Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #705 - 03/23/12 at 08:57:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/23/12 at 08:36:48:
I heard somewhere that if ya pee & ants like it, youre diabetic.

Probably something to that,..

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #706 - 03/23/12 at 11:12:30

Before there were chemical tests for blood sugar the doctor would taste the patient's urine. If it was sweet, you had diabetes. Shocked

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #707 - 03/23/12 at 22:22:01

arteacher wrote on 03/23/12 at 11:12:30:
Before there were chemical tests for blood sugar the doctor would taste the patient's urine. If it was sweet, you had diabetes. Shocked

Or he was just one sick puppy,,

I bet that was an expensive test to get run,,  I cant even imagine what Id charge,, I think Id just hafta say youre good, not diabetic,, go home,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #708 - 03/23/12 at 22:47:11

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/23/12 at 08:36:48:
I heard somewhere that if ya pee & ants like it, youre diabetic.

Between that and tasting the urine pretty much sums up the diagnostics in ancient Greece, Mesopotamia, Sumeria, etc. for diabetes... aside from other common symptoms like chronic thirst and slow healing, etc.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #709 - 03/23/12 at 22:58:28

I tried flour made from Einkorn wheat (that's the original variety) today.  It's definitely heavier than today's flour and it's a yellow color similar to the color of masa.  Of course, it contains higher fat and protein content than today's wheat, so I'd expect that.  I know it's not supposed to make light bread and pastries and such, which is supposedly one of the reasons it was modified in the first place (via cross-pollination and later gene manipulation).  That said, I decided on banana-nut bread using walnuts and with milled flax-seed added.  It came out pretty dang good.  Personally, I think flour from ancestral wheat tastes much better than today's bleached and processed version made from GMO wheat.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #710 - 03/24/12 at 07:13:09

Savage_Rob wrote on 03/23/12 at 22:58:28:
I tried flour made from Einkorn wheat (that's the original variety) today.  It's definitely heavier than today's flour and it's a yellow color similar to the color of masa.  Of course, it contains higher fat and protein content than today's wheat, so I'd expect that.  I know it's not supposed to make light bread and pastries and such, which is supposedly one of the reasons it was modified in the first place (via cross-pollination and later gene manipulation).  That said, I decided on banana-nut bread using walnuts and with milled flax-seed added.  It came out pretty dang good.  Personally, I think flour from ancestral wheat tastes much better than today's bleached and processed version made from GMO wheat.

Good experiment, and your results are backed up by the Doc's, and the others on the WB FB page experimenting with these things.

Keep in mind, though, that einkorn, emmer, spelt, etc., are all still grains.  While they may be missing some of the tragic features of modern wheat (triticum aestivum), they have most of the bad stuff associated with any grain.

An apt analogy is the comparison of plain cigarettes to low-tar cigarettes to no cigarettes.  Going to low-tar is a measureable improvement, but nearly trivial when compared to giving up cigarettes altogether.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #711 - 03/24/12 at 09:55:01

I don't intend to make einkorn a staple of my daily diet.  I'm just curious about it and may decide to use it occasionally.  So far as your cigarette analogy goes, while I understand the intent, I think it's less than apt.  I would argue that there is no redeeming value to smoking cigarettes while grains are nutritious and comprise a huge percentage of what sustains humanity.  While you are making the argument that they should be nearly (if not completely) eliminated from the diet of humans, it's still a topic of debate and many would argue that there is not yet a viable alternative for feeding six billion people.  I can say for certain that eating healthy is significantly more expensive for me and I would venture to guess that's true for most Americans.  I think it's likely the same for most of humanity to the point of being out of the question for millions, if not billions.  If you could offer mega agro corporations like ADM a viable alternative to maintain their power base while improving the human condition in an affordable manner, it might stand a chance.  At this point, for all but a very small portion of people, the grain and starchy tuber elimination crusade is pretty much just tilting at windmills.  I can't say the same for big tobacco.  Their products for human consumption are killing huge numbers of people (many times more than wheat or any grain) worldwide but offer no positive contribution other than a profit margin.  While it's still an uphill battle against big money, the fight against tobacco is making progress.

Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #712 - 03/24/12 at 11:16:38

Savage_Rob wrote on 03/24/12 at 09:55:01:
I don't intend to make einkorn a staple of my daily diet.  I'm just curious about it and may decide to use it occasionally.  So far as your cigarette analogy goes, while I understand the intent, I think it's less than apt.  I would argue that there is no redeeming value to smoking cigarettes while grains are nutritious and comprise a huge percentage of what sustains humanity.  While you are making the argument that they should be nearly (if not completely) eliminated from the diet of humans, it's still a topic of debate and many would argue that there is not yet a viable alternative for feeding six billion people.  I can say for certain that eating healthy is significantly more expensive for me and I would venture to guess that's true for most Americans.  I think it's likely the same for most of humanity to the point of being out of the question for millions, if not billions.  If you could offer mega agro corporations like ADM a viable alternative to maintain their power base while improving the human condition in an affordable manner, it might stand a chance.  At this point, for all but a very small portion of people, the grain and starchy tuber elimination crusade is pretty much just tilting at windmills.  I can't say the same for big tobacco.  Their products for human consumption are killing huge numbers of people (many times more than wheat or any grain) worldwide but offer no positive contribution other than a profit margin.  While it's still an uphill battle against big money, the fight against tobacco is making progress.

Grains have nutrition, but they have nothing in them that can not be had from healthy foodstuffs.  In fact, for the carbs and other toxic substances in grains, other veggies and meats have a much better ratio of good to bad.

The fact that grains are fed to a large percentage of humanity is a deplorable situation, not something in their favor.  I do agree that we can't just take away grains from everyone, especially the nearly starving billions around the world,... at least not immediately.  That kind of thing would take a really long time, even if it would ever happen.  I doubt it would ever happen, because there is WAYYY too much money involved.  Just like many decades ago, there was no way we were ever going to get the population to stop smoking -- WAYY too much money (and therefore votes) involved,... and we still haven't eliminated smoking.

I like your terminology, "the grain and starchy tuber elimination crusade is pretty much just tilting at windmills."  Pretty much true.  A sad, sad situation, but it is reality.  If we could gradually get big money and the governments to start working on more healthy options, it would save money eventually because of the great reduction in medical expenses.  Atherosclerosis, arthritis, diabetes, obesity, MS, etc., are very costly.  Another problem, though, is that if it looked like we were going to make those problems go away, big-pharma would jump in and throw $billions into a campaign to keep their market viable.

I'm not sure about big tobacco being more harmful than big grain.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #713 - 03/24/12 at 13:52:35

It was a lot easier to see the damage tobacco did. Grains are everywhere & eliminating them takes determination. The effects are subtle for most of us & being motivated to avoid what we have been taught all our lives is good isnt easy. Some have made the move & reported good results,,, I dont think anyone has eliminated them to find they were less healthy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #714 - 03/24/12 at 15:45:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/24/12 at 13:52:35:
It was a lot easier to see the damage tobacco did. Grains are everywhere & eliminating them takes determination. The effects are subtle for most of us & being motivated to avoid what we have been taught all our lives is good isnt easy. Some have made the move & reported good results,,, I dont think anyone has eliminated them to find they were less healthy.

I eliminated just wheat, for a month, and I was f@*%^d up like a football bat.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #715 - 03/24/12 at 16:00:16

Thats seriously f@*%^d Up!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #716 - 03/24/12 at 17:13:32

I wa  wa  wa to wa nedd to start et whet again

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #717 - 03/24/12 at 18:09:42

arteacher did something that looked like no wheat,... he didn't do anything like the Wheat Belly thing.

That's like a drunkard not drinking any Johnny Walker, but still downing a quart of wine, a sixpack of Bud, and a couple of martinis every day, wondering why he's still all f***ed up.

If you want to find out what happens if you do the Wheat Belly thing, then do the Wheat Belly thing: no wheat, no grains, no sugar, low-carb, moderate exercise.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #718 - 03/24/12 at 18:15:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/24/12 at 13:52:35:

Sound reasoning, although for some folks the effects are not all that subtle.  For me it was rather striking to have my headaches and allergies just disappear.  For others on the FB page, some are having decades worth of arthritic joint pain disappear in just days.  Some folks are losing 10 pounds a week.  Yes, I'll agree they aren't all like that, and most are not that dramatic, but there are a lot of way-more-than subtle things happening from no wheat, no grains, no sugar, low-carb.  That last statement is pretty good, "I dont think anyone has eliminated them to find they were less healthy."

« Last Edit: 03/25/12 at 04:27:16 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #719 - 03/25/12 at 11:49:58

arteacher wrote on 03/22/12 at 14:11:07:
You should not eat carbs alone. Eating carbs with protean (pb or meat sandwich, instead of just toast) will reduce the blood sugar spike dramatically.
Eat your baked potato with a steak.
Eat your potato chips with cheese dip.
Eat your toast with an egg.
Eat your rice with a pork chop, or stir fry.
Drink your beer with pickled sausages, or pickled eggs.
Roll Eyes

Didn't want to butt in (again) but I just couldn't resist this.

From my observations at any Italian fast food joint (including McDonald's Italy):

Eat your hamburger with french fries a SALAD.

Eat your steak with a baked potato  SALAD.

Eat your potato chips with cheese dip. DON'T! Do not eat fried carbohydrates; you add the fatty, fried oils to carbohydrates.
Your liver cries murder.

Eat your toast with an egg. Eat you EGG with toast... more importance to egg than toast...

Eat your rice with VEGETABLE stir fry (but, why go chinese? what about europena recipes?)
...combine the pork chop with stir-fried greens for example ...

It isn't a matter of good&bad, but of bad combinations.

Now read THIS... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20014764-10391704.html?tag=contentMain...
The CBS Early Show's Dr. Emily Senay says studies show that the diet, which originated in Italy and Greece, reduces metabolic syndrome - a cluster of symptoms that puts people at a higher risk for heart disease and Type 2 diabetes. People who adhere to it are also at a lower risk for obesity, fat buildup in the arteries and high blood pressure.

Now, I am not an extremely religious person, in the sense that I do not go with my head bowed down simply because am man dressed in black tells me to.
However, these words leave food for thought:
Daniel, 1:12-15 "12 “Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then let our appearance and the appearance of the youths who eat the king's food be observed by you, and deal with your servants according to what you see.” 14 So he listened to them in this matter, and tested them for ten days. 15 At the end of ten days it was seen that they were better in appearance and fatter in flesh than all the youths who ate the king's food."

Also, John 6:35 "...I am the bread of life..."
Now, why would Jesus say BREAD when he always used the allegory of fish or lamb in his parables?

So, a single cardiologist may have had an interesting idea but before he can prove the world 6 billion people have been living off the wrong diet...
...it's a bit of a long shot... Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:36:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.