Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #825 - 05/05/12 at 18:45:46

Nicely done, Stimpy.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #826 - 05/05/12 at 18:46:37

This is a real eye-opener.  The Doc says when he saw this, it terrified him.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/244818-Amazing-Photos-Show-What-the-World-R...

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Re: "Wheat Belly" - Arthur's Story
Reply #827 - 05/07/12 at 09:03:07

So, who out there still needs a bit of motivation
to get rid of those nasty death handles and that
butterball you swallowed whole ??

...I give you

Arthur's Story

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #828 - 05/08/12 at 04:30:11

Gyrobob wrote on 05/05/12 at 18:46:37:
This is a real eye-opener.  The Doc says when he saw this, it terrified him.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/244818-Amazing-Photos-Show-What-the-World-R...

If you enlarge the photos to full screen and study them carefully, you will notice that "Anglosaxon" families have a much higher intake of animal fats, candies and processed sweets as opposed to "Mediterranean" families.

I am sorry the pictures obnly show a partial view of the overall situation.

The first three pics show USA, Mexico and canada, respectively.
3 pictures, three nations, one continent.

Then comes Italy, with its huge array of fresh produce (look well, there's more fresh produce on the Italian table than the three North American tables combined).

If you compare the Italian table to the German and the English tables, you will see why I insist there is no such thing as "the European diet".
The Germans abound with fat meats like pork and beef, abound with beer and processed fruit drinks.
The English have so much processed sugars in their diet you will not be surprised to know they are THE most obese nation in Europe (never mind the pic of those four...)

Then comes China... which China ? When one nation is large as all of Europe and has four times the European population, to examine one family adnd claim "that's China" is oversimplifying...
...might as well have only one picture for North America and claim "that's America".

Japan sports a diet rich in rice and its derivatives, and A LOT OF fresh produce. That's how they live so long (so do we, by the way... Wink)

Chad. Typical example of misinformation and political propaganda, as in "feel guilty!"

Where's Egypt ? Where's Morocco ? Where are Kenya or South Africa or Maagascar ?  Roll Eyes So Chad, to my eyes, is a non-photo, dismiss it.

Incidentally, the Italian pic is perhaps the only one to be 100% honest, it's the only one where you see cigarette cartons in the rear... Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #829 - 05/08/12 at 10:26:10

So,.. cut out the wheat, grains, and sugar, and you'll be a lot healthier.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #830 - 05/08/12 at 20:52:25

Gyrobob - sounds like the change suits you well.  I was taught that vasoconstrictors (caffeine, nicoteine) are tinnitus makers..perhaps high blood pressure also.  I've got it, especially after my 10th cup of coffee of the day....but even when I wake up its lurking in the background. :'(

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #831 - 05/09/12 at 13:42:45

Trippah wrote on 05/08/12 at 20:52:25:
Gyrobob - sounds like the change suits you well.  I was taught that vasoconstrictors (caffeine, nicoteine) are tinnitus makers..perhaps high blood pressure also.  I've got it, especially after my 10th cup of coffee of the day....but even when I wake up its lurking in the background. :'(

Yes, caffeine increases the intensity of the ringing, but not as much as aspirin.  One of the beauties of getting off of wheat is that I have no more headaches, and my joint pain has pretty much disappeared.  Therefore, no more aspirin, which means I'm not always forcing the tinnitis to get more intense all the time.

Also, another niceness of being aspirin-free is that cuts and scrapes and bruises heal up faster.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #832 - 05/10/12 at 07:04:25

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/
http://www.dukandiet.com/

Certainly looks familiar... sounds familiar... and it's been going on for some 30 years...

Dr. Pierre Dukan is a French medical doctor with thirty-five years of experience in clinical nutrition.  While he began his medical career specializing in neurology, Dr. Dukan discovered and refined his successful weight loss method while working with over 40,000 of his patients in his General Practice.  Since then he has spent his career helping people lose weight and keep it off forever.

You guys sure the Dr. from Wisconsin never went to Paris ?  Roll Eyes
Or even anywhere on the East Coast ?  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #833 - 05/10/12 at 09:46:13

The surge in Diet drinks & Low Fat/Low Cal food & drinks weve seen over the last 20 years isnt working, at all. These products contain only empty calories & leave the body craving nutrition, so, the tummy is full, but the mouth wants more to eat. & Eat we do.,.but the foods, even the vegetables, havent the Proper Nutrition, there are no minerals left in the soils, the plants are fed a ratio of "nutrients" that allow the plant to grow, but there are no minerals in the soil & NPK fertilizers make plants grow & produce lovely vegetables, theres just nowhere near the nutritive value in those vegetables we need, so, we crave More,

Organic gardening uses compost, mulched tree parts, wood ashes, & ashes have all the minerals the tree took up from the soil, as does the mulch, & composted foods return many good things to the soil., microorganisms that the soil needs to create healthy plants,

Industrializing food production may not have been the best idea, at least not to the degree we have done it, I can see how societies need Food Producers. Not everyone needs to do that, not everyone needs to be a doctor,or m3echanic, but to have our foods produced 2 days trucking away means we get stuff that hasnt even really ripened to its optimal point to eat before its harvested, even "Organic Lettuce" isnt food. I can toss a head of organic lettuce on the counter next to some I raised & the stuff I raised will be inedible in a matter of hours, but the store bought
Organic stuff will still be crisp for days, because it is sprayed with an enzyme to stop it from decomposing. We arent equipped to digest it, it digests itself. I can eat a big "Organic Salad" & my stomach feels bad, or I can eat mine.. & not suffer.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #834 - 05/10/12 at 10:40:17

Did you notice the biggest jump was in the Clinton years when the economy was really good.I new GWB had a reason to screw up the economy,He was looking after his people.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #835 - 05/10/12 at 20:47:06

During the 50's, 60's, and 70's, the obesity range stayed somewhere near 15%.  Several things happened in the 80's, though, that created a "perfect storm" for fat Americans.
-- Rapid "improvements" in wheat growing, to include upping the percentage of gliadin in the wheat.  Gliadin is an opiate-like (meaning addictive) protein,.. a part of gluten.
-- The USDA came out with their dietary guidelines emphasizing grains.  Remember the food triangle?
-- Increased advertising from wheat based companies (wonderbread, wheaties, graham crackers, etc.) who realized with the new lower costs of growing wheat, they could make money that upstaged Chevron as pikers.
-- Several governmentally-subsidized organizations started touting idiocy like low calorie, low cholesterol, low fat, whole grains, as the way to stay healthy.

All these kinds of things caused the obesity rate to do what it shows in the chart.  As a nation, we are fat and getting fatter rapidly.

The sooner we can get off of wheat/grains/sugar, the sooner we can get that chart to get back down.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #836 - 05/11/12 at 06:22:23

You can eat all you want as long as you burn it off working or playing.Wheat germ is best for building muscles.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #837 - 05/11/12 at 07:36:46

bill67 wrote on 05/11/12 at 06:22:23:
You can eat all you want as long as you burn it off working or playing.Wheat germ is best for building muscles.

I agree. The fittest I ever was was when I worked at a brewery after college. In collage we had a meal plan that allowed you to eat as much as you wanted. The suppers were fatty cheap cuts of meat, lots of potatoes, boiled vegetables, sugary deserts. Snacks were toast with cheese wiz, boiled eggs, peanut butter and jam. And beer- lots of it. I grew kind of pudgy.
After college I got a temp job as a laborer at a local brewery. Some of the work was very hard- the kind where they worked you for half an hour and rested you for 15 min. Some was easy, just sitting making up boxes or "foam picking". They also gave you a beer at break, two at lunch, (they had two cafeterias so you could get four at lunch if you were fast) another for afternoon break, and two after work. There was also beer hidden in several places around the plant, so you could sneak a couple more during the day. Keeping count? That's ten beer at work alone. Then I would go home and drink two or three more. Say a dozen a day.
In the six weeks I worked there I lost all my pudginess, and gained quite a bit of muscle mass. Net weight loss of about 25lbs. (had to buy new pants and shorts)
Beer has wheat in it doesn't it? Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #838 - 05/11/12 at 07:46:04

Beer has NO wheat if made preperly.

German Beer Law, Reinheitsgebot, was established in 1516 and sentenced that beer was to be made of water, barley and hops, and nothing else.

See Wikipedia.

If anyone makes beer our of wheat, it's their problem.

Just like some bozos driving wannabe jaguars or ferraris with Chevrolet engines under the hood.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #839 - 05/11/12 at 07:49:50

Just like some bozos driving wannabe jaguars or ferraris with Chevrolet engines under the hood.
That's so they can actually drive them instead of having them worked on all the time. Grin
My cousin had an E type Jag and it was in the shop more than it was in his driveway.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:39:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.