Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #675 - 03/20/12 at 21:41:00

arteacher wrote on 03/20/12 at 16:40:45:
The Atkins diet has been around for 40 years. I wonder who, if anyone, stayed on it all this time, and what kind of shape their liver and kidneys are in ? Huh
And Gyro, I am really glad WB is working out for you. You must be one of the many who are allergic to wheat. If I was allergic to tomatoes, and quit eating tomatoes, I would feel better too.
However, you made your point many pages ago, and now you have taken it to the level of fanaticism.
Just be happy and enjoy your new found health, and QUIT TRYING TO SHOVE YOUR FANATICISM DOWN EVERYBODY'S THROAT!
I am sure I am not the only one with this view. Huh

Somehow, I*d be willing to believe that anyone who no longer had an interest would have simply stopped clicking on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #676 - 03/20/12 at 22:58:46

+1
Personally I won't disagree with Gyro as I know from elimating certain
foods the past 7.5 months has helped me lose 71 lbs. It also has
helped me to feel better, have more energy and have a whole new
meaning on life..
This combined with exercise has me feeling 20 years younger. Now who
doesn't want to feel younger?
And yes if your in disagreement, then simply stop replying to the thread.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #677 - 03/21/12 at 04:21:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/20/12 at 21:41:00:
The Atkins diet has been around for 40 years. I wonder who, if anyone, stayed on it all this time, and what kind of shape their liver and kidneys are in ? Huh
And Gyro, I am really glad WB is working out for you. You must be one of the many who are allergic to wheat. If I was allergic to tomatoes, and quit eating tomatoes, I would feel better too.
However, you made your point many pages ago, and now you have taken it to the level of fanaticism.
Just be happy and enjoy your new found health, and QUIT TRYING TO SHOVE YOUR FANATICISM DOWN EVERYBODY'S THROAT!

Somehow, I*d be willing to believe that anyone who no longer had an interest would have simply stopped clicking on it.

I did that for a while, but when he started in about how it cures MS I had to get involved again.
It is NOT a cure for MS, just as bee stings and decompression, and enlarging the veins in the neck are NOT cures.
To say it's a cure for MS is misleading, and absolute BS.
THERE IS NO CURE FOR MS AT THIS TIME!

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #678 - 03/21/12 at 06:05:48

arteacher wrote on 03/21/12 at 04:21:37:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/20/12 at 21:41:00:

I did that for a while, but when he started in about how it cures MS I had to get involved again.
It is NOT a cure for MS, just as bee stings and decompression, and enlarging the veins in the neck are NOT cures.
To say it's a cure for MS is misleading, and absolute BS.
THERE IS NO CURE FOR MS AT THIS TIME!

I never said there was a cure for MS.  All I did was relate some anecdotal situations I had come across.  I am the very first to wave the bullpucky flag when someone claims an individual event proves something for every situation.  On the FB Wheat Belly page, over the past few months there have been several (maybe 10?) folks chime in with how they or their kids had situations relating to the nervous system markedly improve rather rapidly (for nervous system problems) for autism, epilepsy, and MS.  Yesterday there was a lady that started a thread explaining how years of suffering from fibromyalgia (FM) has nearly stopped, and,... whadya know, it started to improve when she went wheat-free.  What a coincidence!

These are individual cases,.. not robust studies.  Draw your own conclusions.  They don't prove CURES for anything.  I never said they did.

They are very interesting, though, and they do make you want to check into it further.

From my 20s up until last October I had freight-train sized headaches several times a week.  
-- I just learned to live with it.  
-- The Docs said, "too bad kid, that's just the way you are.  Here, have some 1000 mg aspirin."  
-- If I would have read on the Wheat Belly page about all those folks who had their headaches disappear, I would have given it a shot just on the outside chance that it might work for me.  
-- Living with those headaches is an awful thing.  You can't appreciate it unless you live it.  
-- Well, I got off of wheat for other reasons, but you can not imagine how much better my life is without those f***ing headaches!!!!!!  They went  away within about three days of no wheat.
-- Reading about headaches disappearing on the Wheat Belly page certainly doesn't substantiate a cure for headaches.  It does make a headache-stricken SOB think about giving their "solution" a shot, though.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #679 - 03/21/12 at 06:15:58

You sure as h$ll implied it was a cure!
Gyro- just for curiosities sake, have you ever had allergy tests done?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #680 - 03/21/12 at 06:48:31

arteacher wrote on 03/21/12 at 06:15:58:
You sure as h$ll implied it was a cure!
Gyro- just for curiosities sake, have you ever had allergy tests done?

You may have inferred it.  I never implied anything of the sort.

Yes, I had allergy tests done a few times.  
-- They showed typical things like pollen, etc.  None were drastic.  
-- My previous method was to pop a prescription Allegra before going out to rake or mow, etc.  I don't have to do that anymore.  
-- Like the metal-on-my-skin allergy that disappeared last October (wheat free time), I apparently have no allergies now.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #681 - 03/21/12 at 07:56:25

Gyro take care of your self,I do believe you have one foot in the grave.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #682 - 03/21/12 at 12:11:06

Gyro, it's obvious you have an immune issue with wheat. You can't paint everyone with a single swath of a brush. I have absolutely no issues with wheat, I do limit the amount I consume of it. I eat from a wide variety of produce, grains, meats etc etc.

It's wonderful that you have found the culprit in your ill health, but not everyone is as sensitive as you are.

Plenty of Fresh Fruits and veggies is the key.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #683 - 03/21/12 at 12:29:12

& finding Plenty of Fresh Fruits and veggies that havent bombarded with pesticides is the problem for me.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #684 - 03/21/12 at 17:38:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/21/12 at 12:29:12:

& finding Plenty of Fresh Fruits and veggies that havent bombarded with pesticides is the problem for me.

Yup, there in lies the rub. I have a huge garden every year and try to jar a lot of what I don't eat fresh. With regards to pesticides, Herbicides and GMO crap, you do the best you can and what you can afford. Fresh fruit and veggies, healthy oils, lean meats, self-caught seafood and sparse processed foods for me. I can only control so much, and dabble with the Devil(chocolate) on occasion.  Grin

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #685 - 03/21/12 at 19:35:58

bill67 wrote on 03/21/12 at 07:56:25:
Gyro take care of your self,I do believe you have one foot in the grave.

bill, are you off your meds again?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #686 - 03/21/12 at 19:47:17

SuperSavage wrote on 03/21/12 at 12:11:06:
Gyro, it's obvious you have an immune issue with wheat. You can't paint everyone with a single swath of a brush. I have absolutely no issues with wheat, I do limit the amount I consume of it. I eat from a wide variety of produce, grains, meats etc etc.

It's wonderful that you have found the culprit in your ill health, but not everyone is as sensitive as you are.

I felt the same as you.  I thought I was in great health.  Blood numbers were good, weight was good, FAA physicals good, exercising regularly,.. I even looked healthy.  I did not have ill health.  I was "normal."  If you would have asked me, "How's your health?"  I would have said, "Great!"  Then I got off of wheat and discovered all these improvements.

When I ask you now, "How's your health?",.. you'll say "Great."  If you were to get off of all wheat/grains/sugar for a couple of months you would be really surprised.

Yes, you can paint everyone with the same swath. Everyone has vulnerability to wheat issues,.. just like everyone has vulnerability to smoking issues.  I'm sure you know lots of smokers who seem quite healthy, but, along with that, I'm sure you would say everyone is harmed by smoking.

You just think you have no issues with wheat.  Just because you aren't in a coma doesn't mean you are not harming yourself with the blood sugar spikes.  Strong folks can go for quite a long time seeming to get along fine with blood sugar spikes,.. and they have no concept of what they are doing to themselves inside,.. especially to the pancreas.

Additionally, you haven't read the book.  You don't have much credibility saying Dr Davis is wrong if you don't even know what he says

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #687 - 03/22/12 at 10:25:36

The past few days here in the Atlanta area, the pollen count has been setting startingly high records. Here's an excerpt from an AJC article:

"Atlanta's count early Monday of 8,164 particles of pollen per cubic meter of air was more than a third higher than the previous record of 6,013, set on April 12, 1999, according to the Atlanta Allergy and Asthma Clinic, which tracks the misery level of the city's allergy sufferers. The major pollens present Monday were oak, pine, mulberry, sycamore, sweet gum and birch."

Over the past few days I have been outside doing yardwork for an hour or two each day.
-- Last year I would have been taking allegra, and being outside that long this time of year would have been an awful thing, with hours needed to get over the allergic reactions. It was bad even with allegra, but if I forgot to take it before I went out, mama mia!!,.. I would have literally been sick.
-- This year, no allegra, record high pollen, and yet,.... no allergies. Not a sniffle.  No rash.  No headache.  No raspy eyes.

Maybe it's just coincidence.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #688 - 03/22/12 at 13:12:17

I did another experiment today.  There have been claims made that two slices of whole wheat bread will give you a blood sugar spike exceeding that of a snickers bar.  Well, here is the first half of that experiement:

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #689 - 03/22/12 at 13:41:28

Looks good to me I guess the sugar is whats giving you the energy to work hard.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:30:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.