Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #600 - 03/04/12 at 07:32:08

Gyrobob wrote on 03/04/12 at 06:35:36:
You can easily find out your intolerance to wheat and/or other grains.  Just stop eating ANY of it for a month or two.  Note the changes,.. sorta like an allergy test in reverse.  
  -- I know of no one who has completely stopped all grains for a month to not note some pretty significant improvements.  
  -- I do know of a lot of folks say they have given it a try, but all they really did was cut out one or two grains,... or they "cut way back."  
  -- Cutting "way back" is like reducing your cigarette smoking from 5 packs to 2 packs a day.  
    --- That is quite an improvement, but as far as your lungs are concerned, not much has changed.  
    --- Same with wheat and other grains,... cutting way back does very little good since you are still ingesting all the nasty stuff contained in those grains.

You have shown that some effects flip on and off like a switch, for example when the flour soup thickener inadvertently gave you a blind test and you had a headache in less than an hour.

I think other effects (like roughness in my joints) are less dramatic, and more gradual and proportionate to the amount of WGC consumed. If it was an absolute on/off thing, I would not have seen any improvement, because I still eat corn and rice, and am not a teetotaler on wheat.

The advice to give it a try "for a month or two" suggests that it takes time for the concentration of WGC to bleed down to where the experimenter will notice the effects.  The lack of an exact prescribed time to try it suggests that the 'detox' period is different for different people, or at least that symptoms persist longer in others.

Has any one on that facebook page gone 1.5 months and gotten near the end of their trial period, about to give up, then all the sudden BOING! WHOA!! X symptom went away!  I'd look into it myself but I don't do Facebook.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #601 - 03/04/12 at 12:21:28

Aha!!  I found something that might show a link between wheat and MS.

This is from Dr. Mercola's website:

Wheat contains amino acids "glutamic and aspartic acid, which makes them all potentially excitotoxic.  Excitotoxicity is a pathological process where glutamic and aspartic acid cause an over-activation of your nerve cell receptors, which can lead to calcium-induced nerve and brain injury. These two amino acids may contribute to neurodegenerative conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Alzhemier's, Huntington's disease, and other nervous system disorders such as epilepsy, ADD/ADHD and migraines."

Makes me wonder if this is why my headaches disappeared when I stopped eating wheat.  Maybe this is why so many folks are relating that they or their kids are improving or eliminating their ADD, eplilepsy, MS, etc.

Unfortunately this is not proof, just a possible link.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #602 - 03/06/12 at 07:39:56

Take it easy, Gyrobob...

I'm sure you know that copper will poison the blood system.

If you wear a copper bracelet, it will stain your skin green.

Yet... how many people (teenage girls, mostly) wear copper bracelets?

And.. what about magnetic bracelets ? Tattoos ?

There's more to "neurodegenerative disease" than just eating bread or drinking beer...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #603 - 03/06/12 at 13:56:26

mpescatori wrote on 03/06/12 at 07:39:56:
Take it easy, Gyrobob...

I'm sure you know that copper will poison the blood system.

If you wear a copper bracelet, it will stain your skin green.

Yet... how many people (teenage girls, mostly) wear copper bracelets?

And.. what about magnetic bracelets ? Tattoos ?

There's more to "neurodegenerative disease" than just eating bread or drinking beer...

and?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #604 - 03/09/12 at 08:25:49

One of my Cherokee relatives just told me what the Native-American term is for vegetarian,...

Lousy Hunter

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #605 - 03/09/12 at 10:30:21

I've worn a copper bracelet with magnets for 10 years,I really helps arthritis.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #606 - 03/09/12 at 11:05:47

bill67 wrote on 03/09/12 at 10:30:21:
I've worn a copper bracelet with magnets for 10 years,I really helps arthritis.

My brother wore one of those too. He put it on his wrist on Monday, and died on Thursday.  His widow took hers off right away.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #607 - 03/09/12 at 12:23:50

Monday in 1945 and Thursday in 2011.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #608 - 03/12/12 at 03:35:36

What really cracks me up (meaning, makes me smile) is that you guys can make a whopper of a case for the survival of the Human Species and turn it into a Vaudeville show...

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Love you guys !

Now, Gyrobob, pancakes and coffee ? C'mon, it's on me (if you can make it this side of the Ocean...)

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #609 - 03/12/12 at 06:24:18

I love pancakes.  I have few really good recipes that have no wheat or grains in them at all,.. so,... there is no damage done to my precious bod like there would be from the blood sugar spike caused by wheat-contaminated pancakes.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #610 - 03/16/12 at 11:30:11

Here's yet another link between brain problems and wheat.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201108/wheat-and-...

It's not absolute proof, just another nail in the coffin,... a link, so to speak.

I wonder who eats more wheat, dems or repubs?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #611 - 03/16/12 at 11:40:19

Careful- careful!- you will get the thread  moved to the tall table! Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #612 - 03/16/12 at 15:26:28

mpescatori wrote on 03/12/12 at 03:35:36:
What really cracks me up (meaning, makes me smile) is that you guys can make a whopper of a case for the survival of the Human Species and turn it into a Vaudeville show...

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Love you guys !

Now, Gyrobob, pancakes and coffee ? C'mon, it's on me (if you can make it this side of the Ocean...)

Wink

For myself, I'm just trying to do what I can to slow down the rate at which entropy does its thing to me.  When you're young, you're indestructible.  Now in middle-age I'm trying to lessen how much old age could potentially suck.  If I am ever financially able to retire, I would like to enjoy it and if I'm not financially able to retire, I'd like to be fit to work.  I think the human race has proliferated quite well in the last 20,000 years (overall evolution for us is probably more like 2 million years but I'm sticking to homo sapiens portion).  I know that some might even say like a cancer and that mother earth is trying to rid herself of us.  I prefer not to pass moral judgments on the survival instincts of a species and I'm not sure I can quite swallow the macro-consciousness of planet but all that aside, I think we've adopted a lot of changes to both our dietary and activity habits over the past 20 millennia.  Many of those changes have enabled us to survive in far greater population densities than could otherwise be supported (i.e. agriculture).  However, I also think that some of these changes have introduced varying degrees of toxicity to us for which evolution has left us ill-prepared.  If we let natural selection continue and did not change things at a rapid pace, evolution would just do its thing and the survivors would be better equipped... but we don't let natural selection work (we treat the symptoms with drugs and such and engender even more side-effects often ignoring root causes) and we change what goes into our bodies at a quick clip.  Some of these changes are things most of us aren't even aware of, like just how much wheat has been modified by man in just the past half century.  The flour in most of our foods is not what it was in WWII and is extremely different from what our ancestors have survived on for thousands of years.  That in itself gives me pause.  The question is whether we made it better or worse for us.  The answer seems to be that we made it easier to grow more product and make it better tasting and easier to cook with but worse for our health.  I think we're good at that.  I can do much about the air I breathe but I can have a little more influence elsewhere.  Thus, I read and try to decide what I believe and how to change.  I haven't finished this book yet and won't pass judgment on it yet.  So far though, some of the author's assertions make sense to me for humanity overall while others likely effect only a very small subset.

I'm actually interested in trying flour and products made from Einkorn wheat (the original wheat), though I actually eat very few processed grain products anymore anyway.  It sounds interesting and who doesn't like pancakes.  And it'd take a lot to get me to give up my coffee.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #613 - 03/16/12 at 15:32:35

What food hasn't changed since WW2,All crops, fruit trees have fertilizers they didn't have then,Which also changes the meat we eat.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #614 - 03/16/12 at 15:45:32

bill67 wrote on 03/16/12 at 15:32:35:
What food hasn't changed since WW2,All crops, fruit trees have fertilizers they didn't have then,Which also changes the meat we eat.

Absolutely, we should be examining other food sources too. I don't think anyone said wheat was the only thing that has changed.  I would venture to posit that wheat is one of the food sources that has changed the most (and in the shortest time-span) as well as being one of those that has been purposefully modified at a genetic level.  Also, it constitutes an inordinately large portion of humanity's current dietary intake.  I think that may be why this author focuses on it but I don't know that for sure.  He might have been locked in a grain silo for days as a kid and never got over it;  I just can't say.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 16:37:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.