Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #840 - 05/11/12 at 10:34:06

Someday you guys will learn about blood sugar spikes.  When that happens, and it will scare you, you'll start looking for ways to keep a steady and moderately low blood sugar level.  If you eat wheat and grains and sugar, you have no choice,... you are bombarding your system with blood sugar spikes, with the pancreas being the main victim.  Keep it up long enough, and you will be in a long line of diabetics, arthritics, heart disease-ists, and people.  This is not a theory.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #841 - 05/11/12 at 13:46:18

Some day YOU will learn what normal blood sugars are after eating.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #842 - 05/11/12 at 17:54:51

arteacher wrote on 05/11/12 at 13:46:18:

You have some learning yet to do.  I know what they are from real world experience, and from a lot of research.  Had you understood these things, your pancreas would be in much better shape.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #843 - 05/12/12 at 05:07:56

arteacher wrote on 05/11/12 at 07:49:50:
Just like some bozos driving wannabe jaguars or ferraris with Chevrolet engines under the hood.
That's so they can actually drive them instead of having them worked on all the time. Grin
My cousin had an E type Jag and it was in the shop more than it was in his driveway.

If the US system can't train a proper mechanic... it's your problem.

Italy and britain have been enjoying V12s since the '60s, and even today a V8 sports car from maranello is looked upon as "poor man's Ferrari".
V8 "308 GTB"... ... ... V12 "512 Berlinetta"

A Jaguar V12 5.3liter could easily outperform a US V8 as long as it was in proper state of tune... the point is it was difficult to find a properly trained mechanic on your side of the Atlantic AND smog heads ruined more than one engine.

In the UK they teased me and my Fiat Uno as "Fix It Again, Tony!" to which I would reply
"if Tony is a sucker mof a mechanic, find yourself another mechanic"
My Fiat Punto was a 70bhp 1360cc Turbodiesel which would outspeed a 100bhp Ford Sierra (1.6 liter) anytime.

Going back to V12s and poor mechanics, I understand NASCAR are still racing V8s with pushrod OHV distribution and carbs, and restrictors "if the car is too fast for the track"...???

What about the driver showing his skill and the race engineers showing their professionality? Why leave it all to coat&tie managers?

Back to you, folks  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #844 - 05/12/12 at 05:10:33

Gyrobob wrote on 05/11/12 at 17:54:51:
arteacher wrote on 05/11/12 at 13:46:18:

You have some learning yet to do.  I know what they are from real world experience, and from a lot of research.  Had you understood these things, your pancreas would be in much better shape.

Please explain what happens when you eat some fresh fruit... oranges, peaches, apricots... maybe a banana as well.

Sugar spikes ! It's NORMAL !!! I tried explaining but you seem to have panicked, which is a pity.

Please spend a fraction of the time researching sugar spikes to understand the metabolism of fats, and tell me what happens when you eat a steak...
...not right then and there, but in the following 36-48 hours...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #845 - 05/12/12 at 05:19:43

Like talking to a brick wall. What irks me the most is that some people might believe you actually know what you are talking about. And yes I have read the book and my initial reaction to The Great Doctor has remained unchanged: He is using the Atkins diet with a new twist (blame it on wheat). The book is written in a sensationalist style, and he uses the phrase "one can assume from this data" or "this study"..... far too much. ( we all know what assume means) And his claims are just ridiculous- a cure for diabetes is the most deceiving, but hair loss? arthritis? I am surprised he didn't claim a cure for erectile dysfunction too.... or maybe he did and I missed it. Huh
This is snake oil risen to new heights- nothing more.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #846 - 05/12/12 at 10:04:32

If you refuse to understand what blood sugar spikes do to you, I'm not going to get all that angsty about it.  

My purpose here in this thread is not to try to convince those who have unchangeable paradigm problems to stop believing what they believe in, no matter how erroneous those beliefs are.

My purpose is to relate all the good things that happen when a person stops eating wheat, other grains, sugar, and high-carb food.  There is lots to relate.  No amount of you telling me it didn't happen will convince me it didn't happen.  It did happen.,... I feel a few decades younger because of what is happening to me, and I am certainly not alone.

Some of you are trying to convince me that being sugarfree, wheatfree, grainfree, and low-carb doesn't work. You'll never convince me of that.  It just plain works.  
-- It would be kind of silly for me to say,"Oh wow,.. and here all along I thought all these huge benefits I have been enjoying over the past eight months were real!  I guess I better stop and go back to eating all that stuff that was making feel so bad before.  Darn."
-- Maybe you would have me tell the lady, whose kid had MS, she should have her kid start eating Shredded Mini-Wheats again. They probably still have the wheelchair he hasn't been using in the past few months.
-- Maybe you would have me tell the hundreds of folks on the Wheat Belly Facebook page who have lost tons (literally) of weight they should start eating wheat, grains, and sugar again.  There's always Weight Watchers, eh?
-- Maybe you would have me tell the diabetics who are no longer diabetic that getting their blood sugar down to a consistent and moderately low level really doesn't mean much, so they should start back in with the WGC (wheaty grainy crap) and insulin shots.
-- Maybe you would have me tell the arthritics whose joint pain has disappeared to start eating bagels and pasta again, and just go back to cortisone shots and Ben-gay and crutches.

The overall point is that it seems kind of silly for you to try to convince me this doesn't work.  
-- It works really well.  
-- The way you are trying to convince me how wrong this is makes me think of a situation like this:
   --- In March of 1502, Columbus is having a meeting with his crew and sponsors, planning the fourth trip to the new world.
   --- A Bishop from the Catholic Church crashes the meeting and instructs Columbus to call off the trip, saying it is against all the teachings of the church and against all common sense. "We all know the earth is flat!"
   --- Columbus says, "But your holiness, we have done this three times already.  We have discovered all kinds of new things.  The benefits are pretty good so far, and will be even better when we learn how to best use it all.  The payback will be astounding!"
   --- The Bishop says, "Doesn't matter.  You are wrong.  The world is flat.  You can not sail past the horizon indefinitely, you will fall off.  The Pope says so.  In the name of the church, stop what you are doing."
   --- The church is the FDA and USDA, and a few of you guys are Bishops.

Here's one of my frustrations with these discussions,... A lot of the folks here at Suzukisavage.com are missing out on things that can make their lives a lot better.  All I can do, I guess, is to stick to my guns and keep relating all the ways this way of living betters a person's life so much.

« Last Edit: 05/12/12 at 11:11:36 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #847 - 05/12/12 at 10:23:57

Blood sugar swings are normal, but are the swings we see now anywhere near Natural? Remember the difference,it matters. America is seeing a huge increase in diabetes, & other diseases that were pretty obscure when I was a kid. There are dialysis places popping up like Starbucks around here.
If one has diabetes, they need to carefully regulate what they eat & how often they eat to keep the blood sugar from swinging up & down. Its possible to completely reverse some types of diabetes that way,

I wonder what things were like before industrialization. Before getting up, eating breakfast, heading off to work, waiting on the whistle to blow so a guy could eat his lunch & go back to work,
I wonder just how naturally we feed our bodies. Are we really designed to eat 3 meals a day? Or is our system more comfortable eating a few bites every 30 minutes or so.. ? I seriously dont know.,but I have a suspicion its the latter.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #848 - 05/12/12 at 10:51:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/12/12 at 10:23:57:
Blood sugar swings are normal, but are the swings we see now anywhere near Natural? Remember the difference,it matters. America is seeing a huge increase in diabetes, & other diseases that were pretty obscure when I was a kid. There are dialysis places popping up like Starbucks around here.
If one has diabetes, they need to carefully regulate what they eat & how often they eat to keep the blood sugar from swinging up & down. Its possible to completely reverse some types of diabetes that way,

I wonder what things were like before industrialization. Before getting up, eating breakfast, heading off to work, waiting on the whistle to blow so a guy could eat his lunch & go back to work,
I wonder just how naturally we feed our bodies. Are we really designed to eat 3 meals a day? Or is our system more comfortable eating a few bites every 30 minutes or so.. ? I seriously dont know.,but I have a suspicion its the latter.

Good points.  

Wild and frequent blood sugar spikes CAUSE diabetes, and, yes, it is possible for diabetes to go away with a lot of care put into keeping the blood sugar level low and steady.  Just ask the dozens of ex-diabetics testifying to this very thing on the WheatBelly FB page.

Our bodies are not designed to eat three squares a day.  They are designed to eat intermittently.  Our digestive system, for example is not designed to have to process food constantly.  It is much more comfortable (and will last longer before problems set in) if it gets resting periods of a day or two now and again.  This all harkens back to days of yore when our eating schedule depended somewhat on when we managed to kill something.

To that end, I fast occasionally.  I have been fasting for 36 to 48 hrs at a time for a few months now,... maybe twice a month.  For one thing, it lowers the food bill 10%.

Once you get the wheatfree grainfree sugarfree thing going well, your interest in food decreases quite a bit (the obsession goes away), so fasting is way easy.

On one of the 48-hr fasts I tracked my blood sugar.  It varied from 71 to 77 with no particular schedule to the slight ups and downs.  For the dinner to end the fast, I had shredded pork, salad, cole slaw, gumbo, raw oysters, grainfree bread, and iced tea.  The blood sugar an hour after that was 82.

Here is a link to a guy who really knows a lot about fasting:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting-weight-loss/#axzz1r23Idtvc

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #849 - 05/18/12 at 09:05:44

I just got banned from my 1964 High School Reunion Facebook page because of my radical views on blood sugar spikes.  I'm crushed. How will I ever be able to finish out my life with such humiliation and shame? It is especially troubling since I'll probably live 40 years more than I was supposed to now. Darn it.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #850 - 05/18/12 at 10:29:04

Gyrobob wrote on 05/18/12 at 09:05:44:
I just got banned from my 1964 High School Reunion Facebook page because of my radical views on blood sugar spikes.  I'm crushed. How will I ever be able to finish out my life with such humiliation and shame? It is especially troubling since I'll probably live 40 years more than I was supposed to now. Darn it.

I guess Facebook is not as tolerant as us.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #851 - 05/18/12 at 11:14:18

arteacher wrote on 05/18/12 at 10:29:04:
Gyrobob wrote on 05/18/12 at 09:05:44:

I guess Facebook is not as tolerant as us.

I had thoughts along those very lines.  We get a bit exercised on occasion, but I note that generally on any issue in this crowd (not just harmful wheat) the discussions keep hacking away at various issues.  Apparently my classmates of 1964 in Sunnyvale, CA, have gotten a bit testy in their advanced stage of life.  I think what really might have pissed some of them off was when I intimated they might not get so angry if they'd stop eating wheat.

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #852 - 05/18/12 at 11:15:36

Not now that they have investors with high expectations.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #853 - 05/18/12 at 11:37:32

Gyrobob wrote on 05/18/12 at 11:14:18:
I had thoughts along those very lines.  We get a bit exercised on occasion, but I note that generally on any issue in this crowd (not just harmful wheat) the discussions keep hacking away at various issues.  Apparently my classmates of 1964 in Sunnyvale, CA, have gotten a bit testy in their advanced stage of life.  I think what really might have pissed some of them off was when I intimated they might not get so angry if they'd stop eating wheat.

I see the apple didn't fall too far from the tree   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #854 - 05/18/12 at 12:02:49

What happens if I put a couple cherries in my gas tank will I get a spike in performance.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:36:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.