Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #810 - 04/19/12 at 14:00:51

I was hoping the tinnitus would go away too.  Mine decreased a little, but I suspect it was just from not having to take aspirin anymore.  Aspirin usually makes the ringing in my ears worse.

I guess getting off of wheat can't fix every malady, eh?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #811 - 04/19/12 at 19:46:36

here's a new study, for those of you who like studies.  The ending statements are pretty good:

"The reason I find this so fascinating is that it perfectly corresponds with the patterns in the Oxford-Cornell China Study, which showed that wheat was the single biggest contributor to BMI out of any diet variable. Calories didn’t matter. Fat didn’t matter. Weight followed the wheat."

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/12/15/new-china-study-links-wheat-with-weight-gai/

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #812 - 04/19/12 at 20:17:58

That comment this morning about hair improvements generated a few more comments on the Facebook page:

"yes, my hair is growing much faster and thicker than before since I eliminated wheat completely a few months ago. There are some new patches of hair, and they have a brownish color and no gray in them."

"My husband keeps his hair very short so its hard to tell yet about regrowth, but his salt and pepper is now much more pepper than salt! He has been wheat free for around 4-5 weeks"

"... thicker hair in my pony tail. I use to wrap the little rubber band 3 times and now I am wrapping it only twice. Quite frequently I will be out and about and the rubber band will pop due to too much tension from thicker hair. I had a small bald spot in my eye brow fill in. ...my eye lashes may not be thicker, but they are longer."

"... hair transplant several years ago.  It was thinning out and I thought I'd be going back in to get it to do again or just live with it. Two months ago I stopped all wheat.  The transplanted area is getting denser,.growing back in like it did after the transpant.  I'm telling the transplant doctor about wheat."

"We are observing much, much less of the usual daily "shedding." It's weird."

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #813 - 04/20/12 at 01:42:08

I realize I often write a lot when I participate in a thread, but I strive to separate fact from belief from fiction.

Gyrobob wrote on 04/19/12 at 06:37:14:
It is kind of frustrating to discuss things with you when you make fanciful accusations/claims about holy roman emporers and medieval walmarts.

It is not a fanciful accusation, it is a testimony from the past, it is my culture.

Quote:
All I mentioned in that last post was that over the past few months, several folks have chimed in with comments about hair growing back and/or getting thicker as one of the many benefits they are experiencing once they stop abusing wheat.

Here's one from 11 hours ago, "6 weeks in, my husband is growing hair on his "bald spot". Me? Menopause reversal, have to shave again...aahhh youth!"

No claims, no studies,... none of that.  I'm just relating something posted there.  Maybe you would tell them it just didn't happen,.. that they just imagined the bald spot filling in.

Your paradigm problem about wheat seems to pretty much filter out any info that doesn't match your paradigm.  This is quite understandable.  Most folks have trouble comprehending what they are not used to comprehending.

This claim describes your attitude perfectly  Smiley

It is just as frustrating to carry on a fair, rational discussion when the counterpart replies with the argumentatyions of a taliban...
...meaning of a person who's read ONE book and is now convinced anything which is against that book is the work of the devil!

Tongue

May I humbly point out that hair loss may be triggered by two factors:
- stress in the family or in the workplace,
- endocrinal factors (hormones)

In hair loss ceases or hair may even regrow, if the cause for stress is removed and emotional health is recuperated;
OR
hair may regrow where there was a bald(ing) patch due to desease of the skin, an allergy (perhaps related to something which had nothing to do with wheat, but came with the wheat, such as chemicals in the plastic wrapper)
or physical damage which is healing.

I had a skin transplant due to cancer at the age of 26, they sliced a portion of skin from my thigh and transplanted it on my neck, under the left ear.
My beard grew there, the skin on my thigh was hairy, but once the transplant was successful and the skin took root on my neck, the hair never grew back.

Menopausal reversal ?  Grin Grin Grin Has the lady told her family Doctor ? What were his comments ?  Lips Sealed

As for all the "improved health" symptoms, may I simply observe:
- many improvements are not due to "not eating wheat" but to "not eating the dressings"; many sauces mimick the Italian recipe only by name, but have far more fats than expected, or some ingredients are completely different and allergies may unexpectedly result; cheaper to mass produce but definitely a long way from being "healthy".

- many improvements are not due to "not eating wheat" but to "eating less", simply because eliminating the slices of bread or the pasta will result in less volume fed to the stomach (i.e., 2 hot dogs without the bun will result in an overall small portion to be digested, as opposed to the spongy mass which bloats the stomach if you do have the bun)

- many improvements are not due to "not eating wheat" but to improving the overall quality of the food eaten; if I cannot have my "chicken pesto fettuccine" (culinary blasphemy, but I'll skip the details) I will add vegetables to the chicken simply to make up for the missing pasta... hety, I'm hungry and DEMAND food on my table!

- many improvements are not due to "not eating wheat" but to finding "old" or "traditional" alternatives; no more corn chips for my snack but a healthy apple... corn chips are garbage in the first place, any fried and salted carbohydrate is culinary garbage.

Overall, I read many tall tales in the WB FB page (what do you think, I have never accessed the blog? I even contributed to it) but much of the advice asked or the "testimonials" are either clue to nutritional ignorance of the blogger (such as "fat free oil"  Grin) or dismissible claims, or explainable as I have just above.

I am not slamming Dr.Davis, nor have I insulted you.
I still have to understand where Dr.Davis draws scientific evidence for his assumed discovery of the obnoxious "wheat brain fog", I am sure that any scientist at MIT in Boston would take offense.
I certainly have.
I am ready to bet one whole dollar that while in college and at School of Medicine Dr.Davis stuffed his face with french fries, hot dogs and hamburgers - i.e., carbohydrates as you find in the buns etc.
Yet he (assumedly) got through School of Medicine successfully, got his degree and became a cardiologist.
THEN, his mind fogged by wheat, he "saw the light" and went on his anti-wheat campaing.

Am I being sarcastic ? By the looks of it, yes.

I'd rather say the more I think about it and ask around, the stronger my skepticism becomes.

If Dr.Davis belonged to a culture or an ethnic group in whose diet wheat is altogether absent, and he went on this campaing, then I'd understand.
He's supporting his culture and looking for whatever scientific evidence is avaliable to support it.

I do exactly the same when I insist on the virtues of olive oil v.s generic vegetable oil.

But I don't go on a rampage telling people who fry their cod in lard they are [please insert polite insult here] and that if they switch to olive oil their life will improve and they will grow wings and fly to work every day.

I have read a lot on the so called "paleo diet" fad, which is just that, a fad.
To assume that the diet of Man in the Paleolithic was better quality than it is today means:
- we deny the improvements due to modernisation, from hygiene to cooking and refrigeration, to medicine,
- we deny the scientific evidence that Paleo Man was generally malnourished, fed on a seasonal diet on whatever was available on hand IF he/she was ALLOWED to feet of that food (i.e., hunters/warriors first, then the women, then the elderly).

How would you feel, Gyrobob, if the allowed  calory intake was defined by age and job ?
Serving military ? 5000 calories / day
School teacher ? 3000 calories / day
Retired ? 1000 calories / day, you can't contribute much to society so why ask for more ?
THAT was Paleo Man. Diggings and findings support that.

Ride well, and enjoy your "Daly Bread"   (now... where have I heard that before ...?) Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #814 - 04/20/12 at 05:48:31

I was in a band for a year or so called Daly Bred.  

I was just thinking about an incident back in my early USAF days.  I had myopia and, of course, the conventional wisdom was that my eyes were bent.  The Docs said, "here kid, wear these glasses.  They'll correct your vision.  They will account for your problem.  There's nothing you can do to make your problem go away, so put these on."

So,.. I wore the minus prescription glasses so my distant vision cleared up.

Then I read about a new way of handling myopia.  Wear plus prescription glasses during up close work, and your distant vision will get better.  I won't go in to why it works, but it did.  At my USAF flight physicals, my vision went from 20/140 to 20/30 and has stayed there since.

The Doc asked how that happened, and I told him.  
   He said, "No, that stuff doesn't work."
   I said, "But Doc, that is the only change I made and my eyes got way better."
   He said, "It just doesn't work.  There are all kinds of studies debunking those quack doctors that claim to cure myopia like that."
   I said, "But Doc, what about my better vision?'
   He said, "Well, these tests can change around a lot."
   I said, "Well, will you write a prescription for me so I can get the USAF to give me some plus prescription glasses?"
   He said, "No, of course not.  That stuff doesn't work."

Sounds familiar.  I'm here explaining how for me and for zillions of other folks, getting off of wheat creates all kinds of benefits and gets rid of lots of problems.  The response is something like the Flight Surgeon's response: No, it doesn't work because it can't work.

So,.. I'm wanting to hear someone relate to me some proof as to how using Dr Davis's scheme worsens health.  Show me how not eating wheat and grains makes you sickly, and how it does not create any of the benefits I've been relating here.

I would be really disappointed if someone can prove to me I am hurting myself from not eating wheat and grains and sugar,... how all those benefits I am savoring now are not really there.

« Last Edit: 04/20/12 at 07:18:25 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #815 - 04/20/12 at 09:57:52

First of all, may I apologize for mistyping my "Daily bread", I speed type with a full three fingers (four on a good day) but my typing becomes dyslexic when my fingers get wrapped around each other and... Lips Sealed

Second, Gyrobob, I actually liked your last reply.

BUT

Have you ever submitted your own experience to a Medical Journal ... of American Ophthalmologists (hey! I can spell that!!!  Cheesy) and ask them how on earth that happened ?

Are you now to 20/20 vision ?

As I said, I am a skeptic BUT paying attention.

As a whole, your proposed diet can't work on a planetary scale, there is just too much requirement for grazing land (=real estate) to allow for cattle/sheep/pigs/whatever to be raised to feed the 7 Billion we are on this planet.

As I said some 50 pages ago, on the land you need to graze cattle to feed one family, you can grow wheat to feed a village.
AND
you need less water
AND
you produce less CO2
AND
you get the same crop every year (+/-) wothout having to slaughter the cows to allow what little grass there is to feed the calfs
AND
you don't have to chase the wheat as it wonders in the fields and gets lost...

Cheesy

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #816 - 04/20/12 at 13:02:10

IMHO...

On the side of the skeptics, I think it's entirely possible that food crops are being modified (and processed) in ways that contribute to health problems, especially for those with sensitivities.  Unless our numbers are dramatically reduced or we offload a significant portion of our populace to other worlds, we as a species will need to move away from our dependency on animal meat as it is now raised and processed.  It is extremely inefficient use of resources.  I'm no vegetarian.  There are nutrients we get from meat that we cannot synthesize within our own bodies from plant sources.  To be healthy as a vegetarian, it's necessary to carefully balance your sources and still take supplements.  There are also concerns about hormone-like flavonoids in soy products and beliefs that they may mimic estrogen when consumed in sufficient quantities, etc.  Personally, I just haven't been that motivated when there's meat around.  However, the world can't keep going the way it has forever.  There are currently efforts being undertaken to grow synthetic meat and someday allow us move away from such inefficient use of limited resources.  It has yielded results but they are nowhere near being affordable on any scale, nor can they produce anything beyond synthetic ground beef -- yet.  It is very important that we also do the due diligence to ensure that new/modified crops/foods and/or processing methods don't negatively impact health.  Unfortunately, since the only entities with sufficient resources to develop new/modified foodstuffs are for-profit corporations (certainly not the governments they buy/rent), you can bet the profit margin outweighs public safety any day of the world.  The only way public health matters is if it affects the bottom line in either a positive or negative manner.  That said, it's not in the interests of any of these entities for the public to have any awareness of potential health problems, should they exist.  I may be paranoid but I prefer to think of it as a healthy distrust of megacorporations and governments alike.  We have made a lot of progress in the past 10-12 millennia and we've also begun to pick up speed at a phenomenal rate in the past century to the point it may well be outpacing our ability to control it properly.  As a species we have some definite difficulties today and they are only going to get worse without some sort of paradigm shift (I hate to use the word "change" anymore).  If we actually make it past December of this year, we are going to need to really think about our grandchildren and their futures.

All of this going into my thought processes, I believe modern processed wheat products could very easily be bad.  Whether it's the wheat itself, the processing, or all the other junk in the end products that are the major problems are points of contention.

Personally, I now limit my carbs but still eat grains.  Except for rare occasions, processed stuff is out.  That applies to hot dogs as easily as it does the hot dog buns.  Hell, even ground beef has pink slime in it now.  I also limit dairy intake more than most folks.  I'm not lactose intolerant, at least not to any extent of which I'm aware.  I say that because I've read that all humans have some level of lactose intolerance once weaned.  I'm just not a fan of cow-squeezins except for some cheese, greek yogurt and ice cream.  I only occasionally have the latter and usually it's sugar-free.

If you read this far, thanks for your patience.  This started as me "thinking out loud" on the keyboard but as I reread the resulting text it starts to look like a rant.  Please understand that it's not meant that way.  It's meant only as part of the overall conversation.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #817 - 04/22/12 at 13:25:24

Hey, SavageRob, I liked your rant... er... conversation.

And I am certain you are right about your concerns.

Is tap water safe to drink ? It is OK / safe / good / excellent in different parts of the world, depending on how polluted the water sources are and the local available technology AND the local laws AND the honesty and integrity of the local politicians.

Back in Paleo days, water was spring water, or dranw from a pond or a river.
In the first case, spring water you could drink as it came out of thr ground; but anybody knows you have to filter (if not boil) pond or river water.
Incidentally, small technological breakthroughs allowed for better living conditions; not only did the mastery of fire allow to cook food, but the mastery of clay allowed to create pottery, which allowed you to stew foods (rather than roast them) and to boil water... SOUP !

This is no joke. Pottery is perhaps a greater invention than fire.
Fire, you learn to master, but pottery is a discovery which greatly improved the standards of living.

Fast forward to 4000 BC.

Man learns to irrigate and mass agriculture is the next step.

Just like we have 100 types of apples from the one wild apple tree, we also have man who selects and creates many kinds of grains until he decides which are best for intensive agriculture;
Maize (corn) manioca and tapioca in the Americas, wheat, barley, hops, various types of rice in Eurasia and mostly barley in Africa.

You have to go to "post-WW2" to come to "GMO wheat".

So, to claim "wheat is bad"... to claim "the human body is not made to digest wheat"... well, I'm skeptic.

The evidence is that I can ask an eskimo to go by a Zulu diet, replace all his fish and seal meat with buffalo and beef... he WILL be ill, there are records of epic failures of the Brits and French to "educate" the Eskimo, they have to eat fish and seal blubber.

You can ask an Australian Aborigene to eat rabbit, or tuna, but he won't be well as he would be by eating kangaroo or crocodile meat.
British records prove it.

But the remarkable thing is that no matter frmo which part of the world "promitive" populations came from, feed them any kind of grain, their body will accept it.

European settlers immediately became accustomed to maize (corn), and the American Indians never complained of "white man's flour"; Eskimos traded their catch with American Indian Nations which lived further south, and among the items you could regularly find some kind of grain; and the Australian Aborigene picked and milled wild grains.

In fact, in the Bible agriculture and raising animals (sheep&goats, in this case) are listed side by side in Genesis; Abel was a farmer, and his older brother Cain (the ill-tempered one) raised stock.

They are not father and son, nor grandpa and grandson, which would lead to believe one came before the other; they are brothers.

I DO believe GMO agriculture is the curse, the scourge of orporations, I also believe the original thing, natural wheat as it was a mere few decades ago, cannot be bad.

Let us not mistake modern Frankenstein GMOs with the Real McCoy.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #818 - 04/24/12 at 06:30:52

mpescatori wrote on 04/20/12 at 09:57:52:
First of all, may I apologize for mistyping my "Daily bread", I speed type with a full three fingers (four on a good day) but my typing becomes dyslexic when my fingers get wrapped around each other and... Lips Sealed
Second, Gyrobob, I actually liked your last reply.
BUT
Have you ever submitted your own experience to a Medical Journal ... of American Ophthalmologists (hey! I can spell that!!!  Cheesy) and ask them how on earth that happened ?
Are you now to 20/20 vision ?
As I said, I am a skeptic BUT paying attention.
As a whole, your proposed diet can't work on a planetary scale, there is just too much requirement for grazing land (=real estate) to allow for cattle/sheep/pigs/whatever to be raised to feed the 7 Billion we are on this planet.
As I said some 50 pages ago, on the land you need to graze cattle to feed one family, you can grow wheat to feed a village.
AND you need less water AND you produce less CO2 AND
you get the same crop every year (+/-) wothout having to slaughter the cows to allow what little grass there is to feed the calfs
AND you don't have to chase the wheat as it wonders in the fields and gets lost...  Cheesy

I have not submitted any of that on the vision thing.  My situation is quite common.  Some eye Docs understand it and use it, most others just do what they were taught in medical school: "It can't work, so your eyes didn't get better."  This is real similar to what most "nutritionists" will tell you about all the benefits of getting off of grains.  "Whole grains are healthy.  You got better in spite of not eating any grains."

I agree it would be difficult to undo the way the planet is addicted to wheat.  Just think, though, how much human misery would be reduced if the problems with arthritis, atherosclerosis, blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, etc. were greatly reduced.

« Last Edit: 04/24/12 at 12:52:34 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #819 - 04/24/12 at 06:56:32

Savage_Rob wrote on 04/20/12 at 13:02:10:
IMHO...

On the side of the skeptics, I think it's entirely possible that food crops are being modified (and processed) in ways that contribute to health problems, especially for those with sensitivities.  Unless our numbers are dramatically reduced or we offload a significant portion of our populace to other worlds, we as a species will need to move away from our dependency on animal meat as it is now raised and processed.  It is extremely inefficient use of resources.  I'm no vegetarian.  There are nutrients we get from meat that we cannot synthesize within our own bodies from plant sources.  To be healthy as a vegetarian, it's necessary to carefully balance your sources and still take supplements.  There are also concerns about hormone-like flavonoids in soy products and beliefs that they may mimic estrogen when consumed in sufficient quantities, etc.  Personally, I just haven't been that motivated when there's meat around.  However, the world can't keep going the way it has forever.  There are currently efforts being undertaken to grow synthetic meat and someday allow us move away from such inefficient use of limited resources.  It has yielded results but they are nowhere near being affordable on any scale, nor can they produce anything beyond synthetic ground beef -- yet.  It is very important that we also do the due diligence to ensure that new/modified crops/foods and/or processing methods don't negatively impact health.  Unfortunately, since the only entities with sufficient resources to develop new/modified foodstuffs are for-profit corporations (certainly not the governments they buy/rent), you can bet the profit margin outweighs public safety any day of the world.  The only way public health matters is if it affects the bottom line in either a positive or negative manner.  That said, it's not in the interests of any of these entities for the public to have any awareness of potential health problems, should they exist.  I may be paranoid but I prefer to think of it as a healthy distrust of megacorporations and governments alike.  We have made a lot of progress in the past 10-12 millennia and we've also begun to pick up speed at a phenomenal rate in the past century to the point it may well be outpacing our ability to control it properly.  As a species we have some definite difficulties today and they are only going to get worse without some sort of paradigm shift (I hate to use the word "change" anymore).  If we actually make it past December of this year, we are going to need to really think about our grandchildren and their futures.

All of this going into my thought processes, I believe modern processed wheat products could very easily be bad.  Whether it's the wheat itself, the processing, or all the other junk in the end products that are the major problems are points of contention.

Personally, I now limit my carbs but still eat grains.  Except for rare occasions, processed stuff is out.  That applies to hot dogs as easily as it does the hot dog buns.  Hell, even ground beef has pink slime in it now.  I also limit dairy intake more than most folks.  I'm not lactose intolerant, at least not to any extent of which I'm aware.  I say that because I've read that all humans have some level of lactose intolerance once weaned.  I'm just not a fan of cow-squeezins except for some cheese, greek yogurt and ice cream.  I only occasionally have the latter and usually it's sugar-free.

If you read this far, thanks for your patience.  This started as me "thinking out loud" on the keyboard but as I reread the resulting text it starts to look like a rant.  Please understand that it's not meant that way.  It's meant only as part of the overall conversation.

I'm not prepared to address how our race would handle moving to other planets or how we might move away from eating previously living things.  It could be done, but I have no expertise in how to work such an endeavor.

I only started this thread with a modest goal.  Do this Wheat Belly thing and report what happens to me here.  What I have to report is that this regimen is a life-changing deal.  I was 64 when I started this and felt about 70.  Now I feel about 40.  I even think I look a bit better -- thinner waist, skin way better, hair thicker, etc.  My ride to Daytona a few weeks ago was much less punishing than the several trips before that.

You said, "to be as healthy as a vegetarian." My understanding from researching these issues is that that is a negative statement.

I agree there are all kinds of nefarious things being done with the world's food supply under the banner of getting more food (and profit) out of existing resources.  This is addressed well in the Doc's book.

What is the significance of this December?  If it is the Mayan thing, they had their December 2012 a couple of years ago.

Still eating grains, eh?  Sorry to hear that.  Just on a whim, why don't you try grain-free-ness for a couple of months?  It certainly can't hurt any, and you will be surprised at what happens.  

There's nothing wrong with dairy at all, as long as you keep it low-carb.  Some yogurts have 20 carb grams in one dinky little serving!  Plain milk has a lot of carbs too, and the lower the fat, the higher the carbs.  I drink unsweetened unflavored almond milk with a 16:1 ratio of milk to heavy whipping cream. That gives me some healthy fat along with a good bit of flavor and has less than one gram of carbs per serving.

Good comments!

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #820 - 04/24/12 at 07:09:04

"So, to claim "wheat is bad"... to claim "the human body is not made to digest wheat"... well, I'm skeptic."  Me too, I was real skeptical.  I always start off as a "disbeliever."  I am hard to convince, but once I am convinced,.. I am really convinced.

I researched this a lot.  What I discovered, once I dismissed the hype, claims, and profit-oriented motivations, was that grains are bad.  Oh, sure, you can exist okay if you eat them all the time,... and,.. if you switch from really awful grains to mostly awful grains, you will see an improvement.  But!!,... get off of grains altogether and things truly get better.  I know this.  I am living it,.. and no amount of hyperbole stating that it can't work phases me a bit.

Just like the USAF eye doc who told me my eyes actually didn't get any better even though I could pass a 20/20 test (with 20/40 eyes that used to be 20/140), folks who tell me that getting off of grains is bad just don't have much influence.  How can I be affected by someone telling me I'll get worse if I don't eat wheat when I keep getting better by not eating wheat?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #821 - 04/24/12 at 09:42:06

Gyrobob wrote on 04/24/12 at 06:56:32:
You said, "to be as healthy as a vegetarian." My understanding from researching these issues is that that is a negative statement.

Nope, that's a misquote and I think you misunderstood my meaning too.  I said "To be healthy as a vegetarian, it's necessary to carefully balance your sources and still take supplements."  In other words, it is necessary for vegetarians to both carefully balance their nutrition sources and take supplements in order to maintain proper nutrition.  At least, that's what I've been able to glean from all of the myriad conflicting sources available.  There are amino acids, such as Taurine, which the human body cannot synthesize in sufficient quantities and the remainder must come from animal sources or supplements.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #822 - 04/24/12 at 12:51:39

Savage_Rob wrote on 04/24/12 at 09:42:06:
Gyrobob wrote on 04/24/12 at 06:56:32:

Nope, that's a misquote and I think you misunderstood my meaning too.  I said "To be healthy as a vegetarian, it's necessary to carefully balance your sources and still take supplements."  In other words, it is necessary for vegetarians to both carefully balance their nutrition sources and take supplements in order to maintain proper nutrition.  At least, that's what I've been able to glean from all of the myriad conflicting sources available.  There are amino acids, such as Taurine, which the human body cannot synthesize in sufficient quantities and the remainder must come from animal sources or supplements.

Ah.  To be healthy, a vegetarian has to find ways to make up for not eating what we were designed to eat.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #823 - 04/25/12 at 23:43:11

+1 for Gyrobob

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #824 - 05/01/12 at 15:10:24

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Cool

The whole book in 1 hour straight from the horses mouth.

William Davis - The Dangers of Wheat
April 29, 2012

Dr. William Davis, cardiologist and seeker-of-truth in health exposes
"healthy whole grains" for the incredibly destructive genetic monsters
they've become. Over 80% of the people he meets today are
pre-diabetic or diabetic. In an effort to reduce blood sugar, he asked
patients to remove all wheat products from their diet based on the
simple fact that foods made of wheat flour raise blood sugar higher
than nearly all other foods, regardless if the wheat is organic, multi-
grain, whole grain or sprouted. The results were positively drastic. Dr.
Davis will discuss the benefits of going wheat free. We'll cover genetic
changes of wheat verses ancient grains. He explains how modern
wheat is an opiate and appetite stimulant. William also breaks down
the internal components of wheat and how they interact with the body
in negative ways linked to a slew of health problems. He also explains
the great lie of gluten free bread. Why aren't doctors giving this
important research any attention?

Click here to watch or to download the audio mp3 (free & legal)
http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2012/04/RIR-120429.php

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: 05/07/12 at 09:09:58 by Stimpy - FSO »  

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 18:25:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.