Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #735 - 03/26/12 at 13:52:44

Gyrobob wrote on 03/26/12 at 11:32:17:
bill67 wrote on 03/26/12 at 08:36:36:
What helps my joint pain is the oil in my deep fried fish and hush puppies.

you left out the brain fog

I believe Bill was alluding the lubrication he got from fried anything.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #736 - 03/26/12 at 19:21:10

Savage_Rob wrote on 03/26/12 at 13:52:44:

I believe Bill was alluding the lubrication he got from fried anything.

poor bill

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #737 - 03/27/12 at 15:12:57

I'll take offense for that, free of charge.

For one (ONE) Shakespeare and one (ONE) Isaac Newton boasted by the (almost) wheat-free English, there are so many "wheatie" philosophers, physicists and mathematicians in history that it makes the wheat-free theory look like Nelson form the Simpsons, as opposed to Milhouse.

Socrates, Plato, Aristoteles, Cicero, Seneca, Julius Caesar and Diocletian... St.Augustine, St.Gregory, St.Nicholas (yep! Good ol' Santa Claus ate wheat!) not to mention Giotto, Dante, Leonardo, Galileo, Michelangelo, Raffaello, Botticelli and Bernini...

Anyway, I TRIED ! I TRIED HARD !!!

One full day wheat free, no wheat for breakfast, no wheat for lunch, there I come proud and wheat free in the evening and the wife says
"Darling, tomorrow's my birthday so we're dining at Mother's tonight"
Well, I KNEW it was her birthday the next day, gift bought weeeks ago and all that, but I hadn't planned for dinner at Tiffan... Mother's.
Rice and lentils, extremely healthy and verry ancient recipe and all that, but still contains rice, i.e. a grain.
Oh, well...  Roll Eyes
This morning, coffee in bed and lots of birthday kisses, then we go out for shopping (forget window shopping we've got plenty of windows!  Grin) and home we come and the wife says
"Darling, I really feel like linguine with mussels..."  Roll Eyes Wheat free... yah, right Lips Sealed

Anyway, treat her (and me Cool) to dinner in a nice Austrian restaurant, first course striclty meats, second course strictly meats, side dishes sauerkraut and salad and ...
"Waiter! TWO helpings of those terriffic stir fried potatoes with onion and speck!"  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
The wine was good, excellent... Wink

Will try again tomorrow...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #738 - 03/27/12 at 21:50:36

Gyro, I see you are doing well with your diet(I hate that word). Would you mind descibing a day's worth of meals and snacks that you eat. I curious, that's all...

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #739 - 03/28/12 at 05:06:36

SuperSavage wrote on 03/27/12 at 21:50:36:
Gyro, I see you are doing well with your diet(I hate that word). Would you mind descibing a day's worth of meals and snacks that you eat. I curious, that's all...

I hate the word diet as well.  this Wheat Belly scheme is a lot more than a diet.

Telling you what I ate yesterday would do no good.  I ate nothing.  nada.
-- Two or three times a month I do a mini-fast of sorts.  
  --- There are all kinds of health benefits, and once you get to the "Dirt Pebbler" stage of this way of living, you can skip eating with absolutely no problem at all.  
  --- No kidding.  No hunger pangs, no blood sugar reactions, no energy effects, etc.  
  --- I had pizza Monday evening, and today, Wednesday, I'm taking the current wife to Cracker Barrel for brunch.  That amounts to about a 40 hour fast.

Being able to eat nothing for a long time comes in handy for when you are doing things where it is incovenient to stop just because you have to shovel some food into your facial opening.  For example, on the ride to Daytona a couple weeks ago, I was quite comfortably able to not eat at all for the whole 9-hour ride.  Previously I always had to take food with me to eat along the way, or actually stop somewhere to get a burger or something.

Back to your point.

Typically I eat meat/fish/poultry and veggies,.. trying to stay with real food rather than manufactured or packaged food.  So, over the past several days I've had these things:
-- stuffed green peppers
-- lots of salads
-- wheatfree grainfree bread (I'll put the recipe in the next post)
-- steak
-- baby back ribs
-- green beans
-- low-carb yogurt
-- choc chip cookies (wheat,grain free)
-- squash of various kinds (butternut, spaghetti, acorn)
-- nuts
-- cheese
-- eggs fixed various ways
-- quiche
-- hot cereal (wheat/grain free)
-- strawberries
-- fruit smoothies
-- tea
-- tomatos
-- guacamole
-- tilapia
-- pork chops
-- oven baked chicken
-- cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
-- celery stalks loaded up with peanut butter, cheddar cheese, or cream cheese with salami
-- crustless pizza

That list doesn't count what I had at Golden Corral last Sunday.  Here's an excerpt from another file:
chicken, steak, bacon, eggs, sauteed green pepper & onions, shrimp, ham, stewed celery from the pot roast pan, spinach salad, caesar salad, chicken noodle soup sans noodles, three slices worth of pizza toppings, crab salad, black olives, tomatoes, meat loaf, instant tea with saccharine, water, raw onions, several raw strawberries, sugar-free choc pudding, cottage cheese, and maybe something else I forgot. Small quantities of each, except for the steak. All this took place in a leisurely manner from 1030 to 1140.

A typical reaction from someone first considering getting off of wheat is,"Man, there is nothing left to eat!"  I beg to differ.  If you eliminate anything with wheat or any other grains, or sugar, or high-carb, you are left with only,....oh,.... 56,000 things left to eat.

« Last Edit: 03/28/12 at 07:02:14 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #740 - 03/28/12 at 05:51:05

As per the previous post:

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #741 - 03/28/12 at 17:56:11

just watch the first 3-4 minutes of this lecture, then you
decide to continue or not, most everyone does, trust me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've been following this thread for months now
and today I finally decided to join in.

About me:

I weigh less now than I did in high school (20y ago)
but still have a muscular build (I swim regularly),
I quit smoking, no meat, no pop, rarely drink,
I juice every morning (and make carrot cake-like
nut & grain bars with the leftover mulch), have a
small garden/greenhouse and I am very close to
becoming full vegan, the only thing really stopping
me is my stubborn brat-eating wifey. Last time I got
sick was a flu 3 years ago.

I am also a professional chef and used to own my own restaurant,
I know what is in everything and when I go to the market I wanna cry.

Any questions, let me know, you guys rock.
Cool

A Baskin-Robbins true story.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #742 - 03/28/12 at 18:29:02

I just had my yearly physical and came up 7 pounds lighter (143 vs. 150 lbs.) than I've been since high school. I didn't need to lose weight, but sure did by avoiding wheat. No other changes to food consumption, beer consumption, or exercise.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #743 - 03/28/12 at 19:17:53

Boule’tard wrote on 03/28/12 at 18:29:02:
I just had my yearly physical and came up 7 pounds lighter (143 vs. 150 lbs.) than I've been since high school. I didn't need to lose weight, but sure did by avoiding wheat. No other changes to food consumption, beer consumption, or exercise.

Most excellent!  I wish we had your before and after numbers for blood levels and pressure and glucose.

From the 90s to 2003, I was around 235.  (on a 6'3" frame)

In 2003, I started Atkins, and went down to about 215 and stayed there until last October.

At that time I kept doing what I was doing, but stopped eating any wheat or any other grains.  I went from 215 to about 205 in a month, and have stayed there since.

I each of those situations I was not trying to lose any weight, it was just what happened.  I do about 50 carbs daily now, eating mainly meat/fish and above-ground veggies with no wheat/grains/sugar or any other stuff that might cause a blood-sugar spike.

Life is good.

« Last Edit: 03/29/12 at 08:17:32 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #744 - 03/29/12 at 21:04:09

Here's something from Keith Lewis, a wheat farmer:

You conclude in your book that modern wheat breeding has dramatically changed the nutritional value of wheat. Modern wheat farming has as well.

I have been a wheat farmer for 50 yrs and one wheat production practice that is very common is applying the herbicide Roundup (glyposate) just prior to harvest. Roundup is licensed for preharvest weed control. Monsanto, the manufacturer of Roundup claims that application to plants at over 30% kernel moisture result in roundup uptake by the plant into the kernels. Farmers like this practice because Roundup kills the wheat plant allowing an earlier harvest.

A wheat field often ripens unevenly, thus applying Roundup preharvest evens up the greener parts of the field with the more mature. The result is on the less mature areas Roundup is translocated into the kernels and eventually harvested as such.

This practice is not licensed. Farmers mistakenly call it “dessication.” Consumers eating products made from wheat flour are undoubtedly consuming minute amounts of Roundup. An interesting aside, malt barley which is made into beer is not acceptable in the marketplace if it has been sprayed with preharvest Roundup. Lentils and peas are not accepted in the market place if it was sprayed with preharvest roundup….. but wheat is ok.. This farming practice greatly concerns me and it should further concern consumers of wheat products.

I went on a wheat and refined sugar free diet before I read your excellent book. I lost 30 lbs in three months. What a remarkable change…… In my 69th year I have never felt better.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #745 - 03/29/12 at 21:26:02

That's interesting.  I'm sure it applies to other crops as well.  I'm equally inclined to believe there are quite a few other unsavory chemicals in many of our foods - including meat and dairy.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #746 - 03/30/12 at 12:57:16

Yea, like up to 20% of some mystery solution. Never buy meat at Walmart at least...

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #747 - 03/30/12 at 13:35:24

Arnold wrote on 03/30/12 at 12:57:16:
Yea, like up to 20% of some mystery solution. Never buy meat at Walmart at least...

Tibet has the only meat that is from cows that never ate anything bad.  Aside from that, Walmart is about the same as any other groc store.  Also, if you saw the Stossel show a few weeks ago, you put absolutely no faith in claims like "organic" or "free range" or "grass fed" or "uncured."

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #748 - 03/30/12 at 14:07:02

Stossel is awesome, I love his expose' stories.  But I did not see the one about the grass fed/organic/free range food.  How is grass fed beef not good?  I mean, when I drive around Texas and see ranches where the cows are grazing large areas of native grass, it seems like the beef would be pretty safe to eat.

Mostly irrelevant aside:  We are thinking about getting some backyard chickens.  I figure, we throw so many kitchen scraps in the compost bin anyway.. might as well pass them through some chickens first and get some good eggs, right?  For a small effort in keeping the chickens, we'll know exactly how "organic" the eggs are and that the chickens are treated humanely.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #749 - 03/30/12 at 14:21:03

Is your back yard big enough so you won't be exposed to the smell?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:31:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.