & I had a long talk about this..

Brain Fog may be imperceptible or debilitating, slow enough onset of symptoms in a fairly mild case,could allow the sufferer to mislabel them & believe they are simply the aging process.

The way peoples bodies handle wheat today is different than it was back in the early days. The changes we see are very recent. Antibiotics are, IMO, the main culprit, damaging the flora in the gut, causing leaky gut syndrome, paving the way for food allergies.

According to my Dr, nearly everyone is sensitive to wheat now, to some degree, because of our compromised intestines.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #866 - 05/21/12 at 06:16:51

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/21/12 at 04:16:59:
Not Everyone is wheat sensitive & not everyone suffers from Brain Fog. Long before this thread, my doctor & I had a long talk about this..

Brain Fog may be imperceptible or debilitating, slow enough onset of symptoms in a fairly mild case,could allow the sufferer to mislabel them & believe they are simply the aging process.

The way peoples bodies handle wheat today is different than it was back in the early days. The changes we see are very recent. Antibiotics are, IMO, the main culprit, damaging the flora in the gut, causing leaky gut syndrome, paving the way for food allergies.

According to my Dr, nearly everyone is sensitive to wheat now, to some degree, because of our compromised intestines.,

You're heading in the right direction.  Yes, modern wheat has many things wrong with it.  And,. yes it is true people have varying sensitivities to the damage done from wheat.  What is being realized now by a growing number of scientists, researchers, and preventive cardiologists, is the following:
-- All wheat is harmful, modern wheat is worse than the wheat of 8,000 years ago.
-- All people react negatively to any kind of wheat.  Some people have tougher bodies that don't seem to show the damage being done,.. at least right away.  Others react overtly and quickly.  I spent most of my life in the latter category without realizing it.  I thought all the problems I was having was just something "up with which I had to put," as the doctors told me.  I spent decades with headaches, joint pain, irregularity, sleeping problems, skin problems, etc., all of which disappeared within a week or so after not eating any wheat.  Just like that!

Brain fog is but one of the mental (or nervous system) situations made worse by wheat.  Nonetheless, most folks, after being free of wheat for a few days, notice an increased clarity.  I thought I was just getting senile over the past few years when I would do things like walking in to a room holding something wondering why I had gone to that room holding that something.  That kind of thing just doesn't happen anymore.

I just wish I would have known this 50 years ago.  I wish my parents would have known this.  I am infuriated with the government numbskull whores who perpetrated (and continue to perpetrate) this miserable hoax on hundreds of millions of people, including me.  My life would have been quite a bit better had I not been "wheated" for my entire existence.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #867 - 05/21/12 at 06:29:20

When you walked into that room holding something did you have your pants down.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #868 - 05/21/12 at 14:05:40

bill67 wrote on 05/21/12 at 06:29:20:
When you walked into that room holding something did you have your pants down.

My, how refreshing it would be if you made a valid comment sometime.   Truly, it is not necessary to continually demonstrate to the rest of us how meaningless your comments can be. We understand.  No kidding,.. sometime why don't you try to make some sort of point that deals with the issues,... something more profound than "nuh-uh."

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #869 - 05/21/12 at 16:03:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/21/12 at 04:16:59:

Yup, I think there are a lot of contributing factors and it's really difficult to know which ones contribute what percentage or how they interact with each other to screw us over.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:07:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.